UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Shayna Baszler's TUF Blog about tonight's ep.

9/13/13 9:46 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Leck Brosnar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KZTT_W85 - 
jTheHybridwolff -
Stonemann -
jTheHybridwolff - 
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun -
jTheHybridwolff - TTT for Shayna
confidants or cockiness either way I'm a fan not going to let one fight on a tv show change that Phone Post 3.0

You part of the Queens Army? lol
Lol sure if it means I'm a fan of hers and I'm not going to let a known highly edited show skew my opinion on her she lost looked bad but IMO she takes that fight 9 out of 10 times Phone Post 3.0

Member since before 2001,and I rarely post. "I Never vote", but VTFU for this. Shaynas getting side-swiped, and I aint budging.Editing, mis-direction, what-EVER. You people have the wrong impression of Shayna, it's sad.
Thank you sir !
It's true we all know they edit the hell out of this show but It's Ez to give your 2cents based on whatcha watched on tv last night or the night before Phone Post 3.0
I'm not really arguing any side here but I just want to point out that her blog is the thing that really seemed to fuel this fire and that was not 'highly edited'

It was written 3 months later by her. That can't be put down to being emotional after a loss etc... Or bad editing. Phone Post 3.0

Truth. But I'm sure these fans just say that blog is edited too, lol. So happy people like her lose, show some humility ffs, atleast after the fight.
9/13/13 9:51 AM
Glovegate

jTheHybridwolff - 
Stonemann -
jTheHybridwolff - 
confidants or cockiness either way I'm a fan not going to let one fight on a tv show change that Phone Post 3.0

Lol sure if it means I'm a fan of hers and I'm not going to let a known highly edited show skew my opinion on her she lost looked bad but IMO she takes that fight 9 out of 10 times Phone Post 3.0

Member since before 2001,and I rarely post. "I Never vote", but VTFU for this. Shaynas getting side-swiped, and I aint budging.Editing, mis-direction, what-EVER. You people have the wrong impression of Shayna, it's sad.
Thank you sir !
It's true we all know they edit the hell out of this show but It's Ez to give your 2cents based on whatcha watched on tv last night or the night before Phone Post 3.0

To be fair, she never denied acting the way they portrayed her.  In fact, her blog post confirms all that and more.  She still claims she's better and that she'd win 99 times out of 100.

The entire post was hers.  Everything that was typed out and submitted, she chose to say.  And it was some of the most egomaniacal stuff I've ever seen in this sport, from men or women. 

It's not correct to blame it on editing.

9/13/13 9:52 AM
Leck Brosnar

Edited: 09/13/13 9:53 AM
http://imgur.com/gallery/kA9lQOm

Had to post, atleast the queen of spades ruins someones day.
9/13/13 10:02 AM
steveAKAslick
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sour fucking grapes on Shayna's part and I would have expected better than that out of her....does she post on here?!?! And for Ronda to totally flip into full retard mode whenever she got upset because as she said in tears "I looked over at Miesha smiling at her pain and she's gonna pay for every smile she smirks today"....really Ronda, Miesha isn't allowed to be happy that her fighter won?!?! Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 10:05 AM
jTheHybridwolff
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glovegate -
jTheHybridwolff - 
Stonemann -
jTheHybridwolff - 

Thank you sir !

To be fair, she never denied acting the way they portrayed her.  In fact, her blog post confirms all that and more.  She still claims she's better and that she'd win 99 times out of 100.

The entire post was hers.  Everything that was typed out and submitted, she chose to say.  And it was some of the most egomaniacal stuff I've ever seen in this sport, from men or women. 

Yes the Blog is her and she spoke the truth she would stomp that girl 99 times out of 100 this just wasn't one of here 99 times and was Juliana's 100 she was cocky and she lost Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 10:07 AM
Whambo
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jTheHybridwolff - 
Stonemann -
jTheHybridwolff - 

Thank you sir !

Um, people are basing a lot of their comments on Shayna's very own blog. Everything she said there matches what was shown on TUF, and quite frankly this editing excuse is a major cop out.

This whole "she'd beat her 9 out of 10 times" I find pretty lame as well. If there was any time that Shayna should have beat her it was then. Lena is still green, with a huge amount of pressure on her not only fighting in the UFC for the first time, but being the first pick to fight against a the veteran favourite to win it all. Shayna having more experience shouldn't have been phased nearly as much, and she was in control after the first rd. However, in the end she got beat by the younger hungrier, and I think better in shape fighter. This ain't the first time this has happened, and sure won't be the last. It wasn't a controversial decision or a "lucky punch", Shayna got outworked, beat up, and choked out. Despite this Shayna seems to be taking every effort to make the victory meaningless for Lena, that she didn't really earn it, Shayna just beat herself. I'm just glad most people on here recognize it for the horseshit that it is.

