UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dan The Wolfman Appreciation Thread.

9/7/13 6:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tat2tillidie
356 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Signed ... Wolf man is a good dude Phone Post 3.0
9/7/13 6:52 PM
Shoulda done a background check on Chael
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3 times as much mma knowledge/experience as Hammers Hammil.

2 times as much Dan has predicted outcome or significant moves that happened in a fight he previous talked about

gets 1/4th the recognition as regular shot in the dark prediction givers

9/7/13 7:43 PM
staygreenponyboy
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hespect for the Wolfman.
9/8/13 6:16 PM
duckhuntgangsta
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CRE - One of the best posters on here.

Lots of intentional and unintentional humor comes from Wolfman, as well as lots of fight game insight.

Say what you what about the guy, he was one of the early pioneer type of fighters on the front line ;D
Holy shit I agree with CRE!!

Thanks for posting friend Phone Post 3.0
9/8/13 6:20 PM
duckhuntgangsta

DanTheWolfman - Hey Guys, Thank you, thank you, thank you very much. I do what I can to get good interviews to you and instructionals to help all. Just posted a Cub Swanson interview and vids on how to do his tricky kick setups, though I am not sure he really liked someone noticing and breaking down his tricks lol.

I did very long radio interviews for TapOut/Steph/Crooklyn as well as Carson's Corner where I went in a lot to my crazy life.

Playwright, while it is true my father was a big wig, I have lived on my own since 17, in my car in high school parking lot last two weeks of Junior yr to finish up that year etc. etc. I've eaten peoples chunks of leftover steak a few times in my life to get protein while training just like in Million Dollar Baby no joke. Worked as a waiter my senior year high school, paying rent sharing apt. with older friend. I'd have to get up early drive him to work, go to school half day, get out at lunch in order to go to college early, wait tables at night to 230 am just do it all over again in a few hours. They threatened me if I fell asleep in English again I wouldn't graduate but I got straight A's/B's and already in college so what could they do. Silver Spoon fed I am not. I'm a stubborn Greek with Lupus that fights everyday of my life to do what I do, and as my father would say, always picks the hard way. I prob. could have picked a much easier life, but then you all would miss out on my stories and name dropping :)

I live poor as fuck and just try to afford my medications ,supplements, rent and food is a struggle, just renting a dirty room in a condo, and getting by living life my way. I bust my ass to still try to do the things I do, fuck pain, fatigue, muscle spasms, tingles, dry eyes, lazy eye, feeling ill, & a billion other things I deal with on a day to day basis. So if I feel happy putting/spamming out some vids that people enjoy or help them learn or better their martial arts skills than I feel like I have won the battle that day and accomplished something. The more I put in the can before I kick it whenever that may be the better. If some of you appreciate it that means a lot to me. Will likely announce some news in a couple months and hope some of you will come vacation and train with me. Cheers,
Thanks Dan. I had no idea about your daily struggles. I appreciate you sharing.

You're a good man. Phone Post 3.0
9/8/13 7:20 PM
Tat2tillidie
356 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

duckhuntgangsta -
DanTheWolfman - Hey Guys, Thank you, thank you, thank you very much. I do what I can to get good interviews to you and instructionals to help all. Just posted a Cub Swanson interview and vids on how to do his tricky kick setups, though I am not sure he really liked someone noticing and breaking down his tricks lol.

I did very long radio interviews for TapOut/Steph/Crooklyn as well as Carson's Corner where I went in a lot to my crazy life.

Playwright, while it is true my father was a big wig, I have lived on my own since 17, in my car in high school parking lot last two weeks of Junior yr to finish up that year etc. etc. I've eaten peoples chunks of leftover steak a few times in my life to get protein while training just like in Million Dollar Baby no joke. Worked as a waiter my senior year high school, paying rent sharing apt. with older friend. I'd have to get up early drive him to work, go to school half day, get out at lunch in order to go to college early, wait tables at night to 230 am just do it all over again in a few hours. They threatened me if I fell asleep in English again I wouldn't graduate but I got straight A's/B's and already in college so what could they do. Silver Spoon fed I am not. I'm a stubborn Greek with Lupus that fights everyday of my life to do what I do, and as my father would say, always picks the hard way. I prob. could have picked a much easier life, but then you all would miss out on my stories and name dropping :)

I live poor as fuck and just try to afford my medications ,supplements, rent and food is a struggle, just renting a dirty room in a condo, and getting by living life my way. I bust my ass to still try to do the things I do, fuck pain, fatigue, muscle spasms, tingles, dry eyes, lazy eye, feeling ill, & a billion other things I deal with on a day to day basis. So if I feel happy putting/spamming out some vids that people enjoy or help them learn or better their martial arts skills than I feel like I have won the battle that day and accomplished something. The more I put in the can before I kick it whenever that may be the better. If some of you appreciate it that means a lot to me. Will likely announce some news in a couple months and hope some of you will come vacation and train with me. Cheers,
Thanks Dan. I had no idea about your daily struggles. I appreciate you sharing.

