UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC pulls horrible ratings last night

9/5/13 9:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pessimist_Pete
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wait until football season starts this weekend. These numbers will skyrocket Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 9:20 PM
Genital Hogwarts

that fucking channel needs some content.
nfl network took years to get decent ratings.
9/5/13 9:26 PM
PrestigeWorldwide
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rantuckjr - 
PrestigeWorldwide - 

I am a big fan and try to do my part to add viewership, but even I struggled to tune in last night. That's a lot of fights in that short of a time frame. 

Unless you report to Nielsen you aren't doing anything to add viewership. You can turn on every tv on your block to UFC and it doesn't do anything if your not reporting to Nielsen.

There are still a lot of people that see ratings and think that if your tv is turned to a channel then you count in the ratings. What you watch does not matter if your not reporting.

Well fuck me then

9/5/13 9:27 PM
countsavage

Who cares about the ratings the main card had great fights!! Lots of holy shit moments. Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 9:31 PM
Haulport

MMALOGIC - 

270k viewers for prelims, 539k viewers for fight night and 762k viewers for tuf debut.

These numbers are a disasterous.

I have smashed you for your many trolls but I have to give you credit for posting this.
9/5/13 9:35 PM
wrestling4life
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I blame it on Brazilians the common fan don't know Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 9:36 PM
Immaculata
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
I'm sorry, but anyone that missed any one of those 3 shows missed out BIG time. I had an awesome week! The talent level is getting unreal!
9/5/13 9:41 PM
B_Goetz

Bellator Fan - 
athsportsnutrition -

UFC is building the channel. It takes some time for guys to get used to the schedule. 

UFC can't save FS1 Phone Post 3.0

This.

The UFC has stalled out the growth of their entire organization with this FOX deal. They moved Fight Night and TUF to Siberia.

Honestly Dana's spin is a joke. Hey, when I wrestle my dog in my living room I get 100% of the available audience. Look at me, I'm a media tycoon!

Zuffa obviously wasn't happy with their content being on Fuel and FX, and while they'd never admit it, they're not happy with this either.
9/5/13 9:44 PM
B_Goetz

Haulport - 
MMALOGIC - 

270k viewers for prelims, 539k viewers for fight night and 762k viewers for tuf debut.

I have smashed you for your many trolls but I have to give you credit for posting this.

Any politician or PR person knows if you can't stop negative information from being released, you release it on your own terms.
9/5/13 9:48 PM
Haulport

B_Goetz - 
Haulport - 
MMALOGIC - 

Any politician or PR person knows if you can't stop negative information from being released, you release it on your own terms.

Nah, the standard nowadays has become deny, deny, deny. Period.

Every jerk-off I see on TV will tell you it's sunny when it's raining now. That is just much more effective. Blugeon people with lies and many will begin to believe them no matter how obvious the truth it...
9/5/13 9:49 PM
Vader03
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why does everyone try to pull the sky is falling crap on the ufc all the time. Things are gonna be fine Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 9:52 PM
Haulport

I would like to mention that this is the sour fruit that I foresaw Zuffa reaping. They have made their product so boring and bland that people have just lost interest. They are losing money while they have the most PR they have ever ever seen.

It is all bald, sweaty, bloated Dana talking shit and a stale, fatigued product. That is not a solid, ever-green product and that's why they have lost 33% of their PPV revs since 2010.

Lorenzo and Frank just DON'T GET IT. They don't listen and are incapable of change. They can't play with the big boys...

I didn't mention Dana because he is just Frank and Lorenzo's sock puppet.
9/5/13 9:53 PM
Haulport

Vader03 - Why does everyone try to pull the sky is falling crap on the ufc all the time. Things are gonna be fine Phone Post 3.0

Spoken like a true, uninformed lemming..........
9/5/13 9:54 PM
Chris27

Haulport - I would like to mention that this is the sour fruit that I foresaw Zuffa reaping. They have made their product so boring and bland that people have just lost interest. They are losing money while they have the most PR they have ever ever seen.

It is all bald, sweaty, bloated Dana talking shit and a stale, fatigued product. That is not a solid, ever-green product and that's why they have lost 33% of their PPV revs since 2010.

Lorenzo and Frank just DON'T GET IT. They don't listen and are incapable of change. They can't play with the big boys...

I didn't mention Dana because he is just Frank and Lorenzo's sock puppet.

Oh no, Haulport said they are losing money so it must be true.

They are doomed. 

9/5/13 9:54 PM
JimmersonzGlove
574 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bummer. Both shows were solid. Phone Post
9/5/13 9:57 PM
Tubarao

enjoyed the fights, didn't watch tuf Phone Post
9/5/13 9:57 PM
Kick Boxe
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

B_Goetz - 
Bellator Fan - 
athsportsnutrition -

UFC is building the channel. It takes some time for guys to get used to the schedule. 

UFC can't save FS1 Phone Post 3.0

This.

The UFC has stalled out the growth of their entire organization with this FOX deal. They moved Fight Night and TUF to Siberia.

Honestly Dana's spin is a joke. Hey, when I wrestle my dog in my living room I get 100% of the available audience. Look at me, I'm a media tycoon!

Zuffa obviously wasn't happy with their content being on Fuel and FX, and while they'd never admit it, they're not happy with this either.

Interesting take.

What I can't believe is they put Andy Roddick on a talk show, most annoying person alive

9/5/13 9:58 PM
showtime SNAPPED my toothpick
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone think mma logic is on suicide watch or fired cuz the boss told him off Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 10:00 PM
epwar
539 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Colboyo - Danas video blog gets more viewers than tuf.

LOL

9/5/13 10:04 PM
RCP

RileyPust -

I don't get Spike in my current cable package, and I'm not paying anything extra just for Bellator. Similarily, I'm not paying extra to get Sportsnet360 just for the UFC. There is literally nothing else on either of those channels that I'm going to watch.

Same here Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 10:15 PM
JOESONDO
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RileyPust -

I don't get Spike in my current cable package, and I'm not paying anything extra just for Bellator. Similarily, I'm not paying extra to get Sportsnet360 just for the UFC. There is literally nothing else on either of those channels that I'm going to watch.

Same here. I get Spike but not Sportsnet 360. When the UFC was on Sportsnet 1 I could get it for an additional 2.50 a month. Now I have to buy a couple of tiers just to get Sportsnet360. That will literally double my cable bill. Screw that. Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 10:19 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Seriously though, prelims started at 1:30 pm here. That's not a bad number considering 80% of people were at work, here. Phone Post
9/5/13 10:20 PM
Tiresias
369 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vader03 - Why does everyone try to pull the sky is falling crap on the ufc all the time. Things are gonna be fine Phone Post 3.0

Exactly.  The way I see it, crap is flying up out of the UFC, and into the sky.  Where it belongs imo.

9/5/13 10:38 PM
dfw jr
1721 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -

Ofcourse fox is happy... the UFC is carrying the network and Zuffa is being paid peanuts for it.  If a girl was paying you to suck your dick you'd be happy too. 

700m over 7 years is nothing... look at the amount of content Zuffa has to produce.  if you take away 3 ppv events a year, the roughly 50m a year spike and versus was already paying Zuffa and all the extra content zuffa has to produce for fox it's a wash.

Yeah, the potential with fs1 and fox can be huge but if the numbers dont go back to what they were the sport can become flacid in the states.

Stop taking it in the ass Francis and get Fox to replay tuf on big Fox at 11pm so you can stop the bleeding.

LMFAO, you are someone in the industry for sure. Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 10:38 PM
dfw jr
1721 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TV industry I mean Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.