UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> ATTN Dfwjr- rough copy of what was sent

9/15/13 3:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
newman2020
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HereticMMA - "A kind of TUF meets the biggest loser (I think would be great for fox)
In this I mean take average Joes and unknown coaches / small gyms
The Joes would be overweight men and women no more than 50 pounds/over the weight class limit this mean we could pick and choose exactly what we’re looking for, And try to get the perfect height or reach for a specific weight class."

This could be the worst idea I've ever heard. This is going to wreck the sport.

I'm up for debate, please tell me how this would kill the sport?

(Also if anyone did read this, I clearly stated this isnt't happening, so just throwing that out there I just stated that I thought this would be a good idea to grow the sport, this show can even be adapted to other countries, to please their viewers , because every country is not over weight. Yes I even planned for that question.)
9/15/13 4:09 PM
Triangle Choked
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Augustus Caesar -

Purrfect Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 10:23 AM
newman2020

Nothing alright then. Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 11:01 AM
NukSooCow
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did we all walk in on a pitch meeting? Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 11:07 AM
kungfugrip

a billion dollar company will jump at taking advise from...who the fuck are you again?
9/17/13 11:26 AM
canofsticks
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bring fatties who would like to try mma out for a bit and lose weight and give them the biggest stage to do it on while ignoring the actual fighters who train and work their ass off everyday in local shows with the hopes that one day, they might impress a major promotion enough to get some fights with them.

OP you really are a fuckface.
9/17/13 11:38 AM
newman2020

canofsticks - bring fatties who would like to try mma out for a bit and lose weight and give them the biggest stage to do it on while ignoring the actual fighters who train and work their ass off everyday in local shows with the hopes that one day, they might impress a major promotion enough to get some fights with them.

No not really I just don't think your grasping the whole big picture, one this opens the already billion dollar business up to new advertisers. Which will what... Make them more money. Two the whole local fight scene will help local fights get noticed and get this they already be I'm the UFC hints local UFC shows , I thought that was obvious but I guess you have to break everything down for the UGERS. And third yes you'll have these people who lost tons of weight and my not like the sport , although the average UFC fan the 18-35 male demographic is over weight. Ok all that aside you'll at the very least find one of these small gyms help then to grow and let people know "hey we're here and know how to train you." That will make this sport bigger then ever because people who train watch. It's a win all the way around seriously!

Do you see any other major sports do this, no they do t because they get their guys right out of high school and college. And last time I checked no state athletic commission has a college or high school MMA conference, wrestling yes which is a great base don't get me wrong but it's call mixed martial arts for a reason. You gotta mix it up! Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 11:55 AM
ruazombie66
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I understand the concept but the smaller promotions already act as tier 1 2 3 tier in fighting. The ufc gets to cherry pick from the smaller circuits no need for them to control them. Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 12:17 PM
xaeo

newman2020 -
canofsticks - bring fatties who would like to try mma out for a bit and lose weight and give them the biggest stage to do it on while ignoring the actual fighters who train and work their ass off everyday in local shows with the hopes that one day, they might impress a major promotion enough to get some fights with them.

No not really I just don't think your grasping the whole big picture, one this opens the already billion dollar business up to new advertisers. Which will what... Make them more money. Two the whole local fight scene will help local fights get noticed and get this they already be I'm the UFC hints local UFC shows , I thought that was obvious but I guess you have to break everything down for the UGERS. And third yes you'll have these people who lost tons of weight and my not like the sport , although the average UFC fan the 18-35 male demographic is over weight. Ok all that aside you'll at the very least find one of these small gyms help then to grow and let people know "hey we're here and know how to train you." That will make this sport bigger then ever because people who train watch. It's a win all the way around seriously!

Do you see any other major sports do this, no they do t because they get their guys right out of high school and college. And last time I checked no state athletic commission has a college or high school MMA conference, wrestling yes which is a great base don't get me wrong but it's call mixed martial arts for a reason. You gotta mix it up! Phone Post 3.0
*rolls eyes* it's hard to want equal opportunity for the mentally handicapped when they post shit like this Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 2:15 PM
MOAOZINHO

I actually sat here and read his entire post. Do you guys think this is a troll, or really some guy who wants to push his concept to the UFC?

I can't tell...and thus it might be brilliant (if troll), or a fucking idiot (if real)
9/17/13 2:18 PM
random_muppett
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill -

Supercalo is that you?!

Calo wishes he was this good.

Vtfu for enthusiasm OP Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 2:23 PM
Trueman range
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paper view or pay per view?? Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 2:41 PM
RedDragons
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WOW!!! The pure, oozing hatred and vitriol that Newman's thread has drawn out of the UG is unparalleled by any recent offerings.

