JayBRO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Johnny Hendricks has successfully sidestepped VADA Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 5:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jcblass

BackOffWarchild - 
Devlin -  Is he worried they're going to screw him over or catch him out? Phone Post

It's important to understand the difference between the WADA and VADA.

The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) is a non-profit organization that oversees drug testing for many Olympic and international sports organizations. They were at the forefront of discovery in the EPO scandals that plagued the Tour de France, and the USOC follows WADA recommendations and suspensions.

The Volunteer Anti-Doping Agency is a for-profit company based out of Las Vegas. They have no affiliation with any state or international sanctioning body, and their results are non-binding for any sporting events. The company uses Georges St. Pierre as a "de facto" endorser, providing free testing and splashing GSP all over their product. The VADA has a vested financial interest in GSP both testing clean and being successful in the cage.

Keith Kizer's input was that the NSAC can do testing at the WADA level, and unlike the VADA, do it for free. GSP's camp reportedly (he said/she said situation) refused, making their association with the VADA seem suspect.

This sounds like a Anti-Doping agency created specifically for dopers. Imagine a 3rd party narcotics testing facility, for profit, where felons could get tested in order to satisfy the curiosity of their probation officer. LOL

Any testing needs to be done unscheduled, by a neutral agency, with the results binding.
9/9/13 5:09 PM
1a1
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im pretty sure zahabi said ok to both tests
9/9/13 5:09 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

WADA =/= VADA

VADA knew what they were doing when they came up with the name, they could have called themselves anything in the World...

9/9/13 5:11 PM
Leck Brosnar

Cyril Jeff - 

WADA =/= VADA

VADA knew what they were doing when they came up with the name, they could have called themselves anything in the World...

They will soon be renamed GSP
9/9/13 5:11 PM
Rantuckjr
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jone2tone - Whined his way into a title shot. Night as well whine all the way through it. Phone Post 3.0

He did?

I thought he got it from going 10-1 in the UFC (along with 2-0 in WEC) while beating two guys ranked top 10 currently and 2 others who had not lost another fight in between Hendricks and their shot at the champ (meaning they were also recently top 10).

But yeah, it was probably because he whined.

9/9/13 5:12 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasn't Georges pretty clear from the beginning that he wanted to go through with VADA testing? As in, he specifically name-dropped VADA when he first offered to pay for Hendricks' testing. When Hendricks said "heck yeah" he was agreeing to VADA testing in particular, not just "out-of-competition testing". GSP didn't throw him under the bus, Johnny just changed his mind.

9/9/13 5:20 PM
Chulio
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"What should happen here is both should do Both tests"

Good idea
9/9/13 5:21 PM
sacredhate
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sounds like JH is just trying to set up excuses.

either he's trying to avoid the tests himself or setting himself up to say that GSP being cleared is meaningless.

JH sounds like a big whiny baby. GSP should do the standard tests and leave it at that. you follow the rules, that is all. same rules for everyone makes it fair and equal opportunity.

9/9/13 5:26 PM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

im_MLT -  I'm with Hendricks here. Fuck no I wouldn't do non nsac approved testing that is endorsing my opponent.

Gsp is so shady.

What should happen here is both should do Both tests. Phone Post

Every athlete that goes through VADA protocol testing is "sponsored."

Here is a letter I got on the subject when I inquired about the costs and who was footing the bill for BJ-Rory since BJ called for testing. Ignore the autocorrected "fingers" instead of "fighters."

Dear Mike,

Thanks for your inquiry.  VADA will be sponsoring both Rory and BJ.  We are trying to sponsor as many fingers as possible that wish to participate.  The costs are for the actual tests and the doping collection officers who travel to the fighters' locations.  There are no additional administrative costs.  I don't have an exact number, but the costs could run between $5-10,000 per athlete.  If there were large numbers of athletes it would be much much less, perhaps half that, if not considerably less.  This includes blood and urine. VADA  is a 501 c 3 charitable organization. So a fighter or his representatives could donate and consider it a charitable donation or they could use it as a tax-deductible training expense.

Hope this helps.  I appreciate your inquiry.  

