UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Shayna Baszler's TUF Blog about tonight's ep.

9/13/13 6:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Johnny D
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nuevo Haole -

I started watching the UFC in 1993 with UFC #2

*facepalm*

1994, Sorry, so I missed the year by one, that's what happens when you're trying to recall what happened 20 years ago. Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 6:22 PM
HarryPalms
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Enough veterans of the sport and especially the womens side of it have vouched for her personally that I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt that she is a really nice and supportive person.
Weird things can happen to people when the camera's get switched on if they start consciously thinking of how they will be or want to be portrayed, and start trying to put on an act.

Either way, if she is actually trying to play the heel, then she is doing it wrong. To really do it well you it has to be done with humour, or at the very least intelligence. IF your comments are going to be arrogant and scathing, then they have to be witty to leave just that little margin of doubt that the heel actually means what's said.

9/13/13 6:41 PM
jacktripper
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BuddyRevell -
hackett - 

"The first day of practice would be a dream for many hardcore fans of WMMA: Ronda and I just rolling."  WOW.

LOL this particular gem is so eye-rollingly bad. Talk about delusions of grandeur. Are there any male fighters that are as serious as this about their status as an "MMA Legend?" I mean even Chael only talks like this to be funny, haha.

Something wierdly fetishistic about her statement Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 7:14 PM
MDKSDMF
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i like shayna as a fighter and WMMA pioneer. the cockyness and saying pena didnt deserve to be in the ring is ridiculous tho! once the fighter win to get in the house they are proven IMO. the first rule in fighting is to never under estimate your opponents.
9/13/13 7:20 PM
MDKSDMF
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jacktripper - 
BuddyRevell -
hackett - 

"The first day of practice would be a dream for many hardcore fans of WMMA: Ronda and I just rolling."  WOW.

LOL this particular gem is so eye-rollingly bad. Talk about delusions of grandeur. Are there any male fighters that are as serious as this about their status as an "MMA Legend?" I mean even Chael only talks like this to be funny, haha.

Something wierdly fetishistic about her statement Phone Post 3.0

haha that is a great point! talk about arrogant
9/13/13 8:09 PM
Stonemann
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jTheHybridwolff - 
Jesus KO'd stayrad -
jTheHybridwolff -
Internettufguy - Hybridwolff, I voted you down for your bitch-like attitude about being voted down.

(I was even good and used "bitch" as an adjective instead of a noun so it wouldn't be fighter bashing) Phone Post 3.0
Bitch like attitude ? Ok
I apologized for it to the person I accused of voting me down Now that I think about I should have never said anything let alone accuse anyone of it that being said
You should watch how you throw the word bitch around sounds like you've been someone's from time to Time Phone Post 3.0
I'm voting you down for your bitch like attitude too bro Phone Post 3.0

2 votes a day. giving them to you. Brother from another mother. Our family is unique.
9/13/13 8:19 PM
Stonemann
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MDKSDMF - i like shayna as a fighter and WMMA pioneer. the cockyness and saying pena didnt deserve to be in the ring is ridiculous tho! once the fighter win to get in the house they are proven IMO. the first rule in fighting is to never under estimate your opponents.

Come on bro, you and your coaches never said shit like that to prep you for a fight ?? You got a green name, you know the routine.

People watch GSP and think he is so friendly and respectful,which he is, but most of them do NOT know that GSP was afraid to come out from backstage on more than a few fights. It got to the point where he, and the UFC, hired him a sports phsycologist to help him get over his anxiety. Ego is everything, this is fighting!

Not bashing GSP, who is on my GOAT list, just pointing out that things are "not" always what they seem on TV. Behind the scenes it "needs" attitudes and fires like Shayna and Ronda to get into warrior mode, or else you people get lousy fights! What Shayna said, I have heard, as a coach in the locker-rooms, hundreds of times. It is normal for this sport, she isnt a demon, she is a legend!