Bravo Newman....bravo for your insane rambling and invitation for the UG mob to dismember you in a virtual manner.
9/17/13 2:45 PM
RedDragons
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mustard Tiger - 

Thank you....almost pissed myself laughing. VTFU.
9/17/13 2:53 PM
kingwank

Op got leg kicked to the head. Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 3:03 PM
CindyO

RedDragons - 
Mustard Tiger - 

Thank you....almost pissed myself laughing. VTFU.

I can't stop watching it!!!

Cindy

9/17/13 4:01 PM
PrettyBoy
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MOAOZINHO - I actually sat here and read his entire post. Do you guys think this is a troll, or really some guy who wants to push his concept to the UFC?

I can't tell...and thus it might be brilliant (if troll), or a fucking idiot (if real)
I'm with you... Im leaning towards troll. I can't actually bring myself to believe that a guy who claims to be an adult would not have researched the concept of how the MMA biz works to such an extent that he is saying paper view before reaching out countless times to the President of the largest organization in the world. Not to mention that all his ideas are so surface level they can be seen from a mile away. What's next man... I got it! How about a show where a successful MMA gym owner goes around and shows failing gyms how to turn a profit!!

It's like the asshats that go on American idol who can't sing... Is it because they just want to be on tv.... Or are they really delusional enough to think they can sing? Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 5:52 PM
newman2020

PrettyBoy -
MOAOZINHO - I actually sat here and read his entire post. Do you guys think this is a troll, or really some guy who wants to push his concept to the UFC?

I'm with you... Im leaning towards troll. I can't actually bring myself to believe that a guy who claims to be an adult would not have researched the concept of how the MMA biz works to such an extent that he is saying paper view before reaching out countless times to the President of the largest organization in the world. Not to mention that all his ideas are so surface level they can be seen from a mile away. What's next man... I got it! How about a show where a successful MMA gym owner goes around and shows failing gyms how to turn a profit!!

It's like the asshats that go on American idol who can't sing... Is it because they just want to be on tv.... Or are they really delusional enough to think they can sing? Phone Post 3.0
Ok pretty boy lets do this shit!
1. Not a troll
2. Heaven forbid my phone has auto correct and it came out that way my bad. It's pay-per view.
3. It's called a FUCKING concept. Hasn't gone any where and probably won't I'm fine with that.
4. I'm well aware of how much money and time it takes to produce a tv show or even put on an event.
5. And until any of you mutha fuckers come up with anything better , then to get on one guys dick and ride it, please shut your mouth. Get out of your parents basement and do something besides sit on the UG and masturbate. Please go be fucking productive somewhere. Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 7:55 PM
CindyO

Newman, what is your intent with this thread? DW hasn't seen this thread nor will he because he already said he wasn't open to your pitch (or anyone elses) so to plaster it here for him is pointless.

The phone call you got from him was because he didn't know you were the same person he had already said NO about listening to. He figured it out on the phone though, hence you not getting a call back when it was "dropped".

If you submitted your idea through Endeavor as instructed your best bet would have been to wait to hear if there is any interest, not spam a message board and then argue with those chiming in with their opinions. Just FYI.

Cindy

9/17/13 7:58 PM
dhughes
311 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO - 

Newman, what is your intent with this thread? DW hasn't seen this thread nor will he because he already said he wasn't open to your pitch (or anyone elses) so to plaster it here for him is pointless.

The phone call you got from him was because he didn't know you were the same person he had already said NO about listening to. He figured it out on the phone though, hence you not getting a call back when it was "dropped".

If you submitted your idea through Endeavor as instructed your best bet would have been to wait to hear if there is any interest, not spam a message board and then argue with those chiming in with their opinions. Just FYI.

Cindy

Powerful post. VU for "brutal" honesty.
9/17/13 8:07 PM
Condit_2139
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO -

Cindy

VU for telling it how it is. Someone post the Cody Mckenzie "shit just got real" gif haha! Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 10:02 PM
NomoRomophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subbed way late. Phone Post 3.0
9/18/13 1:01 AM
MOAOZINHO

CindyO - 

Cindy

HOLY CHRIST!!!

Cindy,

You mean to tell me that this 'Newman' guy really had the opportunity to pitch this concept to Dana White?! For the love of God, please describe to me Dana's reaction!

Please, just cut and paste Newman's original post on this thread and film Dana reading it. I can almost see Dana's eyes slowly lifting off the paper and onto the camera...
9/20/13 5:47 AM
Mustard Tiger
386 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO - 

Cindy

9/20/13 6:29 AM
UGCTT_Bromovich
478 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What? Sutton, 2013, this is how we do.
New man ting pradaaaactions!
This one goes out to little Garry Patel, on lock since 2009, i feel your pain bruvar... Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.