UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The first time you took a punch?

9/12/13 6:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ben Gardners boat
288 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/12/13 7:04 PM

Street fight in my teens. Saw three guys beating up my friend. Ran up and punched one of them and as my momentum carried me forward got the back of my head tuned up by his mate. It all broke up and the guy I hit came up to me moaning that I'd punched him and he had a very large swollen eye to prove it. Thing was the punch to the back of my swede had wiped the memory of punching the guy. I spent 5 minutes telling him I didn't do it and it was only as I was walking away my mate told me I had actually done it. I still can't remember anything of it other than running over to them when they were hitting my mate then  seeing the guys swollen eye and telling him it was fuck all to do with me then having a really sore head the next day. Apparently it was quite a tidy little uppercut too. Gutted I missed it!

Years later in Thai sparring after only ever hitting the heavy bag and never really learning not to always punch as hard as possible and thus being crap at de powering my punches I got my nose broken after landing a right hook too hard on my (much better) sparring partner. I held back better after that.. Phone Post 3.0

9/12/13 7:20 PM
RonysTorresIceBag
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

billaabum - When was the first time you've ever taken a hard shot to the face/body?

My 'first' (no pun intended) was way back in high school, this tough guy dropped me with a knee to the solar plexus after I threw a 1-2 combo (which he dodged smh). Didn't kick my ass afterwards but I was winded and gasping for air for quite some time lol. Good to experience, never taken a 'solid' punch to the face though (I really should). Phone Post 3.0

new years eve, 2002. dude hit me in the face. i hit him with two uppercuts, picked him up, walked him a few feet, and dropped him. i rained elbows on him until he quit. i was amazed at what i had done. i didn't expect it from myself.
9/12/13 7:27 PM
nastydirtysavage
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My dad has hit me with a few hard shots from 12-17. Knocked me unconscious twice. I have a two inch scar from having a bottle smashed over my head in a bar fight when I was 24.

When you get hit enough growing up it stops scaring you. But it always bothers you. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 7:35 PM
RSGTT_SonOfJockstrap
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First time I took a punch I was like 3, me and my cousin would beat the shit out of each other.

First time I took a real punch, I was like 9 in Tae Kwan Do.

9/12/13 7:43 PM
Ajm1218
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Apparently no one on here ever lost a fight and most have Mark Hunt's chin.

I've got a younger brother, 15 months separating us. We fought like savages all the time, against everyone or against each other. I was 13 and he kicked me right in the liver, although neither one of us knew what a liver shot was at the time, we knew the end result. Me wheezing and him on top beating my ass.
1st time I got really rocked from a head shot was around the same time. I threw the first punch on a kid who boxed, I should've kept throwing. He recovered his whits and whipped my ass. I remember being propped up by a car and wondering why I couldn't get my body to react and at the same time wondering what was for dinner.
9/12/13 7:47 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First really solid shot I ever took was a head kick by some Pakistani kid that thought he was a fucking ninja or something. He knocked me on my ass with it, and then charged at me with his head down when I stood up (we were like 8 or 9). I just kind of moved out of the way and helped his momentum into the lockers.
9/12/13 7:52 PM
InTheWeedz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RattleCaT -
InTheWeedz - I don't take damage... I've mastered the sidestep.... Phone Post
I'd shake your hand but I can't even focus on you, shifty lil devil Phone Post 3.0
Gwahahahaha. I accept Phone Post
9/12/13 7:58 PM
glassjaw

6 or 7 in fights with french kids in Quebec, where back in my day the french didn't like the english
9/12/13 8:35 PM
phydeau
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Apparently no one on here ever lost a fight and most have Mark Hunt's chin."

I've got a decent chin, but re-read my post. I lost that fight with those three black guys.
9/12/13 9:15 PM
Ajm1218
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

phydeau - "Apparently no one on here ever lost a fight and most have Mark Hunt's chin."

I've got a decent chin, but re-read my post. I lost that fight with those three black guys.

I shouldn't have said no one but most. A majority of the stories on here seem to be of the " I was suckered and then kicked ass". It's ok to get your ass kicked, it's a great motivator in moderation.
9/12/13 9:24 PM
brahmabull81
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was when me and my friends were kicking it by our cars late at night in one of my friends cousin's neighborhood. A giant group of like 20-25 black and Mexican guys and a few girls came down the street towards us after they had sent a couple scouts down to see what we were doing. My dumb fuck of a friend said "what are you looking at, why dont you just keep on walking" to the scouts.

They immediately turned back towards what we realized was the rest of a street gang flashmob and the whole group came down the street to hit us up.

It went on and on with them instuling us (we were only 5 deep at that point, we had just split up with the rest of the group and wouldve been around 15 deep) and talking about shooting us and beating the fuck out of us.

Finally it got bad. My friends uncle was basically trying to save us by not fighting the shit talker of the gang and getting us all jumped. But the shit talker kept talking, and finally a stocky, around 6 foot tall Tyson looking motherfucker started chasing the uncle around the car we were standing next to (and my dumbfuck friend who talked shit was sitting inside with the car door open) and spitting on him repeatedly to get him to fight back, which he wouldnt. Finally a guy leaped into the open door to attack my shit talking friend and another friend who did nothing.

The guy chasing my friends uncle chased him around the car about 3 or 4 times and finally got tired of it and as they walked past me for another roation, he instead snuck me with a huge right hand that I wasnt even paying attention to. Luckily either hes feather fisted or I have a Hendo chin because it didnt phase me at all (not trying to sound tough, its the truth) and I started walking towards the house we were at to go find the guns my friends claimed they had inside. I was going to kill the fuck for punching me. When I came back out with a bat (couldnt find any guns and was too adrenaline filled to keep looking) they had all scattered and disappeared, thinking i went to call the cops, my friends said.

