UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC pulls horrible ratings last night

9/5/13 8:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dfw jr
1487 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no, i have no clue who he is. 

9/5/13 8:20 PM
slamming
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dfw jr - 

Distatorous? MMALogic is pretty good but he's way off on this one. We were #1 on all of cable with M18-34 and M18-49. We also beat out the US Open and the Detroit vs. Red Sox MLB game. This is all part of the building process. We've made a commitment to work with FOX to build this network. If you look at all the other networks we've ever been on, we consistently pull strong ratings.

The first time we put our prelims on FX, we pulled 880K viewers and it grew, depending on the fight, up to 1.9 million viewers for UFC 156. Also, the TUF season with Carwin and Big Country averged 822K viewers, then Jones vs. Sonnen averaged 1.3 million viewers.

We currently hold the top 4 most watched telecasts on FS1 since the network launched. To be honest, our Prelim and Fight Night numbers weren't bad considering we started on the west coast at 2pm in the afternoon on a Wednesday. The most important thing is last nights fights were awesome and this season of TUF is great.

Yes, we didn't pull 1 million+ but we will. But, we also fucked up last night by not starting the main event later so that we could get a live lead into TUF. The bottom line is FOX couldn't be happier with the UFC and the ratings we're pulling and we couldn't be happier with the way we have been treated by the network.

Yes fuckers my secretary typed this not me. :)  

lol at the last line.
9/5/13 8:23 PM
BRZ

Dana was Ronda mad at you on the first show? She didn't talk much. Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 8:27 PM
Chris27

Dana you cant deny its got to piss you off alittle bit knowing that with this season of TUF, Ronda, female/male cast, good talent in both divs, Ronda/Tate rivalry that if you guys were on FX you'd be doing double the ratings you are now.

I dont expect an honest answer cause you arent gonna want to put down your Fox partners but I have to image deep down you wish you could have gotten one more season of TUF on FX cause it probably would have done really well. 

9/5/13 8:28 PM
MieshaTatesSideBoob
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too many cards, not enough stars. Especially at HW and LHW.

I watch all Free UFC's and probably half of the PPV's and I always will. It's been said before but the prices have gone up and the quality of the cards isn't always there.

For me, a card worth buying has to have 3 great fights (on paper) on the main card or one Huge Fight that I can't miss with some other decent ones. Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 8:31 PM
FFarmer
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love the fact that there is someone in the UFC in charge of lurking the UG
9/5/13 8:32 PM
MMA Playwright
493 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FFarmer - I love the fact that there is someone in the UFC in charge of lurking the UG

I'd like to become a paid shill for Zuffa but I can't seem to get it done. :(
9/5/13 8:33 PM
Andersons'sPiece

Crow...... Yum. Phone Post 3.0
cool hand Ed
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I loved the card, it was great! But my 'casual' friends either didn't know it was on or don't get FS1. Plus, for the main card to start at 3pm on the west coast....you cant criticize the ratings too much.
BrattMamley
848 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Keep doing your thing Dana. Thanks for the free fights. Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 8:38 PM
thatdude21601
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You forgot to start TUF with Face the Pain.
9/5/13 8:38 PM
PrestigeWorldwide
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dfw jr -

Distatorous? MMALogic is pretty good but he's way off on this one. We were #1 on all of cable with M18-34 and M18-49. We also beat out the US Open and the Detroit vs. Red Sox MLB game. This is all part of the building process. We've made a commitment to work with FOX to build this network. If you look at all the other networks we've ever been on, we consistently pull strong ratings.

The first time we put our prelims on FX, we pulled 880K viewers and it grew, depending on the fight, up to 1.9 million viewers for UFC 156. Also, the TUF season with Carwin and Big Country averged 822K viewers, then Jones vs. Sonnen averaged 1.3 million viewers.

We currently hold the top 4 most watched telecasts on FS1 since the network launched. To be honest, our Prelim and Fight Night numbers weren't bad considering we started on the west coast at 2pm in the afternoon on a Wednesday. The most important thing is last nights fights were awesome and this season of TUF is great.

