UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Johny:"GSP threw me under the bus on 'shady' VADA

9/10/13 7:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tweener
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rarebear - VADA is shady as fuck. VADA for those of you who don't know is run by ex Balco Labs founder Victor Conte. Do you not think he has an invested interest in making sure his fighters come up clean? Given that he plasters them all over his website? He's always been that "Guy" that people know to get steroids from, and now hes that "Guy" that runs an "drug testing company" that will make sure you piss clean and plaster you on his website and say congratulations xxx big fighter successfully completed our VADA testing program!
Victor Conte is as scummy as they come. If you pass VADA's testing program that means nothing. VADA means nothing. They aren't a legitimate anti doping agency.
Why don't you post under your real name, Johny? Phone Post 3.0
9/10/13 7:13 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rarebear gettin rarer.

9/10/13 7:16 PM
SKARHEAD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/10/13 7:19 PM
9/10/13 7:22 PM
JStrongMMA

SKARHEAD - .
What does the greasing thing have to do with this? It seems your dislike of GSP is clouding your logical thinking. Phone Post
9/10/13 8:55 PM
Team GDP
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it's kind of funny... if you look at the title, and think about the comments johny and his manager have made over the past few days, it's actually quite the opposite

9/10/13 9:05 PM
Mertvaya Ruka
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JStrongMMA - 
SKARHEAD - .
What does the greasing thing have to do with this? It seems your dislike of GSP is clouding your logical thinking. Phone Post

Don't mind him, this guy fly off the handle at the drop of a hat. He's amusing.
9/10/13 9:42 PM
Mertvaya Ruka
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reed Rothchild - VADA is shady Phone Post 3.0

Of course, you won't explain why or actually care about the facts.

You simply just happen to fall on the opposite of logic and decency on pretty much every topic out there.

19000 posts like these, thanks for your great contribution to this forum.
9/10/13 10:07 PM
bhealthy

its no shadier than a g
bloke with mammoth gyno and classic roid swole-gut implying that YOU are the one who's juicing
bhealthy

its no shadier than a g
bloke with mammoth gyno and classic roid swole-gut implying that YOU are the one who's juicing
bhealthy

its no shadier than a g
9/10/13 10:21 PM
Piyo

Fucking hell, so many people are this thread are fucking stupid and apparently still live with their parents.

The lawyer shouldn't have asked the question?!! Whoever says this is RETARDED. That's one of a lawyer's most important jobs. They're there to cover all the bases and a few extra.

I'm sorry, I'm a GSP fan, but even if I weren't, it'd still be clear that his actions are beyond reproach here. And Keith Kizer should shut his stupid fucking mouth.
9/10/13 10:30 PM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to have a bit of respect for Hendricks, until I read that crap. When did he turn into such a paranoid cry-baby?

9/10/13 11:00 PM
fightmedicine
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dr. Goodman helped found VADA and was a major ringside doc through the Randy, Chuck, and Tito era.
She helped found it in response to all the major problems with testing she had.
You can check out the interview I did with her for my website FightMedicine.net here:

http://fightmedicine.net/interviews/dr-margaret-goodman-on-vada-peds-and-fighter-mental-health

I also spoke to Keith Kizer about similar topics for FightMedicine.net:
http://fightmedicine.net/peds/keith-kizer-on-nsac-testosterone-replacement-therapy-trt-testing-and-therapeutic-use-exemptions-tue

Let me know your thoughts. Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 12:38 PM
Bentleysuper8

I just met you
and this is crazy
here's my blood test
so call me shady...
9/11/13 1:13 PM
Jone2tone
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rantuckjr -
Jone2tone - Whined his way into a title shot. Night as well whine all the way through it. Phone Post 3.0

He did?

I thought he got it from going 10-1 in the UFC (along with 2-0 in WEC) while beating two guys ranked top 10 currently and 2 others who had not lost another fight in between Hendricks and their shot at the champ (meaning they were also recently top 10).

But yeah, it was probably because he whined.

Really? So I'm the only one who remembers him crying about having to fight Condit after beating Fitch because he felt he already deserved his shot? Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 1:22 PM
Jone2tone
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yoghurt -
Jone2tone - Whined his way into a title shot. Night as well whine all the way through it. Phone Post 3.0

So KO-ing Fitch and Kampman(spelling) and beating Carlos Condit did nothing for his case? Voted down
I'm not saying he's not a qualified contender, I'm saying he was complaining about his being the title contender even before the Fitch fight. Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 1:33 PM
Dharmaboy75

Please will Hendricks stop being such a little bitch and shut up. does this guy not stop crying about something?
9/11/13 1:47 PM
gotmysitchpackedbyweidman

The only thing shady about this (aside from Jake Shields of course) is situation is Hendricks making up reasons as to why he doesn't want to get tested by VADA.

