UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Johny:"GSP threw me under the bus on 'shady' VADA

9/9/13 4:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

Johny Hendricks: GSP 'threw me under the bus' on 'shady' VADA testing

Esther Lin

Johny Hendricks says he has no problem undergoing out-of-competition drug testing in the buildup to his UFC 167 title shot against welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre.

"You can test me today for anything," Hendricks says on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "Today, tomorrow, you name the time, I'll be there."

The problem, as Hendricks sees it, is that St-Pierre's camp has insisted the testing be conducted through the Las Vegas-based Voluntary Anti-Doping Association, a company which prominently features St-Pierre on the front page of its website.

To Hendricks, that's cause to question VADA's impartiality.

"I don't know GSP and for him to say ‘yeah, let's go take the test over here and nowhere else that I suggested or that even the UFC suggested,' that's a little suspect to me," Hendricks said. "My career is held in his hands and here he has a foot in the door with the VADA group."

---read the rest here---

follow Dave on Twitter

9/9/13 4:10 PM
JStrongMMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jake Shields: "Something shady..." Phone Post
9/9/13 4:30 PM
Jone2tone
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whined his way into a title shot. Night as well whine all the way through it. Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 4:33 PM
Devlin
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is he worried they're going to screw him over or catch him out? Phone Post
9/9/13 4:36 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They feature GSP prominently because he's a high-profile client. They talked constantly about doing the drug testing for Penn vs MacDonald as well, where was everyone saying that shit was shady when that all went down?

Hendricks' reaction to this is really annoying to me as a fan. Obviously I'm a bit biased because I always root for GSP, but come on dude. Everyone was singing the praises of VADA, and then when it's actually offered to you to use them without having to pay for the service, you say lets use someone else or just go with the standard drug tests? That to me shows someone with something to hide who is trying to shift the blame and attention off of himself. Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 4:36 PM
Arse Face
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How is any of this shady?
9/9/13 4:37 PM
SupesUp
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Imagine rory had responded that way to bj? He would have been crucified. Phone Post
9/9/13 4:38 PM
pat barrys shorts
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck why all the Hendricks hate? I'm not even a fan of his.. Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 4:39 PM
Arse Face
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pat barrys shorts - Fuck why all the Hendricks hate? I'm not even a fan of his.. Phone Post 3.0

Are you serious?
9/9/13 4:40 PM
IP
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He doesn't trust GSP's camp. I wouldn't trust my opponents camp either, especially with lingering rumors about GSP/PED use (true or not) and previous greasing suspicions.
9/9/13 4:43 PM
JStrongMMA

Hendricks is to intelligent as Roy Nelson is to skinny. Phone Post
9/9/13 4:45 PM
jmont

GriffinQ - They feature GSP prominently because he's a high-profile client. They talked constantly about doing the drug testing for Penn vs MacDonald as well, where was everyone saying that shit was shady when that all went down?

Hendricks' reaction to this is really annoying to me as a fan. Obviously I'm a bit biased because I always root for GSP, but come on dude. Everyone was singing the praises of VADA, and then when it's actually offered to you to use them without having to pay for the service, you say lets use someone else or just go with the standard drug tests? That to me shows someone with something to hide who is trying to shift the blame and attention off of himself. Phone Post 3.0
I think its reasonable, gsp seems really suspicious about the testing, if he's really clean then he should take any test any time anywhere Phone Post
9/9/13 4:46 PM
Arse Face

IP - He doesn't trust GSP's camp. I wouldn't trust my opponents camp either, especially with lingering rumors about GSP/PED use (true or not) and previous greasing suspicions.

There's rumors on GSP being on PEDs. So.... What can GSP do? Get extra testing? Well he does and it's shady. Right......
9/9/13 4:46 PM
BENDOver_and_took_it
1662 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/09/13 4:48 PM

The website features pictures of ALL the fighters (Tim Bradley, Roy Nelson, Ben Askren, Rosi Sexton, Sheila Gaff,  Rory McDonald ect...) that do volunteer testing for them on the front page of their website... Hendricks would have his mug there too if he had gone ahead with the testing.

9/9/13 4:48 PM
BackOffWarchild
390 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Devlin -  Is he worried they're going to screw him over or catch him out? Phone Post

It's important to understand the difference between the WADA and VADA.

