HexRei
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MursSkullForBarnettsThrone - Proposal 1. Find time machine
Proposal 2. Kill newmans mother Phone Post 3.0

VU for efficiency!
9/12/13 11:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MexiCain AmeriCain
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL, those fat fucks wouldn't make it through the first day of workouts. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 11:31 PM
Tat2tillidie
366 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MursSkullForBarnettsThrone - Proposal 1. Find time machine
Proposal 2. Kill newmans mother Phone Post 3.0
VTFU for making me laugh ... Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 11:40 PM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hello, Newman.

9/12/13 11:41 PM
BENDOver_and_took_it
1654 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kudos for trying

Kudos for execution

Kudos for effort

Failure, missed the mark

9/12/13 11:46 PM
NotTheNoobURLooking4

9/13/13 12:21 AM
newman2020

Mr Bungle -

The people who are complaining about TUF must not have seen last season's or any of this seasons fights.  Last year, with Uriah Hall looking like a beast the whole show and Kelvin Gastelum coming out of no where and looking like he can become an excellent prospect, and the level of talent (female talent, at the least) of this seasons TUF is pretty remarkable.  I get that some MMA fans had given up on TUF a few seasons back, but if you aren't watching these new seasons because of how the sport was shown in such a terrible light in the past, your totally missing out now.  Seems like ever since the move to FOX channels, FX and now FS1, the show has been given a much needed and refreshing face lift and has become compelling (sports) television.  And with the level of talent and the people who make it thru the tournament actually seem to be diamonds in the rough.  Just look at Kelvin.  That guy is a beast and he literally came out of nowhere last season.  Totally unassuming physique, but when he steps inside the octagon, something happens to that guy and he changes. 

In short, if your not watching TUF, your probably missing out.

Dude I love TUF watch it fucking religiously. I'm not wanting it to go away at all this would be a whole new concept. I mean it would be good the sport I would pull ridiculous sponsors (weight loss products make well over a billion dollars a year ) so the sport would make money off that. There are amazing coaches out there that just don't have the money to keep going, this would help them with exposure as well as with the new gym they would get. As for the contestants I mean look at Roy Nelson , with his knock out power imagine that dude with some cardio, you can look to find that in a contestant of course after that person was in shape. And it would be awesome to see someone's career from the very beginning through hopefully a top 10 in respective weight classes if not a Champion Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 10:48 AM
newman2020

Colboyo - Proposal 3.
Let Newman run the UFC when Dana retires.
Not sure if trolling or for real but VTFU for creativity Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 9:58 PM
newman2020

Mike Russell - 

Hello, Newman.

Hello.
9/13/13 10:42 PM
MMA Playwright
615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IhaveDSL'SforPettis - What in the dog shit is going on here? Phone Post 3.0

9/13/13 10:47 PM
ChaosOverkill
468 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Supercalo is that you?!

9/13/13 10:55 PM
time traveling 12er
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What benefit does proposal give to the UFC? It creates artificial barriers that'll just make matchmaking harder while not really benefiting anyone.

Proposal 2 kills one of the biggest benefits that TUF gives to the UFC, which is creating interest in lower tier fighters. Aside from sneaking in some prospects to pimp out, TUF is really a can factory. It creates cans that people will recognize and care about that they can fill under-cards with and use to pad up prospects fight records. The more people you recognize on a persons fight record the more meaningful it will be.

They already sort of did the average joe thing by letting on guys every season that had no fight records but they stopped doing that for good reason.
9/13/13 11:02 PM
Augustus Caesar
919 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/14/13 3:58 PM
newman2020

Edited: 09/14/13 4:06 PM
time traveling 12er - What benefit does proposal give to the UFC? It creates artificial barriers that'll just make matchmaking harder while not really benefiting anyone.Proposal 2 kills one of the biggest benefits that TUF gives to the UFC, which is creating interest in lower tier fighters. Aside from sneaking in some prospects to pimp out, TUF is really a can factory. It creates cans that people will recognize and care about that they can fill under-cards with and use to pad up prospects fight records. The more people you recognize on a persons fight record the more meaningful it will be.They already sort of did the average joe thing by letting on guys every season that had no fight records but they stopped doing that for good reason.

sorry had to edit this a reply

proposal 1-opens the roster for more fighters. It would make it alot easier. You can then put people who arent winning on lower cards. And if they lose there then their gone. It would also gague the up and coming fighters its a win win for the organization you put a new guy(who is hyped up) vs. an established fighter. that would pull draws.

