UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Johny:"GSP threw me under the bus on 'shady' VADA

9/10/13 2:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ah, you should read back a couple pages, there is new info that is contradictory to the comments made by Hendricks, his camp and Keith Kizer. When you add up everything that has been said over the past week, the bottom line is that GSP has agreed to be tested by two different programs. We only have confirmation that Johnny won't do VADA.

9/10/13 2:15 PM
Tweener
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BackOffWarchild -
Mertvaya Ruka - 
BackOffWarchild - 
Devlin -  Is he worried they're going to screw him over or catch him out? Phone Post

It's important to understand the difference between the WADA and VADA.

The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) is a non-profit organization that oversees drug testing for many Olympic and international sports organizations. They were at the forefront of discovery in the EPO scandals that plagued the Tour de France, and the USOC follows WADA recommendations and suspensions.

The Volunteer Anti-Doping Agency is a for-profit company based out of Las Vegas. They have no affiliation with any state or international sanctioning body, and their results are non-binding for any sporting events. The company uses Georges St. Pierre as a "de facto" endorser, providing free testing and splashing GSP all over their product. The VADA has a vested financial interest in GSP both testing clean and being successful in the cage.

Keith Kizer's input was that the NSAC can do testing at the WADA level, and unlike the VADA, do it for free. GSP's camp reportedly (he said/she said situation) refused, making their association with the VADA seem suspect.

Stop talking OUT OF YOUR ASS.

VADA is non-profit.

Margaret Goodman earns $0 for her philanthropic efforts? I know their tax status, guy.
You have no idea what Non-Profit in relations to an organization means, do you? Phone Post 3.0
9/10/13 2:21 PM
Frank Mir Cat
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RileyPust - 

Ah, you should read back a couple pages, there is new info that is contradictory to the comments made by Hendricks, his camp and Keith Kizer. When you add up everything that has been said over the past week, the bottom line is that GSP has agreed to be tested by two different programs. We only have confirmation that Johnny won't do VADA.

Good call, completely changed my POV. VU for you.
9/10/13 2:21 PM
Sur2eaL
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frank Mir Cat -
RileyPust - 
Frank Mir Cat - If GSP has nothing to hide he shouldn't give a shit what test he takes. He's probably pushing the ragged edge of what is allowable and is rightly concerned about what levels of what are acceptable.

Also, Hendricks has every right to be concerned about a test that is all but GSP sponsored.

Too many people reading too much into it, the simple/logical answer is usually correct.

You don't have to read much into it. Hendricks said he didn't want to participate in VADA because it hurts him if GSP tests positive. Why on earth would he invite him to do NSAC testing, then?

Thats not the way I read it. GSP invited Hendricks to test VADA with him. Johnny agreed. Johnny finds out that GSP has an association with VADA. Johnny says lets do WADA testing instead. GSP says "'ell no".

Conclusion GSP is avoiding the WADA test.
Dude, go back like one page, maybe two. It's already been confirmed that GSP had agreed to do ALL testing before that bullshit OP attached article, with dates to prove it.

Hendricks is avoiding and refusing testing, not the other way around. Phone Post
9/10/13 2:23 PM
JStrongMMA

Tweener -
BackOffWarchild -
Mertvaya Ruka - 
BackOffWarchild - 
Devlin -  Is he worried they're going to screw him over or catch him out? Phone Post

It's important to understand the difference between the WADA and VADA.

The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) is a non-profit organization that oversees drug testing for many Olympic and international sports organizations. They were at the forefront of discovery in the EPO scandals that plagued the Tour de France, and the USOC follows WADA recommendations and suspensions.

The Volunteer Anti-Doping Agency is a for-profit company based out of Las Vegas. They have no affiliation with any state or international sanctioning body, and their results are non-binding for any sporting events. The company uses Georges St. Pierre as a "de facto" endorser, providing free testing and splashing GSP all over their product. The VADA has a vested financial interest in GSP both testing clean and being successful in the cage.

Keith Kizer's input was that the NSAC can do testing at the WADA level, and unlike the VADA, do it for free. GSP's camp reportedly (he said/she said situation) refused, making their association with the VADA seem suspect.

Stop talking OUT OF YOUR ASS.

VADA is non-profit.

