UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Johny:"GSP threw me under the bus on 'shady' VADA

9/9/13 6:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
tonytr
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jone2tone - Whined his way into a title shot. Night as well whine all the way through it. Phone Post 3.0

You must be joking.
9/9/13 6:34 PM
guardbr8kr

JayBRO - Johnny Hendricks has successfully sidestepped VADA Phone Post 3.0

Jenny Hendricks imo.....
9/9/13 6:41 PM
tonytr

I'm going to give them both the benefit of the doubt. It's just a PR power struggle in my opinion. Won't matter to me if both or neither do VADA or WADA or whatever.
9/9/13 6:45 PM
Entreri

"Im pretty sure zahabi said ok to both tests"

"He did. This isn't about truth, it's about hating a Canadian for any reason whatsoever."

Damn. Hendricks will forever be tainted.
9/9/13 6:51 PM
chupecabre
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not sure Hendricks is smart enough to win this fight.
9/9/13 7:01 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People from NSAC, VADA, WADA and any other doping agency could show up at the cage, take blood from GSP in front of everyone right after the fight is over, and even if he tested clean then, the same people would still accusing him of juicing.

But after seeing all the conspiracy theories that run rampant on here, I'm not really surprised that there is a lot of people who lack critical thinking skills.
9/9/13 7:08 PM
theFLYnTACO
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm no doctor. I'm no multi-gazillion dollar organization owner. And I'm no million dollar fighter...but am I the only goofy bastard who thinks they should draw blood? I mean isn't that shit nearly impossible to cheat? I mean damn...if they're clean and saying they'll go all the way to proclaim innocence then why is this not an option? Someone please help me with this neurotic thinking. Phone Post
9/9/13 7:10 PM
Spoonie Luv

Yeah. I wouldn't trust them either if I was Hendricks. Conflict of interest IMO Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 7:15 PM
BENDOver_and_took_it
1666 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/09/13 7:15 PM
Cyril Jeff - 

ah, good 'ol Dr. Goodman...

What about good 'ol Dr. Margaret Goodman who tenured as the head physician for NSAC for over 8 years and was head of the medical board for 6.

9/9/13 7:18 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

theFLYnTACO -  I'm no doctor. I'm no multi-gazillion dollar organization owner. And I'm no million dollar fighter...but am I the only goofy bastard who thinks they should draw blood? I mean isn't that shit nearly impossible to cheat? I mean damn...if they're clean and saying they'll go all the way to proclaim innocence then why is this not an option? Someone please help me with this neurotic thinking. Phone Post

VADA does draw blood. Rory even mentioned how they showed up at his house at like 4am looking for a blood sample.
9/9/13 7:18 PM
Mertvaya Ruka

BackOffWarchild - 
Devlin -  Is he worried they're going to screw him over or catch him out? Phone Post

It's important to understand the difference between the WADA and VADA.

The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) is a non-profit organization that oversees drug testing for many Olympic and international sports organizations. They were at the forefront of discovery in the EPO scandals that plagued the Tour de France, and the USOC follows WADA recommendations and suspensions.

The Volunteer Anti-Doping Agency is a for-profit company based out of Las Vegas. They have no affiliation with any state or international sanctioning body, and their results are non-binding for any sporting events. The company uses Georges St. Pierre as a "de facto" endorser, providing free testing and splashing GSP all over their product. The VADA has a vested financial interest in GSP both testing clean and being successful in the cage.

Keith Kizer's input was that the NSAC can do testing at the WADA level, and unlike the VADA, do it for free. GSP's camp reportedly (he said/she said situation) refused, making their association with the VADA seem suspect.

Stop talking OUT OF YOUR ASS.

VADA is non-profit.
9/9/13 7:19 PM
The Pendulum

Rantuckjr -
Jone2tone - Whined his way into a title shot. Night as well whine all the way through it. Phone Post 3.0

He did?

I thought he got it from going 10-1 in the UFC (along with 2-0 in WEC) while beating two guys ranked top 10 currently and 2 others who had not lost another fight in between Hendricks and their shot at the champ (meaning they were also recently top 10).

But yeah, it was probably because he whined.

If by 10-1 you mean 3 horrendous decisions given to Hendricks in his last 6, then yeah 10-1 with no whining all the way. Phone Post
9/9/13 7:22 PM
BackOffWarchild
375 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mertvaya Ruka - 
BackOffWarchild - 
Devlin -  Is he worried they're going to screw him over or catch him out? Phone Post

The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) is a non-profit organization that oversees drug testing for many Olympic and international sports organizations. They were at the forefront of discovery in the EPO scandals that plagued the Tour de France, and the USOC follows WADA recommendations and suspensions.

The Volunteer Anti-Doping Agency is a for-profit company based out of Las Vegas. They have no affiliation with any state or international sanctioning body, and their results are non-binding for any sporting events. The company uses Georges St. Pierre as a "de facto" endorser, providing free testing and splashing GSP all over their product. The VADA has a vested financial interest in GSP both testing clean and being successful in the cage.

