UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Alexander Shlemenko frustrated with Bellator

9/6/13 3:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Augustus Caesar
915 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/06/13 3:44 PM

Due to a lack of fights with Bellator (3 in the last two years), and the fact that Bellator hasn't allowed him to fight elsewhere, Alexander is frustrated with how things have been playing out. 

"It was a very, very difficult time for me," Shlemenko told MMAFighting.com through a translator. "It was extremely hard for me not to fight as often as I can. It was very disappointing for me. It was not my fault that I didn't fight for so long, so I hope in the future this will change and I will be able to fight more often and Bellator will provide me with such opportunities."

"I had to wait for the next tournament winner," Shlemenko said. "All this time I was sitting without a fight. It was [hard] for me. When I couldn't fight in Bellator, my manager, Alexei Zhernakov, he could arrange fights for me in Russia or some other country. But since I was a title contender, Bellator didn't allow me to do that.

"Of course I tried to do stuff to feed myself and my family. I did some seminars, I did some train work. However I can say that the situation was very difficult for me and I didn't like it at all. I really hope that Bellator will do everything to improve the situation so that it will never occur again."

"I represent Bellator now. I can say that I am one of the top faces of Bellator. And I, for myself, would like to fight as often as possible," Shlemenko said. "Fighting in the (November 2nd) pay-per-view, of course it would be great, because it would the first. A historical event, the first pay-per-view by Bellator, and a lot of exciting fights are going to there.

"I see myself as one of the most exciting fighters that Bellator has."

Source: http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/6/4701902/alexander-shlemenko-frustrated-with-lack-of-opportunities-to-fight-in

9/6/13 3:40 PM
Broady
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seems like forever since his last fight. Phone Post
9/6/13 3:43 PM
AllAmericanBoxing
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let Schlemenko bang bro!! Phone Post
9/6/13 3:49 PM
Nexuscrawlers
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

they used to let him fight elsewhere, but i guess dantas ruined that for everyone.

it really sucks for guys like shlemenko who used to fight 4 times a year.

9/6/13 3:49 PM
JimmersonzGlove
474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is one of their most exciting fighters, and my fav fighter on their roster.

Most def...LET HIM BANG BRO

9/6/13 3:50 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He had 3 fights outside the org when he came back from that injury I think.  But that was before he won the title, now that he is champ they aint letting him fight anyone outside the org. 

and having to wait for tournament champs sucks, that format doesnt work. 

9/6/13 3:51 PM
eXtv

That's the issue with the title shots only being earned by winning tournaments format. Personally, I'm glad Bellator is moving away from it.
9/6/13 3:53 PM
epwar
646 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In response to Shlemenko's complaints, Bjorn Rebney awarded King Mo his title.

9/6/13 3:55 PM
HitchieG
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let him I AM BEAT YOU!! Phone Post 3.0
9/6/13 3:55 PM
Kenso
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let him bang! Phone Post 3.0
9/6/13 3:56 PM
Kenso
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His body is ready! Phone Post 3.0
9/6/13 4:28 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is despicable imo. How can you try to claim to be the top MMA promotion and have a fully healthy champion barely scraping by financially? Phone Post
9/6/13 4:39 PM
Mertvaya Ruka

SHAME ON BELLATOR.

What the FUCKKKKKK?

This guy had to eat black bread cos of fucking assholes at Bellator who can't give fights to their.... FIGHTERS.

This man has suffered immensely because of Bellator, that's fucking inaceptable and repulsive.

Yeah, tell the fighters "but but you signed the contract!", hide behind the fine print in a contract.

Tito talked about Slavery working for the UFC, they never in a million years fucked with him like that.
9/6/13 4:49 PM
SweetJones

epwar - 

In response to Shlemenko's complaints, Bjorn Rebney awarded King Mo his title.

Haha he is probably planning on it..

9/6/13 4:54 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He will be busy now with the Marshall injury

Fights Cooper tomorrow, Doug Marshall once comes back amd the MW tournament starts tomorrow, he pretty much has 3 fights lined up now
9/6/13 6:41 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt
9/6/13 6:53 PM
J_Swift

Rambo John J -

UFC is fucking guys daily.  Apparently Bellator too.

Dana and Bjorn get your shit in order bitches.

Both Orgs need to step up and make these employees comfortable.

I am putting you fools on notice.

They're not employees. Phone Post 3.0
9/6/13 6:55 PM
Phil999

He's pissed because his guy looked so bad against Askren.
9/6/13 6:55 PM
J_Swift

Is it just me or does it seem like the Bellator champs are the ones who have the most gripes about the organization? Or is it that their statements are made more public that others due to their champion status? Phone Post 3.0
9/6/13 6:57 PM
MMALOGIC

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  This is despicable imo. How can you try to claim to be the top MMA promotion and have a fully healthy champion barely scraping by financially? Phone Post

Kole Konrad realized selling milk was better than being bellator champ.

9/7/13 12:34 AM
Chromium
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator should pay a monthly stipend to their Champions and top fighters if they're going to pull this shit.

9/7/13 12:42 AM
Vulva Fabulous
723 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  This is despicable imo. How can you try to claim to be the top MMA promotion and have a fully healthy champion barely scraping by financially? Phone Post

Are you sure? I heard they rehired him at his old job at Firestone. Phone Post
9/7/13 12:53 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vulva Fabulous -
MMALOGIC -

He retired!? Phone Post
9/7/13 1:01 AM
bellatroll
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nexuscrawlers -

they used to let him fight elsewhere, but i guess dantas ruined that for everyone.

it really sucks for guys like shlemenko who used to fight 4 times a year.

Let him bang Bjorn!!!!!!! Phone Post
9/7/13 3:52 AM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 09/07/13 3:53 AM
Vulva Fabulous - 
MMALOGIC -

They tried but Kole Konrad sidestepped.

Firestone? i dont know... i thought he was selling milk.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.