UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hendricks slow to cooperate in anti-doping tests

9/5/13 4:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jimmy Rustler
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/05/13 4:27 PM

Saw this posted on sherdog, decided it should be discussed here too.

source: http://tvasports.ca/combats/ufc/dopage-hendricks-na-pas-encore-rempli-les-papiers-4092013

its in french but the google translation:

Doping: Hendricks has not filled out the paperwork

On September 4, 2013 at 19:47 | TVA Sports

Will Johny Hendricks hold the promise he had made , to undergo anti- doping tests for his fight against Georges St- Pierre at UFC 167 on November 16 in Las Vegas?

For now , the American has not filled out the paperwork that would give the green light to the Anti-Doping Agency VADA to do the monitor by the confrontation with GSP in the fall.

Dr. Margaret Goodman , President of VADA , confirmed to the TVA Sports on Wednesday that Hendricks ( 15-1, 8 KOs ) has not taken steps to become a "member" of the organization .

Meanwhile, St-Pierre ( 24-2 , 8 KOs ) as promised to submit to doping tests. TVA Sports has witnessed Wednesday when the champion welterweight UFC had to spend an unexpected check in full workout.

While in Montreal in August to promote the event of UFC 167 , the 32 years old Quebec fighter had invited Hendricks to submit to doping tests until they fight, just to prove to all that they do not use illegal substances. His 29 years opponent had accepted the invitation without hesitation.

"The worst thing they can find in my diet, it's a few proteins had laughed American. If eating wild boar , deer and glutamine is bad for my system , so maybe I'll fail the test . "

St- Pierre went so far out of his own pocket for their own adherence to the VADA for himself and for Hendricks , a bill that amounts to more than $ 20,000 .

GSP is featured on the website of the VADA , but not Hendricks . The organization tests on a voluntary basis athletes boxing and mixed martial arts.

It is independent and is not associated with UFC. Its mission is "to protect the health of athletes who want to demonstrate their own in their sport ," according to what is displayed VADA - Testing.org .

9/5/13 4:30 PM
Leck Brosnar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope there's no wild horse anywhere near Hendricks
9/5/13 4:32 PM
Mr Makaveli

Maybe he should retire Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 4:38 PM
Tiresias
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I heard that he sustained a minor injury to his paperwork signing fingers, and they are just being cautious with it.

9/5/13 4:46 PM
AMartElbow

Stay on Sherdog Jimmy. Retire your UG account like Kole retired Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 4:51 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tiresias -

I heard that he sustained a minor injury to his paperwork signing fingers, and they are just being cautious with it.

I heard that his signing hand retired Phone Post
9/5/13 4:53 PM
BENDOver_and_took_it
1681 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was on the news here and the local paper is about to run with it.

9/5/13 4:54 PM
n3g
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wouldn't do VADA either. Its invasive, annoying, and not worth a damn.

People need to realize that PEDs and performance based sports go hand in hand. Lance Armstrong was rigorously tested for YEARS and never failed a drug test, The only reason he was caught was cause people ratted him out. If GSP, or Hendricks wanna juice and get away with it they will.

VADA is just a feel good waste of time.
9/5/13 4:55 PM
UK Asylum

$20,000 for something that isnt even official. Its not like the fight would get called off if he tested positive in september.
9/5/13 4:58 PM
Teddy KGB
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

big_roy_fan - hendricks will get out rustled by gsp for 5 rounds

TTT'ing your own thread... not cool bro
9/5/13 5:03 PM
Hikikomori
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wouldn't be surprised if Zuffa told Johnnie not to do it. Phone Post
9/5/13 5:03 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UK Asylum - $20,000 for something that isnt even official. Its not like the fight would get called off if he tested positive in september.

That's incorrect, I'm pretty sure. The commissions would probably have something to say about it. I'm also fairly certain that Dana said if someone failed a VADA test that he would have no choice but to pull them, I'm not positive but I think it was before Rory/BJ that Dana said that.