I had a little bruise on my jawline/cheek area but still went out to party that night haha.

The funniest part is that one of my friends, when responding to the race baiting the mob was throwing at us ("are you racist? we heard you guys are racist"... even though we had never been in that neighborhood before) with "nah man, one of my best friends is black, i love black people!" haha pussy!

Moral of the story, DONT TALK SHIT TO A FLASH MOB.
9/12/13 10:22 PM
Sarsparilla Slim
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First time was actually a kick. I was twelve years old and I shoved a classmate who was walking the same way home as my friends and I, he being a brown belt in some form of karate, ran up behind me as we continued walking and landed a pretty sick high kick to my dome. Didn't knock me out just made me stumble almost all the way over and left me with one bad headache. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 10:31 PM
HandyDarsh
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got punched a couple of times but I've only been knocked out playing hockey Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 10:36 PM
KenBania
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First 50 or so were by dear old dad
9/12/13 10:54 PM
DragonDidn'tDrinkEnoughPee
712 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ajsr - Myself and a mate got jumped by about 15 dickheads who were just wandering around looking for someone to kick off with. Can't remember exactly what age I was, but probably 14/15. They approached us, asked did we have phones; my mate told them to fuck off and smacked a beer outta the bloke's hand. He got smacked with a clean headbutt for his trouble, and the same fella turned to me and cracked me a punch that landed on the orbital. That was the first time I'd been hit cleanly, the adrenaline was flowing and I barely felt a thing.

I threw one back, dropped him, and then promptly got absolutely battered by the rest of the lads in the group. I remember catching one big punch from behind that I turned straight into and it dropped me to the deck, and the rest was mostly just a whirl of kicks and punches before I managed to scramble away.

We backed off up the road and they didn't bother coming after us for long. We went back and got a few mates together but by the time we got back they were long gone. Turns out the first punch had actually cut me above the eye and I needed a couple of stitches; but I vividly remember the moment it landed and thinking ' eh, that actually wasn't bad at all' and for the next four seconds I thought I was superman lol

Taking your first slap in the chops is a right of passage for any young man!
Ha I have a similar experience. It wasnt the first time I got punched but it was the first time I was in danger of getting really hurt. Fucking pack mentality sucks I had footprints all over me, broken nose, cut brow cant really remember the fight and wasnt even drunk. I do remember they got bored of beating on me and my cousin, and I got up and smacked someone and the beating resumed haha.

Yeh that was a bad choice Phone Post
9/12/13 11:19 PM
DNAsmoothie

Age five Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 11:21 PM
AMartElbow

I was. Sparring my dad, and i went in for a takedown as he was throwing an Oblique kick. Kick right the jaw. Ears were ringing, head pounding And i was seeing lines Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 11:24 PM
712 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AMartElbow - I was. Sparring my dad, and i went in for a takedown as he was throwing an Oblique kick. Kick right the jaw. Ears were ringing, head pounding And i was seeing lines Phone Post 3.0
Dude your a droid. Phone Post
9/12/13 11:46 PM
The BigBadWolf ticket

Only been hurt bad while extremely intoxicated even tho at the time it didn't hurt, I got ko'd by 3 bouncers, woke up next morning in the drunk tank with a broken nose and an elephant man head Phone Post
9/12/13 11:56 PM

The BigBadWolf ticket - Only been hurt bad while extremely intoxicated even tho at the time it didn't hurt, I got ko'd by 3 bouncers, woke up next morning in the drunk tank with a broken nose and an elephant man head Phone Post
Fuckin bouncers. Im quite the flyweight so they never beat me up bit they always give me shit and hustle me out when im being a respectable member of the community.

Black coat wearing anti midget nazis imo Phone Post
9/13/13 12:24 AM
BENDOver_and_took_it
1642 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RileyPust - 

You could've substituted the word 'fail' for another one of your videos.

ROFLLLL!

9/13/13 12:39 AM
PUBLICnoose

7th grade it was a locker room spat with a stocky black kid. He came up on me i pushed him back. He punched me maby 20 times in the face i stood there not stunned but like in a blackout. Then shot a double leg took him down hit him with some gnp the head locked/ yanked his kneck to stand him up had him clinched and slammed him into the lockers a few times then snapped him down took his back hit his head against the ground then got up trying to pretend i didnt just fuck up a kid in pe class. Phone Post
9/13/13 1:25 AM
crack pack
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't live in the projects but I had to walk through one to get to McDonald's (hate that fucking restaurant now). I was about 10 or 11. Three older kids walked up to me and stole my change and my meal then punched me in the mouth. I wasn't rocked but it sure surprised the hell out of me. Phone Post
9/13/13 1:33 AM
ontilt
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What I consider my first "real" punch to the face was a few years ago.

It's a long story but basically I ended up getting full run (from what I heard) suckpunched from the side while watching 2 other people arguing lol. Didn't drop me but I was in la la land, then I just remember trying to take the guy down (found out later he was a pretty good hs wrestler) and he hammerfisted the side of my head a few times then stopped as I was standing us and that was it because the cops showed up like 10 seconds later before I could really comprehend what had just happened.

The punch that I took made me bite through my lip and had to get some stitches, got a disorderly conduct, "because it's protocol in a situation like this" and had to pay for my medical bills, FML. Quite the terrible experience, I started training a little over a year after that and vowed to never be in a situation like that again...

I know this is just a punch in the face thread but god please be aware when shit starts hitting the fan and pay attention to every fucking person around you so you don't have to go what I went through. Once someone lands a clean suckerpunch with just the bone in their fist you really don't have much of a chance...
9/13/13 1:34 AM
ontilt
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also from that point on I gained a lot of respect for fighters who are rocked and come back to drop the other guy lol.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.