9/6/13 12:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SonOfThePeepHole
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

U Fight Cautiously Phone Post
9/6/13 1:01 PM
Rantuckjr
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where did you pull your 300K # from?

By this post, i have no doubt you are one of the guys that has no idea how the ratings work.
9/6/13 1:04 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

SonOfThePeepHole - U Fight Cautiously Phone Post
U fight cheap Phone Post 3.0
9/6/13 1:10 PM
JimmersonzGlove
474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

esch99 - I would really like to see them get off of these Wednesday fight cards and keep them on the weekends.

I disagree. I love the Wednesday cards.

9/6/13 1:10 PM
Internettufguy

Silverback Gorilla Monsoon -
MMA Lives Here -
JimmersonzGlove -
epwar - 
dfw jr - 
MMALOGIC -

Ofcourse fox is happy... the UFC is carrying the network and Zuffa is being paid peanuts for it.  If a girl was paying you to suck your dick you'd be happy too. 

700m over 7 years is nothing... look at the amount of content Zuffa has to produce.  if you take away 3 ppv events a year, the roughly 50m a year spike and versus was already paying Zuffa and all the extra content zuffa has to produce for fox it's a wash.

Yeah, the potential with fs1 and fox can be huge but if the numbers dont go back to what they were the sport can become flacid in the states.

Stop taking it in the ass Francis and get Fox to replay tuf on big Fox at 11pm so you can stop the bleeding.

LMFAO, you are someone in the industry for sure. Phone Post 3.0

He just reads Meltzer and Alvarez (or is Meltzer or Alverez).

+1

He refreshes Meltzer's site all day long for info. It's no coincidence that whenever he posts ratings here, it's right after Meltzer posts them on his site.

MMALOGIC = Meltzer?? Phone Post 3.0
I think you'll soon find out that he is just some schmuck who has failed at every turn in life and is now filled with anger (fueled by disappointment). It is clear from his "writing" that he is poorly educated, most likely the result of his dropping out of either HS or community college. My guess is he is a male, white, late 20s to mid 30s, single, unemployed or underemployed and financially unsuccessful. He is probably good with numbers and may have excelled in math while in school. He most likely had a bright future at one time but has now become an angry shell of his former self. He has been watching MMA since just after TUF 1 and has little to no understanding of the sport's history (which is why he wishes for the death of leagues actively employing fighters). He's a sad little man and I can't wait for him to go back to Sherdog. He brings nothing to this forum and serves only to instigate and wish ill on fighters who are working hard to provide for their families. The UG will be a much better place when he is gone. Phone Post 3.0
Says the guy who's been posting for a whole three weeks. Phone Post 3.0
9/6/13 1:58 PM
Uchi
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, this kneejerk thread has gone much longer than most. MMALOGic and Dana's fault? :)
9/6/13 2:39 PM
TopGrinder

So TUF debuts to their lowest numbers ever and Dana spins this into a great thing. Fucking lol. Excuses excuses. Shit is sounding like American politicians now. Phone Post 3.0
9/6/13 2:50 PM
Internettufguy

Internettufguy -
MMA Lives Here -
JimmersonzGlove -
epwar - 
dfw jr - 
MMALOGIC -

Ofcourse fox is happy... the UFC is carrying the network and Zuffa is being paid peanuts for it.  If a girl was paying you to suck your dick you'd be happy too. 

700m over 7 years is nothing... look at the amount of content Zuffa has to produce.  if you take away 3 ppv events a year, the roughly 50m a year spike and versus was already paying Zuffa and all the extra content zuffa has to produce for fox it's a wash.

Yeah, the potential with fs1 and fox can be huge but if the numbers dont go back to what they were the sport can become flacid in the states.

Stop taking it in the ass Francis and get Fox to replay tuf on big Fox at 11pm so you can stop the bleeding.

+1

He refreshes Meltzer's site all day long for info. It's no coincidence that whenever he posts ratings here, it's right after Meltzer posts them on his site.

