UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Shayna Baszler's TUF Blog about tonight's ep.

9/13/13 11:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dawkins
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
ChaosOverkill -
BTT-RyannVonDoom - Chaos, no. But a dana quote worked out perfectly here. Phone Post 3.0

alright lol, fair enough, your loyalty to Shayna is admirable, all I'm saying is there's balance and learning experience in everything.

Trust me, i know. And i'll defend my friends to the end.. Doesnt matter. Besides I know the real shayna, this is heel shayna and everyone is falling for it big time. Phone Post 3.0

Not a good time for her pro wrestling like persona. Get in the UFC and start destroying girls, then she can play pro wrestler and sell some tickets.
9/13/13 11:40 AM
jTheHybridwolff
204 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glovegate -
jTheHybridwolff - 
Glovegate -
jTheHybridwolff - 
Glovegate -
jTheHybridwolff - 
Stonemann -
jTheHybridwolff - 
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun -
jTheHybridwolff - TTT for Shayna
confidants or cockiness either way I'm a fan not going to let one fight on a tv show change that Phone Post 3.0

You part of the Queens Army? lol
Lol sure if it means I'm a fan of hers and I'm not going to let a known highly edited show skew my opinion on her she lost looked bad but IMO she takes that fight 9 out of 10 times Phone Post 3.0

Member since before 2001,and I rarely post. "I Never vote", but VTFU for this. Shaynas getting side-swiped, and I aint budging.Editing, mis-direction, what-EVER. You people have the wrong impression of Shayna, it's sad.
Thank you sir !
It's true we all know they edit the hell out of this show but It's Ez to give your 2cents based on whatcha watched on tv last night or the night before Phone Post 3.0

To be fair, she never denied acting the way they portrayed her.  In fact, her blog post confirms all that and more.  She still claims she's better and that she'd win 99 times out of 100.

The entire post was hers.  Everything that was typed out and submitted, she chose to say.  And it was some of the most egomaniacal stuff I've ever seen in this sport, from men or women. 

It's not correct to blame it on editing.

Yes the Blog is her and she spoke the truth she would stomp that girl 99 times out of 100 this just wasn't one of here 99 times and was Juliana's 100 she was cocky and she lost Phone Post 3.0

Dude, come on now.  I'm guessing you're friends with her or something and that's why you're defending her so hard.

But she did not speak the truth.  She would not beat this chick 99 times out of 100.  Shayna is 15-8.  That means she's lost more than a third of the fights she's ever had.

Now, 15-8 is a decent record.  She's no scrub, don't get me wrong.  But 15-8 doesn't make you the female Fedor.

"Dude" weather I do or I don't way vote me down? Phone Post 3.0

I did not vote you down.  Ask a mod if you don't believe me.

Did you not notice that you're holding a minority position on this issue?  Many people disagree with you, not just me.

No need to ask a mod your right I do hold the minority ground anyone could have I assumed and I apologize . Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 11:42 AM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Dawkins -
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
ChaosOverkill -
BTT-RyannVonDoom - Chaos, no. But a dana quote worked out perfectly here. Phone Post 3.0

alright lol, fair enough, your loyalty to Shayna is admirable, all I'm saying is there's balance and learning experience in everything.

Trust me, i know. And i'll defend my friends to the end.. Doesnt matter. Besides I know the real shayna, this is heel shayna and everyone is falling for it big time. Phone Post 3.0

Not a good time for her pro wrestling like persona. Get in the UFC and start destroying girls, then she can play pro wrestler and sell some tickets.
Worked for ronda and chael. Look at the views and posts.. People are talking and will continue to. Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 11:43 AM
hackett
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - She is 15-8, lost to every real fighter she has faced. Might not even be top 10, who cares about her, people talk as if she is Fedor or somebody lol. She has no reason to be cocky

"Lost to every real fighter she faced" is going a little too far. She has wins over some big names: Julie Kedzie, Roxanne Modafferi, Alexis Davis.

I know she looked bad on TUF, and made everything worse with her talk and her blog entry -- but, facts are facts.

9/13/13 11:44 AM
Dawkins

Edited: 09/13/13 11:44 AM
Really? Chael didn't play pro wrestler until he finally started winning regularly.