Like anything, and when I negotiated MRI testing for the NSAC, I was able to have the cost reduced for an MRI/MRA from about $1500 to 1700 down to $450.  That was long before the turn in the economy.  I believe that thorough PED testing could become reasonable if a network or promotional entity wanted to whet it done!

Kind regards,

Margaret Goodman

VADA President

9/9/13 5:41 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

ah, good 'ol Dr. Goodman...

9/9/13 5:47 PM
JStrongMMA

Wow...Hendricks really spun the shit out of this to the point that some of you bought into his incoherent rambling on the mma hour. Phone Post
9/9/13 5:47 PM
mdrndaysamurai
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1. Bj didn't refuse any testing other than vada, gsp has
2. It doesn't matter that vada sponsors other fighters also. Hendricks is fighting gsp.
3. It's not just Hendricks and the ug saying it's shady, but also the head of the athletic commission. That makes the accusations a little more than gsp hate. Phone Post
9/9/13 5:48 PM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

BackOffWarchild - 
Devlin -  Is he worried they're going to screw him over or catch him out? Phone Post

The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) is a non-profit organization that oversees drug testing for many Olympic and international sports organizations. They were at the forefront of discovery in the EPO scandals that plagued the Tour de France, and the USOC follows WADA recommendations and suspensions.

The Volunteer Anti-Doping Agency is a for-profit company based out of Las Vegas. They have no affiliation with any state or international sanctioning body, and their results are non-binding for any sporting events. The company uses Georges St. Pierre as a "de facto" endorser, providing free testing and splashing GSP all over their product. The VADA has a vested financial interest in GSP both testing clean and being successful in the cage.

Keith Kizer's input was that the NSAC can do testing at the WADA level, and unlike the VADA, do it for free. GSP's camp reportedly (he said/she said situation) refused, making their association with the VADA seem suspect.

Actually their financial interest would be if GSP didn't test clean thus proving their system is better at detecting. There is no benefit to them financially in GSP testing clean. This business exists to try and catch a higher percentage not a lower percentage
9/9/13 5:53 PM
Malvert the Janitor
808 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's okay Johnny..you're old friend says so!

Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 5:54 PM
Entreri

Leghound - 
SupesUp -  Imagine rory had responded that way to bj? He would have been crucified. Phone Post

Good point

Exactly.

This is very suspicious of Hendricks.
9/9/13 6:01 PM
Vulva Fabulous
741 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Malvert the Janitor - It's okay Johnny..you're old friend says so!

Phone Post 3.0
BJ could make flyweight now that he lost his leg Phone Post
9/9/13 6:03 PM
BackOffWarchild
284 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - 
BackOffWarchild - 

Actually their financial interest would be if GSP didn't test clean thus proving their system is better at detecting. There is no benefit to them financially in GSP testing clean. This business exists to try and catch a higher percentage not a lower percentage

The first time the VADA busts an athlete that is paying them, out of pocket, for testing is the last time an athlete ever uses VADA for testing. Remember, they aren't affiliated with any sanctioning bodies or sports organizations, and their results have no impact on the athletes. It is absolutely in VADA's interest for GSP to test clean. Their "benefit" is VADA employees having a job, plain and simple. They do not exist for any other reason.

This is why anyone that wants true Olympic-style drug testing would go through the NSAC.
9/9/13 6:03 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jmont -
GriffinQ - They feature GSP prominently because he's a high-profile client. They talked constantly about doing the drug testing for Penn vs MacDonald as well, where was everyone saying that shit was shady when that all went down?

Hendricks' reaction to this is really annoying to me as a fan. Obviously I'm a bit biased because I always root for GSP, but come on dude. Everyone was singing the praises of VADA, and then when it's actually offered to you to use them without having to pay for the service, you say lets use someone else or just go with the standard drug tests? That to me shows someone with something to hide who is trying to shift the blame and attention off of himself. Phone Post 3.0
I think its reasonable, gsp seems really suspicious about the testing, if he's really clean then he should take any test any time anywhere Phone Post
When someone asks what is tested for... It does not mean they're asking so they know whether or not they can continue cheating. Shit like Advil isn't allowed on certain drug tests, but it's such a minor painkiller that you'd want to know ahead of time when you had to stop using it.
But no, the second GSP's rep asks what is being tested for, people(including Keith Kizer who never hesitates to throw people under the bus) immediately accuse him of potential wrong-doing. Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 6:07 PM
Yoghurt