I think you'll soon find out that he is just some schmuck who has failed at every turn in life and is now filled with anger (fueled by disappointment). It is clear from his "writing" that he is poorly educated, most likely the result of his dropping out of either HS or community college. My guess is he is a male, white, late 20s to mid 30s, single, unemployed or underemployed and financially unsuccessful. He is probably good with numbers and may have excelled in math while in school. He most likely had a bright future at one time but has now become an angry shell of his former self. He has been watching MMA since just after TUF 1 and has little to no understanding of the sport's history (which is why he wishes for the death of leagues actively employing fighters). He's a sad little man and I can't wait for him to go back to Sherdog. He brings nothing to this forum and serves only to instigate and wish ill on fighters who are working hard to provide for their families. The UG will be a much better place when he is gone. Phone Post 3.0
Says the guy who joined right after UFC 146...

Do you really think a join date equates to your knowledge of the sport or, possibly, how long you have been watching? I was pouring over bootleg tapes of events you've never heard of when you were still wetting your panties. Remember IAFC 1? Of course you don't. That was before you were born (1995). It was the single coolest VHS I owned back in the day. 28 fights in one damn night. How many NHB events did you attend in the late 80s and early 90s? None?! That's what I thought. How many Susumu Nagao photos hang on your office wall? Let me guess; your inner dialogue is asking who the fuck that is because you know shit about the history of this sport.

You clowns who hang on to join dates are ridiculous. I've seen and 02er make one of the dumbest statements ever on here. I've seen 12ers post some serious insight. One of the posters who know the most about the history of this sport is an 09er. You're dumber than I could ever believe if you think a join date matters at all. Phone Post 3.0
Didn't imply anything about your knowledge of MMA, dummy. I was pointing out how ridiculous it is for you to criticize MMALOGIC's contributions to this site after only contributing yourself for three weeks. Calm down big guy. Phone Post 3.0
9/6/13 2:52 PM
Internettufguy

Internettufguy -
MMA Lives Here -
JimmersonzGlove -
epwar - 
dfw jr - 
MMALOGIC -

+1

Says the guy who joined right after UFC 146...

Do you really think a join date equates to your knowledge of the sport or, possibly, how long you have been watching? I was pouring over bootleg tapes of events you've never heard of when you were still wetting your panties. Remember IAFC 1? Of course you don't. That was before you were born (1995). It was the single coolest VHS I owned back in the day. 28 fights in one damn night. How many NHB events did you attend in the late 80s and early 90s? None?! That's what I thought. How many Susumu Nagao photos hang on your office wall? Let me guess; your inner dialogue is asking who the fuck that is because you know shit about the history of this sport.

You clowns who hang on to join dates are ridiculous. I've seen and 02er make one of the dumbest statements ever on here. I've seen 12ers post some serious insight. One of the posters who know the most about the history of this sport is an 09er. You're dumber than I could ever believe if you think a join date matters at all. Phone Post 3.0
And, for the record, not that it matters though, in 1995 I was eating lunch next to Dan Severn while he was training at Grand Canyon University in Phoenix. Followed shortly thereafter by Don Frye. And yes, I do want a cookie. Phone Post 3.0
9/6/13 2:57 PM
GnP Sonnen

I don't think you can watch it on ufc.com so I don't even bother Phone Post
9/6/13 3:06 PM
IhaveDSL'SforPettis

Come on ladies Phone Post 3.0
9/6/13 3:14 PM
BlueWrapper
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More people watched TUF? Ouch.

