UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Struve Disagrees With Dana's Prognosis

9/7/13 2:38 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rabid Bunyip
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stefan Struve @StefanStruve 6 Sep

I DON'T consider retirement as an option, it's possible 2 come back from this & I'm gonna go for that & make it work! Just so you know ;)

I hope he's right!

9/7/13 2:38 AM
Rabid Bunyip
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/07/13 2:38 AM

Double.

9/7/13 2:40 AM
Hocky Balboa
7390 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good for him.

Hope he can make a comeback.

If not, hope he has a healthy life.

9/7/13 2:43 AM
Rabid Bunyip

Edited: 09/07/13 2:43 AM

Stefan Struve @StefanStruve 16h

"25 days till the next hospital visit and the final answer from the docters in Holland, I really can't wait"

9/7/13 3:44 AM
Tat2tillidie
357 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just hope he makes the right decision ... Phone Post 3.0
9/7/13 3:47 AM
Diazed And Confused
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana was just being logical, and a realist about it all.

If Struve comes back, Dana will be happier than any fan, he legit likes the kid. Phone Post 3.0
9/7/13 4:03 AM
KZTT_W85
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diazed And Confused - Dana was just being logical, and a realist about it all.

If Struve comes back, Dana will be happier than any fan, he legit likes the kid. Phone Post 3.0
Agree Phone Post 3.0
9/7/13 9:13 AM
Rabid Bunyip

Not sure that Dana needed to be white knighted here...

More about Stefan's resolve and the fans that are behind him. Phone Post 3.0
9/7/13 9:25 AM
Allen Hood
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope Struve is right !! Phone Post 3.0
9/7/13 9:31 AM
CindyO

Struve is tough as nails and I hope he can be fixed and continue with his fight career. War Struve!

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
9/7/13 9:50 AM
kevsh
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana does love to play God with his fighters sometimes. Why come out and say Struve's career is probably over when he's still undergoing tests?

I'd rather Dana just say that it looks bad but "you never know with this kid's desire" and so on. In any case here's hoping he gets good news from the doctor(s).
9/7/13 10:00 AM
Anderson P Sonnen
680 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd love to see him come back if able. The dude is only 25 years old!! He was on quite a run before getting kod by Mark Hunt. His striking against Stipe was just incredible and might I add, his only losses in the UFC came by way of KO from JDS, Roy Nelson, Travis Browne, and Mark Hunt.

You can't really see how that's that terrible, considering who the opponents who kod him were. The bad side of some of his fights, is he took a lot of beatings to give them. Some where he was almost finished and cameback with a from behind victory.

Beside maintaining his condition, I just hope for his sake that he comes back healthy physically and mentally because too many beatings like that so young, can't be good for fighting years. Phone Post
9/7/13 10:17 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Enlarged heart isn't going to go away even if they are able to fix his leaking valve.
9/7/13 10:22 AM
TryhardNobody
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definition
By Mayo Clinic staff

Enlarged heart (cardiomegaly) isn't a disease, but rather a symptom of another condition.

The term "cardiomegaly" most commonly refers to an enlarged heart seen on chest X-ray before other tests are performed to diagnose the specific condition causing your cardiomegaly. You may develop an enlarged heart temporarily because of a stress on your body, such as pregnancy, or because of a medical condition, such as the weakening of the heart muscle, coronary artery disease, heart valve problems or abnormal heart rhythms.

While having an enlarged heart may not always be preventable, it's usually treatable. Treatment for enlarged heart is aimed at correcting the underlying cause. Treatment for an enlarged heart can include medications, medical procedures or surgery.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/enlarged-heart/DS01129
9/7/13 10:39 AM
SC MMA MD
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NorthFromHere - Enlarged heart isn't going to go away even if they are able to fix his leaking valve.
This is not necessarily true. Ventricular enlargement secondary to aortic insufficiency can and often does resolve once the insufficiency is addressed. It is possible to have an aortic valve replaced surgically with a bio-prosthetic valve, or do a procedure called a Ross where they move the pulmonary valve into the aortic position and place a valved conduit between the right ventricle and pulmonary artery. After recovering from the procedure, you do not need to be on anticoagulation, so if there is a good surgical result there would not necessarily be an absolute contraindication to fighting again in theory. They commonly do those operations in kids with aortic valve disorders, and many of those kids are playing contact sports. There are pros and cons to those two procedures and valve replacement with a plastic valve that Stephan will discuss with his physicians and then do what he feels is best for him- if he even needs an operation at all Phone Post 3.0
9/7/13 11:09 AM
kid chaos
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope he overcomes the odds. These are the type of guys the UFC needs Phone Post 3.0
9/7/13 11:33 AM
DragonDidn'tDrinkEnoughPee
707 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope he is able to recover. he reminds me of joe lauzon, I have to watch whenever he fights, you know its going to be a war and hes gonna leave it all in there.

War skyscraper Phone Post
9/7/13 11:42 AM
Augustus Caesar
915 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man, I really hope he comes back. 

9/7/13 11:49 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SC MMA MD - 
NorthFromHere - Enlarged heart isn't going to go away even if they are able to fix his leaking valve.
This is not necessarily true. Ventricular enlargement secondary to aortic insufficiency can and often does resolve once the insufficiency is addressed. It is possible to have an aortic valve replaced surgically with a bio-prosthetic valve, or do a procedure called a Ross where they move the pulmonary valve into the aortic position and place a valved conduit between the right ventricle and pulmonary artery. After recovering from the procedure, you do not need to be on anticoagulation, so if there is a good surgical result there would not necessarily be an absolute contraindication to fighting again in theory. They commonly do those operations in kids with aortic valve disorders, and many of those kids are playing contact sports. There are pros and cons to those two procedures and valve replacement with a plastic valve that Stephan will discuss with his physicians and then do what he feels is best for him- if he even needs an operation at all Phone Post 3.0

Thank you for detailed info.
Pro MMA fighters bodies are constantly under huge amounts of stress which probably complicates things a bit.
9/7/13 2:10 PM
southpaw86
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He seems like a great personality which reflects his journey, I think the UFC makes sure he stays a part of the sport and is still successful no matter the answer on retirement. Phone Post 3.0
9/7/13 8:24 PM
Rabid Bunyip

He def had an enlarged heart in the cage Phone Post 3.0
9/7/13 8:51 PM
CindyO

Rabid Bunyip - He def had an enlarged heart in the cage Phone Post 3.0

VTFU!!! Wish I had thought to post that!

Cindy

9/7/13 9:09 PM
elbigsam
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SC MMA MD -
What are your thoughts on plavix? Ive got 2 stents in my circumflex from a heart attack 2 years ago. Been on plavix and asprin regimen.

Id love to get off the plavix someday, it makes training difficult and kills the possibility of competing in a fight.

Im 33 now, feel like im young enough that i could take a couple fights if i was off some of the medication. Phone Post
9/7/13 9:16 PM
chabone

Rabid Bunyip - He def had an enlarged heart in the cage Phone Post 3.0

*applause.gif
9/7/13 9:17 PM
BRZ

Always liked the Skyscraper! Wish him well in whatever he does. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.