UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC pulls horrible ratings last night

9/5/13 6:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/05/13 6:50 PM
TheVileOne - http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2012/12/the-ultimate-fighter-16-ratings-episode-no-12-draws-678000-viewers

Far from the worst ratings in The Ultimate Fighter history.

tuf 18 episode one may not be the lowest watched episode but it's the worst debut and historically the numbers usually settle lower than the debut episode.  there's a small chance that the audience builds over time because it's a new network but it's not looking good.

9/5/13 6:50 PM
Sevensky

Ask people if they watch fox sports 1 the answer is no. People outside of mma fans don't really know about the channel yet.. Let this baby Mature Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 7:00 PM
I LOVE GSP

Nice job being objective op. Phone Post
9/5/13 7:01 PM
meco24
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Over-saturation Phone Post
9/5/13 7:08 PM
showtime SNAPPED my toothpick
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

goocher - There has been a crazy amount of fights lately. I'm not complaining. People watch all over the world. Don't pay attention to U.S. ratings.
Probaby this Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 7:15 PM
grimer

Too many watered down cards. It's a shame too because the fights were good last night. I just dont think those guys had enough name recognition to drive the ratings to where they needed to be. Glover, Benevides and Jacare are all great but let's face it...Okami and Bader are probably just as recognizable and they aren't really that exciting to the casual fan. I think the UFC needs to learn a thing or two from strikeforce and start mixing in a few big names onto these cards to bring in the casual fans. Guys like Diaz, BJ, Wand, etc. Doesn't have to be the top ranked guys..just those with brand appeal.
9/5/13 7:16 PM
BackOffWarchild
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just can't watch a 3-hour MMA card on Wednesday night after having the UFC over the weekend. My wife would fucking kill me. I'm missing the Broncos game tonight for the same reason. It's the time of year, brah. I can't watch 8 hours of football on the weekend, plus another 9 hours of MMA over the course of the week.

Too much, Dana.
9/5/13 7:23 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
521 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  Why do people care so much about ratings? Do you guys care that much about Fox Sports 1? Phone Post

better ratings means more product.  if the fight nights do well that means fans will get more of them.  Which also means more money and opportunities for fighters, etc...

We don't need the product to do better so we can get more fights. They would probably do better numbers if they did less shows and combined these cards into one show. Fox wants more shows so they thin them out a little and do more.

The UFC isn't going anywhere, they'll continue putting on cards on FS1 because we know they've got nothing else to pull 500k viewers on a Wednesday night. I don't care how many people watch my favorite NBA teams games, I don't really see why the UFC is any different. Phone Post
9/5/13 7:30 PM
Pancake Syrup Ali
518 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not surprising. Glover-Bader isn't a big draw for casuals, same for Jacare and for the most part the rest of the fights were Brazilian mismatches........

9/5/13 7:32 PM
TexDeuce
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Over saturation of the UFC Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 7:38 PM
Mertvaya Ruka
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UFC constantly has to rebuild their viewer base by constantly switching channels.

From spike to fx and fuel and now fs1 and fs2.

They sure don't have it easy.
9/5/13 7:39 PM
PrestigeWorldwide
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am a big fan and try to do my part to add viewership, but even I struggled to tune in last night. That's a lot of fights in that short of a time frame. 

9/5/13 7:40 PM
pegson123

Tuf is buried on a chit network Phone Post
9/5/13 7:42 PM
n3g
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was on too early.. was training
9/5/13 7:53 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Chits - Yeah this shouldn't be all that surprising. The card was awful on paper and in reality.
The fights last night were great, what reality are you in? Phone Post
9/5/13 8:04 PM
StretchPlum

I'm not too concerned about these results. We have to remember that generally speaking mma is a disastrous business financially.
9/5/13 8:06 PM
dfw jr
1487 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Distatorous? MMALogic is pretty good but he's way off on this one. We were #1 on all of cable with M18-34 and M18-49. We also beat out the US Open and the Detroit vs. Red Sox MLB game. This is all part of the building process. We've made a commitment to work with FOX to build this network. If you look at all the other networks we've ever been on, we consistently pull strong ratings.

