UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Shayna Baszler's TUF Blog about tonight's ep.

9/12/13 6:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BTT-RyannVonDoom
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chaos fucked up the quoting.. Someone here posted that and I said that's not cool. 

9/12/13 6:38 PM
ChaosOverkill
457 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTT-RyannVonDoom - 

Chaos fucked up the quoting.. Someone here posted that and I said that's not cool. 

Yeah my bad, ok I read it wrong I saw the word cyborg scanning through the thing earlier, I thought it was the same comment.

I retract my statement

9/12/13 6:42 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

No biggie.

9/12/13 6:49 PM
sux@bjj
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what a fine, humble example of world-class sportsmanship.

9/12/13 6:55 PM
CindyO

BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
ChaosOverkill - 
john76 - she's a female Chael

she's trolling to market herself

I don't think Trolls cry that hard when they lose to people they called "Not worthy to breathe their air"

She's been doing this longer than Chael and Chael cried a lot after the anderson losses. considering all the time and effort put into the traneing and the fight.. So much you put of yourself into it, emotions run high. Most here talking shit about that particular aspect never played sports let alone fought. 

and wtf? I should get banned for calling him mr. tate? Come on now. 

And Chaos, where did Shayna accuse Pena of roiding? 

She's been doing this longer than Chael and Chael cried a lot after the anderson losses. considering all the time and effort put into the traneing and the fight.. So much you put of yourself into it, emotions run high. Most here talking shit about that particular aspect never played sports let alone fought.

I think folks are caught off guard because there were about three months between when they fought and when she posted her blog. That doesn't really come across as post-fight emotion- more like sour grapes or poor sportsmanship, IMO, and one needn't have played sports or fought to see that.

Cindy

9/12/13 6:56 PM
Johnny101
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I here by declare everyone on this thread (apart from green names) a bitch cunt loser.

9/12/13 7:10 PM
Stonemann
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTT-RVD,

You are in the same boat as I am. I knew I would love this season but it all hits too close to home. As a coach I have been heavily involved with WMMA since the 1st hook n shoot, made all the gfight summits, trained with a lot of these girls. Hell Shayna and Tara helped my girl warmup and get ready for her Gfight tournament title bout against Barb Honchack, and gave us tons of support during rounds. I see these ladies at Invictas, and have followed them since the early years. Shayna is WAY amazing and has been there through the "do it cus you love it not cus theres money in it" years.

I feel close to these ladies, and find myself more defensive this year than EVER before on any season of TUF. I love WMMA, always have, I love these ladies. Knowing Shayna, and seeing her coming across this way hurts me. Watching Tara lose, hurt me. I made a decision that I am probably better off not posting this season. Way too involved ;)

Queen of Spades 4 life - one of my original Iphone hacking buddies when most of you had no clue what they were
9/12/13 7:15 PM
Shogun of Harlem
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john76 - she's a female Chael

she's trolling to market herself

Not even close...Chael talks crap to get a fight. Shayna just talked crap before this fight. She expressed whatever one else was thinking.

However, she did look bad losing after talking all the smack.
9/12/13 7:18 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Stonemann - BTT-RVD,

You are in the same boat as I am. I knew I would love this season but it all hits too close to home. As a coach I have been heavily involved with WMMA since the 1st hook n shoot, made all the gfight summits, trained with a lot of these girls. Hell Shayna and Tara helped my girl warmup and get ready for her Gfight tournament title bout against Barb Honchack, and gave us tons of support during rounds. I see these ladies at Invictas, and have followed them since the early years. Shayna is WAY amazing and has been there through the "do it cus you love it not cus theres money in it" years.

I feel close to these ladies, and find myself more defensive this year than EVER before on any season of TUF. I love WMMA, always have, I love these ladies. Knowing Shayna, and seeing her coming across this way hurts me. Watching Tara lose, hurt me. I made a decision that I am probably better off not posting this season. Way too involved ;)

Queen of Spades 4 life - one of my original Iphone hacking buddies when most of you had no clue what they were

yeah.. I'm with you here.. Shayna I've been a fan of since 06 or so.. and a friend of since 08 or so. She's playing the heel now but she's one of the coolest most genuine people I know. Seeing all this garbage here and on her blog site, makes me angry. Once this thread dies off, I wont be talking about the season anymore. 

9/12/13 7:27 PM
RearNakedToke
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shayna is still one of my favorites. Pena can fuckin fight though.
9/12/13 7:42 PM
KZTT_W85
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just caught the episode, my god.

Absolutely classless display.

Any benefit if the doubt given because of 'editing' in the show has been completely erased after reading the blog.