Gotta get these fight nights on Saturday. Wednesday cards are for the birds. Phone Post 3.0
9/6/13 3:25 PM
Internettufguy

Silverback Gorilla Monsoon - Pics? I didn't think so... Phone Post 3.0
Yep, because everyone carried around cameras with them in 1995. Dummy. Did you even know he trained there, oh "man of more infinite MMA knowledge than anyone else"? Phone Post 3.0
9/6/13 3:34 PM
GROUNDnLB
319 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I haven't read all the posts, but did anyone post that these ratings don't include people who tape the show and watch it 2
Or more days later? It was a horrible day of week, especially since there were two other cards right before it. I bet a lot of people, way more Than usual, did the above. Phone Post 3.0
9/6/13 3:42 PM
AceAtGSU
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I watched TUF later that night on FS2. Didn't bother because I knew I could catch the rerun.
9/6/13 3:48 PM
56sav

why would anybody want to tune in to watch women fight? I can't figure out why they thought that would work.
9/6/13 4:09 PM
QQmoar

Watching the top 5-10 women in the world fight is one thing.. they can put on exciting worth while fights..

watching everyone else is like watching bad prelims.. they arent exciting and are not fun.

Also the weight class is not the most popular.. 135 male fighters are not nearly as popular as the heavier weight classes.

and its on a network that not everyone tunes into. when you think of sports you just dont think of FS1..
9/6/13 4:10 PM
QQmoar

KingofBJJ - 
Bubba's Pinkslipped Butthole - 

UFC is bigger than soccer, bro.  And fighter pay is where it should be. 

Uhm.  Okay. Star Soccer players make more in a month, than top UFC fighters make all year.

Yup right where it should be, yet I am sure you are amped for UFC 167 so long as those guys don't get a boxer's salary for taking more damage.  As long as you are entertained right?

apparently you cant understand sarcasm...
9/6/13 4:25 PM
QQmoar

KingofBJJ - 
QQmoar - 
KingofBJJ - 

Uhm.  Okay. Star Soccer players make more in a month, than top UFC fighters make all year.

Yup right where it should be, yet I am sure you are amped for UFC 167 so long as those guys don't get a boxer's salary for taking more damage.  As long as you are entertained right?

apparently you cant understand sarcasm...

Was it really?  You never know on these boards!

lol you got me there... but it would appear to be sarcasm seeing that a brazil soccer game fills a stadium over over 100k people.. 1/5 of the total people who watched the ufc Wednesday night..

i truly never understood the popularity of soccer because being from NY and now living is NC its football/basketball and thats about it.

but staying in italy for a summer.. i got to go to a couple soccer games and ive never seen any sporting event like it. they are fanatical.. the italian government built tunnels under the stadium that allows the referees to leave and end up in different parts of the country.. for their safety.. its just crazy
9/6/13 4:34 PM
Ray Cappa

Strikes and gutters man. Strikes and gutters. Phone Post 3.0
9/6/13 4:36 PM
Ray Cappa

KingofBJJ -

It's called "irony" bro. Look it up. Phone Post 3.0
9/6/13 4:56 PM
Rantuckjr
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingofBJJ - 

Sarcasm not a strong suit for this guy.
9/6/13 5:00 PM
Rantuckjr

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how the rating work though?

Like is it true that only about 25,000 households in the whole country report to Nielsen?

Is it true that just over 50 of the largest 250 markets in america are even represented?

The accuracy of the forms that are filled in (usually during sweeps) is under dispute as those who do not have a box do not accurately report their watching habits?

Alternative watching experiences (online, DVR, etc.) are not even calculated in the numbers that are distributed each week?

9/6/13 5:08 PM
epwar
647 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rantuckjr - I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how the rating work though?

Like is it true that only about 25,000 households in the whole country report to Nielsen?

Is it true that just over 50 of the largest 250 markets in america are even represented?

The accuracy of the forms that are filled in (usually during sweeps) is under dispute as those who do not have a box do not accurately report their watching habits?

Alternative watching experiences (online, DVR, etc.) are not even calculated in the numbers that are distributed each week?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nielsen_ratings#Measuring_ratings

9/6/13 5:08 PM
Non N00B

jimbonice -  Who's got the time to watch 18 hours of UFC in the span of seven days? MMA overload. Phone Post

If you were around in say the 02-05 days, you would think something like this would be impossible, now people are bitching about it.

:(

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.