UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Belfort predicts 5 round UD over Hendo

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/9/13 11:38 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1428 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Dan Henderson beat Vitor Belfort via Unanimous Decision at Pride 32 back in 2006. At UFC Fight Night 32 in Goiania, Brazil, on Nov. 9 Belfort gets the opportunity to even the score, and he says he plans to beat Hendo for all five rounds of the headliner, which will be contested at light heavyweight.

Belfort appears to have the momentum to give it his very best shot. Since losing to Hendo in Ocotber of 2006, Belfort has lost only to world champions Anderson Silva and Jon Jones. Hendo is on a two fight losing streak, to Rashad Evans and Lyoto Machida.

"It’s a rematch, so it won’t taste differently," said Belfort recently. "It gives me more motivation. He’s a tough fighter, but I’ll be ready to dominate him for five rounds."

"That’s the type of fight that the fans will enjoy. It’s going to be intense. I have 14 weeks until the fight, and preparation requires dedication and sacrifice. I’ll focus on winning the fight. I’m preparing myself for a five-round intense fight. That’s the way I predict the fight going."

"My division is the 185 pounds, absolutely. I’m ranked there, but the Dan Henderson fight came in a good moment. He’s a fighter well ranked at 205, who has a fantastic history. But I’m not thinking about anything yet. My next mountain is Dan Henderson and that’s the mountain I want to climb. Dana White decides that. There’s a ranking, but I’m not worried about that. I’m only worried about beating Dan Henderson. The more victories I get, the highest I get."

Read entire article...

9/9/13 11:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GROUNDnLB
835 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Both gas after 2-3 rounds if the pace is solid. This will be an awesome fight m, but I hope it is an action packed finish, rather than a 5 round affair with it flickering out.

However Hendo gave us the 5 round Rua match which was the best MMA fight ever, so what the hell do I know Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 11:54 AM
IhaveDSL'SforPettis
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 11:54 AM
kungfugrip
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5 rounds means heart in 4th and 5th...vitor better win 1-3 to win the fight
9/9/13 11:57 AM
PatrickVilone

Vitor finishes Hendo with TRT kick IMO
9/9/13 12:00 PM
disbeliever
830 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
PatrickVilone - Vitor finishes Hendo with TRT kick IMO

They are both on TRT
9/9/13 12:02 PM
IhaveDSL'SforPettis

Vitor has about 2 rounds to finish somebody who has never been finished before.

Fedor hit Hendo with his best and Dan laughed it off and out him away, but Belfort thinks he can do it? Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 12:03 PM
KneeToFaceKO

Um, no. Phone Post
9/9/13 12:04 PM
Malvert the Janitor
1513 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not sure that Vitor will burn out against a guy like Dan. Dan fights at a very measured pace...you really have to push the pace to gas Belfort. Don't be surprised to see Vitor looking refresher in the later rounds... Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 12:52 PM
Babyruth

IhaveDSL'SforPettis - Vitor has about 2 rounds to finish somebody who has never been finished before.

Fedor hit Hendo with his best and Dan laughed it off and out him away, but Belfort thinks he can do it? Phone Post 3.0
Which Fedor vs Hendo fight did you watch then? Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 12:54 PM
disbeliever
830 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
IhaveDSL'SforPettis - Vitor has about 2 rounds to finish somebody who has never been finished before.

LOL fantastically unbiased observation of that fight sir
9/9/13 12:54 PM
Devlin
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

disbeliever -

They are both on TRT
But people like hendo. Phone Post
9/9/13 1:03 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1629 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

should be a 3 r fight

both guys gas

9/9/13 1:08 PM
IhaveDSL'SforPettis

disbeliever -
IhaveDSL'SforPettis - Vitor has about 2 rounds to finish somebody who has never been finished before.

Hendo was totally playing possum when Fedor tagged him. Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 1:09 PM
Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal

Pitbull3744 -
disbeliever - 

They are both on TRT

True but one has been caught using steroids before, and was a monster when he was younger obviously on the gas, and the other one has looked the exact same through out his whole career and has never been popped.  

Lol at exactly the same. He started koing everyone on trt. He fucked up rua early but they are almost equally hard to Finnish. Machida is hard to catch for anyone and he was off trt for the hashad fight....hmmmm Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 1:13 PM
Durk McGurk

In the past few fights Hendo gave up the TRT didn't he? Is he back on it for this fight then since ViTRTor is definitely and Brazil will allow it?

In for Hendo stopping the Vitor/Cheezits/TRT train.

9/9/13 1:43 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IhaveDSL'SforPettis -
disbeliever -

That's why they used to call him Dan "Hollywood" Henderson. The guy is so incredible at acting, even when in the middle of a fight! He's willing to fall on his back to fool his opponent. Not even Anderson has played possum that bad. Phone Post
9/9/13 1:44 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Durk McGurk - In the past few fights Hendo gave up the TRT didn't he? Is he back on it for this fight then since ViTRTor is definitely and Brazil will allow it?

In for Hendo stopping the Vitor/Cheezits/TRT train.

He wasn't allowed to take it against Rashad. He's back on it for Vitor, iirc. Phone Post
9/9/13 1:49 PM
ChaosOverkill
861 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He better beware or Jesus will switch sides like he did to Bendo

9/9/13 2:04 PM
tefoak
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IhaveDSL'SforPettis - Vitor has about 2 rounds to finish somebody who has never been finished before.

He laughed when Fedor came out swinging and knocked him down? Common sense is not so common. Phone Post
9/9/13 2:20 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

ChaosOverkill -

He better beware or Jesus will switch sides like he did to Bendo

Huh? I don't think Henderson's faith is dependant on the outcome of his fight lol. Phone Post
9/9/13 4:01 PM
IhaveDSL'SforPettis

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
IhaveDSL'SforPettis -
disbeliever -

That's why they used to call him Dan "Hollywood" Henderson. The guy is so incredible at acting, even when in the middle of a fight! He's willing to fall on his back to fool his opponent. Not even Anderson has played possum that bad. Phone Post
Exactly,

At least someone else gets it Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 4:07 PM
IhaveDSL'SforPettis

tefoak -

He laughed when Fedor came out swinging and knocked him down? Common sense is not so common. Phone Post
Fuck ya he did. MANY people thought Fedor would be the first to knock Hendo out, soooo many people that Hendo starting to think Fedor could knock him out. Then once Hendo got in there and got clipped, he realized Fedor had power, but nothing more than what he had been hit with in the past.

So after Fedor clipped him, Hendo laughed it of and played possum, went down, acted hurt, Fedor carelessly rushed in and then Hendo struck and viciously finished Fedor.

Like a magician. Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 4:24 PM
Mr Sponge
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor wins Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 4:31 PM
Leck Brosnar

Vitor by headkick+punches TKO(similar to what Thomson did to Diaz)

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.