If you think Brian has never told Miesha "this girl couldn't bake your breakfast" then you know nothing. Shaynas comments were just on video, and is there because Shayna is real, and gives it to you like that
9/13/13 8:39 PM
jacktripper

BTT-RyannVonDoom -
ChaosOverkill -
BTT-RyannVonDoom - Chaos, no. But a dana quote worked out perfectly here. Phone Post 3.0

alright lol, fair enough, your loyalty to Shayna is admirable, all I'm saying is there's balance and learning experience in everything.

Trust me, i know. And i'll defend my friends to the end.. Doesnt matter. Besides I know the real shayna, this is heel shayna and everyone is falling for it big time. Phone Post 3.0
I don't watch wrestling... Are the heels usually hunched over sobbing while being comforted by their trainer? Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 8:49 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

jacktripper - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom -
ChaosOverkill -
BTT-RyannVonDoom - Chaos, no. But a dana quote worked out perfectly here. Phone Post 3.0

alright lol, fair enough, your loyalty to Shayna is admirable, all I'm saying is there's balance and learning experience in everything.

Trust me, i know. And i'll defend my friends to the end.. Doesnt matter. Besides I know the real shayna, this is heel shayna and everyone is falling for it big time. Phone Post 3.0
I don't watch wrestling... Are the heels usually hunched over sobbing while being comforted by their trainer? Phone Post 3.0

lol @ you dont watch wrestling.. yes. They had a lot of heels lose(job) to the baby face heroes and showed devestation and such. But hey, do you.

9/13/13 8:52 PM
Stonemann

BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
jacktripper - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom -
ChaosOverkill -

lol @ you dont watch wrestling.. yes. They had a lot of heels lose(job) to the baby face heroes and showed devestation and such. But hey, do you.

Biggest cheater/heel ever ...Ric Flair. Oldest wrestler still earning a payday ....Ric Flair.

Shayna is no heel, I am just saying ;)
9/13/13 8:58 PM
Ocean6

Stonemann - 
MDKSDMF - i like shayna as a fighter and WMMA pioneer. the cockyness and saying pena didnt deserve to be in the ring is ridiculous tho! once the fighter win to get in the house they are proven IMO. the first rule in fighting is to never under estimate your opponents.

Come on bro, you and your coaches never said shit like that to prep you for a fight ?? You got a green name, you know the routine.

People watch GSP and think he is so friendly and respectful,which he is, but most of them do NOT know that GSP was afraid to come out from backstage on more than a few fights. It got to the point where he, and the UFC, hired him a sports phsycologist to help him get over his anxiety. Ego is everything, this is fighting!

Not bashing GSP, who is on my GOAT list, just pointing out that things are "not" always what they seem on TV. Behind the scenes it "needs" attitudes and fires like Shayna and Ronda to get into warrior mode, or else you people get lousy fights! What Shayna said, I have heard, as a coach in the locker-rooms, hundreds of times. It is normal for this sport, she isnt a demon, she is a legend!

If you think Brian has never told Miesha "this girl couldn't bake your breakfast" then you know nothing. Shaynas comments were just on video, and is there because Shayna is real, and gives it to you like that

That's all well and good stoney, but then she keeps it upafter the fight,

aaaaand,

starts sayign the same shit after the fight is broadcast on TV, however many months later...

So, something smells in Denmark
9/13/13 9:06 PM
Proteus The Invincible

Stonemann - 

Just because something's normal doesn't mean it's okay or that it should be accepted. Projecting the false confidence of arrogance and belittling others to reassure yourself is very unattractive to many, and not at all healthy.
9/13/13 9:52 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Stonemann -
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
jacktripper - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom -
ChaosOverkill -

Biggest cheater/heel ever ...Ric Flair. Oldest wrestler still earning a payday ....Ric Flair.

She is now. She's gone heel. Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 9:55 PM
Stonemann

Ocean6 - 
Stonemann - 

That's all well and good stoney, but then she keeps it upafter the fight,

aaaaand,

starts sayign the same shit after the fight is broadcast on TV, however many months later...

