UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC pulls horrible ratings last night

9/5/13 6:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MrLawBoy
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My casual fan friends not only didn't know about the fights last night at all, they don't even know about FS1's very existence. Kinda hard to draw if nobody has a clue to watch. Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 6:04 PM
ramit upper
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Internettufguy - They went up against Duck Dynasty. No can defend. Phone Post 3.0

I missed Duck Dynasty?!

FUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!
9/5/13 6:05 PM
zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa - The prelims were some of the worst fights I've ever seen in the modern UFC. Horrible card on paper. But yea, isn't this kinda what everyone feared would happen? Bellator just may put up better numbers this Saturday. Phone Post 3.0

I'd almost wager that the average line for the favorite last night was the highest ever for a UFC event. Probably by far.

9/5/13 6:05 PM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 09/05/13 6:06 PM
epwar - 
MMALOGIC - 
json123 - Those numbers would be considered terrible if on other more established networks. However, aren't these numbers some of the best for FS1 in its short time so far?

the tuf number beat every college football game on fs1 last week.  I believe the best college football game last week pulled 711k viewers.  This isnt a disaster for fs1 as it is for zuffa.

You cant sell ppv's, tickets and merchandise if you're audience dwindles away.

The tuf number isnt disasterous yet.  if it drops and settles around 600k it will be.  if it stays around 800k it's not great but at this point it's all you can ask for.

The prelims were also fine... last week the prelim numbers were 100k on fs2.  so 270k is good for zuffa on a midday showing. the exposure for the prelims tripled.  that's about the only good news for zuffa.

The numbers for the main card is what's concerning here (539k)...  and the fact that the audience for the UFC on fs1 isnt increasing... it's decreasing.

"tuf number isnt disasterous yet"  

MARVEL AT THE SPIN LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!  That is the worst number in the history of the show and it isn't going to go up.  I'd reckon by the end of the season we'll see TUF episodes pulling numbers close to 400,000.

Again, you can't establish yourself one place and then move again 18 months later.

um... no it's not the worst number ever for tuf.    Tuf 16 which aired on fx friday nights had 4 episodes which pulled less than this with the lowest ever tuf episode pulling 646k viewers (4 episodes on season 16 pulled less than 700k viewers).  Will this season have an episode that will beat that record low of 646k?  probably.

9/5/13 6:06 PM
Il Duce
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Most people don't wanna watch people beat each other bloody like savages for hours straight 3x in an 8 day period. I doubt this will ever change. Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 6:07 PM
Chris27

ramit upper - 
Internettufguy - They went up against Duck Dynasty. No can defend. Phone Post 3.0

I missed Duck Dynasty?!

FUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

What is it with that show?  I've never seen a single episode but all I hear is people love it.  its a bunch of dudes with dirty beards who invented some duck call thing, right?  Why is it so popular?    Then again Jersey Shore was popular so that says alot.

9/5/13 6:07 PM
zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ramit upper - 

I missed Duck Dynasty?!

FUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

You can catch that show on your side of the pond? If so, awesome. If you actually watch it, I might have to take back some of the horrible things I've said about you.

9/5/13 6:08 PM
NYjojo

I had to pay an extra 15/month on directv to get the package with fsp1/2. I hesitated until the day of the first fight. I watched every prelim on FX and Fuel. Difference is, every basic cable package gets FX(97 million households). I've no idea who gets fsp1.
9/5/13 6:09 PM
My jimmy got bam bamm-ed
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Chits - Yeah this shouldn't be all that surprising. The card was awful on paper and in reality.
On paper? I always look forward to be benevidez, jacare and Glover fighting. The reality was those fights were exciting too. Phone Post
9/5/13 6:10 PM
breakbeatbox
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats to Wallid! These are huge numbers for Jungle Fight 58.
9/5/13 6:11 PM
ChaosOverkill
553 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

da Vinci 81 - 
RileyPust -

I don't get Spike in my current cable package, and I'm not paying anything extra just for Bellator. Similarily, I'm not paying extra to get Sportsnet360 just for the UFC. There is literally nothing else on either of those channels that I'm going to watch.