Keith Kizer's input was that the NSAC can do testing at the WADA level, and unlike the VADA, do it for free. GSP's camp reportedly (he said/she said situation) refused, making their association with the VADA seem suspect.

VADA is non-profit.

Margaret Goodman earns $0 for her philanthropic efforts? I know their tax status, guy.
9/9/13 7:22 PM
Leck Brosnar

Spoonie Luv - Yeah. I wouldn't trust them either if I was Hendricks. Conflict of interest IMO Phone Post 3.0

Did you feel the same way when Penn made Rory do VADA? (Made as in if Rory would've said NO the shitstorm would be endless)
9/9/13 7:28 PM
Mertvaya Ruka

BackOffWarchild - 
Mertvaya Ruka - 
BackOffWarchild - 

VADA is non-profit.

Margaret Goodman earns $0 for her philanthropic efforts? I know their tax status, guy.

She probably draw a salary, you expect people to work for free in non-profit organizations?
9/9/13 7:36 PM
BackOffWarchild
375 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mertvaya Ruka - 
BackOffWarchild - 
Mertvaya Ruka - 
BackOffWarchild - 

VADA is non-profit.

She probably draw a salary, you expect people to work for free in non-profit organizations?

I am questioning why this organization even exists, if not for the employees to earn a healthy living (profit). AGAIN: The VADA has no affiliation with any sanctioning body. Their WADA testing procedures are already offered by the NSAC, making the VADA completely redundant. The VADA's results are non-binding.

This would be like someone starting a non-profit version of the United States Postal Service. It already exists, so why bother, if not for personal gain? VADA is operating like FedEx, but pretending to be the USPS.
9/9/13 7:38 PM
theFLYnTACO
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 - 
theFLYnTACO -  I'm no doctor. I'm no multi-gazillion dollar organization owner. And I'm no million dollar fighter...but am I the only goofy bastard who thinks they should draw blood? I mean isn't that shit nearly impossible to cheat? I mean damn...if they're clean and saying they'll go all the way to proclaim innocence then why is this not an option? Someone please help me with this neurotic thinking. Phone Post

VADA does draw blood. Rory even mentioned how they showed up at his house at like 4am looking for a blood sample.

Thanks for the insight brother. That shit was blowing my mind. Having lost my last fight and belt due to a Nick Diaz type piss sample...thought glad they didnt draw blood cuz my test would have been somewhat similar to the blood of that journalist from the movie Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. You got my VU brah.
9/9/13 7:40 PM
Mertvaya Ruka

Okay, so it turns out Johnny Hendricks is a conspiracy theory nut.

This guy went to College? Just a quick research shows how VADA operates and you have to be reaching to find anything "suspicious".

OK, he's scared of VADA, fair enough.

Did Johnny Hendricks do or request to do the NSAC/WADA extra testing? (new protocol)

Nope, he didn't, he cries that GSP "started without him".

The fight is approaching, GSP is being randomly tested and Hendricks is still with his thumb up his ass.

If he likes WADA, why doesn't he submit to their extra testing?

He could... "just do it", after all, he promised to do the extra testing.

Hendricks took his sweet time responding to this, and he conveniently ignored the fact that GSP's camp has offered to do both WADA and VADA.

How convenient, he probably did not know right?

And what the fuck does Hendricks mean by, "GSP threw me under the bus to clear his name".

To clear his name? really? What the fuck does he mean?
9/9/13 7:43 PM
Malvert the Janitor
859 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn. Lots of anger in this thread... Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 7:46 PM
Mertvaya Ruka

BackOffWarchild - 
Mertvaya Ruka - 
BackOffWarchild - 
Mertvaya Ruka - 
BackOffWarchild - 

VADA is non-profit.

I am questioning why this organization even exists, if not for the employees to earn a healthy living (profit). AGAIN: The VADA has no affiliation with any sanctioning body. Their WADA testing procedures are already offered by the NSAC, making the VADA completely redundant. The VADA's results are non-binding.

This would be like someone starting a non-profit version of the United States Postal Service. It already exists, so why bother, if not for personal gain? VADA is operating like FedEx, but pretending to be the USPS.

Same could be said of affiliated agencies, you could make a case that politicians can interfere with the process and that corruption is a real threat etc.

I believe the NSAC has JUST released a new testing protocol. Previous to that, were they an equivalent of VADA? Anyway, no one has explained really the differences between the 2. At least, not entirely.

FedEx is a for-profit corporation. How is VADA like FedEx? I don't follow.
9/9/13 7:52 PM
Glovegate

BackOffWarchild - 
Mertvaya Ruka - 
BackOffWarchild - 
Mertvaya Ruka - 
BackOffWarchild - 

VADA is non-profit.

This post made everyone who read it dumber.

