UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Was a Ronda fan, gotta switch over to Meisha now

9/14/13 7:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ThatDudeButch
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, the clips of the coming season show her crying with her fighters when they lose etc. and giving it her all in the training sessions for those fighters. Not exactly her acting like a bully. She obviously didn't like Meisha, though. Lol. Phone Post
9/14/13 7:11 AM
crazydave
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ronda says:

9/14/13 7:22 AM
darwinsmunky
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember when she first came onto the scene, she seemed a little shy and relatively humble. Not sure if all that time spent in the diaz camp mindfucked her, or all the time the diaz camp spent in her 8==D, or all the yesmen that hover around her now, but there was definately a change in her public persona. I dont think she comes off as crazy as opposed to just a spoiled brat throwing a tantrum. I need to bend her over my knee and give her a spanking.
9/14/13 7:27 AM
crazydave
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda Rousey's Sandy Hook Tweet Should Be Last Straw for UFC

By

(Featured Columnist) on January 17, 2013

Ronda Rousey played with fire, and it was only a matter of time before she got burned.

The UFC women's bantamweight champ has drawn tremendous heat for her recent post on Twitter regarding the tragic shooting on Dec. 14, 2012 at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, which reportedly left 20 children and six staff members dead.

On Tuesday, she reposted a controversial video from the YouTube channel ThinkOutsideTheTV, which highlighted a conspiracy theory about the shooting. In the post, Rousey called it an "extremely interesting, and must-watch" video.

The post was met with overwhelming anger and criticism from the general public. In an attempt to douse the flames, Rousey deleted the video and stated in a follow-up post that "asking questions and doing research is more patriotic than blindly accepting what you're told."

Rousey is an incredibly athlete and talented champion, but the brunt of her notoriety stems from a natural ability to play off the media.

Whether she's feuding with Kim Kardashian or putting down beloved MMA icon Georges St-Pierre, Rousey has literally become a walking headline for outrageous stories.

In an individual sport like MMA, self-promotion is an admired trait. Rousey's unpredictable media antics have elevated women's MMA to the bright lights of the UFC, and she has been allowed to speak freely throughout her career.

The time has finally come for Rousey to step back from the media spotlight and really reflect on her actions.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but there is a certain sensitivity that should be upheld when it comes to a tragedy, especially one including the deaths of numerous children.

It has only been a little over a month, and Rousey is already highlighting "extremely interesting" conspiracy videos?

Rousey likely meant no harm by reposting the video, and the incident could probably be chalked up to one of the many mistakes made by athletes using social media. She even posted a public apology on Wednesday.

Still, this incident should be the last straw for the UFC.

If a form of fine or suspension isn't handed down, the UFC should definitely issue a stern warning. This isn't the kind of negative publicity a growing sport needs right now. As a UFC star, Rousey's words hold considerable weight. It comes with the territory of being a celebrity.

For weeks, Rousey has talked about everything but Liz Carmouche, who will be her opponent at UFC 157.

Now might be a good time to log off Twitter and concentrate on the first ever UFC women's title bout.

9/14/13 7:29 AM
MyMMAMind
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can see this both ways, Ronda really took that loss to heart and it seemed that she felt like she had failed her fighter as a coach. But i got the feeling it was more than that, her ego was stabbed in the heart with that loss. I will admit Ronda is pretty bad ass in the cage but as far as her personality goes, for me its touch and go. She felt like Tate was "laughing and smirking at her fighters pain"????

Tates fighter just pulled off a huge upset, what was she supposed to do??? Cry for Shayna??? And the fact that Tates team chose an injured fighter is a smart move, something i think Ronda would have done herself, but yet "its a bitch ass move"??!

Editing aside, this wasn't edited for dramatics it was plain and simple Ronda's words and actions.

Tate doesn't seem to me to have the greatest personality either, so its interesting that Ronda is "crazy"
And "dramatic" enough for the two of them.