9/13/13 10:11 AM
chaplinshouse
782 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^bad

9/13/13 10:13 AM
jTheHybridwolff
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ssj -
jTheHybridwolff - 
Glovegate -
jTheHybridwolff - 
Stonemann -
jTheHybridwolff - 

Thank you sir !

Yes the Blog is her and she spoke the truth she would stomp that girl 99 times out of 100 this just wasn't one of here 99 times and was Juliana's 100 she was cocky and she lost Phone Post 3.0

the only thing that matters is the reality, and in this reality she lost
Indeed ! Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 10:15 AM
steveAKAslick
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And seriously Ronda calling Miesha's choice of Chris (the one with the hurt hand) as a pussy move is ridiculous...it's a smart move and a calculated one on a show where everyone's advantages and disadvantages at the time should be used...miesha was like "what the fuck are you talking about Shayna is my friend"...Ronda made it out like Miesha was up in Shayna's grill laughing and shit...worst sportsmanship ever, as much shit as she gives Miesha and she's the one that comes off as a whiny high school girl Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 10:31 AM
ChaosOverkill
650 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/13/13 10:38 AM
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 

the only real issue I have with this that I don't go over in my response on the other page is the contempt for fan opinions and that we're all "on the couch" and some low form of life.

I spend literally all of my sports consumerism dollar on MMA and supporting it now, I work despite being in constant pain and only have my own opinion about cheering for class and sportsmanship because I just personally enjoy seeing that and dislike bullies and jerks, even momentary ones. This isn't about an "amount of confidence" because how do you quantify confidence? Confidence can be in any amount but what changes it from one side to the other is confidence with or without arbitrarily denigrating your opponent.

This "I barely know this person but I am certain they are not capable of anything and I am special" shit It's annoying. Personally my favorites are people that say "Whatever they are capable of, I am confident in my skills, I am better and I will show it" no need to get carried away with personal attacks or "worthiness" or just angry diatribes against perceived slights. 

No athlete ever wins attacking the fans, even when unreasonable, it's the contract that occurs in viewer and ratings based entertainment, it's just a fact. Without our spending athletes don't make a living, and we are the ones with the choice to watch a different sport because we're what they are all marketed and operated for, not the reverse, we don't have right to tell you how to fight or act, but don't act surprised when the public doesn't have uniformity in it's response to negative talk and actions, because quite frankly that is never going to change is only going to get worse.

9/13/13 10:34 AM
Wicked smahtMF

Jullianna is better than Shayna. period
9/13/13 10:37 AM
jTheHybridwolff

Wicked smahtMF - Jullianna is better than Shayna. period
Lmfao id VU you up for that joke but used my one for the day I guess I owe you ! Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 10:39 AM
r_o_y

I like Shayna and it seems like you guys are kind of steamrolling her pretty hard. But seeing the show and reading the blog it's not a surprise everyone would turn on her pretty quick.
9/13/13 10:47 AM
Glovegate

jTheHybridwolff - 
Glovegate -
jTheHybridwolff - 
Stonemann -
jTheHybridwolff - 

Thank you sir !

Dude, come on now.  I'm guessing you're friends with her or something and that's why you're defending her so hard.

But she did not speak the truth.  She would not beat this chick 99 times out of 100.  Shayna is 15-8.  That means she's lost more than a third of the fights she's ever had.

Now, 15-8 is a decent record.  She's no scrub, don't get me wrong.  But 15-8 doesn't make you the female Fedor.

9/13/13 10:48 AM
jTheHybridwolff

Glovegate -
jTheHybridwolff - 
Glovegate -
jTheHybridwolff - 
Stonemann -
jTheHybridwolff - 

Thank you sir !

Dude, come on now.  I'm guessing you're friends with her or something and that's why you're defending her so hard.

But she did not speak the truth.  She would not beat this chick 99 times out of 100.  Shayna is 15-8.  That means she's lost more than a third of the fights she's ever had.

Now, 15-8 is a decent record.  She's no scrub, don't get me wrong.  But 15-8 doesn't make you the female Fedor.

