UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> BJ vs. Frankie on TUF, Will Fight at 145

9/11/13 8:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lynchman
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Conor_Max'd_out_XIITT_Bozys_Anus -  Did they announce the weight classes for this season. Will it be 145 ers as well? Phone Post

Pretty sure it is MW and LHW.
9/11/13 8:25 PM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wooooooooo! Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 8:26 PM
Skmiasma
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kick Boxe -

Never seen a fighter more delusional than BJ.

Love that little man but he is gonna get owned the worst of all 3 matches

My thoughts exactly Phone Post
9/11/13 8:29 PM
iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz

Lol at this. Edgar's gonna beat him down so much worse than the other 2 times Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 8:29 PM
Flave

Edited: 09/11/13 8:31 PM
Rightly or wrongly, feels increasingly rare to hear this kind of exciting news in mma now. I know it might not make a whole lot of sense and i realise the shortcomings that BJ has experienced in his career vs potential...but am very excited to see BJ in new weight class - looking forward to this very much, hope he comes to fight!!

Oh and i think that BJ can win handily if he comes in any sorta shape (which with the weight i assume he will) and can come with any sorta aggression (which i worry about slightly at this stage as a father etc)
9/11/13 8:31 PM
Silverball
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That is going to be one hell of a long layoff in between fights, in addition to moving down two weight classes. I'm a huge BJ fan, so I'm stoked obviously. Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 8:32 PM
AWdub

badrun - Not only is this fight lackluster, it's also very hard to believe that BJ Penn can make 145.
He can make it no problem. Should probably be his natural weight class but he doesn't like to diet and not eat. Phone Post
9/11/13 8:33 PM
ThatDudeButch
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would love to see BJ step out of his comfort zone, head to team alpha male and do nothing but drill sprawling and conditioning for four months and make it a blood bath. Phone Post
9/11/13 8:35 PM
daba

Don't see BJ winning vs Frankie this at this stage in his career. He was robbed of the decision in the first fight but he also wasn't close to winning the second fight. BJ is not what he once was.
9/11/13 8:37 PM
MisterHawkeMMA

I like the fight. To get BJ to move down to 145 (where he belongs) he was going to have to be super motivated. And I think getting to fight Frankie is even more motivating than a title fight for him.

If he loses, he can retire. If he wins, then you can justify a title fight with Aldo. Win-win.
9/11/13 8:38 PM
Barbalos

Doesnt matter what weight he is, BJ doesnt train with the yesmen he surrounds himself with. Expect another devastating loss.
9/11/13 8:38 PM
The artist formerly known as
795 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

H O L Y       S H I T 

9/11/13 8:39 PM
Brigham
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO EXCITED
EyeRish
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I came Phone Post
Jaybrone
425 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frankie by decision.

Sadly this is a move BJ should have made 3 years ago at least.

9/11/13 8:41 PM
rnunz
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm crying. Malvert! Where you at homie?! Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 8:41 PM
2Fort
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really wanted to see Edgar vs Mendes, but this fight should be exciting. Looking forward to BJ's return.
9/11/13 8:42 PM
ajsr
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJ really should have always been fighting at 145. I'm happy to see him fighting again, especially at a more appropriate weight.
9/11/13 8:43 PM
Wasa-B
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmm.....not sure about this. How will BJ really feel/do at 145? Only 1 way to find out I guess and suppose this may make a good matchup for TUF coaches but.....with the divs as they are right now at FW and LW, Id rather BJ come back to LW and Frankie stick it out for a while at FW.

FW is maybe the sickest right now with Aldo, Mendes, Swanson, Lamas, TKZ and Edgar and with the potential Aldo/Pettis superfight and with Aldo potentially moving up to LW soon.

We have a new LW champ that could potentially fight the FW champ, no one knows where/what weight, Bendo still in the mix (i think he'll come back strong), TJ, Melendez who arguably beat Ben...I think BJ is more needed there.

Never the less BJ at 145 is intriguing but....he has been that weight since his BJJ/pre-UFC days though at the same time, the UFC did not have a FW div at that time.......the WW excursion lasted too long.....not sure how i feel about this.....exciting though at least.
9/11/13 8:43 PM
Wasa-B
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

45forever - BJ at 145....
That means his conditioning will HAVE to be on form.
Fuck,I am excited.
Not sure how good this is for frankie though. Phone Post 3.0

Not necessarily.

145 may be too big a cut for him and he's older now...
9/11/13 8:44 PM
Grand master dave lang

FaQ2 -
AnakinHelwani -

FUCK YEAH!!! Phone Post 3.0
Yessssss!!!! Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 8:45 PM
Gerbacio
625 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/11/13 8:46 PM
Wasa-B

Malvert the Janitor - So let's review...

BJ will fight at 145 (Marv, please..)
Was the 155 champ
Was the 170 champ
Went 2-0 at 185
And fought Machia when Machia weighed 220...

How can anyone disparage this man???

Phone Post 3.0

Lets not forget he was the 170 champ by submitting the undisputed #1 guy at that weight that was dominating the div and is still likely the #2 WW GOAT and he nearly beat him 3 times too.

Lets not forget BJ gave the actual WW GOAT everything he could handle the first time and lets not forget that it was BJ moving up yet again to face a prime GSP for the rematch.

BJ tapping Hughes is one of the biggest upsets in MMA history. BJ is also underated as one of the GOATs right now.
9/11/13 8:47 PM
Wasa-B

FedorEmilioEstevez - Not interested. BJ will kill himself getting to that weight and lose again to Frankie.

BJ needs to be at 155 Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, everyone is automatically thinking lower weight = better version of said fighter.

The above could well play out instead.
9/11/13 8:47 PM
UGCTT_ConditFryedKampmannRare
806 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frankie is going to retire BJ Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.