Yes, we didn't pull 1 million+ but we will. But, we also fucked up last night by not starting the main event later so that we could get a live lead into TUF. The bottom line is FOX couldn't be happier with the UFC and the ratings we're pulling and we couldn't be happier with the way we have been treated by the network.

FRAT Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 8:39 PM
The BigBadWolf ticket

I'm really starting to feel like less is more when it comes to mms these days. I use to be some pumped and watch all the the fights from the facebook prelims onward. I still do however I find myself hardly paying attention anymore, unless I am a fan of a particular fighter I often don't have interest til the main card, or sometimes not up until the co-main event Phone Post
9/5/13 8:49 PM
lookoutawhale
792 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/05/13 9:09 PM

Good to see Dana come on here and tell this mmalogic dude whats up. Like Dana said the UFC are looking to build on this with FS1. They will grow with the channel and hopefully more people will tune in for future events. They just got started so its not fair to conclude much off it. They dont see it as a one shot deal. MMAlogic has too much of a chicken little perspective on things. If things dont pickup in a short time span he seems them caving in or this inability for UFC to sell ppv's all of a sudden. Growth takes some time.

Or his views on bellator that if things dont shape up in the next couple months they should pack their bags and call it a night which hes been saying for a couple years and bellator is still kicking and trying to grow. They just got on spike. Give them time to becomes established with the public.

9/5/13 8:50 PM
WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good!

9/5/13 8:51 PM
rbl
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Half the target demographic are probably downloading it. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing for the UFC. Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 8:51 PM
WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is why that loser Dana White is on the forums calling fans names. The empire is crumbling...

9/5/13 8:53 PM
Rantuckjr

OblongBox - 
Ch1ef -  I've never met anyone with a Nielsen box. Ever. Phone Post

You don't need a box. A lot of times they just send you forms to fill out and you write down what you watched.

Besides those being shown to not be accurate, how many people do you know who have been asked to do the forms either (and those are usually only during sweeps).
9/5/13 8:54 PM
Internettufguy

liquidrob - Bellators last fight card was Bellator 97 on Wednesday night and it did 676,000
But not against the most watched cable tv show of all time, Duck Dynasty. Apples and oranges man. Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 8:55 PM
B_Goetz

Loving the frantic damage control, especially after Dana was gloating about Fight Master's numbers.
9/5/13 9:02 PM
Bam57Bam
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

500k is not bad for that card.

Hell, I was thinking it might do bellator type numbers.

Wed night with no casual fan fighters. I think the UFC and fox are fine with those ratings. Phone Post
9/5/13 9:02 PM
Rantuckjr

PrestigeWorldwide - 

I am a big fan and try to do my part to add viewership, but even I struggled to tune in last night. That's a lot of fights in that short of a time frame. 

Unless you report to Nielsen you aren't doing anything to add viewership. You can turn on every tv on your block to UFC and it doesn't do anything if your not reporting to Nielsen.

There are still a lot of people that see ratings and think that if your tv is turned to a channel then you count in the ratings. What you watch does not matter if your not reporting.
9/5/13 9:04 PM
Internettufguy

Bellator Fan - Fightmaster Season 1 averaged over 600K and had to battle the Stanley Cup Finals. There was no real counter programming that UFC had to face last night. Phone Post 3.0
You think more people watch the Stanley Cup Finals than Duck Dynasty?! I wouldn't be surprised if the Duck Dynasty rerun lead-in to the new episode pulled better numbers than the Stanley Cup games that Bellator went up against.
You are just a non-objective douche, who has to clean bull shit off your lower lip every time you open your mouth. Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 9:04 PM
Rantuckjr

dfw jr - 

Why didn't MMALogic just post it on her own account?
9/5/13 9:05 PM
time traveling 12er
204 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rambo John J - 
Bellator Fan - ZUFFA's problem is that FS1 completely sucks balls Phone Post 3.0

I agree so many CHael huggers on this site, I do not think the casual TV audience cares for him.

The format is rather weak.  Too much time inbetween fights, No walkouts on TV, So many Ads it makes my head spin.

Really? Last night when they put him on the panel with the rest of the guys everyone else seemed less awkward. FS1 definitely needs a lot of work though, just about everything feels awkward and forced. Andy Roddick looks scared 90% of the time he's on screen.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.