UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Shayna Baszler's TUF Blog about tonight's ep.

9/12/13 1:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DatSpider
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think I threw up a little in my mouth
9/12/13 1:17 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tomato Can - Seeing that the SAME gal upset Tara LaRosa in the prelims, you'd think Baszler wouldn't have been so cocky based on the strength of her "pioneer" status. The truth of the matter is that her standup and conditioning are not very good, and she's more of a gatekeeper in the division than a real contender.

Also, to whoever floated the idea that she's "too small for 135" that is total nonsense. She's fought plenty at 145 and at 5'7" she's taller than most women in the division.
Sarah moras is who upset tara, just sayin. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 1:18 PM
TARRat
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seriously? You don't see his point? Really?

C'mon man...
9/12/13 1:19 PM
GuidaClayAllDay
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

https://twitter.com/GuidaClayAllDay
Warriormmd - 
Vulva Fabulous -
ClemenzasCannoli -
Vulva Fabulous - Hey everybody, let's cut her a little slack. I'm sure it's not only extremely disappointing but probably heart wrenching for her to have been at the forefront of the push to have WMMA in the UFC for years, be widely considered a pioneer in the sport but still have to go through the TUF tournament to get a contract and lose.

IMO it's obvious that she feels slighted and disrespected for having to do this show....even though by winning 3 fights on TUF instead of having 3 fights in the UFC would've given her INSTANT name recognition amongst casual fans along with a big push from the UFC. I'm sure they would've been marketing her as the female version of Rocky.

Mark my words when I tell you that there isn't another female fighter in the world, let alone in that house, that has as much experience fighting professionally. Now, let's just kick some ROX and screw around and pretend that there was another female fighter in the house with 25 professional fights that has travelled abroad and trained in other countries in multiple disciplines that was known as a pioneer in WMMA.

If there was this fictional fighter with all of the conditions and attributes I listed above.....in essence another female Rocky (I guess instead of calling her a female Rocky she'd be known as Roxanne, right? LOL) she'd most definitely act super cocky/confident, she'd walk around with a chip on her shoulder, talk down towards other fighters in the house and she would come off the same way she has after last night's show and blog. It's just a theory of mine, but I wish there really was another female Rocky.....or rather, Roxanne...in the TUF house this season so you could see what I mean. Phone Post
You are 100% wrong. She should be given no slack whatsoever. I don't care how good she is or more likely thinks she is, it doesn't excuse the behavior. She was obnoxious before the fight, immediately after then much later in her blog. So, even after time to let the adrenaline wear off ,she still was an ass. Your character and the kind of person you are is magnified when faced with adversity and she just showed the world what kind of person she really is Phone Post 3.0
I think you and warrorsmmd should really read what I wrote instead of skimming through it so you could rush to reply. I think in the end, you will see that I am correct.

Sometimes I feel like I'm pushing rox uphill. Phone Post
Lol I read it all. I just don't see your point. She was a bitch and rude and she lost decisively and got what she deserved. Phone Post 3.0

warriormind needs a geology lesson. He clearly doesn't know anything about rox.

9/12/13 1:19 PM
Vulva Fabulous
737 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Warriormmd -
Vulva Fabulous -
ClemenzasCannoli -
Vulva Fabulous - Hey everybody, let's cut her a little slack. I'm sure it's not only extremely disappointing but probably heart wrenching for her to have been at the forefront of the push to have WMMA in the UFC for years, be widely considered a pioneer in the sport but still have to go through the TUF tournament to get a contract and lose.

IMO it's obvious that she feels slighted and disrespected for having to do this show....even though by winning 3 fights on TUF instead of having 3 fights in the UFC would've given her INSTANT name recognition amongst casual fans along with a big push from the UFC. I'm sure they would've been marketing her as the female version of Rocky.

Mark my words when I tell you that there isn't another female fighter in the world, let alone in that house, that has as much experience fighting professionally. Now, let's just kick some ROX and screw around and pretend that there was another female fighter in the house with 25 professional fights that has travelled abroad and trained in other countries in multiple disciplines that was known as a pioneer in WMMA.