9/5/13 5:12 PM
UK Asylum

RileyPust - 
UK Asylum - $20,000 for something that isnt even official. Its not like the fight would get called off if he tested positive in september.

That's incorrect, I'm pretty sure. The commissions would probably have something to say about it. I'm also fairly certain that Dana said if someone failed a VADA test that he would have no choice but to pull them, I'm not positive but I think it was before Rory/BJ that Dana said that.

Fair enough then, but in that case, the UFC should be paying because what if 20k is paid and no fight happens?
9/5/13 5:16 PM
HexRei

UK Asylum - 
RileyPust - 

Fair enough then, but in that case, the UFC should be paying because what if 20k is paid and no fight happens?

georges volunteered to pay for it *shrug*
9/5/13 5:19 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UK Asylum - 
RileyPust - 

It's because it's voluntary. The UFC doesn't necessarily even support VADA testing, but they can't stand in the way of fighters volunteering to be tested more thoroughly. The idea is probably that a fighter would have to be crazy to pay for extra testing if there was a chance he'd fail.

9/5/13 5:26 PM
UK Asylum

RileyPust - 
UK Asylum - 
RileyPust - 

It's because it's voluntary. The UFC doesn't necessarily even support VADA testing, but they can't stand in the way of fighters volunteering to be tested more thoroughly. The idea is probably that a fighter would have to be crazy to pay for extra testing if there was a chance he'd fail.

I get ya, But if the UFC ranks the results so highly, maybe they should be the ones volunteering to fund it.

GSP is crazy to pay that though. Thats a years wage to some people.
9/5/13 5:33 PM
RileyPust

It's not that the UFC ranks the results highly, it's that the commissions would. No athletic commission is going to allow a fighter who tested positive a week ago to fight tomorrow. If the AC says a fighter can't fight because of his VADA test, then there's nothing the UFC can do about it. That's how I understand it anyway, maybe someone else has some more solid info.

9/5/13 5:47 PM
UK Asylum

RileyPust - 

It's not that the UFC ranks the results highly, it's that the commissions would. No athletic commission is going to allow a fighter who tested positive a week ago to fight tomorrow. If the AC says a fighter can't fight because of his VADA test, then there's nothing the UFC can do about it. That's how I understand it anyway, maybe someone else has some more solid info.

I see, However Anything taken 2 months out wouldnt even be in his system anymore.

Maybe the commission should be putting money to this testing in general then.
9/5/13 6:07 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

n3g - I wouldn't do VADA either. Its invasive, annoying, and not worth a damn.

People need to realize that PEDs and performance based sports go hand in hand. Lance Armstrong was rigorously tested for YEARS and never failed a drug test, The only reason he was caught was cause people ratted him out. If GSP, or Hendricks wanna juice and get away with it they will.

VADA is just a feel good waste of time.
I wouldn't either. It's a fuckin pain in the ass. There's already testing. Let GSP do the stupid fucking testing if he wants . Phone Post
9/5/13 6:13 PM
MentaL
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMO News, Honcho

if he doesn't go through with it while GSP foots the bill the reprecutions are going to be quite bad. 

9/5/13 6:22 PM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UK Asylum -
RileyPust - 

I see, However Anything taken 2 months out wouldnt even be in his system anymore.

Maybe the commission should be putting money to this testing in general then.
You understand that the testing is done to ensure a fighter is also clean during training, which is where he gains his competitive edge by using drugs, right? Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 6:29 PM
ChaosOverkill
631 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the disrespect that divison has for a guy that has helped open the door for millions in sponsorships should they want it is absurd.

9/5/13 6:32 PM
Rudi

Retired Phone Post
9/5/13 7:01 PM
Pancake Syrup Ali
549 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not surprising that it's the French media reporting it 

9/5/13 7:06 PM
caseharts
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
Vasa costs, 20000? Wtfffffff Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.