UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Reem: If I lose to Mir, I quit MMA

9/9/13 6:42 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC Alistair Overeem appeared on Monday's episode of Ariel Helwani's The MMA Hour, and said if he loses to Frank Mir at UFC 167 in November, he will quit MMA. 'Reem is on a two-fight win streak. Mir has lost three in a row.

"If I lose to Frank Mir, I have to find something else to do," said Overeem.

"I just lost my last fight and was just thinking about what I was going to do next and have a nice holiday. The fight is coming way more sooner than I expected...I was aiming for maybe December, January. But I'm a fighter and I love to be active."

What do you think UG? Could this fight be a loser leaves town match?

Transcription courtesy of B/R

9/9/13 6:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ISW
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol at that pic of Mur. Phone Post
UGCTT_CreepysStacheWax
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This seems to be a new trend to claim this b4 a fight Phone Post
Willin
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That pinhead isn't going to help his chances but I can definitely see him smothering Mir against the fence. Phone Post
9/9/13 6:45 PM
ABE FROMAN

Reem: If I lose to Mir, I quit MMA

9/9/13 6:47 PM
Kid Charlemagne
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How does the UG blog have so many upvotes with its history of fucked up titles? Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 6:49 PM
ABE FROMAN

Kid Charlemagne - How does the UG blog have so many upvotes with its history of fucked up titles? Phone Post 3.0

LOL, Admin anybody?

9/9/13 6:50 PM
Tubarao

we haven't heard that before ~insert sarcasm here~ Phone Post
9/9/13 6:58 PM
Fisticus
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll never count Mir out with his zombie limb breaking autopilot Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 7:00 PM
Mertvaya Ruka
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What an horrible way to think, by saying shit like that he reveal that he learned NOTHING from his last 2 losses.

This guy is a mental case.
9/9/13 7:00 PM
ChucoV
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN -

Reem: If I lose to Mir, I quit MMA

Lol Phone Post
9/9/13 7:01 PM
iGnarly
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Reem is on a two-fight win streak"

the fuck?
9/9/13 7:03 PM
Williambonney

Unfortunately I think his chin already quit :( too bad I was really hoping for a impressive HW to come and be exciting and likeable. I know he got hate here on the UG but I always found him very likeable in interviews etc. and he had the striking and looks to help sell mma to the casual fans. It's really too bad about his chin
Domingo
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frank has pulled off bigger upsets and we all know about 'Reem's tendency to crack when shit hits the fan. Still, this should be a good match for Alistair. If he does lose, it probably IS time to look at other options. Phone Post 3.0
Vaginal Tear
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a fan but I'm glad he has been humbled a bit. Or at least I hope he's been humbled a bit. Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 7:12 PM
Ozzabong

I predict Mir win by submission!! Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 7:13 PM
springfield
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Come on Mir retire him! Phone Post
9/9/13 7:14 PM
Attack Dawg
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

iGnarly - "Reem is on a two-fight win streak"

the fuck?
And then was quoted saying "I just lost my last fight"

I suspect Cecil Peoples is involved!! Phone Post
9/9/13 7:18 PM
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he does to Mir what he did to Browne before gassing out, Mir will be on the ground in a fetal position. Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 7:19 PM
Tweener

Reem is on a two fight win streak, huh?

Who types this shit up? Proof read before you post "news". Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 7:20 PM
MrAntichrist
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mostly I hope the Reem wins because at this point i think he has a much better chance at at least slightly redeeming his career, whereas even if Mir were to beat him spectacularly I suspect he's nearing the end of his road. That's not to disrespect Frank in anyway, but he just hasn't looked the same lately. If Nog wouldn't have tried for the submission and had continued landing big shots, he'd likely be 4 losses now and we wouldn't even be talking about this, but Alistair could probably have won his last two if he hadn't gotten too cocky like he did. It's pretty clear at this point that Reem isn't going to be the force in the HW division that a lot of people thought he would, but if he fought smarter he could do better. Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 7:22 PM
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MrAntichrist - Mostly I hope the Reem wins because at this point i think he has a much better chance at at least slightly redeeming his career, whereas even if Mir were to beat him spectacularly I suspect he's nearing the end of his road. That's not to disrespect Frank in anyway, but he just hasn't looked the same lately. If Nog wouldn't have tried for the submission and had continued landing big shots, he'd likely be 4 losses now and we wouldn't even be talking about this, but Alistair could probably have won his last two if he hadn't gotten too cocky like he did. It's pretty clear at this point that Reem isn't going to be the force in the HW division that a lot of people thought he would, but if he fought smarter he could do better. Phone Post 3.0
Voted up for intelligent analysis. Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 7:24 PM
2Fort
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tweener - Reem is on a two fight win streak, huh?

Who types this shit up? Proof read before you post "news". Phone Post 3.0

LOL! My god this journalism
9/9/13 7:24 PM
KZTT_W85
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

iGnarly - "Reem is on a two-fight win streak"

the fuck?
Came to say this Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 7:25 PM
MrAntichrist
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mark Hunts Pet Monkey -
MrAntichrist - Mostly I hope the Reem wins because at this point i think he has a much better chance at at least slightly redeeming his career, whereas even if Mir were to beat him spectacularly I suspect he's nearing the end of his road. That's not to disrespect Frank in anyway, but he just hasn't looked the same lately. If Nog wouldn't have tried for the submission and had continued landing big shots, he'd likely be 4 losses now and we wouldn't even be talking about this, but Alistair could probably have won his last two if he hadn't gotten too cocky like he did. It's pretty clear at this point that Reem isn't going to be the force in the HW division that a lot of people thought he would, but if he fought smarter he could do better. Phone Post 3.0
Voted up for intelligent analysis. Phone Post 3.0
Thank you sir, back at you Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.