UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Nerdy chick on TUF

9/26/13 4:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ender852
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

damn that sucked, i've never rooted for anybody so hard on TUF and been so devestated when they lost. at the risk of sounding like a couch potato know it all, you looked great in round one, and it seemed to me like you were very tired in the second round. with some more hard work on cardio and conditioning I feel like you would never have taken a fraction of those damaging blows in round 2. anyways, keep your head up and I'm still a big fan!

11/1/13 10:44 PM
Rox19
489 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Check out my blog for episode 9! 

Cody, cutting weight, Peggy vs Sarah, Ronda, Julianna, life, humanity.....

http://www.mass-mma.com/2013/11/01/roxanne-modafferi-tuf-blog-week-9/

11/1/13 11:19 PM
FETT_DiscipleDojo
619 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Megumi Fujii and I had a discussion before I left Japan. There should be a rule that someone should only be able to rehydrate to one weight class above them. For example, if the division goes 115, 125 and 135, and if she cuts to 115, on fight day she should be under 135. This is also safer for fighter, the one cutting and also for the smaller person. They should have same-day second weigh-ins."

Totally agree. Personally, I'd like to see a 10lb rehydration limit and ringside 2nd weigh-ins. If the fighter weighs in over 10lbs over, they either start the fight 1 point down each round, or their opponent gets the win bonus regardless of the outcome.

11/1/13 11:25 PM
RONINXOM
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please tell me you fight in the finale. Phone Post 3.0
11/2/13 8:31 AM
Morgz
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great blog. Thanks for sharing your insight Phone Post 3.0
11/2/13 8:51 AM
stonepony
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RONINXOM - Please tell me you fight in the finale. Phone Post 3.0

Extremely likely IMO. Her fans alone will get her a fight. It's how Kimbo got in to the UFC, and his hype was all driven by youtube views.

Roxxy has experience and credentials and all the fans want to see her fight. She'll get a fight.
11/2/13 9:19 AM
MountainMedic
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe your best blog to date Rox. Very honest & insightful. Phone Post
11/9/13 8:07 AM
Rox19
489 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blog of week 10!  More about favoritism and training and stuff

"Everyone was getting burned out mentally and physically. 

I remember Miesha saying to be right off the bat that she didn’t want to be in anyone’s corner because she didn’t want people to think there were favorites. I know we had a high coach-fighter ratio, and it was great. I seriously loved our coaching staff. However, it was interesting to watch the show and hear other people’s perspectives, too. I didn’t realize that Raquel felt sides were being taken.............."

http://www.mass-mma.com/2013/11/08/roxanne-modafferi-tuf-blog-week-10/

11/9/13 8:14 AM
MirkoWasRapedLikePerfectSoldierImTouched
1662 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ty

11/9/13 12:34 PM
NomoRomophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Roxy!!! Phone Post 3.0
11/9/13 2:13 PM
BKViper
441 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FETT_DiscipleDojo -

"Megumi Fujii and I had a discussion before I left Japan. There should be a rule that someone should only be able to rehydrate to one weight class above them. For example, if the division goes 115, 125 and 135, and if she cuts to 115, on fight day she should be under 135. This is also safer for fighter, the one cutting and also for the smaller person. They should have same-day second weigh-ins."

Totally agree. Personally, I'd like to see a 10lb rehydration limit and ringside 2nd weigh-ins. If the fighter weighs in over 10lbs over, they either start the fight 1 point down each round, or their opponent gets the win bonus regardless of the outcome.

I am still a proponent of weighs on the day of the fight to fix all these weight cutting issues.
Hell, make them weigh in at the cage door and if you miss weight you give up 50% of your purse, half to your opponent and half to the promotion.
Then shit will be fair and missing weight will be taken seriously by fighters. Phone Post 3.0
11/15/13 12:45 AM
Rox19

TUF Blog week 11 - Perceptions, Julianna, Sarah, getting elbowed in the eye, the fight, link to web extra (a verbal fight in the van)

"Everyone lives with a personal bubble surrounding them. When we move close to other people, we perceive reality as how it comes in from the outside into our bubble. Our ‘perception bubble’ was formed by all influences – experiences, upbringing, personal likes, dislikes, sensitivities, etc.