Margaret Goodman earns $0 for her philanthropic efforts? I know their tax status, guy.
You have no idea what Non-Profit in relations to an organization means, do you? Phone Post 3.0
Of course he does. Can't you tell how fucking smart he is by his posts in this thread? He knows their tax bracket, guy. Phone Post
9/10/13 2:29 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do you even know their tax bracket, bro? This guy, this guy knows their tax bracket bro. 

Mir Cat: back at ya, I was arguing based on the assumption that you had read through an entire 8 page thread. My mistake and I apologize if I sounded smug lol.

9/10/13 2:48 PM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

Wasn't BJ Penn talking about how he wanted Vada testing? Everyone was all for it until GSP volunteers lol
9/10/13 3:10 PM
Team GDP
399 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Herman Munster - 
RileyPust - 

Honestly, the more that comes to light the more Keith Kizer looks bad. People can moan all they want that VADA has no affiliation with a sanctioning body, but the fact that the NSAC DOES have an affiliation is disconcerting if impartiality is not paramount. Kizer specifically brought up that email sent from Georges' lawyer as a reason why something seemed strange to him. Having now seen the email I can say that it suggests the opposite of what Mr. Kizer was implying. This is concerning because the NSAC is supposed to be an impartial party, but if  you were Georges at this point would you trust Kizer's people to test you more than you had to?

GSP has been the most accomodating, indeed the ONLY accomodating person involved in this whole situation. He's the only one who's been willing to: 1. Undergo both testing programs and 2. Pay for it out of his own pocket.

Absolutely.  Kizer is a scumbag and there should be an internal investigation on him.  His handling of this as the head of the NSAC brings the credibility and objectivity of the NSAC into question.  The guy should keep his mouth closed next time before running to some MMA hack writer from mmajunkie.com, who relased the article that started all this drama on Sept 7.  How that article manages to surface Sept 7 - after the email issued to all parties from GSP's lawyer Aug 17 is absolutely stunning. 

i think mmajunkie.com is the best in the sport, but that article was absolute garbage. how they got stuff wrong, it just blows my mind

9/10/13 3:10 PM
Team GDP
399 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glovegate - 

MattyECB is raping it.

And lol @ LnP jumping in and declaring the most factually inaccurate post in the entire thread to be "the reality of the situation".  Classic Mike right there.

Well I guess we know, if it wasn't obvious before, that LnP simply declares as fact that which he wishes to be true and not what he has verified to be true.

all of this.

vtfu to mattyecb

9/10/13 3:48 PM
Mike Rotch
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MattyECB - And sorry for the post rapes, I'll shut up after this, but I'm blown away how ppl still don't seem to understand the relation between these the organizations.

--->WADA - Anti-Doping body that does VERY LITTLE testing, and it's almost always limited to amateur. What they do do is certify labs that follow certain stringent requirements. This includes NSAC if they opt for it,
USADA, and yes
fucking VADA is WADA-certified.

--->NSAC -- Govt. body doing shitty testing. Can CHOOSE to use a WADA-certified lab for better testing/instruments.

--->VADA -- Independant testing group that HAS already busted ppl who've payed them AND ppl who've been sponsored by them, almost all their work is subsidized so this is completely par-to-the-course -- and yes both these busted-groups involved ppl who were on their front page (and OMG, they were still busted :O)

Key part here -- ALL of VADAs labs are WADA accredited AND they follow newer and improved protocol over NSAC WADA-accredited labs (Reason Kizer is being a cunt-puddle)

And most importantly, this entire thing is moot because GSP agreed to do WADA-accredited labs with the superior VADA-protocol, AND
WADA-accredited labs with the inferior NSAC-protocol.

If you're going to attack GSP and support Hendricks/Kizer, at least look at the Beaulieu email, read up what WADA-accredation means, and please read up on VADA's record and prior busts before talking about Shady handwraps.

And try to figure out how much of each side's claims have substantiation and proof, and how much is complete hearesay and bullshit, cus it's look pretty onesided to me.

And I'd love to hear a good refutation from someone explaining why any of what I've been posting is wrong. I keep seein ppl argue across, instead of addressing this shit

I feel like this needs to be quoted.  VU for Matty.

