UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana White rips Matthew Riddle

9/12/13 11:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mertvaya Ruka
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChrisJPN - 
Mertvaya Ruka - holy shit, riddle fucked his family hard

At least he's not beating them.

how disappointed you think his family is?

he messed up the future of his kids.
9/13/13 12:51 AM
MattyECB
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MisterHawkeMMA - 
Hurricane - 

I love how Dana rips the people that he cuts, but they NEVER EVER gave an explanation of why I was cut?  I see guys failing drug test, getting arrested, losing 3-5 fights in a row and still keep their job. I'm so tired of people still asking asking me why - I hope that he answers the question one day. Even MMA Live dodged the question.

Your a green name. No one is going to keep it real with you. Shit, not even me lol. Because doing so is basically asking to get themselves banned from the site. But what I will share, is a quote I read around that time, that really made me a fan of the person who said it.

"I didn't show enough initiative to win the fight," Harris said. "If it was a [preliminary-card] fight, I probably wouldn't be in that much trouble, but they gave me the opportunity of a lifetime (on pay-per-view), and I blew it. I really blew it."

Really? He's fucking tentative for one fight, after getting three straight KOs/TKOs and you think he deserved to be cut.

Fucking Dan Hardy (Sorry if you're lurking Dan, I'm actually glad you didn't get cut) loses 4 straight, and certainly set off the streak in a tepid and embarassing fight, and he's A-OK.

There's no consistency, and it's even more ridiculous because this was a fighter ending fights and in exciting fashion. He had one bad fight and got cut with no reasoning whatsoever. It's the UFC's perogative, but that's one of the few cuts I absolutely can't side with BLAF on -- Fitch bugged me to, but everyone kinda saw that coming with their chemistry and his slide.
9/13/13 12:54 AM
MattyECB
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MisterHawkeMMA - 
Gobulcoque - Am I the only one that finds this whole interview embarrassing for the UFC? Why are they even talking about him, and why feel the need to expose the guys earnings and then berate and bully him on national TV? Well I guess dickbag Dana was never one to take the high road.

The UG should've posted Riddle and Dana's rants together so they would make sense.

But basically to anyone who didn't read it.... Riddle went on a rant saying that he can't pay his bills because the guys that run MMA are scumbags. He kept talking about how he has a wife and kids and that he's better off finding a real job because MMA is corrupt, etc.

My personal opinion. Riddle is an idiot. And Dana probably shouldn't have even wasted his time responding. Not sure if Riddle has any talents I'm unaware of, but in the "real" world making over $100,000 a year is not an easy thing to do. So, burning all of these bridges is just a really bad idea.

Also, as far as pay, Riddle seemed really happy about his pay as recent as earlier this year. He said that he makes $50,000 every win (he would be on a 4 fight winning streak in the UFC if he didn't fail two marijuana test).

http://www.lowkickmma.com/UFC/ufc_fighter_pay_travis_browne_matt_riddle_share_their_opinions_299261

I agree with everything Dana said, but this also seems kinda petty and overaggressive. No one who saw the stupid shit Riddle said were going to suddenly hate his product or give him bad press and it's not like he went out seeking the Culinary Union or something.

Probably coulda let this one slide, but Riddle certainly dug his own grave.
9/13/13 12:59 AM
ChrisJPN
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mertvaya Ruka -
ChrisJPN - 
Mertvaya Ruka - holy shit, riddle fucked his family hard

At least he's not beating them.

how disappointed you think his family is?

he messed up the future of his kids.
Well, yeah, of course. I was making a dumb reference to the dumb thing Matt said about smoking weed so he doesn't beat his kids. Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 1:38 AM
CaliKush
260 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

's bong Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 1:39 AM
CanofPineapple
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guy had 12 FIGHTS in the UFC against NOBODIES and he has the nerve to whine about his career. He had one of the easiest UFC careers imaginable. He's a goofball and a baby.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.