So when you hear two people give two different perceptions, who is right? Neither. The outside reality, as I’ll call it (viewed by people from the outside) is always somewhere in between. This episode showed things like Raquel telling Julianna she was loud in the morning, and Julianna denied it. Humans are unable to see themselves inside their perception bubble, so we rely on others to tell us from the outside. ....

http://www.mass-mma.com/2013/11/14/roxanne-modafferi-tuf-blog-week-11/

11/15/13 1:11 AM
MountainMedic
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rox19 -

TUF Blog week 11 - Perceptions, Julianna, Sarah, getting elbowed in the eye, the fight, link to web extra (a verbal fight in the van)

"Everyone lives with a personal bubble surrounding them. When we move close to other people, we perceive reality as how it comes in from the outside into our bubble. Our ‘perception bubble’ was formed by all influences – experiences, upbringing, personal likes, dislikes, sensitivities, etc.

So when you hear two people give two different perceptions, who is right? Neither. The outside reality, as I’ll call it (viewed by people from the outside) is always somewhere in between. This episode showed things like Raquel telling Julianna she was loud in the morning, and Julianna denied it. Humans are unable to see themselves inside their perception bubble, so we rely on others to tell us from the outside. ....

http://www.mass-mma.com/2013/11/14/roxanne-modafferi-tuf-blog-week-11/

Hey Rox! I went to massmma today looking for your blog, wanted to hear your take on the fight & the drama. GOOD read, I feel like you had more to say, the subjects you took on were very complex.

Sorry bout the eye, I've been there, the "good teammate " never gets the love they deserve.... nobody notices so much that you are always there, always not only willing but wanting to push hard so the center of attention can be possibly a fraction better. Bruises heal, some say glory lasts forever, but I say that character shines and cannot be denied.

I hope good things are coming for you, must be killing you to not be able to say what's happening today as opposed to what happened months ago. Phone Post 3.0
11/15/13 2:56 AM
dirtymonkey22
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd do roxy That is all Phone Post 3.0
11/30/13 3:12 PM
armbarring
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Roxy! Stay focused! Get the submission!
11/30/13 4:24 PM
MountainMedic

Go get her! Phone Post 3.0
11/30/13 4:57 PM
ranier wolfcastle
936 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rox has a tough fight tonight

11/30/13 8:03 PM
Jone2tone
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just a few minutes! War Rox!!! Phone Post 3.0
11/30/13 9:57 PM
onepunchcombo
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

May the Force be with You! Phone Post 3.0
11/30/13 10:16 PM
Jone2tone
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's time, Happy Warrior!! Fight hard! Phone Post 3.0
12/7/13 10:53 PM
GaspareBJJ
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt for Roxy <3 Phone Post 3.0
12/11/13 12:53 AM
Rox19

Some kids in my kid's class asked me to go over their house and help them recreate the paper doll "Plato" I made in the TUF house, out of boredom! :P So cute
12/11/13 1:30 AM
Toddums
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roxy I thought you looked much improved in round 1 of your ufc fight. Good job. Hope to see you fight again, maybe at 115?
12/11/13 5:33 AM
Morgz
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Playco was Kewl! Phone Post 3.0
12/11/13 12:56 PM
TARRat
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rox19 - Some kids in my kid's class asked me to go over their house and help them recreate the paper doll "Plato" I made in the TUF house, out of boredom! :P So cute

I read, "Some kids in my kid's class," and was like - what, does Roxy have a child that I/we don't know about?

Then I read the blog and realized that the apostrophe was just out of place. :p

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.