UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Shayna Baszler's TUF Blog about tonight's ep.

9/14/13 11:58 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SamboMMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This Blog makes her alot worse than anything she said or did on the show. This Blog is clearly written months after the fight and she still acting like a bitchy spoiled loser. Atleast on the show you can claim the heat of the moment but you lose that when you're own home at your computer and can sit and reflect and formulate what you want to say.

Fighters that want to emulate Chael and play a Heel need to learn one important ability that Chael possesses that Shayna, the Diaz Bros and even Ronda don't possess. The ability to know when its time to turn it off.

The Ric Flair comparison is ludicrous. The Man is nearly 70 years old and still has to climb into the ring to make a living. I hope to God none of you want to see a MMA fighter in his 70s climbing into a cage.
9/14/13 12:12 PM
mcq
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meh.
I knew her name and knew she had been around a long time, but she had zero respect for Pena an got what she deserved.... And I enjoyed watching it.

I started the show rooting for her due to her credentials and obvious commitment to the sport but my opinion of her quickly soured, unfortunately.

It's a shame that she spent 11 yrs building her career and WMMA only to look and act the way she has recently.

If she has the character that some claim hopefully we see the real Shayna soon. Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 1:12 PM
Ocean6

mcq - Meh.
I knew her name and knew she had been around a long time, but she had zero respect for Pena an got what she deserved.... And I enjoyed watching it.

I started the show rooting for her due to her credentials and obvious commitment to the sport but my opinion of her quickly soured, unfortunately.

It's a shame that she spent 11 yrs building her career and WMMA only to look and act the way she has recently.

If she has the character that some claim hopefully we see the real Shayna soon. Phone Post 3.0

Will the real Slim Shayna

please stand up

Please stand up

Please stand up!
9/14/13 1:13 PM
Ocean6

Edited: 09/14/13 1:13 PM
edit:

Doubled because of the amazing Nissan Ad
9/14/13 1:19 PM
KingOfFighters

her record is mediocre, why does she hold herself that high on a pedastle?

lol she couldnt handle a brawler who plodded forward fighting like a rock em sock em robot lmfao.

she needs to retire, shes not good at this fighting stuff. Phone Post
9/14/13 1:21 PM
NAKMEEZY

" I know the real Shayma, This is heel Shayna"?

So you are saying she is a two faced farce and it was all just an act? Lol she needs better friends who will tell it like it is to her face.

Funny how some people feel important about knowing someone that's been on TV, yo the point where they start defending their lack of sportsmanship and sense of reality.

Shayna should attend the next PENA seminar!
9/14/13 2:44 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

NAKMEEZY - " I know the real Shayma, This is heel Shayna"?

So you are saying she is a two faced farce and it was all just an act? Lol she needs better friends who will tell it like it is to her face.

Funny how some people feel important about knowing someone that's been on TV, yo the point where they start defending their lack of sportsmanship and sense of reality.

Shayna should attend the next PENA seminar!

Yeah.. I feel important because of it. lol Thanks KKM.

Is an actor 2 faced? A prowrestler two faced for playing a role? Nope. Must be sad having your limited view of reality.

9/14/13 3:35 PM
Vulva Fabulous
723 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

****HUGE MEGA FRAT WARNING****

RVD, I honestly think it's very honorable at what you are doing here. Honestly, I really do. It goes a long way to show what a good friend you are, and anybody that doesn't see that is blind. I think you got put into a tough situation here. You should absolutely NOT have to defend her fighting ability or what she has meant to WMMA...IMO I think that's ridiculous that you've been placed in that spot. Also, I think many fans have forgotten why they are angry. Actually, I think angry is not the correct word or phrase. I think disappointed or turned off from rooting for her is more appropriate.....then again, maybe it's just my personal opinion so I won't speak for others going forward.

