UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bellator 98 Does 437k Viewers

9/10/13 4:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheVileOne
239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What is Bellator going to be in on Friday night?
9/10/13 5:00 PM
brahmabull81
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheVileOne - What is Bellator going to be in on Friday night?

Deep shit???

lol just kidding.

All I know is that Bellator Logic is what MMA Logic and Bellator fan combined would be.

Someone S/N that bisch now!
9/10/13 5:01 PM
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/10/13 5:01 PM
Bellator Fan - 
Bellator Fan -
MMALOGIC -
Bellator Fan - UFN 28 (Wed with no sports counter programming)
Prelims 249,000 MC 539,000

Bellator 98 (Sat going up against Notre Dame vs Mich and OU vs WVU)
MC 437,000 ME 663,000 Phone Post 3.0

The UFC would go up against college football all the time when it was on spike.   The lowest viewed UFC fight night on spike is around 1.3m viewers.

Can you provide a listing of those statistics? Phone Post 3.0
What is your point? UFC was an established brand before it started running FN shows on SPIKE and Bellator isn't. Phone Post 3.0

what?  the UFC had less events than Bellator had when it first aired on spike.  the first fight night pulled 1.5m viewers.   

Bellator had over 80 events before it aired on spike... the UFC had less than 60.

9/10/13 5:12 PM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 09/10/13 5:13 PM

dble.

9/10/13 5:16 PM
MMALOGIC

Bellator Fan - 
MMALOGIC -
Bellator Fan - 
Bellator Fan -
MMALOGIC -
Bellator Fan - UFN 28 (Wed with no sports counter programming)
Prelims 249,000 MC 539,000

Bellator 98 (Sat going up against Notre Dame vs Mich and OU vs WVU)
MC 437,000 ME 663,000 Phone Post 3.0

The UFC would go up against college football all the time when it was on spike.   The lowest viewed UFC fight night on spike is around 1.3m viewers.

Can you provide a listing of those statistics? Phone Post 3.0
What is your point? UFC was an established brand before it started running FN shows on SPIKE and Bellator isn't. Phone Post 3.0

what?  the UFC had less events than Bellator had when it first aired on spike.  the first fight night pulled 1.5m viewers.   

Bellator had over 80 events before it aired on spike... the UFC had less than 60.

Bellator hasn't even completed year 1 on SPIKE. UFC was already a PPV entity long before SPIKE started airing it. The brand had a large following but wasn't mainstream. Comparing it Bellator at the same point is stupid and you know it. Phone Post 3.0

So you're saying bellator today isnt even on UFC's level from 8 years ago?  ok, cool.   Im glad we agree.

Now what pray tell do you think is going to happen with bellator?  you think they are going to build an audience on a firday night?

They had a full season with spikes best lead in (tna) and then had an entire season of a reality show.  And the numbers keep tanking.  You think now that they are moving to friday nights they are going to all of sudden take off?

Come on child...

9/10/13 5:24 PM
MMALOGIC

Bellator Fan - You will look positively at anything Bellator related so there's no point discussing it. Anything they do will draw an outlook of doom and gloom in your mind because that's what you want. Phone Post 3.0

just remember what I said...

move to a 10pm start: Hospital.

move to an 11pm start time: Cemetery.

9/10/13 5:46 PM
Se7enout

Bellator has been a free tv entity for 2 years befor moving to spike. That means fans didn't have to pay $50 like they did with ufc when it aired on spike. Also spike was lucky enough to jump into a spot ufc left behind.
Bellator should be pulling close to what ufc did.

Bellator average at 1.2 mil viewers and filling the hole the ufc left along with tna lead in... They should be killing it but they just don't have a very appealing product.
9/10/13 7:24 PM
epwar
638 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmmmm, interesting how Chris27 disappears and MMALOGIC appears. ;-)

9/10/13 7:33 PM
Se7enout

Bellator Fan - 
MMALOGIC -
Bellator Fan - You will look positively at anything Bellator related so there's no point discussing it. Anything they do will draw an outlook of doom and gloom in your mind because that's what you want. Phone Post 3.0

You also said they would be done long ago. The more failed predictions the better I guess. Phone Post 3.0

They were done long ago... Lol I think it is weird that as the Bellator vs Eddie a. Situation heated up more and more the ratings dropped more and more.
9/10/13 7:51 PM
Se7enout

Reed Rothchild - 
MMALOGIC -

Move to shitty 3rd rate network like FS1... Priceless Phone Post 3.0

Yea who would want to be affiliated with FOX? Or fox sports? Who would want to be lumped in with nfl, NHL and all the other major sports?
Fox has countless original content that is critically acclaimed. How many original spike programming breaks 3 million viewers let alone 30 million?
This Super Bowl the ufc and fs1 will have multiple commercials will spike and bellator? Fox 9 will garner millions of viewers... How many will the next Bellator pull? GSP vs Hendricks will likely sell over 700 thousand ppv. How many do you think page vs tito will pull?
Meh who would want any of that?
9/10/13 8:09 PM
Se7enout

Reed Rothchild - 
MMALOGIC -

Move to shitty 3rd rate network like FS1... Priceless Phone Post 3.0

Are you saying that Chris and logic are the same person? I doubt it. Different styles of writing. Different view points. But I guess when you no intelligent argument about the topic at hand then flaming the op is the only thing you can do to guide the conversation in a different direction...
9/10/13 8:24 PM
Se7enout