And Ronda was already a huge prospect coming in from the Olympics.
9/13/13 11:48 AM
RockTheVote
577 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
Dawkins -
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
ChaosOverkill -

Worked for ronda and chael. Look at the views and posts.. People are talking and will continue to. Phone Post 3.0

ur a knucklehead. either shes petty and immature or shes pretending to be. either way, you should stfu about it. if shes petty and immature, youre lying/wrong and are probably a scumbag. if shes trying to pull a kosheck, dont get in her way by trying to explain to all of us how its an act. "love me or hate me, just watch me." fine, i get the concept of being a heel. do you really think heels need to have their friends explaining to everyone "oh, that guys actually really cool hes just trying to sell tickets." who cares? plus she got beat up by a far less experienced fighter. dana employs good fighters that people want to watch, out of either love or hate. apparently she has the hate down. hopefully she spend some time the rest of the season proving in practice how good of a fighter she is, because thats how shell get her shot.

9/13/13 11:49 AM
Leck Brosnar

BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
Dawkins -
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
ChaosOverkill -

Haha, if she can't beat the worst girl in the house(your words), she won't make it very far in the UFC. One and DONE.
9/13/13 12:17 PM
Sprawl 68

To good in her own mind. Not all that in reality. MMA math does not compute. Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 12:51 PM
TARRat
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dawkins - Really? Chael didn't play pro wrestler until he finally started winning regularly.

And Ronda was already a huge prospect coming in from the Olympics.

Not only that, but Ronda's undefeated in MMA. So she's got that going for her, too.
9/13/13 12:57 PM
TARRat
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crooklyn - 
TARRat - Wait a sec - is this orange (? I'm color blind - sue me) name for Steph new? Weren't you a gray (? again, color blind) name?

If so, congrats on the "promotion," but my condolences on the "headaches to ensue."

Not new, dearie. I've been a mod for 6 years. I just never posted in my red dress until about 2 years ago. I have always maintained a business account too, which I still do.

Oh.

Well, I guess we 12ers gonna 12...
9/13/13 12:57 PM
RustyTrombone
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

saddamhugevein -

If I could have ever liked her before...

I certainly could not now...Arrogant/Cocky/Overconfident/classless/ the list goes on.

11 Years 11 Yearssssssss.... Fuck off....Your opponent works hard too.

Sorry if You did'nt catch on as quick.

Absolutely. I was rooting for the other girl after her saying shit like she doesn't deserve to be in there with me. Thinks she's some kind of fucking star. Other girl had way more heart Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 1:08 PM
AlphaSlap
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Internettufguy - Hybridwolff, I voted you down for your bitch-like attitude about being voted down.

(I was even good and used "bitch" as an adjective instead of a noun so it wouldn't be fighter bashing) Phone Post 3.0

And that's how you Vote down

"put your name on it"

Serious question, has anyone ever found success in the UFC after exiting in the first round of fights? I don't have time to look it up.
9/13/13 1:20 PM
BudmademeWeiser
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AlphaSlap - 
Internettufguy - Hybridwolff, I voted you down for your bitch-like attitude about being voted down.

(I was even good and used "bitch" as an adjective instead of a noun so it wouldn't be fighter bashing) Phone Post 3.0

"put your name on it"

Serious question, has anyone ever found success in the UFC after exiting in the first round of fights? I don't have time to look it up.

I think melivin guillard did in season 2? I'm not sure though.
9/13/13 1:58 PM
Johnny D
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I started watching the UFC in 1993 with UFC #2, I found the PPV on cable looking for some boxing on HBO that week. I followed it ever since except for a few years when it kind of went underground. If you would have told me back then I would be watching women's MMA one day in the future I would have said no fucking way, it will never happen. It has happened and its awesome, so much so I'm starting to look forward to the women fighting as much if not more then the men sometime. The fight with Shayna and Julianna is an example of why, going in there and leaving nothing behind, these girls delivered. In the end Julianna with heart and determination won that fight, it was impressive to see someone so determined to not lose. It's hard to not take sides or get wrapped up in the drama but give both girls credit, it was a great fight, had me at the edge of my seat the whole time, I'm looking forward to seeing more of the same. WMMA ?? Oh yeah, Take notes men, the girls are showing you how its done. Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 2:04 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
Dawkins -
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
ChaosOverkill -

Agree! I mean, it even got under my skin, but eventually even I was like, dammit, she got me!  People are talking.  People will want to see her fight again in the big show.  

Think about it, you have the complete opposite of say a guy like Fitch, who says about nothing, and then plays lay n pray and wins most fights.  You have a pretty skilled fighter talk a lot of shit and go out and deliver an exciting fight and loses.  I'll take option B anytime for entertainment dollar.  Like I said, Shayna even got to me for a day or two and then I caught myself....  She's not going anywhere.  She's a pro.  She'll train hard at the house, maybe get a chance to step in on an injury or something, but definitely get a fight on the TUF finale where you will probably see a well-prepared Shayna against hopefully another woman with good ground skills.  In my perfect world, that's how I'd like to see it ride out.  