9/10/13 4:02 PM
Uchi
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Rotch - 
MattyECB - And sorry for the post rapes, I'll shut up after this, but I'm blown away how ppl still don't seem to understand the relation between these the organizations.

--->WADA - Anti-Doping body that does VERY LITTLE testing, and it's almost always limited to amateur. What they do do is certify labs that follow certain stringent requirements. This includes NSAC if they opt for it,
USADA, and yes

--->NSAC -- Govt. body doing shitty testing. Can CHOOSE to use a WADA-certified lab for better testing/instruments.

--->VADA -- Independant testing group that HAS already busted ppl who've payed them AND ppl who've been sponsored by them, almost all their work is subsidized so this is completely par-to-the-course -- and yes both these busted-groups involved ppl who were on their front page (and OMG, they were still busted :O)

Key part here -- ALL of VADAs labs are WADA accredited AND they follow newer and improved protocol over NSAC WADA-accredited labs (Reason Kizer is being a cunt-puddle)

And most importantly, this entire thing is moot because GSP agreed to do WADA-accredited labs with the superior VADA-protocol, AND

If you're going to attack GSP and support Hendricks/Kizer, at least look at the Beaulieu email, read up what WADA-accredation means, and please read up on VADA's record and prior busts before talking about Shady handwraps.

And try to figure out how much of each side's claims have substantiation and proof, and how much is complete hearesay and bullshit, cus it's look pretty onesided to me.

And I'd love to hear a good refutation from someone explaining why any of what I've been posting is wrong. I keep seein ppl argue across, instead of addressing this shit

I feel like this needs to be quoted.  VU for Matty.

VU. If everyone read this post first, I imagine the posts on this thread would be cut in half.
9/10/13 4:27 PM
HexRei

Malvert the Janitor - It's okay Johnny..you're old friend says so!

Phone Post 3.0

proof that BJ actually does have to cut off a leg to make weight!
9/10/13 4:35 PM
ChaosOverkill
519 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frank Mir Cat - 
RileyPust - 
Frank Mir Cat - If GSP has nothing to hide he shouldn't give a shit what test he takes. He's probably pushing the ragged edge of what is allowable and is rightly concerned about what levels of what are acceptable.

Also, Hendricks has every right to be concerned about a test that is all but GSP sponsored.

Too many people reading too much into it, the simple/logical answer is usually correct.

You don't have to read much into it. Hendricks said he didn't want to participate in VADA because it hurts him if GSP tests positive. Why on earth would he invite him to do NSAC testing, then?

Thats not the way I read it. GSP invited Hendricks to test VADA with him. Johnny agreed. Johnny finds out that GSP has an association with VADA. Johnny says lets do WADA testing instead. GSP says "'ell no".

Conclusion GSP is avoiding the WADA test.

and then Firas says they'll do both, so you're an idiot with a hateboner

9/10/13 4:36 PM
ChaosOverkill
519 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Team GDP - 
Glovegate - 

MattyECB is raping it.

And lol @ LnP jumping in and declaring the most factually inaccurate post in the entire thread to be "the reality of the situation".  Classic Mike right there.

Well I guess we know, if it wasn't obvious before, that LnP simply declares as fact that which he wishes to be true and not what he has verified to be true.

all of this.

vtfu to mattyecb

yup, effort I won't give this site anymore to clarify with facts.

Voted up

9/10/13 4:54 PM
BENDOver_and_took_it
1661 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

USADA, and yes

Very well written. Helps clarify things a lot. Voted this up.

9/10/13 5:49 PM
RileyPust

I agree, Herman. If it weren't for this whole situation I wouldn't have questioned it. I wasn't surprised when Johnny said "heck ya" to VADA testing because I was positive he doesn't cheat. I've almost completely reversed my thoughts on this now after considering recent events. I didn't even really think Johnny was dirty when VADA said he hadn't enrolled, it's everything that came from Hendricks' camp that raises my suspicions. Unless you decide to omit facts, you can't argue that anything GSP is doing is shady because ultimately he's going above and beyond both in terms of extra testing and promoting clean fighting. If GSP fails I'll eat some crow, but if he passes everyone will still say he cheated the test. It's a lose-lose-lose for Georges because it's gonna cost him money as well regardless. 

