UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Was a Ronda fan, gotta switch over to Meisha now

9/12/13 2:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kostakio
600 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was always a Meisha fan but last night my wife made the switch like you guys. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 2:59 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A lot of people feel this way.. But Ronda's passion and backing of my shayna made me a fan of hers for life. I won't ever forget how she was in the episode and how dedicated she is. 

9/12/13 3:07 PM
ChaosOverkill
733 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bshaw1979 - Didnt Dana say the 2 first episodes were "amazing"? Hmm i must have missed something.

Dana seems to think stupid drama is awesome... I'm not exactly sure why...

9/12/13 3:08 PM
Lightfoot
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

countsavage - I feel the same way, Tate is winning me over and Ronda is annoying me. Phone Post 3.0
Me too. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 3:14 PM
gotmysitchpackedbyweidman

Edited: 09/12/13 3:15 PM

what did Rampage have to prove by acting like he hated Rashad on TUF? Why did they have all the fake 'in yo face' moments and recite painfully artificial arguments that didn't make sense when they are buddies in real life and get on? Why did Gsot appear to be standoffish and rude when he did his stint as a TUF coach, when he is a lovely guy IRL? Why did Josh Koscheck get all up in GSP's face during his season on TUF, when they had the whole (again painfully artificial) Koscheck going mental at one of GSP's coaching staff when it wasn't ever a big deal?

There is always a 'bad coach' on TUF, its how it works, its how it always works and it will continue to work in this way to draw in fans who are new to the sport, it gives them some small amount of substance to digest without having to know MMA inside out to get enjoyment out of watching it.

By all means keep watching, but if you think you are looking at real life, or even a decent percentage of real life, then you are horribly mistaken. Is it that important to have someone to hate, that you would never consider that the product you were looking at could have been manufactured by not just editing, but intentional arguments and drama? You think Dana sat both of them down before the show and said 'Hey lets make sure there's no bad blood or arguments so we can have some good old fashioned shit television that the viewers wont enjoy'? It is in his best interest to sell bad blood and arguments, because they push interest in the fight amongst fans.

It is naive to assume that what you are looking at (similarly to watching Ancient Aliens documentaries and believing it is real because someone on television told you it was real without you having to actually think about it.) is even close to accurate representation of reality.

9/12/13 3:44 PM
HandyDarsh
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I watched it late lastnight and felt so uncomfortable. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 4:03 PM
TheRaider
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When a fighter loses a fair weather fan in the forrest, does it make a sound?
9/12/13 4:05 PM
Muay Tired
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just posted on another thread that I was Team Rousey initially, now I'm Team Tate.
9/12/13 5:35 PM
snookerbank
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gotmysitchpackedbyweidman -
ChaosOverkill - 
gotmysitchpackedbyweidman - 

So you are basing your opinion of her on the most severely edited medium she has appeared on in her professional career?

Was it special editing to make her say "You'll pay for laughing at her pain" like some kind of obessed angry nutjob?

I dont care, I have better things to do than to try and make myself feel hatred by watching drama for entertainment T.V shows and then cry about how much I don't like it on an internet forum.

If you have a problem with it, and Ronda is rustling your jimmies, why not just be a grown man and stop watching it? Or do you buy into all the fake drama stuff and love flicking your clit about it whilst posting on the UG about how much you dont like Ronda?

Fucking love this reply lol Phone Post
9/12/13 5:41 PM
Wasa-B
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

snookerbank - 
ChaosOverkill - 

So you are basing your opinion of her on the most severely edited medium she has appeared on in her professional career?

Was it special editing to make her say "You'll pay for laughing at her pain" like some kind of obessed angry nutjob?

I dont care, I have better things to do than to try and make myself feel hatred by watching drama for entertainment T.V shows and then cry about how much I don't like it on an internet forum.

If you have a problem with it, and Ronda is rustling your jimmies, why not just be a grown man and stop watching it? Or do you buy into all the fake drama stuff and love flicking your clit about it whilst posting on the UG about how much you dont like Ronda?

Fucking love this reply lol Phone Post

gotmysitchpackedbyweidman's post should be a sticky on top of each TUF thread ever on the UG.

TUF is the male version of Keeping up the Kardashians.
9/12/13 5:44 PM
Glovegate

^Best way to influence opinion on the UG, make a thread expressing the opinion that is opposite to the one you want people to hold.  All the contrarion children will jump in and shit on you.

Pro tip:  What Ronda says can't be taken out of context when everything she says gets reported!  ;)

9/12/13 5:49 PM
Blunted Ninja
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ergo is this wwe? All you should care about is fights and who the best and most exciting fighters are. Who gives a fuck if they're assholes, shut up and watch fights. I swear some sports fans are like high-school girls. Phone Post
9/12/13 5:50 PM
Blunted Ninja
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*What Phone Post
9/12/13 5:52 PM
I GOT WEE'D ON BY WEIDMAN
387 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jackson_Junior - Ronda gives a shit about her fighters, she's not like Rampage or some of the other shitty coaches that like to blame their fighters got their losses. Tell me, have any of you guys coached a fighter before? Personally I would take Ronda as a coach over Mishea any day. There's a reason why Ronda is the champ and Mishea isn't. She is super competitive and doesn't like losing period. You guys might think she's crazy for that but there's a reason why she's more successful then any of you guys ever would be. Phone Post 3.0

Speak for yourself not everyone's idea of success is getting a UFC belt.