If there was this fictional fighter with all of the conditions and attributes I listed above.....in essence another female Rocky (I guess instead of calling her a female Rocky she'd be known as Roxanne, right? LOL) she'd most definitely act super cocky/confident, she'd walk around with a chip on her shoulder, talk down towards other fighters in the house and she would come off the same way she has after last night's show and blog. It's just a theory of mine, but I wish there really was another female Rocky.....or rather, Roxanne...in the TUF house this season so you could see what I mean. Phone Post
You are 100% wrong. She should be given no slack whatsoever. I don't care how good she is or more likely thinks she is, it doesn't excuse the behavior. She was obnoxious before the fight, immediately after then much later in her blog. So, even after time to let the adrenaline wear off ,she still was an ass. Your character and the kind of person you are is magnified when faced with adversity and she just showed the world what kind of person she really is Phone Post 3.0
I think you and warrorsmmd should really read what I wrote instead of skimming through it so you could rush to reply. I think in the end, you will see that I am correct.

Lol I read it all. I just don't see your point. She was a bitch and rude and she lost decisively and got what she deserved. Phone Post 3.0
Ummmmm.......idk what to tell you then. I guess I apologize for asking you to read it from beginning to end.

Instead let's try this, look up. Phone Post
9/12/13 1:20 PM
In Limbo
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Warriormmd - 
Vulva Fabulous -
ClemenzasCannoli -

he was sarcastically referring to another contestant and LONGTIME UGer that subbd to this thread, roxanne modaffierri (sp?) that is part of the TUF 18 cast........look her up, find her on the show, and try to take notice of how she conducts herself in the 2 episodes shown

then you will find the salvation that is in vulva's post

9/12/13 1:22 PM
Big Pun
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the problem with talking smack is you have to win...unless you are Chael Sonnen
9/12/13 1:22 PM
Tomato Can
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
Tomato Can - Seeing that the SAME gal upset Tara LaRosa in the prelims, you'd think Baszler wouldn't have been so cocky based on the strength of her "pioneer" status. The truth of the matter is that her standup and conditioning are not very good, and she's more of a gatekeeper in the division than a real contender.

Also, to whoever floated the idea that she's "too small for 135" that is total nonsense. She's fought plenty at 145 and at 5'7" she's taller than most women in the division.
Sarah moras is who upset tara, just sayin. Phone Post 3.0

Crap, I somehow convinced myself it was the same gal from the nature of the losses.

Rest of my point still stands, though.
9/12/13 1:28 PM
sside maurice
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mattb425: "Pena seems like she's on the same kind of stuff Cyborg is on."

Wow.
9/12/13 1:32 PM
Vulva Fabulous
737 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just logged into my phone's browser just to vote everybody up that has posted on this exact page of this thread, even those that didn't "get it" because you're trying and it's making this thread funny :)

9/12/13 1:35 PM
Vulva Fabulous

sside maurice - mattb425: "Pena seems like she's on the same kind of stuff Cyborg is on."

Wow.
Yeah, I thought the same thing....wtf. what kind of "stuff" do you mean? She's a very effeminate female fighter, very pretty, not overly muscular whatsoever. I wasn't sure if I missed a joke somewhere. Phone Post
9/12/13 1:38 PM
jitzophrenic
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm pretty sure that Baszler's whole cocky Queen of Spades schtick stems from training under Josh Barnett.
9/12/13 1:39 PM
InTheWeedz

Shayna Bagel'er ... Phone Post
9/12/13 1:39 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

jitzophrenic - I'm pretty sure that Baszler's whole cocky Queen of Spades schtick stems from training under Josh Barnett.
Smartest poster in the thread. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 1:40 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

sside maurice - mattb425: "Pena seems like she's on the same kind of stuff Cyborg is on."

Wow.
I missed that.. Not cool. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 1:43 PM
InTheWeedz

InTheWeedz - Shayna Bagel'er ... Phone Post
Shayna Bagel'ers "adrenaline" lloll Phone Post
9/12/13 1:48 PM
Vulva Fabulous

InTheWeedz -
InTheWeedz - Shayna Bagel'er ... Phone Post
Shayna Bagel'ers "adrenaline" lloll Phone Post
How is that funny? There's a reason nobody laughed at your first post.....they were trying to ignore it.

