UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Condit's kinesthetically adaptive unconscious

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/5/13 2:03 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1455 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

In the latest edition of Robin Black's 5 Rounds on the Fight Network, Black breaks down Carlos Condit's highly-evolved mental response system, and how he used it to take apart Martin Kampmann at UFC Fight Night 27.

Black is a former glam rock star, professional MMA fighter, and current MMA color commentator and media figure on the Canadian MMA scene and internationally.

9/5/13 2:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Leck Brosnar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome
9/5/13 2:32 PM
XIII
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I enjoyed that.
9/5/13 2:33 PM
ausgepicht

TiTTy!

9/5/13 2:41 PM
Brian J DSouza
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't argue with science!

9/5/13 2:51 PM
in_different
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subscribe to that channel, its high quality content. Thwynrelease daily videos
9/5/13 2:52 PM
tecknowledge

sooo carlos was in the zone. nice.
9/5/13 3:09 PM
Robin Black
433 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks guys. That was super fun to do.

Carlos' performance was mind blowing, it was a treat to watch in slow motion a couple dozen times while doing this.

Kirik, thanks for posting it. You're the man.

If anyone wants to see the whole episode here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=816E4VHBKg0

Thanks a million. Cheers.
9/5/13 3:14 PM
donkey guard
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For later Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 3:15 PM
King Trav
823 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll watch it when I get home. Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 3:17 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1778 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/5/13 3:32 PM
martiallaw666

Check out Robin's moves!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-rCzCAJJcA

I actually used to be a huge fan back in the day!
9/5/13 3:38 PM
Robin Black
433 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Preemptive answer to imminent question:

No I'm not a romo.

Cheers.
9/5/13 3:38 PM
Gin Tonic
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very cool! There was a lot of subtle things that i didn't even realized occurred until i watched this.
9/5/13 3:42 PM
Aaron Becker

Edited: 09/05/13 3:42 PM
wouldn't it be easier just to say that fighting has become second nature to Condit with out all "scientific breakdown" bs from some goon?
9/5/13 3:47 PM
MMABaseball

Aaron Becker - wouldn't it be easier just to say that fighting has become second nature to Condit with out all "scientific breakdown" bs from some goon?
Some goon?...
, Robin Black will shit on you. Literrally. Shit on you wipe it up, them smear it all over your fface Phone Post
9/5/13 3:50 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1778 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hope zuffa doesnt remove your video for using their footage

was a good watch

9/5/13 3:51 PM
Robin Black

MMABaseball - 
Aaron Becker - wouldn't it be easier just to say that fighting has become second nature to Condit with out all "scientific breakdown" bs from some goon?
Some goon?...
, Robin Black will shit on you. Literrally. Shit on you wipe it up, them smear it all over your fface Phone Post

I, uh, might not actually do that.
thefear
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting video. Wonder why you think Condit is one of the only fighters like this though? Surely anyone who has trained for a fair amount of time will perform moves unconsciously. Anytime someone slips a punch and counters in a fight it will have been an unconscious reaction, which has come from drilling that movement and practicing it in sparring. I'm not sure if I missed the point of the video, as I don't see why Condit is special in this respect?
thefear
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting video. Wonder why you think Condit is one of the only fighters like this though? Surely anyone who has trained for a fair amount of time will perform moves unconsciously. Anytime someone slips a punch and counters in a fight it will have been an unconscious reaction, which has come from drilling that movement and practicing it in sparring. I'm not sure if I missed the point of the video, as I don't see why Condit is special in this respect?
9/5/13 4:05 PM
Arse Face
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Robin Black - 
MMABaseball - 
Some goon?...

I, uh, might not actually do that.

be like water
9/5/13 4:16 PM
RileyPust
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fantastic video. Certain fighters seem to operate at a higher level of awareness. I believe it to be one reason why Anthony Pettis finds so much success. As well has having excellent fundamentals, he's able to pull off moves before his own brain knows what he's going to do. If you don't have a conscious thought about what you're about to do, your opponent is more likely to be blindsided. Again, fantastic video Mr. Black.

9/5/13 4:21 PM
Timtek

He is absolutely spot on with his commentary.

That said, you see lightning reflexes in other sports as well (hockey and tennis certainly come to mind).
9/5/13 4:21 PM
V8N0M
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/05/13 4:22 PM
Big Ups to Robin Black, Fight Network & the Toronto MMA scene!!!
9/5/13 4:22 PM
V8N0M
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aaron Becker - wouldn't it be easier just to say that fighting has become second nature to Condit with out all "scientific breakdown" bs from some goon?

VTFD!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.