As for me, I honestly did not have a problem with the prefight hype talk. Did it seem like a bit much? Yes, without a doubt, but no more than what I've heard hundreds of times before from male fighters. Just watch any UFC as they go into the "Gladiator" intro. There's nothing that was said before her first fight in the TUF house that hasn't been said or even eclipsed by male fighters. So, from the start I'm sure many people are going off of their preconceptions of how a woman should act instead of how a fighter should act. That goes for after the fight as well. We've seen fighters lose on TUF and go in the back and cry because they felt they let their family down. So once again, I have zero issue with what she said after losing. Her emotions were obviously running high there, factor in that regardless of what others are saying on this thread about her record, she has paved the way for many of the fighters in the house....that includes both coaches. I understand Rousey is a Bronze Medal winner in the Olympics, but there were other World Class Judokas that fought before Ronda won the Bronze that didn't fight MMA afterwards because there simply wasn't a clear path to do so. There could be an argument as to how much of what she did in her career paved the way for the newer generation of female fighters when you compare her to say Gina, but Gina was also very marketable due to her looks as much as her skillset. None the less, Shayna was a major contributor, and after fighting in Bingo Halls and VFWs for 11 years only to lose in the 1st round of a tournament that many had her as one of the favorites to win had to be completely heartbreaking. So, again, I have ZERO issue with what she said immediately after or crying. Hell, as a man, if I was in her position and lost to somebody that I was expected to beat on paper, I'd cry and probably say some things unbecoming of me.

With that said, I think if it stopped there, any negative talk about Shayna wouldn't have made it 24hrs before many here would've been going forward with the "keep your chin up" comments. However, it didn't stop there...and it wasn't just Shayna that turned this into what it is today. Ronda had just as much to do with this IMO....but not because of the prefight comments. IMO, I think that people are pouring on Shayna due to being fed up with the way Ronda has been acting. It didn't help Shayna that Ronda immediately got pissed off at Tate because she was happy for Pena that she won and pulled off the upset. Even you can agree that Ronda was out of line by getting pissed off at Meisha Tate for celebrating Pena's win there, especially when Tate wasn't being out of line and has even stated that Shayna is a friend. Then you add in Ronda getting upset at Meisha for her choice of who was fighting in the next men's fight. I think that many people are reflecting their anger and frustration towards Shayna for the way Ronda acted immediately after Shayna lost.

But, it doesn't end there. Of course, the Blog was the icing on the cake. But yet again, not for the reason I think is being said. I honestly feel that the way that Shayna decided to try and get people to hate on Pena by being little Miss Gertrude Gossip (I made that up btw lol) and write about how nobody likes her in the house and that she's 2 faced....THEN go on about how she would win 99 times out of 100 and that she should've never been on the show because of her past accomplishments. Regardless if that may be true or not, she even admitted that she made the decision to go try out. She said she wasn't invited IIRC...so she may have had a chance to fight for the UFC by other means....and there's a decent chance that she would have gotten the call considering there will be more women on the roster after this season. She chose to go try out for the show....and I don't blame her. It's great exposure, especially if she won. The fact that she lost wasn't the end all, be all either. If she gets back on due to an injury and wins....it's a great story. However, for some reason, she decided to try and air some dirt on Pena by trashing her personally on her blog 3 months after her loss. She tried to make Pena out to be a "Pretty" girl looking for attention for reasons other than her fighting skills. IMO, that came off as bad as anything else that Shayna did. That Blog plus the way Ronda acted was the perfect storm IMO.

I'm sorry for the FRAT. As I said, I suppose I could be wrong about all of this and maybe that's just how I feel...but it is my opinion. I personally don't hate Shayna. I still have nothing but respect for all she's done for WMMA. I was just completely turned off by what she decided to discuss in that Blog. Phone Post
9/14/13 5:32 PM
KZTT_W85
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you don't win, it doesn't matter how you market yourself.

Heels only make money when the fans are worried they will beat the baby face.

The heel thing is an excuse for looking bad anyway IMO.

End of story.

(For those to say "look at chael" the guy has only lost to world champs and possible goats in a long time) Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 5:59 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Vulva Fabulous -  ****HUGE MEGA FRAT WARNING****

RVD, I honestly think it's very honorable at what you are doing here. Honestly, I really do. It goes a long way to show what a good friend you are, and anybody that doesn't see that is blind. I think you got put into a tough situation here. You should absolutely NOT have to defend her fighting ability or what she has meant to WMMA...IMO I think that's ridiculous that you've been placed in that spot. Also, I think many fans have forgotten why they are angry. Actually, I think angry is not the correct word or phrase. I think disappointed or turned off from rooting for her is more appropriate.....then again, maybe it's just my personal opinion so I won't speak for others going forward.

