UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana White rips Matthew Riddle

9/12/13 2:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JimmersonzGlove
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll miss his K-1 level striking.

9/12/13 2:51 PM
superCulo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol and they say you can't get addicted to marijuana. Drug addict. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 2:52 PM
andyman011

Gobulcoque - Am I the only one that finds this whole interview embarrassing for the UFC? Why are they even talking about him, and why feel the need to expose the guys earnings and then berate and bully him on national TV? Well I guess dickbag Dana was never one to take the high road.
Well to be fair. Riddle said the uFC treated him bad which hurts Dana's and the ufcs image. He came out and said that he paid riddle over 100k which really nobody can complain about Phone Post
9/12/13 2:54 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dan Rafel is a fucking dummy.

9/12/13 3:06 PM
Hurricane
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love how Dana rips the people that he cuts, but they NEVER EVER gave an explanation of why I was cut?  I see guys failing drug test, getting arrested, losing 3-5 fights in a row and still keep their job. I'm so tired of people still asking asking me why - I hope that he answers the question one day. Even MMA Live dodged the question.

9/12/13 3:14 PM
Rudi

TheMessiah - He should called Mayhem Miller in for reinforcements Phone Post
Lol Phone Post
9/12/13 3:19 PM
kevsh
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hurricane - 

I love how Dana rips the people that he cuts, but they NEVER EVER gave an explanation of why I was cut?  I see guys failing drug test, getting arrested, losing 3-5 fights in a row and still keep their job. I'm so tired of people still asking asking me why - I hope that he answers the question one day. Even MMA Live dodged the question.

You want an explanation? Talk shit about the UFC and/or Dana publicly and Dana will be on his soapbox in about 10 seconds flat.

Seriously though, you deserve an explanation at least. The UFC gets a lot of criticism on how they treat fighters, not all of it is fair, but some certainly is.
9/12/13 3:20 PM
TDogg926
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DFW speaking the truth. And this comes from a smoker. Phone Post
9/12/13 3:21 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Fox Sports 1 where you get both sides of the story.. but only Dana talks and matt's not on camera to defend himself from Dana's attacks. BOTH SIDES OF THE STORY!!!!

9/12/13 3:25 PM
LILBROCK

Hurricane - 

Damn that sucks. Looking at your record with the UFC, I'd say an explanation was deserved. You fought for them 4 times in 11 months, finished 3 fights, and then lost a decision. Weird they'd cut you after going 3-1 and finishing every win.
9/12/13 3:29 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

LILBROCK - 
Hurricane - 

Damn that sucks. Looking at your record with the UFC, I'd say an explanation was deserved. You fought for them 4 times in 11 months, finished 3 fights, and then lost a decision. Weird they'd cut you after going 3-1 and finishing every win.

he failed two drug tests over his career with the UFC. 

9/12/13 3:33 PM
JimmersonzGlove
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
LILBROCK - 
Hurricane - 

he failed two drug tests over his career with the UFC. 

wat

9/12/13 3:37 PM
JoeVIP
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Later Phone Post
9/12/13 3:44 PM
Nuevo Haole

I wonder how much Riddle made the year before he made it into the UFC, lol

9/12/13 3:49 PM
Team GDP
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol at dana only talking about money in circumstances like these Phone Post
9/12/13 4:01 PM
Whambo
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well since Chael just said they get both sides I assume Matt was on right after Riddle or someone from MMA junkie?
9/12/13 4:04 PM
irishrottie
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hurricane - 

Start a thread, seriously.

9/12/13 4:07 PM
MOAOZINHO

Team GDP -  Lol at dana only talking about money in circumstances like these Phone Post

He talked about money because Riddle said that he was going to get a real job and make real money (inferring that UFC has shit pay). So why wouldn't Dana's response be in direct relation with money?

