UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Shayna Baszler's TUF Blog about tonight's ep.

9/12/13 4:16 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
epic hero
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus KO'd stayrad - 
JustPeed - Shayna came across obnoxiously cocky and unlikeable in the episode tonight

And in this blog Phone Post
This. Didn't know much of her apart from liking her fights but I'm not a fan after seein her on show and reading that blog. Phone Post 3.0

She's telling people to take her seminars maybe she should take seminar's on how to defend a rear naked choke
9/12/13 4:30 AM
edock02

Wow reading her blog, she really believes she is above almost everyone.
Made watching a replay of her fight with Cyborg more enjoyable hehe
9/12/13 4:49 AM
dbeedy
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yea I don't think she gained any fans tonight. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 5:06 AM
mikerobmma
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For a person who holds an unremarkable record, in the women's division for that matter, she sure does think highly of herself.

Maybe pulling off weird subs on cans gets to your head after awhile. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 5:20 AM
Chromium
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mikerobmma - For a person who holds an unremarkable record, in the women's division for that matter, she sure does think highly of herself.

Maybe pulling off weird subs on cans gets to your head after awhile. Phone Post 3.0

Honestly? Cockiness aside, her professional losses without exception have all been to other pioneers of the sport and she has multiple wins over major opponents.

In the last 6.5 years she's only lost to Alexis Davis, Sara McMann, Sarah Kaufman, and motherfucking Cyborg.

She definitely came off looking the heel last night, but attacking her record is dumb. I assume you think Randy Couture's record is pretty "unremarkable" too, since he's 19-11 lifetime.

9/12/13 5:38 AM
ChaosOverkill
370 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Her and Ronda belong on the same team.

#Newteamcockydelusional

9/12/13 5:43 AM
mattb425

While I do think Shayna seemed overconfident, that first round showed what many of her other fights have showed me:

1. She is EXTREMELY skilled and
2. She is just undersized for 135

I think I saw an interview where she said she walked around at 150 but I know she's had several fights where she's weighed in well under 135. Her fight with Sara McMann is her prototypical fight where you can tell she (at that point in time) was far more skilled than her opponent but just didn't have the strength to stay on top. That girl she fought, Pena, I thought look mediocre as all get out. Baszler gave her the fight. Pena seems like she's on the same kind of stuff Cyborg is on. She is by far the strongest fighter on the show but I still just don't see her winning. I think one of them with a good guard is just going to hold her and tap her one of these fights. But who knows, no one's beaten Cyborg yet. The winners and losers of this tournament are kind of superfluous because I'm sure almost all of them are going to have UFC careers. This show is just a way of promoting the first batch of woman. On the other hand, I think all of the guys will probably be forgotten. The most interesting guy left with a hamstring injury.
9/12/13 6:12 AM
SJCOTTON
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pena is hot Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 6:24 AM
44 Magnum
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder if she could do a seminar on how to defend a rear naked choke??
9/12/13 6:49 AM
Vader03
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow. Guess i dont care for shayna much Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 6:51 AM
ChaosOverkill
370 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mattb425 - While I do think Shayna seemed overconfident, that first round showed what many of her other fights have showed me:

1. She is EXTREMELY skilled and
2. She is just undersized for 135

I think I saw an interview where she said she walked around at 150 but I know she's had several fights where she's weighed in well under 135. Her fight with Sara McMann is her prototypical fight where you can tell she (at that point in time) was far more skilled than her opponent but just didn't have the strength to stay on top. That girl she fought, Pena, I thought look mediocre as all get out. Baszler gave her the fight. Pena seems like she's on the same kind of stuff Cyborg is on. She is by far the strongest fighter on the show but I still just don't see her winning. I think one of them with a good guard is just going to hold her and tap her one of these fights. But who knows, no one's beaten Cyborg yet. The winners and losers of this tournament are kind of superfluous because I'm sure almost all of them are going to have UFC careers. This show is just a way of promoting the first batch of woman. On the other hand, I think all of the guys will probably be forgotten. The most interesting guy left with a hamstring injury.