As for me, I honestly did not have a problem with the prefight hype talk. Did it seem like a bit much? Yes, without a doubt, but no more than what I've heard hundreds of times before from male fighters. Just watch any UFC as they go into the "Gladiator" intro. There's nothing that was said before her first fight in the TUF house that hasn't been said or even eclipsed by male fighters. So, from the start I'm sure many people are going off of their preconceptions of how a woman should act instead of how a fighter should act. That goes for after the fight as well. We've seen fighters lose on TUF and go in the back and cry because they felt they let their family down. So once again, I have zero issue with what she said after losing. Her emotions were obviously running high there, factor in that regardless of what others are saying on this thread about her record, she has paved the way for many of the fighters in the house....that includes both coaches. I understand Rousey is a Bronze Medal winner in the Olympics, but there were other World Class Judokas that fought before Ronda won the Bronze that didn't fight MMA afterwards because there simply wasn't a clear path to do so. There could be an argument as to how much of what she did in her career paved the way for the newer generation of female fighters when you compare her to say Gina, but Gina was also very marketable due to her looks as much as her skillset. None the less, Shayna was a major contributor, and after fighting in Bingo Halls and VFWs for 11 years only to lose in the 1st round of a tournament that many had her as one of the favorites to win had to be completely heartbreaking. So, again, I have ZERO issue with what she said immediately after or crying. Hell, as a man, if I was in her position and lost to somebody that I was expected to beat on paper, I'd cry and probably say some things unbecoming of me.

With that said, I think if it stopped there, any negative talk about Shayna wouldn't have made it 24hrs before many here would've been going forward with the "keep your chin up" comments. However, it didn't stop there...and it wasn't just Shayna that turned this into what it is today. Ronda had just as much to do with this IMO....but not because of the prefight comments. IMO, I think that people are pouring on Shayna due to being fed up with the way Ronda has been acting. It didn't help Shayna that Ronda immediately got pissed off at Tate because she was happy for Pena that she won and pulled off the upset. Even you can agree that Ronda was out of line by getting pissed off at Meisha Tate for celebrating Pena's win there, especially when Tate wasn't being out of line and has even stated that Shayna is a friend. Then you add in Ronda getting upset at Meisha for her choice of who was fighting in the next men's fight. I think that many people are reflecting their anger and frustration towards Shayna for the way Ronda acted immediately after Shayna lost.

But, it doesn't end there. Of course, the Blog was the icing on the cake. But yet again, not for the reason I think is being said. I honestly feel that the way that Shayna decided to try and get people to hate on Pena by being little Miss Gertrude Gossip (I made that up btw lol) and write about how nobody likes her in the house and that she's 2 faced....THEN go on about how she would win 99 times out of 100 and that she should've never been on the show because of her past accomplishments. Regardless if that may be true or not, she even admitted that she made the decision to go try out. She said she wasn't invited IIRC...so she may have had a chance to fight for the UFC by other means....and there's a decent chance that she would have gotten the call considering there will be more women on the roster after this season. She chose to go try out for the show....and I don't blame her. It's great exposure, especially if she won. The fact that she lost wasn't the end all, be all either. If she gets back on due to an injury and wins....it's a great story. However, for some reason, she decided to try and air some dirt on Pena by trashing her personally on her blog 3 months after her loss. She tried to make Pena out to be a "Pretty" girl looking for attention for reasons other than her fighting skills. IMO, that came off as bad as anything else that Shayna did. That Blog plus the way Ronda acted was the perfect storm IMO.

I'm sorry for the FRAT. As I said, I suppose I could be wrong about all of this and maybe that's just how I feel...but it is my opinion. I personally don't hate Shayna. I still have nothing but respect for all she's done for WMMA. I was just completely turned off by what she decided to discuss in that Blog. Phone Post

Vulva,

Thank you for the kind words about me. I'm loyal to a fault almost. When it comes to friends and defending them, I will until death. I'd hope that through my tenure here on the UG, that's been clear. She's very special to me and has been for a long time.. I chat with her daily (sans time in the tuf house) and I am honored to call her my friend. I get the insight of just how special she is, and it is a terrible thing to see others try to belittle that or shit all over it. Most here will make their own judgements based on the character she's playing on the show and in her writing, which is fine but they seem to forget who her mentor is, Josh Barnett. This is nothing new in MMA, let alone combat sports.