Jone2tone - Whined his way into a title shot. Night as well whine all the way through it. Phone Post 3.0

So KO-ing Fitch and Kampman(spelling) and beating Carlos Condit did nothing for his case? Voted down
9/9/13 6:08 PM
BobbyDigital420
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the whole thing is a mess

GSP, Hendricks teams in drug testing dispute

http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/ufc/gsp-hendricks-teams-in-drug-testing-dispute/

9/9/13 6:11 PM
BobbyDigital420
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The article then showcases what seems to be a negative experience between Team Hendricks and the Nevada State Athletic Commission, specifically Keith Kizer, towards Beaulieu. The summary of which was that it was recommended both fighters also undergo a NSAC-enhanced drug testing program using a World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA)-accredited lab.

A peculiar request, as VADA uses WADA-accredited labs as well. The apparent difference is that VADA has specific policies and procedures that depict how a sample is collected, and the options each fighter has throughout the testing phase. Some as simple as making sure the collection “cup” or “needle” is clean and does not appear to be tainted, to other scenarios as well, like the repercussions of missing/declining a random test — items which are very important in this delicate scenario, but not necessarily listed by other anti-doping agencies.

9/9/13 6:21 PM
Buck 65

LOL @ people desperately trying to somehow make GSP look like the shady bad guy juicer.

Hendricks refusing to do VADA is all the proof I need of who's juicing.
9/9/13 6:21 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mdrndaysamurai -  1. Bj didn't refuse any testing other than vada, gsp has
2. It doesn't matter that vada sponsors other fighters also. Hendricks is fighting gsp.
3. It's not just Hendricks and the ug saying it's shady, but also the head of the athletic commission. That makes the accusations a little more than gsp hate. Phone Post

GSP: I invite Hendricks to participate in VADA testing.

Hendricks: Heck ya!

---ONE MONTH LATER---

Everyone: Yeah so they're both going to be doing VADA testing.

VADA: Actually, Johnny has not completed the appopriate steps in order to join VADA.

Everyone: Hmmmm...

Hendricks: They're SPONSORING GSP! SHADY!

Rational people: They sponsor everyone who participates...

Everyone else: GSP is cheating!

Hendricks: Hey Georges, come do this extra testing instead.

GSP: Why would I just change everything we agreed to?

Hendricks: I don't want to do VADA because it hurts me if Georges tests positive.

GSP: But you just invited me to do out of competition testing.

Keith Kizer: Motherfucker asks too many questions...

Rational people: Aren't questions... aren't they a good thing? Johnny's reasoning is kind of suspect.

Everyone else: I know we hated Kizer last week but he just PROVED BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT GEORGES IS CHEATING!

9/9/13 6:31 PM
Glovegate

BackOffWarchild - 

Lie.

VADA is a 501 c 3 charitable organization, not a for-profit company.  And they do not have a vested interest in GSP testing clean.  Any positive test will only serve to publicly validate the effectiveness of their testing methods.

"The first time the VADA busts an athlete that is paying them, out of pocket, for testing is the last time an athlete ever uses VADA for testing."

Wrong.  Anyone afraid to use them because they've popped someone can easily be accused of fear and forced into accepting or essentially admitting they're a roider. 

And if you're right, either none of these bodies would exist or none of them would ever have caught anyone in their entire history since either nobody would use them as soon as they popped someone or they would all avoid testing properly to save themselves.

So no.

"You can test me today for anything," Hendricks says on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "Today, tomorrow, you name the time, I'll be there."

Except they can't test you and you won't be there because you said you would and now refuse to do so.

"Johnny Hendricks has successfully sidestepped VADA "

And not only that, he's managed to actually get people on his side.  How can anyone defend agreeing to do tests and then backing out and refusing based on the most illogical reasoning ever?

"Im pretty sure zahabi said ok to both tests"

He did.  This isn't about truth, it's about hating a Canadian for any reason whatsoever.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.