UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Shayna Baszler's TUF Blog about tonight's ep.

9/13/13 3:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Nuevo Haole
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I started watching the UFC in 1993 with UFC #2

*facepalm*

9/13/13 3:47 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTT-RyannVonDoom -
BrCutter - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
Dawkins -
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
ChaosOverkill -
BTT-RyannVonDoom - Chaos, no. But a dana quote worked out perfectly here. Phone Post 3.0

alright lol, fair enough, your loyalty to Shayna is admirable, all I'm saying is there's balance and learning experience in everything.

Trust me, i know. And i'll defend my friends to the end.. Doesnt matter. Besides I know the real shayna, this is heel shayna and everyone is falling for it big time. Phone Post 3.0

Not a good time for her pro wrestling like persona. Get in the UFC and start destroying girls, then she can play pro wrestler and sell some tickets.
Worked for ronda and chael. Look at the views and posts.. People are talking and will continue to. Phone Post 3.0

Agree! I mean, it even got under my skin, but eventually even I was like, dammit, she got me!  People are talking.  People will want to see her fight again in the big show.  

Think about it, you have the complete opposite of say a guy like Fitch, who says about nothing, and then plays lay n pray and wins most fights.  You have a pretty skilled fighter talk a lot of shit and go out and deliver an exciting fight and loses.  I'll take option B anytime for entertainment dollar.  Like I said, Shayna even got to me for a day or two and then I caught myself....  She's not going anywhere.  She's a pro.  She'll train hard at the house, maybe get a chance to step in on an injury or something, but definitely get a fight on the TUF finale where you will probably see a well-prepared Shayna against hopefully another woman with good ground skills.  In my perfect world, that's how I'd like to see it ride out.  

I don't think she'll be ready for the finale. She got injured in traneing but it's nothing serious but enough to put her in a boot.

That sucks mang. I wish her well. Phone Post
9/13/13 4:15 PM
jTheHybridwolff
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ClemenzasCannoli -
jTheHybridwolff -
Internettufguy - Hybridwolff, I voted you down for your bitch-like attitude about being voted down.

(I was even good and used "bitch" as an adjective instead of a noun so it wouldn't be fighter bashing) Phone Post 3.0
Bitch like attitude ? Ok
I apologized for it to the person I accused of voting me down Now that I think about I should have never said anything let alone accuse anyone of it that being said
You should watch how you throw the word bitch around sounds like you've been someone's from time to Time Phone Post 3.0
I would like to vote down your English teacher! It's painful reading some of your post Phone Post 3.0
YAWN. Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 5:05 PM
BRZ

Bananatoles - Dang I was rooting for the cute Mexican one to win and she pulled it off. Fun fight to watch Phone Post 3.0
I think she's Venezuelan? Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 5:12 PM
Nuevo Haole

BRZ - 
Bananatoles - Dang I was rooting for the cute Mexican one to win and she pulled it off. Fun fight to watch Phone Post 3.0

Guatamala bro

9/13/13 5:15 PM
Jambo888
508 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nuevo Haole - 
BRZ - 

Guatamala bro

Colombian I think 

9/13/13 5:19 PM
Nuevo Haole

CandyCrush - 
Jambo888 - 
Nuevo Haole - 
BRZ - 

Guatamala bro

Colombian I think 

El Salvadorian

100% Surinamese like Sprong noobs

9/13/13 5:31 PM
jTheHybridwolff
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus KO'd stayrad -
jTheHybridwolff -
Internettufguy - Hybridwolff, I voted you down for your bitch-like attitude about being voted down.

(I was even good and used "bitch" as an adjective instead of a noun so it wouldn't be fighter bashing) Phone Post 3.0
Bitch like attitude ? Ok
I apologized for it to the person I accused of voting me down Now that I think about I should have never said anything let alone accuse anyone of it that being said
You should watch how you throw the word bitch around sounds like you've been someone's from time to Time Phone Post 3.0
I'm voting you down for your bitch like attitude too bro Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 5:31 PM
Ocean6

Ok, I'll bite.

She wants to play the heal?

I would like to see her fight again just to see her lose.

And that's not fighter bashing I hope.
9/13/13 5:33 PM
jTheHybridwolff

jTheHybridwolff -
Jesus KO'd stayrad -
jTheHybridwolff -

Bitch like attitude ? Ok
"Bro" Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 5:36 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

CandyCrush - 
Jambo888 - 
Nuevo Haole - 
BRZ - 

Guatamala bro

Colombian I think 

El Salvadorian

Chilean

and Ocean, it's "heel"

9/13/13 5:37 PM
KZTT_W85
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTT-RyannVonDoom -
CandyCrush - 
Jambo888 - 
Nuevo Haole - 
BRZ - 

Guatamala bro

Colombian I think 

El Salvadorian

Chilean

and Ocean, it's "heel"

Australian Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 5:43 PM
TheRaider
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KZTT_W85 - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom -
CandyCrush - 
Jambo888 - 
Nuevo Haole - 
BRZ - 

Guatamala bro

Colombian I think 

El Salvadorian

Chilean

and Ocean, it's "heel"

Peruvian
9/13/13 5:44 PM
RockTheVote
429 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She's not Chinese. Sniiiiiiiffffffff. She's Laotian. Phone Post
9/13/13 5:47 PM
djones
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vulva Fabulous -  Hey everybody, let's cut her a little slack. I'm sure it's not only extremely disappointing but probably heart wrenching for her to have been at the forefront of the push to have WMMA in the UFC for years, be widely considered a pioneer in the sport but still have to go through the TUF tournament to get a contract and lose.

IMO it's obvious that she feels slighted and disrespected for having to do this show....even though by winning 3 fights on TUF instead of having 3 fights in the UFC would've given her INSTANT name recognition amongst casual fans along with a big push from the UFC. I'm sure they would've been marketing her as the female version of Rocky.