Kinda like mo newton fighting for interim title while the champ is healthy and forced to sit out, or like Eddie is getting? Yea Bellator would never give a title shot to a guy coming off a ko loss right?
9/10/13 8:33 PM
Se7enout

It is funny how people spew bullshit and have no idea what they are talking about. But rather then doing research and trying to understand they just pull shit out of their ass.
Fox is a huge tv station right? Could we say it is one of THE biggest stations in the world? Now they launch a couple of stations that they hope to use to battle espn with. To do that they need LOTS of live sporting events while they try to build their oringal programming. The ufc is providing that not because they have to but because they see the light at the end of the tunnel.
No other major sport has stepped up to help fox the way the ufc has. Do think that maybe possibly the ufc could be rewarded for this? Do you think that by being fs1's main and pretty much only draw that the ufc has increased its bargaining power?
Fox > Viacom ufc > Bellator.
Btw second teir sports don't get an entire day designated to them by a network like fox. Fs1 wed is ufc night. Fs2 is pretty much a ufc channel and fox carries 4 events a year. That is a far cry from second rate. But keep talking out your ass. Ou just look stupid. I am trying to educate you and help you understand and you just don't get it. Bellator is garbage and is a sinking ship dude.
9/10/13 8:58 PM
Chris27

epwar - 

Maybe because I had work to do? 

I'm not mmalogic, I have one account on this site, Chris27, same on Bloodyelbow, mmajunkie and CC27 on Sherdog. 

9/10/13 9:11 PM
Se7enout

Chris27 - 
epwar - 

Maybe because I had work to do? 

I'm not mmalogic, I have one account on this site, Chris27, same on Bloodyelbow, mmajunkie and CC27 on Sherdog. 

He is ignorant. Don't bother trying to explain anything to him.
9/10/13 11:01 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Bellator Fan - Not surprising considering that it went up against some huge college football matchups. Did about the same as the last UFC event on FS1 which went up against nothing sports wise. Phone Post 3.0
You are talking out of your ass. Ufc was against multiple sports, a redsox game included. Phone Post
9/10/13 11:03 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Bellator Fan - You will look positively at anything Bellator related so there's no point discussing it. Anything they do will draw an outlook of doom and gloom in your mind because that's what you want. Phone Post 3.0
And the exact opposite can be said about your trolling ass. Phone Post
9/10/13 11:25 PM
TheMessiah

Who cares.. Free fights are good for every MMA fan...

Enough of the Bellator vs UFC bullshit that takes up every thread now.. Phone Post
9/10/13 11:54 PM
jsdaugh34
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great fights and free! All an mma fan needs.
9/11/13 1:05 AM
B_Goetz

Fight Night is trending sharply downward on FS1 (1.78M, 824k, 539k). UFC 163 did a staggeringly awful 170k PPV buys. The TUF debut was the lowest in the series' history. It seems clear that whatever is effecting Bellator is industry-wide.

It's either that TV rating are down because it's summer, or the public's interest in MMA has waned, or both.
9/11/13 3:17 AM
moonrunrs

Steve4192 - 
Bellator Fan - 
Chris27 -
Steve4192 - MMALOGIC is going to be super-pissed you stole his thunder.

He will make his own thread on it shitting on them, dont worry. 

Hard for him to shit on them given the last UFC didn't do much better with no sports counter programming. Bellator 98 went up against Notre Dame vs Mich, OU vs WVU etc. Phone Post 3.0

That's all well and good if you are looking at it from a strictly 'UFC versus Bellator' perspective. The problem with that perspective is, it doesn't take into account the outlook of their broadcast partners.

The UFC's worst rating is still FIVE TIMES better than what alternate programming on FS1 draws. Bellator OTOH is drawing ratings well below what alternate programming on SpikeTV draws. Spike could cancel Bellator and IMPROVE their ratings by showing reruns of Bar Rescue and Cops. FS1 could not do the same. The UFC is the BY FAR their biggest ratings draw.

This argument is totally correct and is the point MMALOGIC constantly makes.
9/11/13 3:26 AM
moonrunrs

Morgz - 

I enjoy the Bellator events.  I couldn't watch this last one live, but still have it on my DVR waiting for me.  I guess that means I don't count in the numbers though.

You wouldn't count even if you watched it live. You are not a Nielen household (are you?), so your viewership doesn't count at all in the ratings.
9/11/13 6:18 AM
Chromium
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is not a good number any way you slice it. The upside is they should grow over the course of the season but that's a very harsh starting point.

Some constructive criticism for Bellator, instead of straight trashing: if they do another reality show, air the show during the Bellator season. Have the two shows shoulder each other during the week and have repeats of the reality show air after or before each Bellator card. They could build off each other.

As it is, I suspect Viacom is going to have an awful lot of patience with a property that they have majority ownership of, but their patience isn't endless. If ~500k is their permanent number they will die a slow death.

9/11/13 6:22 AM
mikinoki
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator delivered last night no matter what the ratings where!!!Schlemenko is a machine!!!
9/11/13 6:42 AM
stack321style
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reed Rothchild -
bryanand - Bellator needs to fix their fucking production, I'm tired of having to remember to program my DVR to record the show after their event every single time. UFC has no problem with their events fitting in the allotted time slot anymore, it's Mickey Mouse shit.

That's cuz the all UFC fights are a work Phone Post 3.0
Wait what really? Not in this whole battle since I just like watching MMA in general but really? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.