UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> 10% of RevGear sales to support Matt Grice

9/11/13 12:21 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1061 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Oklahoma City police officer and UFC featherweight Matt Grice is in critical condition following an accident on Sunday.

Grice was off duty when he was hit from behind at a red light in Pottawatomie County, OK. The 32-year-old underwent brain surgery Sunday night at Oklahoma University Presbyterian Hospital. He is currently in the ICU; he showed more brain activity on Monday by moving his eyes and dilation.

Revgear  is going to donate 10% from sales at Revgear.com to Matt Grice and his family. At the checkout you enter promo code “helpmatt” and 10% of your purchase goes to Matt.

to check out the RevGear store, click logo below:

9/11/13 12:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OSBtro11
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can I ask a serious question ? What is this money for I don't understand ? Phone Post
9/11/13 12:35 AM
teamquestnorth

Did the person that hit him have insurance? Does his job as a police officer cover an accident off duty? Hopefully it does. Props to revgear for donating 10% but u shouldnt need to enter a code. Phone Post
9/11/13 12:42 AM
BENDOver_and_took_it
1643 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/11/13 12:44 AM

Is there a way to donate directly? I would rather donate $25.00 to his family rather than $2.50. I am not knocking Revgear, I just don't need anything from Revgear at the moment. Deciding to forward 10% of their sales to a good cause is honorable for any  4 profit company.

9/11/13 12:52 AM
Ingrained Media
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ingrained Media, President
OSBtro11 -  Can I ask a serious question ? What is this money for I don't understand ? Phone Post

Not sure what medical insurance covers all bills not to mention wages lost from missing fights and work.
9/11/13 12:56 AM
letsgobois

BENDOver_and_took_it - 

Is there a way to donate directly? I would rather donate $25.00 to his family rather than $2.50. I am not knocking Revgear, I just don't need anything from Revgear at the moment. Deciding to forward 10% of their sales to a good cause is honorable for any  4 profit company.

9/11/13 1:52 AM
JorgePaez
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is a donation link on the other stickied thread. Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 2:44 AM
BENDOver_and_took_it
1643 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JorgePaez - There is a donation link on the other stickied thread. Phone Post 3.0

ty

9/11/13 4:43 AM
time traveling 12er
220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus, I guess it's true that no good deed goes unpunished and MMA fans are the whiniest ever. They don't need to do this. This clearly isn't for people who want to donate directly to Grice. This is an opportunity for someone who may already want to buy something to put some of that towards Grice and his family. So if you were planning on spending 50$ on some shorts anyways you can buy them here and $5 goes to matt, which otherwise would have just gone to some clothing company.

Here's the direct donation site:
https://hopemob.org/s/1re-matt-grice-donation-fund

If you're planning on buying gear, plug the code in and send some money to a good cause.
9/11/13 7:41 AM
gtownhoya
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_WarHunt - if they really wanted to do a good deed and help out, they would donate 100% of their revenue,

this is clearly a marketing ploy to get you to emotionally invest in a product that you may not have ever thought about investing in. Its compulsive buying.

i find this incredibly disturbing, even if they gave 100% they could still take it off their taxes, its not like it would hurt them that much. die in a fire revgear
Huh? If you want RevGear merchandise, buy it and they'll send 10% to a good cause. If you don't want RevGear merchandise, give directly or don't give at all. Nobody is forcing you to participate. If a member of my family faced similar circumstances, I'd be grateful for the assistance. Lest there be any hard feelings, I just donated $100 to the hopemob account for Matt. Cheers. Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 9:37 AM
ShakeR_

UGCTT_WarHunt - if they really wanted to do a good deed and help out, they would donate 100% of their revenue,

this is clearly a marketing ploy to get you to emotionally invest in a product that you may not have ever thought about investing in. Its compulsive buying.

i find this incredibly disturbing, even if they gave 100% they could still take it off their taxes, its not like it would hurt them that much. die in a fire revgear
Perfect illustration of one of the many UGers without an iota of business sense.

Revenue = the FULL amount of the sale.

I really hope you meant to say Profit, and don't really believe they should sell everything at a severe loss (which could potentially bankrupt them with enough volume).

That being said, I'm not on RevGear's side on this either. 10% is about what you would expect from any normal sale / promotion. If you're playing the 'humanitarian' card, it should be 50% - 100% of profit (which I'm guessing is 15 - 40% of revenue). Phone Post
9/11/13 9:38 AM
Allen Hood

Glad to see some bigger companies stepping up. Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 2:15 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
332 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Allen Hood - Glad to see some bigger companies stepping up. Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post
9/11/13 2:50 PM
likatiga
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's no reason to make this a negative thread, some of you people need to learn when your opinion is appropriate and when it is not. Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 4:34 PM
caseharts
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA

Damn dude calm down. They're trying to help. You're the problem. Whining about people trying to help.. Really... As a business owner who didn't have a ton of cash its usually invested in something I'd love to do stuff like this.

Who the fuck cares if they can write it off. Business taxes suck. Phone Post
9/11/13 4:36 PM
caseharts
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
UGCTT_WarHunt -
ShakeR_ - 

Perfect illustration of one of the many UGers without an iota of business sense.