Mark my words when I tell you that there isn't another female fighter in the world, let alone in that house, that has as much experience fighting professionally. Now, let's just kick some ROX and screw around and pretend that there was another female fighter in the house with 25 professional fights that has travelled abroad and trained in other countries in multiple disciplines that was known as a pioneer in WMMA.

If there was this fictional fighter with all of the conditions and attributes I listed above.....in essence another female Rocky (I guess instead of calling her a female Rocky she'd be known as Roxanne, right? LOL) she'd most definitely act super cocky/confident, she'd walk around with a chip on her shoulder, talk down towards other fighters in the house and she would come off the same way she has after last night's show and blog. It's just a theory of mine, but I wish there really was another female Rocky.....or rather, Roxanne...in the TUF house this season so you could see what I mean. Phone Post

Well done sir.... well done

9/13/13 6:10 PM
Bananatoles
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheRaider -
KZTT_W85 - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom -
CandyCrush - 
Jambo888 - 
Nuevo Haole - 
BRZ - 

Guatamala bro

Colombian I think 

El Salvadorian

Chilean

and Ocean, it's "heel"

Peruvian
Lol well central/south American lady then. Dang girl fighters are hot, not the ones that talk in low voices but the ones like meisha and the Chilean princess from tough. Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 6:13 PM
Johnny D
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nuevo Haole -

I started watching the UFC in 1993 with UFC #2

*facepalm*

1994, Sorry, so I missed the year by one, that's what happens when you're trying to recall what happened 20 years ago. Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 6:22 PM
HarryPalms
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Enough veterans of the sport and especially the womens side of it have vouched for her personally that I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt that she is a really nice and supportive person.
Weird things can happen to people when the camera's get switched on if they start consciously thinking of how they will be or want to be portrayed, and start trying to put on an act.

Either way, if she is actually trying to play the heel, then she is doing it wrong. To really do it well you it has to be done with humour, or at the very least intelligence. IF your comments are going to be arrogant and scathing, then they have to be witty to leave just that little margin of doubt that the heel actually means what's said.

9/13/13 6:41 PM
jacktripper

BuddyRevell -
hackett - 

"The first day of practice would be a dream for many hardcore fans of WMMA: Ronda and I just rolling."  WOW.

LOL this particular gem is so eye-rollingly bad. Talk about delusions of grandeur. Are there any male fighters that are as serious as this about their status as an "MMA Legend?" I mean even Chael only talks like this to be funny, haha.

Something wierdly fetishistic about her statement Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 7:14 PM
MDKSDMF
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i like shayna as a fighter and WMMA pioneer. the cockyness and saying pena didnt deserve to be in the ring is ridiculous tho! once the fighter win to get in the house they are proven IMO. the first rule in fighting is to never under estimate your opponents.
9/13/13 7:20 PM
MDKSDMF
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jacktripper - 
BuddyRevell -
hackett - 

"The first day of practice would be a dream for many hardcore fans of WMMA: Ronda and I just rolling."  WOW.

LOL this particular gem is so eye-rollingly bad. Talk about delusions of grandeur. Are there any male fighters that are as serious as this about their status as an "MMA Legend?" I mean even Chael only talks like this to be funny, haha.

Something wierdly fetishistic about her statement Phone Post 3.0

haha that is a great point! talk about arrogant
9/13/13 8:09 PM
Stonemann
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jTheHybridwolff - 
Jesus KO'd stayrad -
jTheHybridwolff -

Bitch like attitude ? Ok

2 votes a day. giving them to you. Brother from another mother. Our family is unique.
9/13/13 8:19 PM
Stonemann
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MDKSDMF - i like shayna as a fighter and WMMA pioneer. the cockyness and saying pena didnt deserve to be in the ring is ridiculous tho! once the fighter win to get in the house they are proven IMO. the first rule in fighting is to never under estimate your opponents.

Come on bro, you and your coaches never said shit like that to prep you for a fight ?? You got a green name, you know the routine.

People watch GSP and think he is so friendly and respectful,which he is, but most of them do NOT know that GSP was afraid to come out from backstage on more than a few fights. It got to the point where he, and the UFC, hired him a sports phsycologist to help him get over his anxiety. Ego is everything, this is fighting!

Not bashing GSP, who is on my GOAT list, just pointing out that things are "not" always what they seem on TV. Behind the scenes it "needs" attitudes and fires like Shayna and Ronda to get into warrior mode, or else you people get lousy fights! What Shayna said, I have heard, as a coach in the locker-rooms, hundreds of times. It is normal for this sport, she isnt a demon, she is a legend!

If you think Brian has never told Miesha "this girl couldn't bake your breakfast" then you know nothing. Shaynas comments were just on video, and is there because Shayna is real, and gives it to you like that
9/13/13 8:39 PM
jacktripper

BTT-RyannVonDoom -
ChaosOverkill -
BTT-RyannVonDoom - Chaos, no. But a dana quote worked out perfectly here. Phone Post 3.0

alright lol, fair enough, your loyalty to Shayna is admirable, all I'm saying is there's balance and learning experience in everything.

Trust me, i know. And i'll defend my friends to the end.. Doesnt matter. Besides I know the real shayna, this is heel shayna and everyone is falling for it big time. Phone Post 3.0
I don't watch wrestling... Are the heels usually hunched over sobbing while being comforted by their trainer? Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 8:49 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

jacktripper - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom -
ChaosOverkill -

I don't watch wrestling... Are the heels usually hunched over sobbing while being comforted by their trainer? Phone Post 3.0

lol @ you dont watch wrestling.. yes. They had a lot of heels lose(job) to the baby face heroes and showed devestation and such. But hey, do you.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.