The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) is a non-profit organization that oversees drug testing for many Olympic and international sports organizations. They were at the forefront of discovery in the EPO scandals that plagued the Tour de France, and the USOC follows WADA recommendations and suspensions.

The Volunteer Anti-Doping Agency is a for-profit company based out of Las Vegas. They have no affiliation with any state or international sanctioning body, and their results are non-binding for any sporting events. The company uses Georges St. Pierre as a "de facto" endorser, providing free testing and splashing GSP all over their product. The VADA has a vested financial interest in GSP both testing clean and being successful in the cage.

Keith Kizer's input was that the NSAC can do testing at the WADA level, and unlike the VADA, do it for free. GSP's camp reportedly (he said/she said situation) refused, making their association with the VADA seem suspect.
9/9/13 4:51 PM
Leck Brosnar

^ Yes, and now Firas has said "let's do every testing possible"

Where you at Johny boy
9/9/13 4:52 PM
Leghound
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SupesUp -  Imagine rory had responded that way to bj? He would have been crucified. Phone Post

Good point

9/9/13 4:53 PM
Ansari
411 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/9/13 4:54 PM
lifeaftrprison
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Imagine if GSP said this , It's a blatant excuse and the only thing shady is Hendricks not taking the test. The Ug's favorite BJ Penn took this test and was the one pushing for it. God if GSP have this reasoning he would get flamed , Hendricks does and he gets support ? Holy fuck GSP is hated ! Reminds me of Vitor getting trashed for trt and not a word for Chael - both tested positive in the past. Hendricks is hiding something IMO. Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 4:56 PM
Hunter V
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol people who hate GSP will find a way to somehow to make him a bad guy. And Hendricks is showing himself to be a idiot w responses like that or that he is hiding where the "power" in his hands comes from (and no I do not think either guy is on anything, but unfortunately you could easily argue that him acting this way is a way for him to cover up potential PED usage).
9/9/13 4:58 PM
IP
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Arse Face - 
IP - He doesn't trust GSP's camp. I wouldn't trust my opponents camp either, especially with lingering rumors about GSP/PED use (true or not) and previous greasing suspicions.

There's rumors on GSP being on PEDs. So.... What can GSP do? Get extra testing? Well he does and it's shady. Right......

By reading the what the OP said, it sounds like GSP wasn't open to "any" testing. I'm just saying that if I put myself in Hendrick's shoes, considering everything I either know or suspect about GSP, I'd probably be a conspiracy nut too - and suspicious of his every move.

Doesn't mean I'm right, but considering the circumstances, that's probably the direction I'd lean.
9/9/13 5:01 PM
im_MLT

I'm with Hendricks here. Fuck no I wouldn't do non nsac approved testing that is endorsing my opponent.

Gsp is so shady.

What should happen here is both should do Both tests. Phone Post
9/9/13 5:05 PM
IP

Hunter V - lol people who hate GSP will find a way to somehow to make him a bad guy. And Hendricks is showing himself to be a idiot w responses like that or that he is hiding where the "power" in his hands comes from (and no I do not think either guy is on anything, but unfortunately you could easily argue that him acting this way is a way for him to cover up potential PED usage).

Hate has nothing to do with it. I like GSP and admire him as a great MMA fighter (and seems like a good guy as well). I'm also somewhat suspicious of his camp's tactics after I witnessed his corner lather him up with vaseline during one infamous PPV. For me, that taints GSP's camp's integrity, and any rumors or suspicions I hear about him cause me to take a second look.
9/9/13 5:05 PM
Arse Face

im_MLT -  I'm with Hendricks here. Fuck no I wouldn't do non nsac approved testing that is endorsing my opponent.

Gsp is so shady.

What should happen here is both should do Both tests. Phone Post

You forgot Roy Nelson, Timothy Bradley, Ben Askren, BJ Penn, Ruslan Provodnikov, Guillermo Rigondeaux and Rosi Sexton
9/9/13 5:06 PM
lifeaftrprison
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why didn't anyone and I mean anyone say Penn was shady ? He was on the site too ! Jesus ! Rory says this shit and he would be destroyed , Hendricks says it and GSP is shady? Fuck this is ridiculous logic ! Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.