Revenue = the FULL amount of the sale.

I really hope you meant to say Profit, and don't really believe they should sell everything at a severe loss (which could potentially bankrupt them with enough volume).

That being said, I'm not on RevGear's side on this either. 10% is about what you would expect from any normal sale / promotion. If you're playing the 'humanitarian' card, it should be 50% - 100% of profit (which I'm guessing is 15 - 40% of revenue). Phone Post

well i own a small business and i dont see why i would have no business sense even if i used the wrong word, which i didn't.

how many fight shorts do they give away in sponsorship? How many people would actually buy a product using this code?

100? so maybe matt gets 250 dollars. even if it was full part of their revenue that would probably be less than a ufc sponsorship.

I think they should have just given matt 1k to 5k and just reaped the praise for their kindness. or even just the 250. None of what i proposed would bankrupt the company in any way.

its bad timing and a poor attempt to get sympathy profit.
How do you know they won't make a lump sum donation in top of this? Phone Post
9/11/13 6:22 PM
tanner904

I kind of agree just 10% of a fairly unknown company seems more of a marketing now if tap out was doing it I wouldn't say that cause they sell alot no matter what this could be just a way for them to boost sales . It sounds heartless but I'd be lying if I said it didn't run thru my head. Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 6:32 PM
Bill Pharoni
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Marketing or not, this company is attempting to generate some cash for an injured fighter. This is a good thing.
9/11/13 6:45 PM
time traveling 12er
220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UG: experts at counting other peoples money.
9/11/13 6:46 PM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
Bill Pharoni - Marketing or not, this company is attempting to generate some cash for an injured fighter. This is a good thing.
. Phone Post
9/11/13 6:54 PM
MagSlim

HEY MODS....

Why did my post get deleted? The one where I was talking about how much money Revgear is going to make off Grice's accident.

They are going to make money off this deal if people buy this and they donate 10%, that's a fact, so why delete?

I support Grice, I'm not fighter bashing. I welcome someone from Revgear discussing this like a professional.

Obviously they emailed you that they didn't think my mentioning that they were going to be making money off this was respectful.

Well, I felt the same way about their post. So why the delete?
9/11/13 7:08 PM
time traveling 12er

MagSlim - HEY MODS....

Why did my post get deleted? The one where I was talking about how much money Revgear is going to make off Grice's accident.

They are going to make money off this deal if people buy this and they donate 10%, that's a fact, so why delete?

I support Grice, I'm not fighter bashing. I welcome someone from Revgear discussing this like a professional.

Obviously they emailed you that they didn't think my mentioning that they were going to be making money off this was respectful.

Probably because you're whining about a company trying to do a good thing. It's been fairly well spelled out here but people like you can't seem to get the message. The idea behind promotions like this is, if you're going to buy something you can do so here and have some of the profit go towards matt. Pretty simple. For people that want to donate directly there's a link. Honestly people like you make me sick. All you contribute to the world is bitching and tears.
9/11/13 8:00 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2372 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Revgear has been a big supporter of Franks Fight...Putting Franks logo on Chris Camozzi's fight shorts... I don't think they are trying to capitalize on an injured fighter, I believe they truly do care about MMA Fans and fighters!

And...as a biz owner myself (catering/mobile Food) who participates in Fund raisers (Diabetes walk, School fundraiser, Music Foundations...) the average amount Asked for by the charity is 10-20%. I wish I was Filthy Stinking rich and could donate 100% of my profits to these charity's but I can't ...YET... I have to cover cost of operations, Food and Employees. I think Revgear is trying to do this man a solid.

My 2 Pennies Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 10:43 PM
MagSlim

time traveling 12er -
MagSlim - HEY MODS....

Probably because you're whining about a company trying to do a good thing. It's been fairly well spelled out here but people like you can't seem to get the message. The idea behind promotions like this is, if you're going to buy something you can do so here and have some of the profit go towards matt. Pretty simple. For people that want to donate directly there's a link. Honestly people like you make me sick. All you contribute to the world is bitching and tears.
Susan G. Komen, say hi to her for me. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 12:22 AM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
UGCTT_WarHunt -
caseharts - 

Damn dude calm down. They're trying to help. You're the problem. Whining about people trying to help.. Really... As a business owner who didn't have a ton of cash its usually invested in something I'd love to do stuff like this.

Who the fuck cares if they can write it off. Business taxes suck. Phone Post

I'm really not try to belabor my point on revgear's apparent legerdemain, but no one knows what their motive truly was, except them.

when you proclaim a philanthropic intent publicly, i'm going to be suspicious. "But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,"

I think its important for people to point out its better to give directly than to be sucked into indirectly helping when the majority of profits go to revgear. Its been such a widely used tactic by corporate interests that it disturbs me whenever i see it.

im not pretending to know anything about revgears motives and i do think any help is good help, so take what i said for what its worth to you.
I understand suspicion but if you have followed Rev gear you'd notice they seem to be very giving. They compete with me and I notice it. I agree always donate more when you have the option. They're just giving you a choice. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.