UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Shayna Baszler's TUF Blog about tonight's ep.

9/12/13 3:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TARRat
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wait a sec - is this orange (? I'm color blind - sue me) name for Steph new? Weren't you a gray (? again, color blind) name?

If so, congrats on the "promotion," but my condolences on the "headaches to ensue."
9/12/13 3:07 PM
Alumynabjj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTT-RyannVonDoom - Keep talking :) heel's cheers are the boos. When you're marketed like that, gotta embrace it. Phone Post 3.0

lol... ok. She is also a horrible heel. She is so bad at her gimmick it makes me cringe. Strictly amateur hour.
9/12/13 3:11 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Alumynabjj - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom - Keep talking :) heel's cheers are the boos. When you're marketed like that, gotta embrace it. Phone Post 3.0

lol... ok. She is also a horrible heel. She is so bad at her gimmick it makes me cringe. Strictly amateur hour.

11.6k views since last night when I posted this.. 135 posts. I'd say she's doing pretty well so far. 

9/12/13 3:13 PM
Chromium
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/12/13 3:15 PM
Vulva Fabulous -  Hey everybody, let's cut her a little slack. I'm sure it's not only extremely disappointing but probably heart wrenching for her to have been at the forefront of the push to have WMMA in the UFC for years, be widely considered a pioneer in the sport but still have to go through the TUF tournament to get a contract and lose.

IMO it's obvious that she feels slighted and disrespected for having to do this show....even though by winning 3 fights on TUF instead of having 3 fights in the UFC would've given her INSTANT name recognition amongst casual fans along with a big push from the UFC. I'm sure they would've been marketing her as the female version of Rocky.

Mark my words when I tell you that there isn't another female fighter in the world, let alone in that house, that has as much experience fighting professionally. Now, let's just kick some ROX and screw around and pretend that there was another female fighter in the house with 25 professional fights that has travelled abroad and trained in other countries in multiple disciplines that was known as a pioneer in WMMA.

If there was this fictional fighter with all of the conditions and attributes I listed above.....in essence another female Rocky (I guess instead of calling her a female Rocky she'd be known as Roxanne, right? LOL) she'd most definitely act super cocky/confident, she'd walk around with a chip on her shoulder, talk down towards other fighters in the house and she would come off the same way she has after last night's show and blog. It's just a theory of mine, but I wish there really was another female Rocky.....or rather, Roxanne...in the TUF house this season so you could see what I mean. Phone Post

"Rocky" Raquel Pennington is already on the show and is legitimately the dark horse no one is seeing right now (she and Shayna are friends irl btw).

EDIT: Roxanne rocks tho : )

9/12/13 3:14 PM
Leck Brosnar

BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
Alumynabjj - 

11.6k views since last night when I posted this.. 135 posts. I'd say she's doing pretty well so far. 

So a heel and can't even beat the worst woman in the house(RyannVonDoom's own words). Great marketing, good luck somewhere else than in the UFC.
9/12/13 3:21 PM
Vulva Fabulous
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crooklyn -
RockTheVote - 
Crooklyn - 
Internettufguy - I think talking about someone's personality and actions OUTSIDE of fighting should be fair game. As a fighter, I think she would likely be more offended by people talking about how poorly she fights rather than about her coming across cocky and bitchy in her blog. Phone Post 3.0

Sorry, but that's not how it works. You are still speaking about a fighter, and there is no fighter bashing, so keep the bitch, cunt and loser comments to yourself.

hold on... honest question - if a celebrity says something dumb, we may mock. if a fighter says something dumb, we may not mock? the fuck? fighter bashing is "X is a shitty fighter," imo...

How did you completely misunderstand what I said. I said you cannot call her a bitch, a cunt, a loser, etc. Leave the namecalling somewhere else. That is fighterbashing, and the person that repeatedly called her a cunt and a bitch got frozen for it. Everyone else is doing fine by what I can see.

It's different to comment on a shitty attitude than to call a fighter a piece of shit. Hopefully you can wrap your brain around that and see the distinction.

Thanks for clearing that up Steph. I think I'm ok, but if anything I said crossed the line I apologize. I generally steer clear of the grade school verbal insults/bullying. Phone Post
9/12/13 3:22 PM
I Wild Each It
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Had never heard of her before the show, and looks like I wasn't missing anything. For someone that talks about having no ego, she comes off like an egomaniac.
9/12/13 3:23 PM
JimmersonzGlove
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

edock02 - Wow reading her blog, she really believes she is above almost everyone.
Made watching a replay of her fight with Cyborg more enjoyable hehe

Cyborg beat her twice in the same fight. Some real Busta/Lindland madness.

9/12/13 3:28 PM
JimmersonzGlove
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sisu - 
Jambo888 -

apparently the queen of spades isn't the death card after all... you know you're going to lose, and gambling is for fools 

But that's the way I like it. I don't want to live forever. Phone Post

and don't forget the joker!!!