This is the internets, so I know just how it can be, I've been on it since I was a child and nothing is as bad as the AOL chatrooms back in the day with the douchebaggery there. Most are 13ers and some known trolls, doesn't truly bother me.

Far as her actions on the show, I know she was going for the grizzled veteran and with how editing is they are making her out to be this certain way and she's running with it. Look at what's going on.. People since the episode have erupted, they are talking about her.. they are going on about how she should be or what she has done etc.. it completely eclipsed the bellator event yesterday, what pena has done, hell it's gathering more attention than the next UFC event at the moment. Most are falling hook line and sinker for it.. and that's fucking awesome. #Queensarmy was trending for a few days because of all of this. As much as the haters are pissing on the Queen of Spades persona, they are giving Shayna EXACTLY what she wanted, the attention to be talked about. No matter if she won or lost, she's the most talked about fighter to come out of TUF right now since Kimbo.

Those calling her cunt, bitch etc... lol they have zero idea.. She'll be in the UFC, too much attention has been gathered for her not to be. I'm betting Dana is loving all this. You haven't seen the last of the Queen of Spades.

9/14/13 6:47 PM
Vulva Fabulous
723 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah bro, it's crystal clear that you are a great friend, she's lucky to have friends like you. The fact that she has friends like you willing to defend her to the lengths that you and others are going to says something to me. It really goes to show that she is obviously a good person. If she was trying this awful, cocky, entitled, trash talking female fighter that she appeared to come off like on the show, I highly doubt people like you or others would defend her in the manner that you are. I hope I have friends like that :)

As far as the heel discussion, let me go on record here and state that unlike others in this thread, I actually believe she was going full heel. After taking everything I've read in consideration in this thread along with other that's, it actually makes perfect sense why many posters on this thread have claimed that she didn't seem to be honestly as confident as the way she was made it out to be when she was talking trash on last weeks episode. I saw more than a few posts where others stated that it appeared that she was saying all of those things trying to convince herself that she would win because she was nervous to fight JP and in fact she really thought she would lose or that she was scared.

Looking back, it now makes perfect sense that it didn't appear genuine but not because she was scared or believed she would lose. IMO it seemed fake because like you said, she was "playing the role of a heel" and while I'm sure she was confident going into that fight, she probably didn't truly believe everything she said.

However, I will still contend that it would've been all fine and dandy, even with the misdirected hate she's getting due to Ronda running her mouth, if she didn't cross the line and go with the personal attack when she claimed that nobody likes her in the house. I also feel that she may have had a little less of a backlash from fight fans if she gave JP a little more than 1 short sentence of praise at the end of that blog and less excuses....know what I mean? Let's forget Chael and how he goes full heel....let's look at Bisping. He seems to be universally hated for being cocky and brash and always trash talking, but at the end of the day, if he loses, he never ever makes an excuse and generally praises the other fighter for beating him fair and square.....regardless of how much trash he talks leading up to a fight.

See my point? Regardless, I think you're doing a great job defending her. Phone Post
9/14/13 6:58 PM
surfing
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you 2 need to get a room.....
9/14/13 7:04 PM
CindyO

Alumynabjj -
BTT-RyannVonDoom -
CindyO -
BTT-RyannVonDoom -
Stonemann -
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
jacktripper - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom -
ChaosOverkill -
BTT-RyannVonDoom - Chaos, no. But a dana quote worked out perfectly here. Phone Post 3.0

alright lol, fair enough, your loyalty to Shayna is admirable, all I'm saying is there's balance and learning experience in everything.

Trust me, i know. And i'll defend my friends to the end.. Doesnt matter. Besides I know the real shayna, this is heel shayna and everyone is falling for it big time. Phone Post 3.0
I don't watch wrestling... Are the heels usually hunched over sobbing while being comforted by their trainer? Phone Post 3.0

lol @ you dont watch wrestling.. yes. They had a lot of heels lose(job) to the baby face heroes and showed devestation and such. But hey, do you.

Biggest cheater/heel ever ...Ric Flair. Oldest wrestler still earning a payday ....Ric Flair.