You're a good man. Phone Post 3.0
This ... Everyone thinks they know someone and what they go through but in essence they don't ... Kudos for doing what you do DTW ... Phone Post 3.0
9/8/13 7:33 PM
mata_leao
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Respect! Phone Post 3.0
9/8/13 7:33 PM
likatiga
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big wolfman fan here. Good thread Phone Post 3.0
9/8/13 7:47 PM
Son of Neckbone
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd post the pic of my Wolfman tat, but I'm sure I'd get flamed like no other. Don't hate, I was young and easily impressed.
9/8/13 11:10 PM
Ben Saunders
321 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Always been a fan! :) Phone Post
9/9/13 4:06 AM
RUSRedDevil
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol always down to watch wolf man technique it's either genius or hilarious Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 10:03 AM
KidJustice
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I met Dan in 2000 when we were both trying out for WWE TuffEnough in NYC. We became friends and have remained in contact through the years. Dan is a character, but that is what makes him cool in my book. I have gotten some great training material from him over the years. He is a lifelong martial artist and his journey would make an awesome story. The funniest shit is when I'm sitting down and watching the Disney channel with my 3 1/2 yr old daughter and Dan is dancing on "Shake it Up" or acting on some random show.

He is a friend and I always want to see him come out on top. Many people have written me and slammed me for always supporting him (they always have some reason for disliking him). He has his style and has made his mistakes, but overall I'm glad he is a part of this board.

9/9/13 11:43 AM
Theflesh22
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wolfman gon' make my room dusty. Ttt Phone Post
9/9/13 11:47 AM
ferox13
517 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/09/13 11:47 AM
MMA Playwright - TTT for the Wolfman.

I believe, if memory serves, that he is a rich kid. Son of some big automobile industry exec. Maybe he can come on and talk about it a bit.

Anyway, hespect for the Wolfman.

I think you might be thinking of Batman not the Wolfman...

Anyway TTT for Dan.
9/9/13 5:15 PM
DanTheWolfman

Edited: 09/09/13 5:18 PM
I wanted to be Batman to be fair. The ending of the last film sets up a Night Wing movie doesn't it?

Thank you all for the kind words and support. I don't mess with anyone, and when I share stories I just talk about what so and so does really well etc. as something to look up to.

Ben & Kid I really appreciate your comments and support over the years, even when it has been unpopular to do so because of bandwagon hopping when a Hater pops up. DuckHunt, thank you for starting this thread, it came at a time that I needed it!

I had a hard week last week but should be back to stretching people tonight.

I've got something in the works as far as teaching that might pan out in the next couple of months.

If there is any MMA companies, media outlets, etc. that would like to tap into my knowledge & or interview/hosting/commentating skills contact me ASAP at DanTheWolfman@hotmail.com I was indeed hoping doing the over 100 interviews I have done the past couple of years would pan into something paid and real but so far it has not. I truly love going to shows and doing it, & it seems fighters appreciate talking to someone that can actually talk their talk. If there was someone willing to give me a little chedder to do so and pay for travel to UFC & other shows I would love it. However, if no one steps up a lot of that will likely be stopping as the Wolfman World Tour commences.
9/9/13 5:20 PM
TSGIGOR
711 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for Dan!

9/9/13 5:40 PM
Kostakio
387 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ben Saunders - Always been a fan! :) Phone Post
Damn. That's street cred. right there. I wish Ben Fucking Saunders vouched for me like that. Respect. Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 5:46 PM
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Signed. Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 5:52 PM
PeteyWheatstraw
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dan is cool.
9/10/13 4:00 PM
DanTheWolfman

Thanks everyone for a nice thread
9/10/13 4:08 PM
HaoleBoy
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vtfu for OP and Dan

like myself, Dan has been a fan of this sport since way back in the dark ages - a lifelong fan

the guy has tried to make a name for himself and it has been tough

for me its hard to hate on a guy like that
9/11/13 6:51 AM
DanTheWolfman

Edited: 09/11/13 6:53 AM

This is about 1/10th of what I have, took a TON of time to do just this but this thread inspired me to finally try to give back a bit with my epic old pics. I have about 30 more but never made a "Story" on photobucket before and it isn't letting me add anymore right now....not sure if site glitch or reached maximum number of pics in a story? Anyone know?
9/11/13 7:01 AM
DanTheWolfman

My Technical Analyst Questions at press conferences. Man I would love to actually get work to do interviews and/or offer technical analyst! Thanks for support everyone.
9/11/13 7:31 AM
Firecrap
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's for sharing part of your story and those amazing pictures Dan. Wish you the best in the future.................................................................................................................................F'kn name dropper! ;)
9/11/13 9:20 AM
DanTheWolfman

LMFAO! This internet thing was born, shouldn't we all be name dropping and telling stories in a polite respectful way? So much easier than wondering what that Pele' guy was like reading about him in Fighting Sports Newsletter,Full Contact Fighter, or even my own NHB newsletter I put a few issues out of and sent to SEG w up and comers etc.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.