Honestly, were you trying to insinuate that she is fat or something? Way to throw in an ad hominem attack when others are actually bringing up legit gripes about how she came off as disrespectful and as a sore loser by her actions before and after the fight on the show as well as what she wrote in her blog. Phone Post
9/12/13 1:57 PM
Vulva Fabulous

BTT-RyannVonDoom -
jitzophrenic - I'm pretty sure that Baszler's whole cocky Queen of Spades schtick stems from training under Josh Barnett.
Smartest poster in the thread. Phone Post 3.0
I think many posters understand that part, and while they might not have liked it, they were still fine with that. Sure, it's a tad awkward to hear it coming from a female, but....I think that the way she came off in her blog shifted people's view of her to that of a sore loser with a sense if entitlement....know what I mean?

I know for me, reading her personal attack in her blog is what did it for me. Phone Post
9/12/13 1:58 PM
Crooklyn
698 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BloodyElbow.com, Featured Writer

Allow me to remind you all that fighter bashing won't be tolerated. 'Bitch' and 'cunt' constitute fighter bashing. Just a reminder to those of you who seem to think you're above the rules.

9/12/13 2:20 PM
Crooklyn
698 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Internettufguy - I think talking about someone's personality and actions OUTSIDE of fighting should be fair game. As a fighter, I think she would likely be more offended by people talking about how poorly she fights rather than about her coming across cocky and bitchy in her blog. Phone Post 3.0

Sorry, but that's not how it works. You are still speaking about a fighter, and there is no fighter bashing, so keep the bitch, cunt and loser comments to yourself.

9/12/13 2:21 PM
RockTheVote
358 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crooklyn - 
Internettufguy - I think talking about someone's personality and actions OUTSIDE of fighting should be fair game. As a fighter, I think she would likely be more offended by people talking about how poorly she fights rather than about her coming across cocky and bitchy in her blog. Phone Post 3.0

Sorry, but that's not how it works. You are still speaking about a fighter, and there is no fighter bashing, so keep the bitch, cunt and loser comments to yourself.

hold on... honest question - if a celebrity says something dumb, we may mock. if a fighter says something dumb, we may not mock? the fuck? fighter bashing is "X is a shitty fighter," imo...

9/12/13 2:22 PM
Vulva Fabulous

Internettufguy - I think talking about someone's personality and actions OUTSIDE of fighting should be fair game. As a fighter, I think she would likely be more offended by people talking about how poorly she fights rather than about her coming across cocky and bitchy in her blog. Phone Post 3.0
There's a difference in describing somebody's actions as "coming off bitchy" and straight calling a pro fighter a "bitch". I'm pretty sure that's what Crooklyn means. If I'm wrong I apologize. Phone Post
9/12/13 2:23 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Vulva Fabulous -
Internettufguy - I think talking about someone's personality and actions OUTSIDE of fighting should be fair game. As a fighter, I think she would likely be more offended by people talking about how poorly she fights rather than about her coming across cocky and bitchy in her blog. Phone Post 3.0
There's a difference in describing somebody's actions as "coming off bitchy" and straight calling a pro fighter a "bitch". I'm pretty sure that's what Crooklyn means. If I'm wrong I apologize. Phone Post
Thats how i see it. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 2:30 PM
Crooklyn

RockTheVote - 
Crooklyn - 

hold on... honest question - if a celebrity says something dumb, we may mock. if a fighter says something dumb, we may not mock? the fuck? fighter bashing is "X is a shitty fighter," imo...

How did you completely misunderstand what I said. I said you cannot call her a bitch, a cunt, a loser, etc. Leave the namecalling somewhere else. That is fighterbashing, and the person that repeatedly called her a cunt and a bitch got frozen for it. Everyone else is doing fine by what I can see.

It's different to comment on a shitty attitude than to call a fighter a piece of shit. Hopefully you can wrap your brain around that and see the distinction.

9/12/13 2:51 PM
Crooklyn

Internettufguy - 
Crooklyn -

So, what about the threads about make fighters talking about your experiences meeting them. I'm not sure a nice thing has ever been said about Matt Hughes. Pretty sure Bryan Caraway takes a beating on these forums as well. Is there a double standard because Baszler is a female? Phone Post 3.0

I moderate whatever threads and posts I happen to see. There is not some silent alarm that goes off informing me someone name called a fighter. It all depends on who's around and what they see. If you see something you don't agree with, by all means, message one of us. We are all very accessible and responsive.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.