UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dan The Wolfman Appreciation Thread.

9/11/13 10:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PeteyWheatstraw
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember a thread where Dan described in detail the condition of his bowel movements in regards to a health issue/worry. I remember thinking "This guy is real and this guy puts it out there." and I was legitimately concerned.

Hopefully he is doing well and his turds are back to a normal consistency.
9/11/13 11:04 AM
duckhuntgangsta
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanTheWolfman - My Technical Analyst Questions at press conferences. Man I would love to actually get work to do interviews and/or offer technical analyst! Thanks for support everyone.
Awesome. I was at the LA event. Great questions for Vera. Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 11:24 AM
TommyRSU
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's fucking awesome, straight up. His awesome videos aside, he trains hard and he has Lupus. What a fucking badass. Love the dude. No homo. Phone Post
9/11/13 4:21 PM
bhealthy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dont know what he charges, but I will look him up If i ever go to 'merica to trane.
9/11/13 5:34 PM
DanTheWolfman

Thanks Tommy, Bhealthy, & Duckhunt! & Petey my turds are fine now lol
9/11/13 8:17 PM
DanTheWolfman

Here are some more old school pics for you guys, let me know if you can see it alright, trying to get used to making these Photobucket stories and sharing it on here like it is a video this time
9/12/13 6:03 PM
DanTheWolfman

here
9/12/13 6:04 PM
DanTheWolfman

hope u guys like
9/12/13 7:17 PM
The Lysine Contingency

Do you have Asperger's? Phone Post
9/12/13 7:31 PM
duckhuntgangsta
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Lysine Contingency - Do you have Asperger's? Phone Post
Get the fuck out of here. I keep telling kirik there should be a three month hold on posting with new accounts then limited posting for the first six.

Voted down jackass. Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 8:47 AM
The Lysine Contingency

duckhuntgangsta -
The Lysine Contingency - Do you have Asperger's? Phone Post
Get the fuck out of here. I keep telling kirik there should be a three month hold on posting with new accounts then limited posting for the first six.

Voted down jackass. Phone Post 3.0
What about my question upset you so much? I don't think there's anything wrong with asking somebody if they have Asperger's sydrome. I know several people that have it and I am interested in it. Maybe you should think shit through before having an overly emotional knee-jerk reaction to something you think you're supposed to be upset about. Phone Post
9/13/13 9:13 AM
gotmysitchpackedbyweidman

I really like Dan and think he is a good guy and he contributes a lot to the UG. I dislike the amount of TMA in his BJJ/MMA videos, its something that rubs me the wrong way because of how different in functionality a lot of the TMAs are to MMA, and a lot of it is obsolete yet clung to IMO.

Not trying to be a dick, credit where credit is due, hopefully people can put their criticisms through a more constructive way to Dan, the bashing is over the top.

9/13/13 1:27 PM
DanTheWolfman

Don't feed Lysine, he already posted that stuff on another thread.  I make connections about spatial relationships and bio-mechanics that others seem not to.   

& My TMA connections help with deeper understanding to the game for many, to flow and my stuff is functional.  Even if you think some isn't, it has functional applications or comes out live. 

Anyway, besides TheCombatSystem.com and MMA4SelfDefense.com , you can now also get to my site (whether you bag on it or not) to get my DVD packages or click over to my spreadshirt shop to get some cool Catch Wrestling or other MMA shirts for cheap, by going to http://www.RealCatchWrestling.info or http://www.CatchJitsu.com
9/13/13 2:11 PM
MMA Playwright
492 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He famously came to the rescue of MMA Author Clyde Gentry when he was assaulted after a SoCal MMA event and survived a 10 on 1 attack that than ensued!  When still a teen he survived a 2 on 1 Stick Attack by a couple of Criminals. As an instructor he has taught at many different gyms, clubs, schools, and Universities both in the US and even Canada.

Tell us about those situations!

9/13/13 2:17 PM
RickStorm
1515 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin
Kostakio - 
Ben Saunders - Always been a fan! :) Phone Post
Damn. That's street cred. right there. I wish Ben Fucking Saunders vouched for me like that. Respect. Phone Post 3.0

Im a Kostakio fan!

Im no Ben Saunders but does that help =)

9/13/13 2:42 PM
machadoman

He definitely stays busy and puts himself out there with the best of them. However, one time he came as a guest to the Machado school I train at. To be frank, he was rather obnoxious, if not a bit rude to the teacher. Long story short, he got absolutely OWNED by John Machado. Dan never came back, nor was he invited back.
9/13/13 3:02 PM
DanTheWolfman

Edited: 09/13/13 3:08 PM
MMA Playwright are you Clyde or whom? Former Ultimate Athlete guy?

Hey MachadoMan, why don't you keep the slanderous stories to yourself, edit your post, and write me direct in PM or email danthewolfman@hotmail.com . I respect everyone, call everyone Sir, bow, thank them multiple times, etc. That is very dis-ingenuous to be posting negative things here on this thread especially, or on the internet in general. Not a very Martial Arts Bushido thing to do to badmouth others and if you do train there you should know that, and not a good thing to air opinions or laundry that could reflect your school or master, especially since everyone has their sides of things. I get along with Rigan just fine, and was welcomed with a Hug & double leg when I went to celebrate his opening of his new school in Beverly Hills & in the past personally invited to private training (where I rolled with young Anthony Johnson) etc.

I also train with a JJM BB fairly often throughout the years
9/13/13 3:08 PM
Dougie
697 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I enjoy Dan the most for his posts. He drops more names than a phone book and it's awesome how he works himself into everything. He promotes himself and admits to it. No harm in that. You have to feed yourself. I loved it when Dan was in that Adam Sandler movie.