So, something smells in Denmark

I read the blogs, I watched the show, and I "completely understand" why you guys feel this way about her. I am just interjecting to say "it isn't her or a good representation of her." And I know this. She is coming off badly, and it saddens me.
9/13/13 11:37 PM
Stone Rolled
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hand that woman her belt, she's the best fighter in the house. Best fighter don't have to win anything. Gimme a break. LOL How delusional can you be? She's like the Phil Helmuth of MMA. She's still going on to this day how she's better than everyone else. You are a better wrestler than Pena, not a better fighter. She beat you up in the clinch, beat you up on the ground, and beat you up standing. She did exactly what you said you would do to her. You can't just be humble just once?

And she says Ronda and herself are two of the world's best? Wow delusional. Reality check. You didn't even beat the first fighter on TUF!! Ronda's the friggin Olympic medalist and UFC champion. With that attitude, she's not going anywhere.
9/13/13 11:53 PM
CindyO

BTT-RyannVonDoom -
Stonemann -
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
jacktripper - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom -
ChaosOverkill -

Because she knows it pays better:)

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 12:16 AM
Stone Rolled
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stonemann - 

I dunno about that dude. GSP has said he approaches every fight like he's the underdog, like he's the championship title challenger, and not the champion. I don't think his team would tell him shit like his opponent doesn't even belong in the same ring as you.
9/14/13 12:29 AM
Stonemann

Totaly with you until the last sentence. GSP really "is" that good guy that is 1 out of 1,000,000. And Ive been backstage. GSP is a true role-model. But not every family lives in Disney-land. Some are broke, and from different communities. GSP isnt an "available" role-model for everyone. Do you know why ? Because there isnt a blog or interview every 60 seconds from him.

Do you think Greg or other coaches never said to GSP "you're on another planet than this guy"?

Really, answer honestly or dont answer.
9/14/13 12:34 AM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

CindyO -
BTT-RyannVonDoom -
Stonemann -
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
jacktripper - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom -
ChaosOverkill -

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
Gotta have faces and heels love. Not all can play the heel. Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 12:40 AM
ChaosOverkill
374 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/14/13 12:42 AM
Stonemann - Totaly with you until the last sentence. GSP really "is" that good guy that is 1 out of 1,000,000. And Ive been backstage. GSP is a true role-model. But not every family lives in Disney-land. Some are broke, and from different communities. GSP isnt an "available" role-model for everyone. Do you know why ? Because there isnt a blog or interview every 60 seconds from him.

Do you think Greg or other coaches never said to GSP "you're on another planet than this guy"?

Really, answer honestly or dont answer.

I think Jackson is a bad example. To me he is the best, BECAUSE he doesn't tell his fighters stuff like that, he admits and prides himself how different he is about training and cornering and has his fighters usually more prepared than the opposition and never looking past them and doesn't give canned answers and typical corner advice. Now other's inculding Anderson's coaches, yeah probably.

Personally I subscribe to never talking or thinking in terms of deserve or superiority, it leads to cutting corners, assumptions and upsets.

9/14/13 2:09 AM
GSP24

It's funny when someone calls themselves one of the best in the world is the 1st one eliminated on TUF.

At least Big Country backed it up when he said that shit. Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 2:12 AM
Proteus The Invincible

BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
ChaosOverkill -

If Shayna's arrogant and entitled attitude is all just an act and she actually was taking her fight with Pena seriously, then Pena must just be a better fighter, at least in a head-to-head situation.
9/14/13 10:53 AM
Alumynabjj

BTT-RyannVonDoom -
Stonemann -
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
jacktripper - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom -
ChaosOverkill -

Has she stopped the guitar strumming thing? If she has I am,all for this heel move cause it can't be as cringe worthy as that goofy thing Phone Post
9/14/13 10:54 AM
Alumynabjj

Proteus The Invincible -
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
ChaosOverkill -

If Shayna's arrogant and entitled attitude is all just an act and she actually was taking her fight with Pena seriously, then Pena must just be a better fighter, at least in a head-to-head situation.
Yup... Pretty much. Phone Post
9/14/13 10:55 AM
Alumynabjj

BTT-RyannVonDoom -
CindyO -
BTT-RyannVonDoom -
Stonemann -
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
jacktripper - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom -
ChaosOverkill -

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
Gotta have faces and heels love. Not all can play the heel. Phone Post 3.0
I'm pretty sure winning pays better. Pass that along please. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.