I want to be so much harsher but won't go any further because I don't want to fighter bash. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 7:51 PM
john76
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

recent blog is to ride the TUF exposure and play the heel

It's a smart move

Julianna looked solid BTW, good hands and decent grappling.
9/12/13 8:06 PM
Nuevo Haole

playing the heel?

you have to win some to build up that angle, she is out

9/12/13 8:12 PM
john76
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nuevo Haole - 

playing the heel?

you have to win some to build up that angle, she is out

she was everyone's pick to win the show and lost to the #1 pick for the teams

you honestly think she's not going to get a fight in the UFC?

TUF is about marketing, the format of the show isn't the only way to get a contract

not to mention people get hurt, brought back, kicked out... etc...

9/12/13 8:17 PM
InTheWeedz

Johnny101 -

I here by declare everyone on this thread (apart from green names) a bitch cunt loser.

LoL I know riiighT! Phone Post
9/12/13 8:21 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

PhilBaroni - Im a fan , I like her.

fuck yeah.

9/12/13 8:22 PM
PrettyBoy
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Marketing herself as the heel? She is marketing herself as the junie brown. She won't be back. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 8:33 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

D.A. - 
xtrordinaire -  Was my post removed? Phone Post

Was it your post quoting me on the spoiler that's on here?

My post was deleted to for some reason.

The fuck? Spoilers? Where?

9/12/13 8:36 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Edited: 09/12/13 8:36 PM

Edited due to fucktards and not even gonna go with this. 

9/12/13 8:43 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

9/12/13 8:46 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Edited: 09/12/13 8:49 PM

Edit again.. fuck perpetuating this. I didn't post spoilers, I posted my opinion based on what I know of that chick and what I saw on the two episodes aired so far. It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to understand. 

9/12/13 9:10 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wanted to like Shayne badly. Always rooting for someone who is both a friend of Josh and a fellow metal head. I also thought she came across as cobfident but still funny and cool in the first episode.

That all got spoiled/ read poisoned when she joined team Roussey aka "you are either with us or against us".

Miesha is a friend or at least someone friendly from the past who has been nithing but nice about Shayna but she all of a sudden does not get a mention.

Pena is the horrible one while she can across as more restrained, mature and quit frankly actually humble ( while the Queen talked shit like she was already save on her throne).

Questioning someones character after such, frankly,unexpected and slightly shameful lose is frankly classless. A lot of words that have nothing to do with fighting and the a few short sentences at the end about the actual fight.

The post should have started with" i am sorry to all my fans, i let my cockiness and overconfidence get in the way of my abilities and suffered the penalty for it". Frankly it should have ended with it as well.

Not a fan of the Queen of Spades anymore.

As for Ronda, with the crying and psycho alligations.. grow the fuck up please. You suppose to be better then that. You where right to worry about the show, its making you look awful so far! Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 10:01 PM
Vulva Fabulous
734 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTT-RyannVonDoom -

Again, while she did come off overly confident on the show, I personally didn't have any problems with it. I would hope that most people understand that editing can do some amazing things so people shouldn't pass judgement based solely on the site.

That being said, I honestly think that it's what she chose to write in the blog about Pena was the soak that started this fire. I think that since she dedicated a whole paragraph on putting Pena down for multiple reasons, some non-mma related but only wrote a short sentence complimenting her at the very end.....that's why many fight fans have this negative taste in their mouths now. When you piggy back how she was acting on the show with what she said in the blog, the end result is this thread and the backlash she's receiving.

Just my $.02 Phone Post
9/12/13 10:05 PM
Vulva Fabulous
734 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTW, thanks for the kick ass post off the text message from Jessamyn, that's awesome stuff right there! Phone Post
9/12/13 10:19 PM
Glovegate

Like it or not, fans buy more than just your fighting ability when they spend their money, directly or indirectly, to watch you fight.  This claim that fans are always stupid for disliking certain behaviour is itself stupid.

Shayna talked a mountain of shit before the fight.

She went out and got dominated and finished.

She blogged about it after and still claimed she was better, saying she would beat her opponent 99 times out of 100.

These are the facts of the case and they're not palatable.  This is the very first quarter final fight and already it's a turn off.  You'd think Shayna would understand the importance of winning the fans over, given how much she tried to impress upon the audience that they'd already missed years of great product.

Her friends are, of course, feeding her the standard humouring lines most friends do.  But objectively, there's really no defending what has happened here. 

It's immature and egomaniacal and it doesn't do WMMA any favours in a time when it needs all it can get.  I don't remember the figure but I believe it was the worst debut  ever, in terms of ratings.  Ronda got more mainstream attention than virtually any fighter in UFC history for her own debut and did less than 500k buys with a solid card to back her up.

This really isn't the best time for face-saving personal bs.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.