And as an aside... I do think Ronda needs to relax a bit. Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 7:30 AM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatDudeButch -  Yeah, the clips of the coming season show her crying with her fighters when they lose etc. and giving it her all in the training sessions for those fighters. Not exactly her acting like a bully. She obviously didn't like Meisha, though. Lol. Phone Post

" We didn't work on any strategy or gameplan for this fight, she doesn't deserve to breathe the same air as Shayna"

lol at giving it her all, just because you cry doesn't mean you are passionate. Little girls who don't get the toy they want cry all the time, she cries out of being entitled and bratty. Someone who is passionate would have actually focused on the training then cried after a loss. Someone who is entitled dismisses the opponent then cries about a loss. 2 totally different things
9/14/13 8:37 AM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

Atkinson - 
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - Anyone else switched over after her trainwreck personality hit the airwaves last night? It's crazy how much her PR people can manage her in interviews but as soon as she is filmed candidly she comes across as a shit talking bully. Hard to imagine she can continue to view herself as a role model after last night.
Quite simply you'd have to be a fickle pimply faced 16 yo kid with no idea about women to have changed on the merit of what we've seen in 2 episodes of TUF.

I'd say you're a pot stirrer that never lived Ronda. Phone Post 3.0

as opposed to 3 minute scripted interviews? What else would I base it on? I can respect her skills without being a fan of her as a person. I don't route for brats or bullies.
9/14/13 8:43 AM
BasBang
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 - 
gotmysitchpackedbyweidman - 
ChaosOverkill - 
gotmysitchpackedbyweidman - 

So you are basing your opinion of her on the most severely edited medium she has appeared on in her professional career?

Was it special editing to make her say "You'll pay for laughing at her pain" like some kind of obessed angry nutjob?

I dont care, I have better things to do than to try and make myself feel hatred by watching drama for entertainment T.V shows and then cry about how much I don't like it on an internet forum.

If you have a problem with it, and Ronda is rustling your jimmies, why not just be a grown man and stop watching it? Or do you buy into all the fake drama stuff and love flicking your clit about it whilst posting on the UG about how much you dont like Ronda?

I also love these responses lol

So we are on a MMA forum talking about MMA and everything that goes with it.  So someone who makes a thread stating his opinion in the exact place it should be stated is crying? lol at you man for real.  

How about this if you dont like talking MMA or about whats going on in MMA then ummmm

GTFO OF THE FORUM MORON! LOL.

VU for truth..but hey, Knights gonna night...lol
9/14/13 8:46 AM
ChrisJPN
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

countsavage - I feel the same way, Tate is winning me over and Ronda is annoying me. Phone Post 3.0

Me too. 100% reversal for me.
9/14/13 9:22 AM
Mayhem_Monkey

Me too . Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 9:23 AM
Mayhem_Monkey

Team Tate Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 12:43 PM
Dominique Robinson
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Media forces feeds Rhonda Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 1:01 PM
UGCTT_AsimpleFan
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow a sheltered former Olympian is ultra competitive and maladjusted. That is truly shocking. Ronda is what she is. She has overcome more than most and made herself a champion and a household name. She doesn't accept failure and sees her team as an extension of herself. She knows how much Shayna had given up for that moment and it got her emotional. If you stopped liking her because of that then you were never really a fan. I like that she is that loyal to her team. I like that she is ultra competitive, and I like that she said that to Meisha instead of just talking shit to a confessional cam. Ronda is taking her responsibility as a coach seriously and it shows. I bet the people on her team feel like I do. She is an inspiration and a testament to what you can do if you dedicate yourself to something. Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 2:05 PM
s98ronin

UGCTT_AsimpleFan - Wow a sheltered former Olympian is ultra competitive and maladjusted. That is truly shocking. Ronda is what she is. She has overcome more than most and made herself a champion and a household name. She doesn't accept failure and sees her team as an extension of herself. She knows how much Shayna had given up for that moment and it got her emotional. If you stopped liking her because of that then you were never really a fan. I like that she is that loyal to her team. I like that she is ultra competitive, and I like that she said that to Meisha instead of just talking shit to a confessional cam. Ronda is taking her responsibility as a coach seriously and it shows. I bet the people on her team feel like I do. She is an inspiration and a testament to what you can do if you dedicate yourself to something. Phone Post 3.0

So people should be fans of annoying whining asshats just because they are olympians?
9/14/13 2:53 PM
UGCTT_AsimpleFan
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

s98ronin -
UGCTT_AsimpleFan - Wow a sheltered former Olympian is ultra competitive and maladjusted. That is truly shocking. Ronda is what she is. She has overcome more than most and made herself a champion and a household name. She doesn't accept failure and sees her team as an extension of herself. She knows how much Shayna had given up for that moment and it got her emotional. If you stopped liking her because of that then you were never really a fan. I like that she is that loyal to her team. I like that she is ultra competitive, and I like that she said that to Meisha instead of just talking shit to a confessional cam. Ronda is taking her responsibility as a coach seriously and it shows. I bet the people on her team feel like I do. She is an inspiration and a testament to what you can do if you dedicate yourself to something. Phone Post 3.0