bla bla bla it's never the fight I like's fault

9/12/13 7:08 AM
Dominique Robinson
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

victorpoprock - Could you be any more of a sore loser? Phone Post
Tell me about it Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 7:43 AM
shinbang

epic hero - This chick sounds delusional

^^^^^
9/12/13 7:51 AM
MrLawBoy
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Win 100% fantasy fights against Pena and lose 100% of the real ones. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 7:55 AM
AndersonSilvasMoney
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

armbarring - Salty

9/12/13 7:57 AM
Lynchman
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/12/13 8:01 AM
Good lord, I would not think it was possible for Baszler to look worse than she did on the show, but the blog proves me wrong.

I am three times the fighter she is? Apparently not, she just beat you. Peña outstruck her in impressive fashion and kept moving forward.

Baszler got beat and still acts like an ass.
9/12/13 8:24 AM
pegson123

Shayna Phone Post
9/12/13 8:56 AM
In Limbo
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

prior to TUF, i only knew shayna from watching her fights, i liked her

esp bc she walked out playing (air playing) an electric guitar and is one of Barnett's people

but man, on the show she was very off putting and i was kinda disappointed when i realized she wasnt the type of person i imagined her to be.....but i never knew her prior and maybe that's the way shess always been

i didnt want to jinx it, but in my mind i knew there was an upset brewing with the way she was disregarding her opponent (i know diff athletes have diff ways of getting psyched up)

this blog doesnt help, but at least she acknowledged that Pena could scrap

9/12/13 8:58 AM
CaptChaos

Edited: 09/12/13 9:06 AM
On paper Shayna is better than Pena but hard work will beat talent when talent doesn't want to work hard. <br /><br />She underestimated her opponent and that never bodes well. Instead of Ronda agreeing Pena didn't deserve to breath the same air as her Ronda should have been saying...stay focused and don't underestimate her. <br /><br />Tara Larosa lost her fight to get into the house. A few years ago she was the #1 ranked female fighter in the world. The girl that beat her had just started training when Tara was #1. <br /><br />Like him or hate him this is why I like Bisping. He always beats the guys he's supposed to beat. <br /><br />It all comes down to mindset and her mind was not in the right place. Instead of bashing the girl that just beat you...Handily, give Pena some credit and learn from it. I still don't think Shayna has learned from this experience. Pena had the idol worship thing going on and she was very nervous but that's what got her through the fight. Pena needs work on her skills but Meisha is right...the girl has Heart!<br />
9/12/13 9:11 AM
TuLegit

Gotta love how she compares herself to rousey in this big monologue as though some fight could break out because they're so evenly matched. Gimme a break shayna. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 9:49 AM
BuddyRevell
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/12/13 9:57 AM
hackett - 

"The first day of practice would be a dream for many hardcore fans of WMMA: Ronda and I just rolling."  WOW.

LOL this particular gem is so eye-rollingly bad. Talk about delusions of grandeur. Are there any male fighters that are as serious as this about their status as an "MMA Legend?" I mean even Chael only talks like this to be funny, haha.

9/12/13 9:59 AM
ChrisWeidmanedmydiameter
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JustPeed - Shayna came across obnoxiously cocky and unlikeable in the episode tonight

She called herself one of the best 2 females in the world.... Then loses first round. Phone Post
9/12/13 10:09 AM
BKViper
409 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to be fan of hers, guess I still am a fan of her fighting, but I'm not a fan of hers as a person.
Same thing goes for Rhonda after that episode.
"Don't smile at my fighters pain!"
I was like WTF? she's smiling because she's happy for her fighter. I guess Rhonda has never been happy for someone else after they fight? Because if she was, then she did the same thing she is accusing Meisha of doing. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 10:14 AM
DJmixmasterMobbie

Juliana whoooped your ass. Get over it.
9/12/13 10:28 AM
djones
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JustPeed -  Shayna came across obnoxiously cocky and unlikeable in the episode tonight

This

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.