UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> BJ vs. Frankie on TUF, Will Fight at 145

9/12/13 12:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tomato Can
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Malvert the Janitor - 
Tomato Can - The Rampage/Wand comparison is terrible. Wand is OLDER than Rampage, and Wand was the one coming into that fight having lost 3 of his last 4.
Fine. Name another 0-2 series in which the third fight had a differing outcome than the first two. How about Peter Aerts and Ernesto Hoost? Peter beat Ernesto twice and then Ernesto beat him. How does that work for you? We can do this all day...

It's not unprecedented. That was my only point. Phone Post 3.0

Again I don't really see the parallel. Didn't Hoost and Aerts fight like half a dozen times and all of them were very close?

Sure, I'm sure you can find cases where a guy went 0-2 and then won the 3rd fight, but that's sort of an oversimplification of the situation.
9/12/13 12:51 PM
Wasa-B
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Malvert the Janitor - You detractors are right..

There is absolutely no precedent for a fighter winning a third fight after being beaten twice before...

Phone Post 3.0

Always wondered if this was the only triology that went down the way it did?
9/12/13 12:55 PM
Malvert the Janitor
559 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tomato Can -
Malvert the Janitor - 
Tomato Can - The Rampage/Wand comparison is terrible. Wand is OLDER than Rampage, and Wand was the one coming into that fight having lost 3 of his last 4.
Fine. Name another 0-2 series in which the third fight had a differing outcome than the first two. How about Peter Aerts and Ernesto Hoost? Peter beat Ernesto twice and then Ernesto beat him. How does that work for you? We can do this all day...

It's not unprecedented. That was my only point. Phone Post 3.0

Again I don't really see the parallel. Didn't Hoost and Aerts fight like half a dozen times and all of them were very close?

Sure, I'm sure you can find cases where a guy went 0-2 and then won the 3rd fight, but that's sort of an oversimplification of the situation.
Sure. Anything is an oversimplification until the actual fight. There are too many dynamic factors that could potentially come into play so discounting a different outcome is just as preposterous as assuming the same outcome.

Both have taken damage since their last fight. BJ doesn't like being away from his family and he's signed on to be away from them for a long time. There are a ton of contributing issues....Christ, this far out its very likely one of them will take an injury so the fight even happening is no guarantee.

Anything can happen. I don't see Frankie as so far beyond BJ that a different outcome couldn't happen. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 1:06 PM
sside maurice
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Wand was the one coming into that fight having lost 3 of his last 4."

Frankie also has lost 3 of his last 4.
9/12/13 1:14 PM
1a1
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really dont like this match up, glad to see BJ back but I think this is another excuse to have Frankie fight for the title. He is a bad match up for BJ and who knows where Bj's head is. Best case scenario is another Close decision where everyone bitches. Worst case is BJ comes to fight for two min gets discouraged and does nothing. Coming off of losses BJ should be given a gimmie fight to build his confidence back. This is a gift to Frankie to put him in another title fight.
9/12/13 1:20 PM
Tomato Can
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sside maurice - "Wand was the one coming into that fight having lost 3 of his last 4."

Frankie is coming off a win and 2/3 of those losses were razor-thin.

Penn has lost 2 straight and they were both one-sided beatdowns.

Let's just say Penn has a LOT working against him in this fight and it just sucks a lot of the drama out of it for me. I certainly hope they're not going to try and headline a PPV with this.
9/12/13 1:27 PM
Malvert the Janitor
559 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tomato Can -
sside maurice - "Wand was the one coming into that fight having lost 3 of his last 4."

Frankie is coming off a win and 2/3 of those losses were razor-thin.

Penn has lost 2 straight and they were both one-sided beatdowns.

Let's just say Penn has a LOT working against him in this fight and it just sucks a lot of the drama out of it for me. I certainly hope they're not going to try and headline a PPV with this.
One thing he doesn't have against him in this fight is a former/potential middleweight opponent.

Frankie has beaten BJ, yes. But, IMO, he can't hurt him like the monsters BJ is used to fighting. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 1:29 PM
Mojo514
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJ Penn vs Frankie Edgar III? at 145 pounds? IN!
9/12/13 1:32 PM
kevsh
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't care about who he fights I'm just happy Penn is back.
9/12/13 1:34 PM
Mojo514

n their coaching TUF?? Sick!
9/12/13 1:37 PM
AWdub

paluka - really? Fuck these trilogies. Its the same fuckin fight. Who cares? BJ came back already 4-5 times. Always the same shit.
No one said you had to watch. Phone Post
9/12/13 1:41 PM
AWdub

ChaosOverkill -

There is absolutely no precedent for a fighter winning a third fight after being beaten twice before...

Phone Post 3.0

I'm personally happy he's back I just want him to get rid of the "Fuck em up BJ" "You the man BJ" Yes men corner people.

Edgar is not a cakewalk and he needs people that will help him adjust mid fight not tell him he's doing fine no matter what he does.

This. All I can remember from the second fight was his corner men saying dumb shit like "go get that little shit bj" or "you know what you have to do, he's not better than you"
How about some real corner advice for once? Phone Post
9/12/13 3:30 PM
stebrillz
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't think he would make that weight tbh, interesting to see what he's still got Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 4:54 PM
UVolt
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AWdub -
ChaosOverkill -

Phone Post 3.0

I'm personally happy he's back I just want him to get rid of the "Fuck em up BJ" "You the man BJ" Yes men corner people.

Edgar is not a cakewalk and he needs people that will help him adjust mid fight not tell him he's doing fine no matter what he does.

This. All I can remember from the second fight was his corner men saying dumb shit like "go get that little shit bj" or "you know what you have to do, he's not better than you"
This. Get rid of Parillo's meathead ass and get some smart cornermen. Can't stand that tough guy wannabe. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 5:05 PM
UGCTT_Shope
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 6:45 PM
Chris Weidened My Sphincter
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just wish he was fighting someone other than Edgar. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 6:47 PM
Malvert the Janitor

Holy size difference, Batman!! Glad those days are done!!

Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 6:48 PM
Malvert the Janitor

Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 6:50 PM
Malvert the Janitor

Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 6:51 PM
Malvert the Janitor

Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 6:55 PM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Scrolled through the news, saw this. Wtf?!? At 145?! WTF?!?! Awesomeness Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 6:59 PM
teamquestnorth

It fucking sucks that we have to wait until april for this. Thats a long time away! Phone Post
9/12/13 7:04 PM
Malvert the Janitor

teamquestnorth - It fucking sucks that we have to wait until april for this. Thats a long time away! Phone Post
BJ's likely pretty heavy. He needs the time. This is him in July...

Spare tire is spare... Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 7:16 PM
Devlin
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UVolt -
AWdub -
ChaosOverkill -

Phone Post 3.0

This. Get rid of Parillo's meathead ass and get some smart cornermen. Can't stand that tough guy wannabe. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah it has to be frustrating when yout getting beat and getting zero good advice, frustrates me as a fan lol. Phone Post
9/12/13 7:33 PM
Matt Phillips
621 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Malvert the Janitor -
teamquestnorth - It fucking sucks that we have to wait until april for this. Thats a long time away! Phone Post
BJ's likely pretty heavy. He needs the time. This is him in July...

Spare tire is spare... Phone Post 3.0
I have that shirt...Roots of Fight owns Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.