What did you want him to talk about, hamburgers?
9/12/13 4:52 PM
Billyz
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know its the popular sentiment to think Dana is the evil one always, but um... He's 100% right

You cant pass a fucking basic drug test because you want to be a fucking hippy stoner?! (dont give me the bullshit medical exemption crap)
you make dumb ass remarks about it helping keep you non violent toward your wife and kid (joke or not why the fuck would you say that publicily)

then you blame everyone else

sad because he obviously had skills but didn't have the brains to keep his mouth shut or apparently off a bong or joint either.
9/12/13 5:06 PM
MisterHawkeMMA

Gobulcoque - Am I the only one that finds this whole interview embarrassing for the UFC? Why are they even talking about him, and why feel the need to expose the guys earnings and then berate and bully him on national TV? Well I guess dickbag Dana was never one to take the high road.

The UG should've posted Riddle and Dana's rants together so they would make sense.

But basically to anyone who didn't read it.... Riddle went on a rant saying that he can't pay his bills because the guys that run MMA are scumbags. He kept talking about how he has a wife and kids and that he's better off finding a real job because MMA is corrupt, etc.

My personal opinion. Riddle is an idiot. And Dana probably shouldn't have even wasted his time responding. Not sure if Riddle has any talents I'm unaware of, but in the "real" world making over $100,000 a year is not an easy thing to do. So, burning all of these bridges is just a really bad idea.

Also, as far as pay, Riddle seemed really happy about his pay as recent as earlier this year. He said that he makes $50,000 every win (he would be on a 4 fight winning streak in the UFC if he didn't fail two marijuana test).

http://www.lowkickmma.com/UFC/ufc_fighter_pay_travis_browne_matt_riddle_share_their_opinions_299261
9/12/13 5:07 PM
slickmma

All he had to do was not talk shit about his former employer and fight a few cans in smaller orgs. He could have been back in the ufc in under 2 years. He messed everything up and now has only himself to blame.
9/12/13 5:23 PM
MisterHawkeMMA

Hurricane - 

Your a green name. No one is going to keep it real with you. Shit, not even me lol. Because doing so is basically asking to get themselves banned from the site. But what I will share, is a quote I read around that time, that really made me a fan of the person who said it.

"I didn't show enough initiative to win the fight," Harris said. "If it was a [preliminary-card] fight, I probably wouldn't be in that much trouble, but they gave me the opportunity of a lifetime (on pay-per-view), and I blew it. I really blew it."
9/12/13 5:29 PM
Hurricane
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MisterHawkeMMA - When I say I blew it  - I got my ass kicked live on PPV. That doesn't deserve a cut - It's kinda like fumbling the ball as a running back for a game winning play. You don't deserve to lose your job & you can't tell me that an 0-5, 1-4, or 0-3 guy has more leverage than I did - especially with the slam KO previously on UFC 116. Also, I think you gotta understand the "politically correct" view of my interview answers also.

9/12/13 5:30 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jkd_guy - The problem is...Dana is always saying "we pay the fighters, etc..." But nobody believes him until he starts saying numbers.

Heck even when he says the numbers people still don't believe him Phone Post
162 grand a year still pales to what the 12th man on the bench of the Milwaukee Bucks gets.

Hell, NFL practice squad guys do well by comparison.

Mayweather-Canelo is set to break records in boxing this weekend, Johnny Football earns more signing his name and we are awed over a guy earning 162K BEFORE taxes, trainers, bills, etc?

It's not that impressive.

If it is, holy fuck to what those UFC fighters earn.

Maybe I can rent two to scrap in my apartment instead of ordering a PPV. Phone Post
9/12/13 5:30 PM
Hurricane

MisterHawkeMMA - 
Hurricane - 

Your a green name. No one is going to keep it real with you. Shit, not even me lol. Because doing so is basically asking to get themselves banned from the site. But what I will share, is a quote I read around that time, that really made me a fan of the person who said it.

"I didn't show enough initiative to win the fight," Harris said. "If it was a [preliminary-card] fight, I probably wouldn't be in that much trouble, but they gave me the opportunity of a lifetime (on pay-per-view), and I blew it. I really blew it."

Also, no one has given me a true answer other than that one bad fight.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.