UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Shayna Baszler's TUF Blog about tonight's ep.

9/12/13 10:35 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Alumynabjj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She needs to get over herself as I have been watching her for years. Womens MMA is making huge leaps and bounds and she will not be a player in the next two years. Also, her attitude has always been garbage and dare I say comical how she tries to come off as this badass as it is so forced. Lastly the guitar strumming is so awkward it is cringe worthy.
9/12/13 10:40 AM
chaplinshouse
650 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/12/13 10:40 AM

i have never cheered harder for a fighter i've never heard of in my entire life.  shayna is annoying and if she thinks she's sooooo superior why voice it every chance? comes off super insecure.  got what she deserved but it seems she STILL hasn't learned from it after all this cool down time.  and it's not like she got caught with a lucky punch, her technique, heart, attitude  looked horrible.  those comments in her blog removed all doubt.  a true legend in her own mind.  yes, what a thrill it must have been for wmma fans to watch her and ronda roll.  must have needed mops to wipe the mats of the fan section after

9/12/13 10:41 AM
I_Bungalo_Baboo_Babies
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No Budo, still no humility in defeat Phone Post
9/12/13 10:47 AM
smth416
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gross
9/12/13 10:58 AM
JJSFC
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Both her and Ronda have damaged public perception of them both after that episode. They both came across horribly.
9/12/13 11:14 AM
Jambo888
317 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

apparently the queen of spades isn't the death card after all... you know you're going to lose, and gambling is for fools 

9/12/13 11:31 AM
Sisu
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jambo888 -

apparently the queen of spades isn't the death card after all... you know you're going to lose, and gambling is for fools 

But that's the way I like it. I don't want to live forever. Phone Post
9/12/13 11:36 AM
MainelyBJJ
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TuLegit - Gotta love how she compares herself to rousey in this big monologue as though some fight could break out because they're so evenly matched. Gimme a break shayna. Phone Post 3.0

She will never see a title fight in the UFC.

9/12/13 11:45 AM
In Limbo
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

apparently no one in this thread is aprt of "The Queen's Army"

we are just mere foolish mortals

9/12/13 11:53 AM
JJSFC
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Limbo - 

I was just about to comment about this so-called "Queen's Army". How strong is this army?
9/12/13 11:53 AM
epwar
565 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JustPeed -  Shayna came across obnoxiously cocky and unlikeable in the episode tonight

And in this blog Phone Post

She was super cocky in the premiere as well.  When telling her dad of her opponent she was like, "Who?" and he is like, "I've never heard of her" and she says, "Exactly."  Gee, I wonder where she got it from?

9/12/13 12:04 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
670 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crack !

9/12/13 12:06 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

JJSFC -
In Limbo - 

I was just about to comment about this so-called "Queen's Army". How strong is this army?
We are legion. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 12:11 PM
Kostakio
387 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hackett -

"The first day of practice would be a dream for many hardcore fans of WMMA: Ronda and I just rolling."  WOW.

haha wow is right Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 12:16 PM
SikRick

Whats funny is ive watched Julianna at numerous grappling tourneys and I watched her take second in a no gi mens division.  Her brawling makes her grappling a little off, but I think she grappled bad for how good she is.  She fought so much it threw off her grappling.  She would sub Shayna in a grappling match too.  It was not Penas best performance, If she is on she would beat Shayna in 2 min

9/12/13 12:26 PM
Shogun of Harlem
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JJSFC - 
In Limbo - 

It's "An Army of One" (to reference another cheesy saying)
9/12/13 12:33 PM
Vulva Fabulous
643 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey everybody, let's cut her a little slack. I'm sure it's not only extremely disappointing but probably heart wrenching for her to have been at the forefront of the push to have WMMA in the UFC for years, be widely considered a pioneer in the sport but still have to go through the TUF tournament to get a contract and lose.

IMO it's obvious that she feels slighted and disrespected for having to do this show....even though by winning 3 fights on TUF instead of having 3 fights in the UFC would've given her INSTANT name recognition amongst casual fans along with a big push from the UFC. I'm sure they would've been marketing her as the female version of Rocky.

Mark my words when I tell you that there isn't another female fighter in the world, let alone in that house, that has as much experience fighting professionally. Now, let's just kick some ROX and screw around and pretend that there was another female fighter in the house with 25 professional fights that has travelled abroad and trained in other countries in multiple disciplines that was known as a pioneer in WMMA.

If there was this fictional fighter with all of the conditions and attributes I listed above.....in essence another female Rocky (I guess instead of calling her a female Rocky she'd be known as Roxanne, right? LOL) she'd most definitely act super cocky/confident, she'd walk around with a chip on her shoulder, talk down towards other fighters in the house and she would come off the same way she has after last night's show and blog. It's just a theory of mine, but I wish there really was another female Rocky.....or rather, Roxanne...in the TUF house this season so you could see what I mean. Phone Post
9/12/13 12:39 PM
In Limbo
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vulva Fabulous -  Hey everybody, let's cut her a little slack. I'm sure it's not only extremely disappointing but probably heart wrenching for her to have been at the forefront of the push to have WMMA in the UFC for years, be widely considered a pioneer in the sport but still have to go through the TUF tournament to get a contract and lose.