People generally need to get paid in order to, you know, sleep somewhere and eat food.  Being a non-profit company doesn't mean all your employees now work for free.  And legally, it's a 501 c 3 charitable organization, not a "for-profit company" AS YOU ORIGINALLY AND INCORRECTLY CLAIMED.

VADA's testing involves taking blood.  The NSAC's standard testing does not.  Again you stated something that is blantantly and verifiably false.

You spoke while ignorant.  You've been proven wrong.  Stop responding.

9/9/13 7:58 PM
Team GDP
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glovegate - 
BackOffWarchild - 

Lie.

VADA is a 501 c 3 charitable organization, not a for-profit company.  And they do not have a vested interest in GSP testing clean.  Any positive test will only serve to publicly validate the effectiveness of their testing methods.

"The first time the VADA busts an athlete that is paying them, out of pocket, for testing is the last time an athlete ever uses VADA for testing."

Wrong.  Anyone afraid to use them because they've popped someone can easily be accused of fear and forced into accepting or essentially admitting they're a roider. 

And if you're right, either none of these bodies would exist or none of them would ever have caught anyone in their entire history since either nobody would use them as soon as they popped someone or they would all avoid testing properly to save themselves.

So no.

"You can test me today for anything," Hendricks says on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "Today, tomorrow, you name the time, I'll be there."

Except they can't test you and you won't be there because you said you would and now refuse to do so.

"Johnny Hendricks has successfully sidestepped VADA "

And not only that, he's managed to actually get people on his side.  How can anyone defend agreeing to do tests and then backing out and refusing based on the most illogical reasoning ever?

"Im pretty sure zahabi said ok to both tests"

He did.  This isn't about truth, it's about hating a Canadian for any reason whatsoever.

i was going to post a rebuttal to that idiotic post, but you did a great job and saved me some time so VTFU.

also in response to someone calling vada redundant. 

BoxingScene.com: If VADA was not involved, a lot of people have asked if this was something that the Nevada Commission would have caught in Peterson’s system?

Keith Kizer: Probably not from the facts that I know. His [testosterone] level, by his doctor, was kept under 4 to 1, which is the lowest level used… some use 4 to 1 and some use 6 to 1. Even VADA uses 4 to 1, but they also use this CIR [carbon isotope ratio] test to detect synthetic testosterone regardless of your level and that’s what happened here.

My understanding is that his level was 3.77 to 1… and I don’t know if that was a purposeful attempt to conceal [his use] by keeping it under 4 to 1 or not. That’s a question for someone else and not for me. But regardless, the CIR was able to catch it without the level being high.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2013/2/13/3985624/boxing-drug-test-failures-lamont-peterson-vada-nsac-andre-berto

9/9/13 7:59 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360

BackOffWarchild - 
Mertvaya Ruka - 
BackOffWarchild - 
Mertvaya Ruka - 
BackOffWarchild - 

VADA is non-profit.

The ENTIRE point of VADA is to not be associated with the other doping agencies. In their (and many others) opinions many of the doping agencies are doing sub par work, and they want the athletes that are worried about their sports to come and test. They have asked for entire teams to come on board before, but obviously none have because they are afraid of losing someone.

VADA can come to you at any time, 24/7 and ask you for a blood or urine sample, the NSAC testing just doesn't do that, they actually schedule most of their tests, or they MIGHT randomly test you if you show up in Nevada at a function they are attending (like they did with Reem at that presser)
9/9/13 8:00 PM
pat barrys shorts
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why Is everyone ignoring what kizer said about gsps camp? And I'm not a gsp hater or a Hendricks fan or a conspiritard. Why does everyone keep ignoring that? Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 8:07 PM
SmackyBear
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BackOffWarchild - 
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - 
BackOffWarchild - 

Actually their financial interest would be if GSP didn't test clean thus proving their system is better at detecting. There is no benefit to them financially in GSP testing clean. This business exists to try and catch a higher percentage not a lower percentage

The first time the VADA busts an athlete that is paying them, out of pocket, for testing is the last time an athlete ever uses VADA for testing. Remember, they aren't affiliated with any sanctioning bodies or sports organizations, and their results have no impact on the athletes. It is absolutely in VADA's interest for GSP to test clean. Their "benefit" is VADA employees having a job, plain and simple. They do not exist for any other reason.

This is why anyone that wants true Olympic-style drug testing would go through the NSAC.

They already busted Lamont Peterson and Andre Berto, both of whom paid them. Both of those resulted in cancelled fights.

The testing the NSAC is offering isn't WADA testing just because they use a WADA approved lab. There are legitimate questions to ask about a new program that don't go away just because Kizer got pissy. Do they screen for exogenous testosterone with a 6:1 T:E ratio like the NSAC normally do, a 4:1 ratio like WADA recommends, or do they do an automatic carbon isotope ratio like VADA?

Also, the NSAC program isn't free as you suggested in another post. The testing in the JMM - Bradley fight is costing $35,000 for the promoters. The VADA testing will cost less due to being subsidized by private donations.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.