9/13/13 2:08 PM
hackett
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BudmademeWeiser - 
AlphaSlap - 

"put your name on it"

I think melivin guillard did in season 2? I'm not sure though.

Season Two? Guillard lost his only fight but ended up doing pretty good, sure; so did Marcus Davis who lost his only bout that season.

MikeSwick and Chris Leben both lost their TUF 1 bouts.

I don't know about the more recent seasons though.

9/13/13 2:22 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

BrCutter - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
Dawkins -
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
ChaosOverkill -

Agree! I mean, it even got under my skin, but eventually even I was like, dammit, she got me!  People are talking.  People will want to see her fight again in the big show.  

Think about it, you have the complete opposite of say a guy like Fitch, who says about nothing, and then plays lay n pray and wins most fights.  You have a pretty skilled fighter talk a lot of shit and go out and deliver an exciting fight and loses.  I'll take option B anytime for entertainment dollar.  Like I said, Shayna even got to me for a day or two and then I caught myself....  She's not going anywhere.  She's a pro.  She'll train hard at the house, maybe get a chance to step in on an injury or something, but definitely get a fight on the TUF finale where you will probably see a well-prepared Shayna against hopefully another woman with good ground skills.  In my perfect world, that's how I'd like to see it ride out.  

I don't think she'll be ready for the finale. She got injured in traneing but it's nothing serious but enough to put her in a boot.

9/13/13 2:31 PM
jTheHybridwolff
204 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Internettufguy - Hybridwolff, I voted you down for your bitch-like attitude about being voted down.

Bitch like attitude ? Ok
I apologized for it to the person I accused of voting me down Now that I think about I should have never said anything let alone accuse anyone of it that being said
You should watch how you throw the word bitch around sounds like you've been someone's from time to Time Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 2:41 PM
Bananatoles
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dang I was rooting for the cute Mexican one to win and she pulled it off. Fun fight to watch Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 2:42 PM
Alumynabjj

saddamhugevein - 

If I could have ever liked her before...

I certainly could not now...Arrogant/Cocky/Overconfident/classless/ the list goes on.

11 Years 11 Yearssssssss.... Fuck off....Your opponent works hard too.

Sorry if You did'nt catch on as quick.

LOL, at "Sorry if you didnt catch on as quick". No shit. All these self entitled fighters that were only successful because there were limited amount of talent.
9/13/13 2:42 PM
Chromium
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - She is 15-8, lost to every real fighter she has faced. Might not even be top 10, who cares about her, people talk as if she is Fedor or somebody lol. She has no reason to be cocky

"lost to every real fighter she has faced"

She subbed Sarah D'Alelio, gave Jennifer Tate her only loss (in 44 seconds no less), crushed Adrienna Jenkins, beat Alexis Davis the first time they met (and Davis winning their second bout is the main reason why she's a Top 10 fighter herself now), beat Megumi Yabushita when she was still a Top 10 Featherweight (and when that still meant something), and subbed both Roxanne Modafferi and Julie Kedzie.

She's also had a 2 year gap in her career where three or four different fights fell through consecutively because no one wanted to fight her.

She's cocky and obviously a bit bitter about shit, but she's still extremely talented. Also, her cockiness is clearly an act of her's, kind of like her putting a Queen of Spades in Pena's sports bra at the staredown. She made claims like "she doesn't deserve to breathe the same air as me" and that "I've never heard of her" about her Elimination Round opponent Colleen Schneider when they have the same trainer.

9/13/13 3:25 PM
ClemenzasCannoli
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jTheHybridwolff -
Internettufguy - Hybridwolff, I voted you down for your bitch-like attitude about being voted down.

Bitch like attitude ? Ok
I apologized for it to the person I accused of voting me down Now that I think about I should have never said anything let alone accuse anyone of it that being said
You should watch how you throw the word bitch around sounds like you've been someone's from time to Time Phone Post 3.0
I would like to vote down your English teacher! It's painful reading some of your post Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 3:26 PM
Nuevo Haole

I started watching the UFC in 1993 with UFC #2

*facepalm*

9/13/13 3:47 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTT-RyannVonDoom -
BrCutter - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
Dawkins -
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
ChaosOverkill -

I don't think she'll be ready for the finale. She got injured in traneing but it's nothing serious but enough to put her in a boot.

That sucks mang. I wish her well. Phone Post
9/13/13 4:15 PM
jTheHybridwolff

ClemenzasCannoli -
jTheHybridwolff -

Bitch like attitude ? Ok
I would like to vote down your English teacher! It's painful reading some of your post Phone Post 3.0
YAWN. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.