This is going to be part of the problem for Canada I think. That new sn360 channel is complete dogshit and I never watch it for anything but the UFC. And not getting it in HD and that stupid constant ticker bar makes it nearly unwatchable. Phone Post 3.0

this, the idea of a sport carrying an entire network is a retarded idea of imbeciles and will hurt the sport

9/5/13 6:14 PM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is what happens when your company removes anything online with a hint of UFC in it cause of copyright. There goes any viral marketing created by fans. Plus ticket prices are fucking ridiculous these days. UFC might not want to admit it but people are pissed about that!
9/5/13 6:16 PM
J_Swift

Internettufguy - They went up against Duck Dynasty. No can defend. Phone Post 3.0
This. The wife and I watched DD then u went back to the fights afterwards. Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 6:19 PM
ramit upper

zedlepln - 
ramit upper - 

I missed Duck Dynasty?!

FUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

You can catch that show on your side of the pond? If so, awesome. If you actually watch it, I might have to take back some of the horrible things I've said about you.

Haha! actually no, it`s not on UKTV as far as I know.. although I do watch it online sometimes.

I only heard about it on the OG tbh

9/5/13 6:25 PM
Silverball
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Rogan's new series pulls better numbers on the SyFy network. I remember suggesting on here that they should consider switching out Dana for Joe a couple of seasons ago, but all I got were a bunch of responses about how Joe doesn't have time to do another TV series. Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 6:26 PM
Tankhead
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana Stern - Nobody was aware of the live fight last night it really flew under the radar. The FS1 channel switch and all that had people confused too. It will all catch on. Phone Post
I agree with this post. I had no idea it was on until I got home from work and looked through the guide.

I really hope they can build steam again. I love the free fights and last night was full of great fights. Lots of finishes, got to see Jacare whoop some ass, and watched Glover come back from a bad place.

I couldn't care less about TUF. Just gimme a weekly fight night, please. Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 6:36 PM
slamming

The american TV system is bizarre. You people have so many fucking (pointless) channels that if a program moves to another channel, half its usual viewership does a collective "huh??" and watches something else because they cant find it.
9/5/13 6:38 PM
breakbeatbox
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's up to UFC and Fox to make people aware of the event and want to watch their product. They have themselves to blame.

They did a good job at letting people know about the FS1 debut card, didn't they? What's changed?

Maybe they did a comparatively bad job at letting people know that cards are on Wednesdays.

Maybe half the damn card was on television before the west coast got home from work.

Maybe, just maybe, this was a watered down card featuring fighters making their UFC DEBUTS on the main card, and they couldn't carry a good rating across the whole time block? Maybe.
9/5/13 6:43 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
559 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why do people care so much about ratings? Do you guys care that much about Fox Sports 1? Phone Post
9/5/13 6:44 PM
MMALOGIC

Silverback Gorilla Monsoon - 
liquidrob - Bellators last fight card was Bellator 97 on Wednesday night and it did 676,000
Why is MMALOGIC avoiding this comment? I think I know why. Phone Post 3.0

if you wanna compare apples to apples the last UFC card on wednesday night Spike pulled 1.9m viewers....

when you compare fs1 to spike you are comparing a network that has an average audience of 800k (spike) to a network that has an average audience of 160k (fs1).

last night's UFC fight night number and bellators 97's number were both shit for different reasons.  Bellator's number is shit because it isnt good enough for spike even though it may be good for a feeder league.  UFC's number is shit because it isnt good enough for zuffa and and a growing sport like mma even though it beats most other fs1 programs.

Spike is burying bellator on friday nights because you need around 800k to just tread water on that network.

9/5/13 6:46 PM
TheVileOne
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2012/12/the-ultimate-fighter-16-ratings-episode-no-12-draws-678000-viewers

Far from the worst ratings in The Ultimate Fighter history.
9/5/13 6:47 PM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 09/05/13 6:51 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  Why do people care so much about ratings? Do you guys care that much about Fox Sports 1? Phone Post

better ratings means more product.  if the fight nights do well that means fans will get more of them.  Which also means more money and opportunities for fighters, etc...

9/5/13 6:50 PM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 09/05/13 6:50 PM
TheVileOne - http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2012/12/the-ultimate-fighter-16-ratings-episode-no-12-draws-678000-viewers

Far from the worst ratings in The Ultimate Fighter history.

tuf 18 episode one may not be the lowest watched episode but it's the worst debut and historically the numbers usually settle lower than the debut episode.  there's a small chance that the audience builds over time because it's a new network but it's not looking good.

9/5/13 6:50 PM
Sevensky

Ask people if they watch fox sports 1 the answer is no. People outside of mma fans don't really know about the channel yet.. Let this baby Mature Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 7:00 PM
I LOVE GSP

Nice job being objective op. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.