9/12/13 3:36 PM
ranier wolfcastle
992 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

round 1 pena landed all the best strikes but was on bottom 3 minutes

9/12/13 3:47 PM
lookoutawhale
1036 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hackett - 

"The first day of practice would be a dream for many hardcore fans of WMMA: Ronda and I just rolling."  WOW.

my thoughts exactly.

this girl came in too cocky, disrespected her opponent by put a playing card in her chest and then got thumped.

how can she claim shes one of the 2 best female fighters in the world when she just lost to a no-name chick? that other girl was tagging her over and over right from the opening.

9/12/13 4:06 PM
Pill Clinton

I couldn't even read all that non sense. Sore loser. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 4:13 PM
Whambo
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love how she was just humiliated on TV and her reaction is basically to give some backroom gossip in an effort to disparage her opponent. What a snake. And I love this "Queen's Army", 2 people strong!. The zero ego comment speaks for itself... She's still sticking to the "i'm too good for this show" despite losing her second fight against a green opponent.
9/12/13 4:29 PM
PhilBaroni
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im a fan , I like her.
9/12/13 4:32 PM
RockTheVote
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crooklyn -
RockTheVote - 
Crooklyn - 
Internettufguy - I think talking about someone's personality and actions OUTSIDE of fighting should be fair game. As a fighter, I think she would likely be more offended by people talking about how poorly she fights rather than about her coming across cocky and bitchy in her blog. Phone Post 3.0

Sorry, but that's not how it works. You are still speaking about a fighter, and there is no fighter bashing, so keep the bitch, cunt and loser comments to yourself.

hold on... honest question - if a celebrity says something dumb, we may mock. if a fighter says something dumb, we may not mock? the fuck? fighter bashing is "X is a shitty fighter," imo...

How did you completely misunderstand what I said. I said you cannot call her a bitch, a cunt, a loser, etc. Leave the namecalling somewhere else. That is fighterbashing, and the person that repeatedly called her a cunt and a bitch got frozen for it. Everyone else is doing fine by what I can see.

It's different to comment on a shitty attitude than to call a fighter a piece of shit. Hopefully you can wrap your brain around that and see the distinction.

I missed most of the previous conversation. I understand the difference and appreciate the clarification. Also, go fuck yourself. I bow down to no man. Phone Post
9/12/13 4:36 PM
Crooklyn
706 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BloodyElbow.com, Featured Writer
TARRat - Wait a sec - is this orange (? I'm color blind - sue me) name for Steph new? Weren't you a gray (? again, color blind) name?

If so, congrats on the "promotion," but my condolences on the "headaches to ensue."

Not new, dearie. I've been a mod for 6 years. I just never posted in my red dress until about 2 years ago. I have always maintained a business account too, which I still do.

9/12/13 4:38 PM
Crooklyn
706 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vulva Fabulous - 
Crooklyn -
RockTheVote - 
Crooklyn - 

Thanks for clearing that up Steph. I think I'm ok, but if anything I said crossed the line I apologize. I generally steer clear of the grade school verbal insults/bullying. Phone Post

Your posting skills always reach the exceptional level. I've never ever seen a single problem with your posting habits.

9/12/13 4:42 PM
xtrordinaire

Was my post removed? Phone Post
9/12/13 4:43 PM
Crooklyn

RockTheVote - 
Crooklyn -
RockTheVote - 
Crooklyn - 

I missed most of the previous conversation. I understand the difference and appreciate the clarification. Also, go fuck yourself. I bow down to no man. Phone Post

Ya know, I'm not a sensitive type, so the 'go fuck yourself' doesn't bother me, but there are other mods that don't take kindly to such chatter, and it is against forum rules to bash/abuse the mods. I'd be reining that in a little bit if I were you. Just a word to the wise. Cheers.

9/12/13 4:43 PM
Glovegate

Crook, I think most know you can't be everywhere.  A heads up in that regard:  You should watch out for any threads where Caraway might come up.  Dude gets shit on hardcore.

9/12/13 5:04 PM
IBProfane
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/12/13 5:05 PM
Glad that Julianna humbled Shayna last night. I wasn't sure if it was the editing but after reading her blog it's obvious that she needed a reality check.
9/12/13 5:05 PM
Vulva Fabulous
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crooklyn -
Vulva Fabulous - 
Crooklyn -
RockTheVote - 
Crooklyn - 

Your posting skills always reach the exceptional level. I've never ever seen a single problem with your posting habits.

Awww shucks.

Thank you for the compliment, but I must give credit where credit is due.

I owe it all to my lyrical mentor Luca Rajabi. Phone Post
9/12/13 5:07 PM
AristidesBrito
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
9/12/13 5:20 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Glovegate -

Crook, I think most know you can't be everywhere.  A heads up in that regard:  You should watch out for any threads where Caraway might come up.  Dude gets shit on hardcore.

Mr. Tate does get shit on a lot. I feel bad sometimes for it. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 5:21 PM
Glovegate

BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
Glovegate -

Mr. Tate does get shit on a lot. I feel bad sometimes for it. Phone Post 3.0

So do I.

And I got voted down for mentioning it just now lol.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.