Proposal 2-they both exist. the aspect to to change more then like 1 or 2 peoples lives would be great, even the losers will drastically have their lives chaged for the better , by weight loss the ufc could still make money off them by getting a % of what they my by sposering products. and they would get offers like that . Everyone loves an insperational story period. You help the winners and the Gym Owners.

So by all this the UFC will get opened up to new veiwers and sponsers.

I mean you could get soccer moms on bored with this everyone wins.
9/14/13 4:12 PM
deadlysyn

Good laugh for the day Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 4:34 PM
OGT
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guess I'll kick you while you're down Phone Post
9/14/13 5:03 PM
Tolstolobic

HI KKM Phone Post
9/14/13 5:11 PM
UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So, that was it the whole time?
9/14/13 5:14 PM
NAKMEEZY

Pass the reefer!
9/14/13 6:49 PM
dhughes
306 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/15/13 2:07 PM
newman2020

Media Monster -  You have good concepts but there are holes. First, your outcome of it all is very 'pie in the sky' and that's normal because it's your idea.
Show-pitch wise, you'll never know how your viewers will react to a new program until it premieres . IMO I think using UFC fit and helping everyday people is a great way to get a new audience or demo, but throwing in everyday Joes into the octagon & telling them to scrap is not.

Fighters are cut from a different cloth. You throw Joe Average in with limited experience after he made the best weight cut off his life and he gets brutally KO'd - what's the message there?
Fighting is dangerous? We all know that, and so do does this new audience you're going after.
Let them spar to keep it safe? You cheapen the product.

The baseball concept is interesting though. I like the idea of green pros fighting in small shows for contracts and recognition via the internet.
Shouldn't do it on facebook though, you'll need a better platform where you can really monetize the card. Stream on UFC .com/app only without the option of skipping ads is what I would do.

In the end you have to be in the black, otherwise what's the point. This is equally a sport and business after all. Phone Post

First of course before any show gets produced it goes through a focus group, so we would see if it would apeal to everyone i think it would reach to.

Second there is no doubt fighters are cut from a different cloth. But wouldnt be a great story of a guy who used to be this great former athlete in his eyes " im talking like highschool stud." who has just made some choice decions in life or who just never got the chance to really accel and then this show would have gave him the chance and what if this guy became an amazing champion, not only amazing but he was exciting. Thats the kind of story everone Loves.

And as Dana has said many time , "people love to watch fighting it's in our DNA."

Now the aspect that fighting is a dangerous sport, it is ultimately less dangerous then most big sports. A tad bit more violent , well to some veiwers yes but its obviously going to make it big I mean it is now on global TV.

And no not let them spar do the guy and soon to be women of TUF just spar at the end, I dont think so. At this shows finally everone would be on the same page for a reason so someone does not get their head knocked off. They are training all together on the show learning from scratch. And be fore you jhit on my other point above, yes you can forget stuff you learned say 10 to 15 years before.

And the baseball aspect would help build these fighters through training and the entire system. yes these folks would be on tv to start but then they go to the bottom and work their way up so everytime they fight it could be a draw at every level because you got to see these people in a different light.

Everyone loves a feel good story and thats what this show would be. And yes it would make a ton of money and could possibly put the UFC infront of football in the US.

How do i think this could happen, well football for example honestly has Women fans not just women who watch with thei boyfriend/Husband. There are women out there that will sit and watch a game because they like the sport. That sport is very , Huminized and alot of people still see MMA as a "Human Cock Fight". I do not , for obvious reasons.

Doing something like this show would open the mind of a lot of people. And change it.

This can and would work.

But if anyone has any better ideas please post.

On that note there was a UGER awhile back that I spoke with back and forth on the forum, who had an idea which i think would make the Baseball aspect really work. Again this was not my idea i just thought that it was interesting. To franchize the local shows. this would also be a safe net for the UFC so they do not lose money on the chance.

I think that would work. So any other holes need filled guys?

9/15/13 2:08 PM
Mustard Tiger
386 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/15/13 2:11 PM
Mustard Tiger
386 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

newman2020 - So any other holes need filled guys?
9/15/13 2:18 PM
newman2020

Mustard Tiger - 
newman2020 - So any other holes need filled guys?

I cant see your first post so if there was a qustion there sorry.
9/15/13 2:42 PM
HereticMMA

"A kind of TUF meets the biggest loser (I think would be great for fox)
In this I mean take average Joes and unknown coaches / small gyms
The Joes would be overweight men and women no more than 50 pounds/over the weight class limit this mean we could pick and choose exactly what we’re looking for, And try to get the perfect height or reach for a specific weight class."

This could be the worst idea I've ever heard. This is going to wreck the sport.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.