Why is the welterweight division being consumed by so much shade? 

9/11/13 1:47 PM
andyman011

The problem I have with vada is its literally independent. There's no governing body and the tests mean nothing to the UfC.

I'm not saying he did, but it makes it possible for someone like gsp to throw a bribe in there as a failsafe.

Maybe he paid them to ruin Johnnys test so if gsp gets kod or loses he can say oh well vada tested this and this and he came back positive. Phone Post
9/11/13 1:50 PM

andyman011 -  The problem I have with vada is its literally independent. There's no governing body and the tests mean nothing to the UfC.

I'm not saying he did, but it makes it possible for someone like gsp to throw a bribe in there as a failsafe.

Maybe he paid them to ruin Johnnys test so if gsp gets kod or loses he can say oh well vada tested this and this and he came back positive. Phone Post

bribery aspect is complete conjecture, no evidence to back it up it is a conspiracy theory. Also government officials can be bribed just as easy as anyone in a private organisation.

9/11/13 2:00 PM
andyman011

gotmysitchpackedbyweidman -
andyman011 -  The problem I have with vada is its literally independent. There's no governing body and the tests mean nothing to the UfC.

bribery aspect is complete conjecture, no evidence to back it up it is a conspiracy theory. Also government officials can be bribed just as easy as anyone in a private organisation.

Yes but that's my point. Its a lot easier to bribe a non sanctioned body. Keith kizer wouldn't take one but who knows what head of vada will do for 100k Phone Post
9/11/13 2:03 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^Then why would GSP's camp have an email dated three weeks ago agreeing to the testing program? If he bribed VADA then they'd both be busted by the NSAC.

9/11/13 2:05 PM

Edited: 09/11/13 2:18 PM
andyman011 - 
gotmysitchpackedbyweidman -

Yes but that's my point. Its a lot easier to bribe a non sanctioned body. Keith kizer wouldn't take one but who knows what head of vada will do for 100k Phone Post

did you even read my post? How do you know officials from the governing body aren't taking bribes? Where is the evidence apart from 'It is a private company' which is not evidence at all, it is quite a naive way to think.

9/11/13 2:24 PM
Glovegate

Kizer wouldn't take a bribe?  We just proved that he flat out lied about GSP's willingness to undergo any test.  He received a letter from his lawyer 3 weeks beforehand stating exactly that and he turned around and told a complete lie to the world.  Then he tried to claim that asking a question was tantamount to refusal.  In what world is that true?  A world where you're an emperor and anything other than "yes sir" is offensive to you?

I said it before but it bears repeating.  That this guy's statements aren't ignored as a matter of course is a shit stain on the intelligence of sports fans.

VADA's independence shouldn't be of that much concern.  It shouldn't be ignored but it's not reason enough to dismiss the work they've done.  That's like saying a guy shouldn't get a title shot because you don't like his face.  They're a 501 c 3 charitable organization.  They've popped high profile fighters before, fighters they "sponsored" and whose pictures appeared on their website.

Thus far, the NSAC has proven itself to be neither honest nor professional.  VADA has yet to do so. 

9/11/13 3:29 PM
RileyPust

Edited: 09/11/13 3:34 PM
Herman Munster - 
To Mauro’s strong credit, he read my post yesterday. He saw the questions I asked. He proceeded to ask Keith Kizer the questions we presented. The end result? In my opinion, the Executive Director had an ugly & regrettable performance. The level of disrespect shown toward Mauro for his line of questioning was palpable. Mauro asked the questions we have asked about testosterone & marijuana usage in MMA. He challenged Keith Kizer in a fair manner. When Mauro continued to ask important & completely relevant questions regarding drug testing protocols, Keith Kizer got agitated. He tried to challenge & attack the premise of what Mauro was asking by claiming Mauro’s questions were based on faulty or incorrect premises. He got testy & whiny in a hurry. Soon, he became dismissive and petulant.

Yeah, looks like Hendricks wanted to do a testing program that was perhaps less advanced than VADA's program. GSP's lawyer was asking questions to see how the NSAC's program stacked up to VADA, Keith became dismissive and petulant and said that he "takes that as a no". 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.