Shayna is no heel, I am just saying ;)
She is now. She's gone heel. Phone Post 3.0
Because she knows it pays better:)

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
Gotta have faces and heels love. Not all can play the heel. Phone Post 3.0
I'm pretty sure winning pays better. Pass that along please. Phone Post
Well that too:)

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 7:22 PM
JJSFC
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Late to the party but what's the deal with all this 'heel' rubbish?

Whether she's training with a pro-wrestler like Josh Barnett or not, maybe she isn't really 'playing heel' and is being herself - and people simply just don't like the way she comes across?
9/14/13 8:06 PM
Proteus The Invincible
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryann, if Shayna is playing the role of a heel to generate fan interest, and the fans are falling for it hook, line and sinker, then why are you trying to counteract her efforts by making her out to be a face? If, like you say, Shayna's aiming to be disliked because it will benefit her, then surely you should be helping her to achieve that goal as her friend, or at least not actively attempting to undo the progress she's making towards that goal.
9/14/13 8:34 PM
time traveling 12er
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Proteus The Invincible - Ryann, if Shayna is playing the role of a heel to generate fan interest, and the fans are falling for it hook, line and sinker, then why are you trying to counteract her efforts by making her out to be a face? If, like you say, Shayna's aiming to be disliked because it will benefit her, then surely you should be helping her to achieve that goal as her friend, or at least not actively attempting to undo the progress she's making towards that goal.

Modern wise wrestling fans are well aware of the angles that are being played. He's speaking to the wise MMA fans.
9/14/13 9:03 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

donniejessup - She is following the Gabe Ruediger career path, hope it works out.

The fuck are you talking about? She made weight and still fought. Did Gabe? Get the fuck out of here with your idiocy.. atleast the trolls had interesting angles with this, what's your excuse with this insipid shit? 

9/14/13 9:07 PM
StrikingMMA
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shayna was a little over the top with the trash talk and she got humbled. I'm sure she will learn from this and be better going forward.
9/14/13 9:07 PM
StrikingMMA
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PS: Please get Shayna into the UFC anyways. She is still a beast and represents the ladies well.
9/14/13 10:35 PM
Proteus The Invincible
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

time traveling 12er - 
Proteus The Invincible - Ryann, if Shayna is playing the role of a heel to generate fan interest, and the fans are falling for it hook, line and sinker, then why are you trying to counteract her efforts by making her out to be a face? If, like you say, Shayna's aiming to be disliked because it will benefit her, then surely you should be helping her to achieve that goal as her friend, or at least not actively attempting to undo the progress she's making towards that goal.

Modern wise wrestling fans are well aware of the angles that are being played. He's speaking to the wise MMA fans.

I still don't see why Ryann should be breaking kayfabe by letting people in on Shayna's act. If her persona is a creation designed to generate negative attention, she obviously has people convinced that it's the real her, so why undermine the act by revealing to people that it's all just pretend?
9/14/13 10:57 PM
BigSleep
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/14/13 10:56 PM
yikes
9/14/13 11:23 PM
BlueWrapper

N Phone Post 3.0
9/15/13 1:37 AM
CindyO

Proteus The Invincible -
time traveling 12er - 

I still don't see why Ryann should be breaking kayfabe by letting people in on Shayna's act. If her persona is a creation designed to generate negative attention, she obviously has people convinced that it's the real her, so why undermine the act by revealing to people that it's all just pretend?
Nothing he said came from Shayna. Its his opinion. She's not accountable for that.

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
9/15/13 1:39 AM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

CindyO - 
Proteus The Invincible -
time traveling 12er - 

Nothing he said came from Shayna. Its his opinion. She's not accountable for that.

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

9/15/13 9:39 AM
jTheHybridwolff
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stonemann -
jTheHybridwolff - 
Jesus KO'd stayrad -
jTheHybridwolff -
Internettufguy - Hybridwolff, I voted you down for your bitch-like attitude about being voted down.

(I was even good and used "bitch" as an adjective instead of a noun so it wouldn't be fighter bashing) Phone Post 3.0
Bitch like attitude ? Ok
I apologized for it to the person I accused of voting me down Now that I think about I should have never said anything let alone accuse anyone of it that being said
You should watch how you throw the word bitch around sounds like you've been someone's from time to Time Phone Post 3.0
I'm voting you down for your bitch like attitude too bro Phone Post 3.0

2 votes a day. giving them to you. Brother from another mother. Our family is unique.
Thanks bro Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.