9/10/13 6:36 PM
rarebear

VADA is shady as fuck. VADA for those of you who don't know is run by ex Balco Labs founder Victor Conte. Do you not think he has an invested interest in making sure his fighters come up clean? Given that he plasters them all over his website? He's always been that "Guy" that people know to get steroids from, and now hes that "Guy" that runs an "drug testing company" that will make sure you piss clean and plaster you on his website and say congratulations xxx big fighter successfully completed our VADA testing program!
Victor Conte is as scummy as they come. If you pass VADA's testing program that means nothing. VADA means nothing. They aren't a legitimate anti doping agency.
9/10/13 6:39 PM
rarebear

RileyPust - 

I agree, Herman. If it weren't for this whole situation I wouldn't have questioned it. I wasn't surprised when Johnny said "heck ya" to VADA testing because I was positive he doesn't cheat. I've almost completely reversed my thoughts on this now after considering recent events. I didn't even really think Johnny was dirty when VADA said he hadn't enrolled, it's everything that came from Hendricks' camp that raises my suspicions. Unless you decide to omit facts, you can't argue that anything GSP is doing is shady because ultimately he's going above and beyond both in terms of extra testing and promoting clean fighting. If GSP fails I'll eat some crow, but if he passes everyone will still say he cheated the test. It's a lose-lose-lose for Georges because it's gonna cost him money as well regardless. 

Fail? Hah. You think Victor Conte ex Balco Labs founder who runs VADA is going to let there star GSP fail a drug test? No of course not. They give him those drug tests on a silver platter. It's probably just like PrideFC you take a pee and then they just throw away the sample in the garbage. That's Victor Conte for you hes a complete scumbag do your homework on the guy before you say Hendricks is doing anything to raise your suspicions.
9/10/13 6:43 PM
RileyPust

rarebear - VADA is shady as fuck. VADA for those of you who don't know is run by ex Balco Labs founder Victor Conte. Do you not think he has an invested interest in making sure his fighters come up clean? Given that he plasters them all over his website? He's always been that "Guy" that people know to get steroids from, and now hes that "Guy" that runs an "drug testing company" that will make sure you piss clean and plaster you on his website and say congratulations xxx big fighter successfully completed our VADA testing program!
Victor Conte is as scummy as they come. If you pass VADA's testing program that means nothing. VADA means nothing. They aren't a legitimate anti doping agency.

Dr. Margaret Goodman runs VADA, goof.

9/10/13 6:50 PM
JStrongMMA

rarebear - VADA is shady as fuck. VADA for those of you who don't know is run by ex Balco Labs founder Victor Conte. Do you not think he has an invested interest in making sure his fighters come up clean? Given that he plasters them all over his website? He's always been that "Guy" that people know to get steroids from, and now hes that "Guy" that runs an "drug testing company" that will make sure you piss clean and plaster you on his website and say congratulations xxx big fighter successfully completed our VADA testing program!
Nope...that's not even remotely true. Phone Post
9/10/13 6:52 PM
Mertvaya Ruka
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in the MMA hour interview, did Ariel tell him that GSP was willing to do both tests? Or it was never mentioned?
9/10/13 6:53 PM
RileyPust

Edited: 09/10/13 6:53 PM

Berto also failed his VADA test after working with Conte.

Edit: Goof.

9/10/13 6:56 PM
JStrongMMA

rarebear -
RileyPust - 

Fail? Hah. You think Victor Conte ex Balco Labs founder who runs VADA is going to let there star GSP fail a drug test? No of course not. They give him those drug tests on a silver platter. It's probably just like PrideFC you take a pee and then they just throw away the sample in the garbage. That's Victor Conte for you hes a complete scumbag do your homework on the guy before you say Hendricks is doing anything to raise your suspicions.
P.S. one of Victor's guys, Berto actually used VADA and he came up hot for steroids before the Ortiz fight. Oh..the ironing. Phone Post
9/10/13 6:58 PM
ChaosOverkill

Mertvaya Ruka - in the MMA hour interview, did Ariel tell him that GSP was willing to do both tests? Or it was never mentioned?

Probably not Ariel Povich was getting too much juicy drama for his TMZ mma show

9/10/13 6:59 PM
ChaosOverkill

rarebear - 
RileyPust - 

They don't let you use the big boy scissors do they?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.