IMO it's obvious that she feels slighted and disrespected for having to do this show....even though by winning 3 fights on TUF instead of having 3 fights in the UFC would've given her INSTANT name recognition amongst casual fans along with a big push from the UFC. I'm sure they would've been marketing her as the female version of Rocky.

Mark my words when I tell you that there isn't another female fighter in the world, let alone in that house, that has as much experience fighting professionally. Now, let's just kick some ROX and screw around and pretend that there was another female fighter in the house with 25 professional fights that has travelled abroad and trained in other countries in multiple disciplines that was known as a pioneer in WMMA.

If there was this fictional fighter with all of the conditions and attributes I listed above.....in essence another female Rocky (I guess instead of calling her a female Rocky she'd be known as Roxanne, right? LOL) she'd most definitely act super cocky/confident, she'd walk around with a chip on her shoulder, talk down towards other fighters in the house and she would come off the same way she has after last night's show and blog. It's just a theory of mine, but I wish there really was another female Rocky.....or rather, Roxanne...in the TUF house this season so you could see what I mean. Phone Post

hahahah vtfu

i was about to try and "son" you then i "picked up what you wre putting down"

war ROX

9/12/13 12:45 PM
ClemenzasCannoli
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pessimist_Pete - Glad I'm not in the queens army. Phone Post 3.0
I think its the Jester's Army because she's the butt of everyone's jokes now Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 12:54 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Keep talking :) heel's cheers are the boos. When you're marketed like that, gotta embrace it. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 12:57 PM
BrCutter
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Limbo - 
Vulva Fabulous -  Hey everybody, let's cut her a little slack. I'm sure it's not only extremely disappointing but probably heart wrenching for her to have been at the forefront of the push to have WMMA in the UFC for years, be widely considered a pioneer in the sport but still have to go through the TUF tournament to get a contract and lose.

hahahah vtfu

i was about to try and "son" you then i "picked up what you wre putting down"

war ROX

haha, good take Vulva. vtfu

9/12/13 12:58 PM
ClemenzasCannoli
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vulva Fabulous - Hey everybody, let's cut her a little slack. I'm sure it's not only extremely disappointing but probably heart wrenching for her to have been at the forefront of the push to have WMMA in the UFC for years, be widely considered a pioneer in the sport but still have to go through the TUF tournament to get a contract and lose.

You are 100% wrong. She should be given no slack whatsoever. I don't care how good she is or more likely thinks she is, it doesn't excuse the behavior. She was obnoxious before the fight, immediately after then much later in her blog. So, even after time to let the adrenaline wear off ,she still was an ass. Your character and the kind of person you are is magnified when faced with adversity and she just showed the world what kind of person she really is Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 1:10 PM
Vulva Fabulous
643 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ClemenzasCannoli -
Vulva Fabulous - Hey everybody, let's cut her a little slack. I'm sure it's not only extremely disappointing but probably heart wrenching for her to have been at the forefront of the push to have WMMA in the UFC for years, be widely considered a pioneer in the sport but still have to go through the TUF tournament to get a contract and lose.

You are 100% wrong. She should be given no slack whatsoever. I don't care how good she is or more likely thinks she is, it doesn't excuse the behavior. She was obnoxious before the fight, immediately after then much later in her blog. So, even after time to let the adrenaline wear off ,she still was an ass. Your character and the kind of person you are is magnified when faced with adversity and she just showed the world what kind of person she really is Phone Post 3.0
I think you and warrorsmmd should really read what I wrote instead of skimming through it so you could rush to reply. I think in the end, you will see that I am correct.

Sometimes I feel like I'm pushing rox uphill. Phone Post
9/12/13 1:11 PM
Tomato Can
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seeing that the SAME gal upset Tara LaRosa in the prelims, you'd think Baszler wouldn't have been so cocky based on the strength of her "pioneer" status. The truth of the matter is that her standup and conditioning are not very good, and she's more of a gatekeeper in the division than a real contender.

Also, to whoever floated the idea that she's "too small for 135" that is total nonsense. She's fought plenty at 145 and at 5'7" she's taller than most women in the division.
9/12/13 1:11 PM
chew22

yeah baszler talks like a franchise (Queen's Army of Spades) and both her and Ronda were overconfident which cost them a win and momentum.

It was interesting reading about not being able to get UP for the fight. I guess TUF has drawbacks. I see that as an ongoing problem with TUF being the gateway to new recruits to the UFC. Other orgs have plenty of opportunity to do better recruiting.

all these girls have to start at the bottom rung again and work their way up, despite experience. that L was a pretty big wakeup call in that respect.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.