Where Dan has always sort of made me roll my eyes is when he claims he invented/taught-someone/started something. Some people are just like that though. You just nod your head and keep doing what you are doing when you hear it.

Myself, I like it when Dan has interviews with current fighters and trainers. When he talks about his adventures and stuff is kind of fun too, but I think he should avoid the play by play/analyst stuff.

I think his strength would be in talking with fighters and coaches and having them show stuff for the fans and others who want to learn. He could call it "Tips, Tricks, And Training" or something like that. But don't have him teaching, have him be the student and let the instructor/coach/fighter teach the viewer.
9/13/13 3:12 PM
DanTheWolfman

Hey Dougie, I claim I perpetuate some things, and I do. Don't twist words. I also have in fact taught a few people some tricks no one else is doing Re Cage Tactics.

And ur suggestion on other fighters is great but haven't really had the opp. I may ask a couple of the Gokor guys/UFC vets if interested but not sure most just train hard and leave.
9/13/13 3:27 PM
Dougie
697 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really think that you would be a great person for coaches/fighters/instructors to demonstrate on and you could do it in a formet like a technique of the week or something. You could make it like something that the Gracies do where they break down what won big fights etc but you could do it with the actual fighters/trainers and get their thoughts on it.

I just think you'd have to keep yourself in check a bit and let them have the stage for it to work. As much as Ariel gets crap on here he really does let the person he interviews have the stage and he tries to guide/direct the interview. If you could do that, it would be a good fit imo.

As far as twisting words, well, you remind me of this guy I used to work out with. He would come in and tell us all he invented this new move. He'd show us, then he'd be incredulous when someone told him it was already something.

We called him "T-Bone." He'd come in and say "Look at this new move I invented!" We'd watch and someone would say, "Yeah, that's a kimura." The T-Bone would be astonished that we would try and say his new move was really not that new. What bastards we were to try and steal his glory! He was obviously a savant of sorts and we were jealous schmoes.

People liked T-Bone. He was an ok guy and really was a good, skilled athlete with lots to share, but at times you'd end up rolling your eyes and nodding your head and going back to your own work.

Keep doing your thing Dan, I except your fighters lifestyle.

:)
9/13/13 3:29 PM
Fernandez
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 3:47 PM
DanTheWolfman

Edited: 09/13/13 3:51 PM
LMFAO......Thanks,

Anyway, yes, I do indeed feel like I have strongly perpetuated the use of Calf Kicks (and linear knee kicks side and oblique)....guys are doing it at Exponentially increasing rate, more will learn how to defend different ways and counter, and maybe eventually some will do more Advanced Combos I show off of them. I got thinking all about them because of of Benny The Jet, footage of me doing one at Kings MMA was 1 week before Benson vs Edger the first big time notice of this kick (though others did before yes) and I had been using it a lot at BlackHouse on everyone, especially since realized 6'4" Roger Gracie was taking me down off regular legkicks, and Roger on top of you it is pretty much the worst place to be.

Yes, I do think likely Aoki saw my way of doing the Excorsist Neck Crank on his FB page, because our mutual friend former Shooto #1 Ranked Fighter Ryan Bow whom I showed it on also posted it on his FB page as well as I did. For awhile I was posting vids on Aoki's page like I do many others and they were getting liked. Maybe that rubs people wrong way, but same side, same way, in last 30 seconds like I suggest in the video.

I get a lot of "likes" on FB and nice comments from fighters, especially JMMA fighters.
9/13/13 3:48 PM
DanTheWolfman

Edited: 09/13/13 4:15 PM
Some of My Catch Wrestling,RCW-Real Catch Wrestling, Theodore Roosevelt "Man In The Arena" Quote Shirts, Catch-Jitsu Shirts Etc. Available on my site. No offense to any BJJ people, I have Rickson by Armbar T-shirt too, and Respect all arts they are just fun!
Front

13476330-107799741

Back Reads Jiu-jitsu? No Sir, RCW! No Gentle for me more like Catch-Jitsu! When I Catch You, U Tap What I Catch I Break! CatchJitsu.com
13476330-107799741

13473188-107793763

13476189-107799359

Front11486917-103645535

Back Reads Because Not All Grappling Is BJJ! Hammerlocks, Toe Holds, Bars & Strangles for me thanks!11486917-103645535
http://www.TheCombatSystem.spreadshirt.com and DVD's at http://www.RealCatchWrestling.Info

9/13/13 3:57 PM
Mulletron5000
1311 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dan is a true asset to this forum. It is insane that a network has not hired him on as a consultant/interviewer/commentator. Phone Post
9/13/13 5:53 PM
MMA Playwright
492 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanTheWolfman - MMA Playwright are you Clyde or whom? Former Ultimate Athlete guy?

Hey MachadoMan, why don't you keep the slanderous stories to yourself, edit your post, and write me direct in PM or email danthewolfman@hotmail.com . I respect everyone, call everyone Sir, bow, thank them multiple times, etc. That is very dis-ingenuous to be posting negative things here on this thread especially, or on the internet in general. Not a very Martial Arts Bushido thing to do to badmouth others and if you do train there you should know that, and not a good thing to air opinions or laundry that could reflect your school or master, especially since everyone has their sides of things. I get along with Rigan just fine, and was welcomed with a Hug & double leg when I went to celebrate his opening of his new school in Beverly Hills & in the past personally invited to private training (where I rolled with young Anthony Johnson) etc.

I also train with a JJM BB fairly often throughout the years

Hi Dan,

I just followed that link to your site that you posted and read about it there. I was thinking that it HAD to be a great story so that's why I posted to ask about it. Anyway, NO, I'm not Clyde Gentry. LOL, I hadn't heard his name in a long time.

So..... no harm intended. Just asking about you getting jumped 10 on 1 and then 2 on 1. Have a good one.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.