9/12/13 5:55 PM
Blunted Ninja

ChaosOverkill - 

Finally someone gets it! Pull your skirts down. Phone Post
9/12/13 6:34 PM
Tiresias
362 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like both coaches.  Miesha is coming off as a good solid coach from what we've seen.  Obviously Ronda has had some strong emotional reactions.  The bit about "smiling at Shayna's pain" was obviously a very distorted way of looking at things.  But you can see that that is clearly coming from caring about her team, and from her own insecurity and vulnerability.  And while those qualities aren't admirable per se, neither are they worthy of contempt.  Rather, for me, they make me hope she can overcome that stuff and grow from it.

9/12/13 6:43 PM
ChaosOverkill
733 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/12/13 6:44 PM
Tiresias - 

I like both coaches.  Miesha is coming off as a good solid coach from what we've seen.  Obviously Ronda has had some strong emotional reactions.  The bit about "smiling at Shayna's pain" was obviously a very distorted way of looking at things.  But you can see that that is clearly coming from caring about her team, and from her own insecurity and vulnerability.  And while those qualities aren't admirable per se, neither are they worthy of contempt.  Rather, for me, they make me hope she can overcome that stuff and grow from it.

It's kind of debatable about the comment coming more from caring about the fighters than just looking for a reason to try and intimidate and give miesha shit.

It seems like since their first fight she looks for any little thing to give her shit for starting with when Miesha did those sexy pics and Ronda started with her hypocritical diatribe about girls posing and all that to only do it willingly the minute she was asked to do it for ESPN.

So Ronda strikes me as using this as much as an opportunity to coach as try and build a new resume of hate for Miesha.

9/12/13 6:46 PM
mathew10lb
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Plus tate is just hotter, that chicks fucking sexy. They both are though. But tate damn that girl is fine Phone Post
9/12/13 6:59 PM
ChaosOverkill

Edited: 09/12/13 6:59 PM
stayrad_force_fed_me_his_STRANGE BREW - 
ChaosOverkill - 

Being an obsessive angry nut job is why she is such an elite athlete.

I suppose, but there's a limit where you cross into psychotic. Wayne Gretzky never had personal targets or believed Mario Lemieux was laughing at his team after scoring a goal and Vice versa.

9/12/13 7:15 PM
SKARHEAD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jackson_Junior - Ronda gives a shit about her fighters, she's not like Rampage or some of the other shitty coaches that like to blame their fighters got their losses. Tell me, have any of you guys coached a fighter before? Personally I would take Ronda as a coach over Mishea any day. There's a reason why Ronda is the champ and Mishea isn't. She is super competitive and doesn't like losing period. You guys might think she's crazy for that but there's a reason why she's more successful then any of you guys ever would be. Phone Post 3.0

LOL...Meisha is like Rampage now ?

How is Honda a better coach ? Her best fighter lost...they both acted beyond arrogant before the fight...then she acted like a bully/cry baby afterwards....I would prefer a coach that behaves with class, leads me into a win, and doesn't lose her shit and spazz afterwards.....As if only people that behave like Honda are successful.....Riiijiiiiiight....lol
9/12/13 7:24 PM
Kim Jong Uno

This show has changed my opinion on both fighters.

Miesha is more comfortable in her own skin, and aint scared of shit - yet she knows and acts like someone coming off of losing 2 out of 3, someone who is grateful for this crazy opportunity that fell into her lap.

Ronda is an Olympian with many medals in international competition, and the passion and drive that propelled her to success in that arena comes at the expense of her attitude at times but I love it. Ronda is trying to hold the crazy back for the camera but she is who she is, maybe a bit immature but what you are seeing is real, and that's all I can ask for in my reality TV.

This is the most compelling TUF I can remember, must see TV to the fullest. Love both of these ladies
9/13/13 2:48 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All the male Ronda fan boys will basically stay fanboys because they either like Eonda because they think she is hot, because she genuinely the better fighter ( and the don't have much of a problem if they are complete heels) or they like psycho girls ( or a combination of the above).

Where Ronda has a big problem, in my eyes, is her woman fans. Girls/ woman who watch her go apeshit will not be able to overlook those things as easily as the men. Being that she "supposedly" should be a female role model it could be quit bad in the long wrong ( the footage will always be out there).

I try to seperate personal emotions as much from my appreciation of fighters as i can ( its hard though for example really disliked Anderson after his fight with Maia) so i guess i am appreciative or Roussey as a fighter. But as a person she seems completely bi-polar to me. She can come across as cool and nice one minute and the next minute she is raving and crying like a small child. Combine that with the negativety she brings and the fact that she seems to reflect this to others close to her ( queen of spades started out as cool and funny then became dark, vengeful and frankly botching up the PR job for the sport she loves) then i can easily do with less Roussey the person and more Roussey the fighter. Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 6:45 AM
crazydave
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meisha is da bomb.

9/14/13 4:01 AM
JerodR
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't care. At the end of the day they both have a ton of heart, dedication, and are exciting. I like them both...just different sides to the same coin. Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 4:11 AM
BigTedBear
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rhonda really seems like she should have watched Chael coach the last show might have learned something. Still its only just started but Meisha is looking good. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.