"Dude" weather I do or I don't way vote me down? Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 10:53 AM
chaplinshouse
782 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 

the only real issue I have with this that I don't go over in my response on the other page is the contempt for fan opinions and that we're all "on the couch" and some low form of life.

I spend literally all of my sports consumerism dollar on MMA and supporting it now, I work despite being in constant pain and only have my own opinion about cheering for class and sportsmanship because I just personally enjoy seeing that and dislike bullies and jerks, even momentary ones. This isn't about an "amount of confidence" because how do you quantify confidence? Confidence can be in any amount but what changes it from one side to the other is confidence with or without arbitrarily denigrating your opponent.

This "I barely know this person but I am certain they are not capable of anything and I am special" shit It's annoying. Personally my favorites are people that say "Whatever they are capable of, I am confident in my skills, I am better and I will show it" no need to get carried away with personal attacks or "worthiness" or just angry diatribes against perceived slights. 

No athlete ever wins attacking the fans, even when unreasonable, it's the contract that occurs in viewer and ratings based entertainment, it's just a fact. Without our spending athletes don't make a living, and we are the ones with the choice to watch a different sport because we're what they are all marketed and operated for, not the reverse, we don't have right to tell you how to fight or act, but don't act surprised when the public doesn't have uniformity in it's response to negative talk and actions, because quite frankly that is never going to change is only going to get worse.

agree! and who decides ultimately how much money they make? aside from them (their skills), it's the low life dude on the couch.  couchman is awesome when he's your fan.  when he's not, he's just a scumbag that dares to sit on furniture.  

this dude on a couch was going to be a fan of duke, i liked what i saw, but now i'm turned off.  not just for the anti fan sentiment, but because it came out while shamelessly nut riding shayma

9/13/13 10:55 AM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

jTheHybridwolff - 
Glovegate -
jTheHybridwolff - 
Stonemann -
jTheHybridwolff - 

Thank you sir !

Someone who is 15-8 (lost 3 of her last 5 fights) and claims they can win 99 times out of 100 is either delusional or sucks at math
9/13/13 10:57 AM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

chaplinshouse -
ChaosOverkill - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 

agree! and who decides ultimately how much money they make? aside from them (their skills), it's the low life dude on the couch.  couchman is awesome when he's your fan.  when he's not, he's just a scumbag that dares to sit on furniture.  

this dude on a couch was going to be a fan of duke, i liked what i saw, but now i'm turned off.  not just for the anti fan sentiment, but because it came out while shamelessly nut riding shayma

As dana has said before on this very forum, fuck you and your dollar. Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 11:08 AM
ChaosOverkill
650 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
chaplinshouse -
ChaosOverkill - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 

As dana has said before on this very forum, fuck you and your dollar. Phone Post 3.0

Really, you are that offended by opinions that don't echo your own that have basically been echoed through sports in capitalism for a century?

9/13/13 11:12 AM
Glovegate

jTheHybridwolff - 
Glovegate -
jTheHybridwolff - 
Glovegate -
jTheHybridwolff - 
Stonemann -
jTheHybridwolff - 

Thank you sir !

"Dude" weather I do or I don't way vote me down? Phone Post 3.0

I did not vote you down.  Ask a mod if you don't believe me.

Did you not notice that you're holding a minority position on this issue?  Many people disagree with you, not just me.

9/13/13 11:12 AM
Dawkins

"If you can't handle TUF..you can't handle the UFC"-DFW

Look Baszler is a fucking bad ass and a pioneer. With that said you are lying to yourself if you think that blog wasn't embarrassing.
9/13/13 11:14 AM
Jack Skellington
826 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JustPeed -  Shayna came across obnoxiously cocky and unlikeable in the episode tonight

And in this blog Phone Post

Correct
9/13/13 11:16 AM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Chaos, no. But a dana quote worked out perfectly here. Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 11:18 AM
ChaosOverkill

Edited: 09/13/13 11:18 AM
BTT-RyannVonDoom - Chaos, no. But a dana quote worked out perfectly here. Phone Post 3.0

alright lol, fair enough, your loyalty to Shayna is admirable, all I'm saying is there's balance and learning experience in everything.

9/13/13 11:28 AM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

ChaosOverkill -
BTT-RyannVonDoom - Chaos, no. But a dana quote worked out perfectly here. Phone Post 3.0

alright lol, fair enough, your loyalty to Shayna is admirable, all I'm saying is there's balance and learning experience in everything.

Trust me, i know. And i'll defend my friends to the end.. Doesnt matter. Besides I know the real shayna, this is heel shayna and everyone is falling for it big time. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.