The first time we put our prelims on FX, we pulled 880K viewers and it grew, depending on the fight, up to 1.9 million viewers for UFC 156. Also, the TUF season with Carwin and Big Country averged 822K viewers, then Jones vs. Sonnen averaged 1.3 million viewers.

We currently hold the top 4 most watched telecasts on FS1 since the network launched. To be honest, our Prelim and Fight Night numbers weren't bad considering we started on the west coast at 2pm in the afternoon on a Wednesday. The most important thing is last nights fights were awesome and this season of TUF is great.

Yes, we didn't pull 1 million+ but we will. But, we also fucked up last night by not starting the main event later so that we could get a live lead into TUF. The bottom line is FOX couldn't be happier with the UFC and the ratings we're pulling and we couldn't be happier with the way we have been treated by the network.

Yes fuckers my secretary typed this not me. :)  

9/5/13 8:08 PM
God Bless Tim Tebow
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol. here come the cocksuckers.
9/5/13 8:11 PM
Pancake Syrup Ali
518 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well it's not hard to beat ratings on a baseball game that one team is winning by 2 touchdowns worth of runs........

9/5/13 8:12 PM
MMA Playwright
494 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dfw jr - 

Distatorous? MMALogic is pretty good but he's way off on this one. We were #1 on all of cable with M18-34 and M18-49. We also beat out the US Open and the Detroit vs. Red Sox MLB game. This is all part of the building process. We've made a commitment to work with FOX to build this network. If you look at all the other networks we've ever been on, we consistently pull strong ratings.

The first time we put our prelims on FX, we pulled 880K viewers and it grew, depending on the fight, up to 1.9 million viewers for UFC 156. Also, the TUF season with Carwin and Big Country averged 822K viewers, then Jones vs. Sonnen averaged 1.3 million viewers.

We currently hold the top 4 most watched telecasts on FS1 since the network launched. To be honest, our Prelim and Fight Night numbers weren't bad considering we started on the west coast at 2pm in the afternoon on a Wednesday. The most important thing is last nights fights were awesome and this season of TUF is great.

Yes, we didn't pull 1 million+ but we will. But, we also fucked up last night by not starting the main event later so that we could get a live lead into TUF. The bottom line is FOX couldn't be happier with the UFC and the ratings we're pulling and we couldn't be happier with the way we have been treated by the network.

Yes fuckers my secretary typed this not me. :)  

Dana White just shit in the face of MMA Logic.
9/5/13 8:13 PM
Ingrained Media
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ingrained Media, President
MMALOGIC - 

and this may get uglier for tuf moving forward.  good lord....  if tuf levels out at 500k that's going to be devastating for zuffa.

you cant sell ppv's and tickets if you're audience drops down to 500k for your free flagship products. 

True, they have moved it and made all the adjustments they could and it still is not working. You can see the PR control is a lot tighter, sites like Junkie do not even cover ratings.

TUF16 that did over 900K in its debut got this treatment and it was on a horrible day for 18-45 TV

TUF 16 Debuts to Lowest TV Ratings for an Ultimate Fighter Premier Episode

Turn to this (same website)

The Ultimate Fighter 18 Premiers to Half the Audience of The Ultimate Fighter 17

If the downtrend continues they wont keep the show going. Not many shows have 17 seasons so either way it will go down as a great run and brilliant move by Zuffa.
9/5/13 8:14 PM
dfw jr
1487 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

really? easy to beat baseball? lol

9/5/13 8:16 PM
Pancake Syrup Ali

dfw jr - 

really? easy to beat baseball? lol

Yes. Typically when a game is over by the 5th inning you change the channel and find something else to watch 

9/5/13 8:16 PM
MMA Playwright
494 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana,

Did you ever figure out exactly who MMALOGIC is? Not asking you to reveal who it is, just if you know.
9/5/13 8:17 PM
dfw jr

There will be 10 more seasons of TUF while we have the FOX deal.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.