UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sam Hon makes fighters fight themselves

9/10/13 11:15 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Urijah Faber and pohotographer Sam Hon partnered to create OpticalPanacea.com:

Optical Panacea consists of cutting edge, composition art that blends the imagery of a background photo with a series of action shots of an athlete. Creating the artwork through the merging of these two images composes a distinctive story. Optical Panacea is iconic imagery of athletes in motion, and this photographic storytelling is one of a kind.

Over a dozen legendary mixed martial artists have been featured in completed artwork, including Anderson Silva, BJ Penn, Wanderlei Silva, Randy Couture, and Chael Sonnen and Urijah Faber, with many more scheduled in the future.

The images explore various artistic themes, including shadow, motion, and superimposition of fighters fighting themselves.

The roster of athletes will soon be expanding outside of MMA. Whether the competition goes down on a cage, a field, a ring, or a court, Optical Panacea will continue to deliver its thought provoking art.

Co founder Sam Hon’s creative vision in this campaign was to make each fighter fight themselves while drawing creativity from each fighters raw character to make each image unique.

"Optical Panecea was created when I did an image for Urijah Faber, and it was inspired by a story I saw in a youtube clip of him defending himself, when he was in Bali Indonesia, against it was a group of guys, maybe 10-15 guys.”

The video inspired an idea for a photoshoot where Faber would be fighting himself. Taking photos from a variety of positions, Faber had no idea what the final product would look like. The final image delivered was a panoramic composite of Urijah in combat with himself. Blown away by the photo, Urijah approached Hon and said, “We’re starting a company."

Read entire article...

9/10/13 11:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DW
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

these are pretty cool, I like the Pettis one the most.

9/10/13 12:25 PM
Jason Reinhardt
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this is amazing!
9/10/13 3:55 PM
Bay Area
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Am I missing something? How is frank trigg or wanderlei fighting himself? Phone Post 3.0
9/10/13 4:27 PM
ebullock
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Those are very cool, but the only 2 available for purchase are the faber and pettis ones and they are small.
9/10/13 10:26 PM
Kirik
1733 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
Bay Area - Am I missing something? How is frank trigg or wanderlei fighting himself? Phone Post 3.0

The fighting yourself is just one theme to the work. They also use shadows, etc.

9/10/13 11:54 PM
orionstar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://s16.postimg.org/gg7n4b41x/les_parapluies_de_brazil.jpg

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.