So people should be fans of annoying whining asshats just because they are olympians?
Whining is complaining without taking action. Ronda didn't whine, she disliked Meisha's response to the situation, told her so, and will take appropriate action when she can do so without being arrested. I wasn't saying to like her because she was an Olympian. I was saying I like her because of the passion and determination that enabled her to become an Olympian. Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 3:43 PM
RockTheVote
573 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_AsimpleFan -
s98ronin -

Whining is complaining without taking action. Ronda didn't whine, she disliked Meisha's response to the situation, told her so, and will take appropriate action when she can do so without being arrested. I wasn't saying to like her because she was an Olympian. I was saying I like her because of the passion and determination that enabled her to become an Olympian. Phone Post 3.0
Oh so you interpret foot stamping, puoting, and bitch-facing as passion and commitment to excellence. I see why we disagree about her. Phone Post
9/14/13 3:54 PM
MCchoke

i was never really a fan of either but i have to admit
Rondas passion and realness are starting to win me over

9/14/13 4:05 PM
Jay-dog

Meisha is even more annoying now. Ronda taking notes during elimination fights and Meisha panning for camera sums up the differences for me. Ronda's intensity is awesome. she is emotionally invested in her athletes.
9/14/13 5:07 PM
Jay-dog

pidgey - So now according to Ronda's whiteknights, Miesha is not allowed to celebrate with her winning fighter because that would upset super-competitive Ronda, she should just stay serious, avoid smiling and go back straight to the locker room.

Are you that retarded?

Who said that? Who are you referring to?
9/14/13 6:20 PM
HexRei

Never been a fan. I respect her skill but her personality has always turned me off. So no surprise to me to see her behavior on TUF (however edited the portrayal may be).
9/14/13 6:22 PM
Sevensky

I agree I'm a Tate fan now! Don't ask why Ronda rubs me the wrong way after watching that train wreck.Dana is wishing he could take the season back.you tell tell he has been different after the recording.im sure the goal was not to Ruin her image.. Go ahead and flame away :) Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 6:40 PM
jagen

Edited: 09/14/13 6:40 PM
I was a fan of neither but I'm kinda cheering for Tate now...It won't happen but it would be hilarious if Tate caught Honda with an arm bar.

Does anyone else think the UFC is trying to make Ronda a Heel? She doesn't have to act any different or pretend, production will do all the work for her. There's a shitload of money in being the 'bad guy', take Sonnen for example...dudes rolling around in opportunities outside the cage.
9/14/13 6:41 PM
pegson123

If u switch after two episodes of a reality tv show well you weren't a fan to begin with. Phone Post
9/14/13 6:46 PM
Jay-dog

pidgey - 
Jay-dog - 
pidgey - So now according to Ronda's whiteknights, Miesha is not allowed to celebrate with her winning fighter because that would upset super-competitive Ronda, she should just stay serious, avoid smiling and go back straight to the locker room.

Are you that retarded?

Who said that? Who are you referring to?

Not you man, but im talking in general.

To be honest i like Ronda, i rooted for her in the first Miesha fight, i dont see a problem in her super-competitive way of being a coach on TUF and all the rest, but i cant really justify her going up to Miesha's face and whining because she DARED to smile and celebrate a victory.

Meanwhile, according to some white knights in the UG this kind of behavior is excusable.

To me, it's totally crazy.

Maybe not a reason to stop being a fan but Ronda should really check herself.

I see nothing wrong with it because they are going to punch each other in the face in a few months. If they were tennis players then that would be out of line. I do see how that could rub some people the wrong way but it's fighting... talking is part of the mental aspect of the sport.
9/14/13 7:09 PM
BRZ

Edited: 09/14/13 7:14 PM
pegson123 - If u switch after two episodes of a reality tv show well you weren't a fan to begin with. Phone Post

I agree with this.  It's not like Ronda fans didn't know what kind of person Ronda was in the first place. I root for teams drivers and fighters and haven't switch any of them. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.