UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC pulls horrible ratings last night

9/5/13 5:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
catbath
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have they released the GLOBO numbers? I'm not sure how the rating system works for Brazilian TV.

Oh - and for those of you who think MMALOGIC is a paid poster, is this post some strategic plan from above to help him regain credibility? Phone Post 3.0
UGCTT croy_00
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well fuck, when the event is over by the time I get home, it's impossible to get ratings.

AyyAnt
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ya there was no marketing for this fight. I asked my friend who I usually watch most the UFCs with if he was going to catch the fight and he responded with "what fight?" Most people had no clue about it.
tjmitchiscool
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There was a card last night..?? No one around me had any idea it was on either... Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 5:15 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the fight night numbers are shit but the TUF numbers are the real concern.

That TUF season on FX would have done 1.5 mill or more like the Jones season did, they basically did half what they could have done on FX for TUF. 

9/5/13 5:17 PM
3 Sided Square
400 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lookoutawhale - 

Fightmaster/Bellator Finale Ratings

5 days ago
MMALOGIC Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

558k viewers

that doesnt look too shabby now. When, what people believe is 2nd rate feeder league, beats the mma leader that has been around for much longer.

Umm, are those ratings for the FightMaster show that moved to Thursday? If so you need to compare it to TUF which beat it by 200K+, and even with the move it only beat the fights by 19k.

Had that finale been on Wednesday, against Duck Dynasty it wouldn't even be close.
9/5/13 5:17 PM
Dana Stern

Nobody was aware of the live fight last night it really flew under the radar. The FS1 channel switch and all that had people confused too. It will all catch on. Phone Post
9/5/13 5:18 PM
json123

Those numbers would be considered terrible if on other more established networks. However, aren't these numbers some of the best for FS1 in its short time so far?
9/5/13 5:20 PM
brahmabull81
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Plus, werent the prelims loaded with like decisions? Some people start turning the channel and forget to turn it back when some back to back boring fights are on.
9/5/13 5:21 PM
Jweinberg
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fights were awesome- it seems
Weds. Night for some reason a lot of people forgot it was on- everyone I knew (4 people) had no clue Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 5:23 PM
BRZ

Chris27 -

That TUF season on FX would have done 1.5 mill or more like the Jones season did, they basically did half what they could have done on FX for TUF. 

I think you got a point. TUF on FX would have done better. Not everyone even knows about FS1 channel yet. Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 5:24 PM
UGknowme

IhaveDSL'SforPettis - It had nothing to do with a Wednesday night or anything, come on now you nooblets.

If it was a Saturday and the channel was established they would have done much better Phone Post 3.0
Wednesday is a great night for ratings Saturday night is a terrible night for TV ratings

Learn your shit bro. Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 5:24 PM
The Chits
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah this shouldn't be all that surprising. The card was awful on paper and in reality.
9/5/13 5:25 PM
TopGrinder

Wow those TUF numbers suck dick. I expected shitty numbers for the fight night being so over saturated full of no namers but for a so called ground breaking TUF it numbing Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 5:26 PM
BENDOver_and_took_it
1666 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RileyPust - 

I don't get Spike in my current cable package, and I'm not paying anything extra just for Bellator. Similarily, I'm not paying extra to get Sportsnet360 just for the UFC. There is literally nothing else on either of those channels that I'm going to watch.

It's not a crime to not be a hard core MMA fan.

9/5/13 5:28 PM
Chris27

BRZ - 
Chris27 -

I think you got a point. TUF on FX would have done better. Not everyone even knows about FS1 channel yet. Phone Post 3.0

Its def true, the fights on Weds on a new network you can spin that but you cant spin TUF.  Jones/Sonnen on Tues on FX did 1.5 debut and 1.2/1.3 mill average for the season.

This season with all the hype around Ronda/Tate adn females in the house would have done that or more on FX. 

Cutting your ratings in half is not a good look.  Fox might like it cause everything else on FS1 is doing terrible but for the UFC its fucking horrible.

Even this card which wasnt great, you put that on Sat night on FX its doing 1-1.4 million viewers. 

right now its looking getting moved off FX was a mistake for teh UFC.  They were just getting their groove going with FX and now they are in less homes on a new network.  I know they'll say it will take time to build the network and thats true but in the short term its bad for the UFC and the sport.

9/5/13 5:28 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Well it wasn't a particularly strong card, and it was on a Wednesday night. I personally couldn't watch it live, because I was at work. Tuf started at 6pm, that the exact time I get off work. I had to rush home, just to catch tuf. Phone Post
9/5/13 5:29 PM
Rantuckjr
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How do televisions ratings work?
9/5/13 5:31 PM
Ch1ef
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've never met anyone with a Nielsen box. Ever. Phone Post
9/5/13 5:31 PM
da Vinci 81
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RileyPust -

I don't get Spike in my current cable package, and I'm not paying anything extra just for Bellator. Similarily, I'm not paying extra to get Sportsnet360 just for the UFC. There is literally nothing else on either of those channels that I'm going to watch.

This is going to be part of the problem for Canada I think. That new sn360 channel is complete dogshit and I never watch it for anything but the UFC. And not getting it in HD and that stupid constant ticker bar makes it nearly unwatchable. Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 5:33 PM
epwar
605 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm still laughing at MMALOGIC's enthusiasm two weeks ago where he said in a thread "chestbumps everyone!"  Such an optimistic young lad.

9/5/13 5:33 PM
lookoutawhale
1008 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3 Sided Square -  Umm, are those ratings for the FightMaster show that moved to Thursday? If so you need to compare it to TUF which beat it by 200K+, and even with the move it only beat the fights by 19k.

Had that finale been on Wednesday, against Duck Dynasty it wouldn't even be close.

A 2nd rate MMA organization's show beat out the main card of a fox fight. TUF beating it by 200 000 is still quite close knowing that people have been saying UFC is so far ahead it cant be touched and that Bellator is so much more worse and should just be a feeder league.

Imagine the NFL and CFL being this close to another in ratings.

9/5/13 5:37 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellators last fight card was Bellator 97 on Wednesday night and it did 676,000
9/5/13 5:38 PM
lifeaftrprison
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

News flash , people don't watch girls in sports. Please see every other women's sport that pulls no ratings or fans. They can say its ground breaking all they want , fact is a lot of guys and girls don't want to watch women compete in sports. I think they would be better off putting Snooki in as a coach. Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 5:39 PM
Rantuckjr
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ch1ef -  I've never met anyone with a Nielsen box. Ever. Phone Post

Ding Ding Ding

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.