UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Pena: I made Ronda Rousey cry and I love it

9/13/13 8:38 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bryanand
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rhonda has that young Mike Tyson insecurity in her, and that wills her to be so scared of losing and being knocked off that throne that it's driven her to be a champion. That personality trait is dangerous though as we've seen, someone will beat her at some point and when it happens the wheels on her career will most likely fall off causing an epic crash downward.

9/13/13 8:44 AM
Bucephalus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don' t have a problem with Rhonda. So, she's just emotional and reactive. Whatever. She's a chick who fights in cages for a living. I'm not exactly shocked.

I do like Pena though.. At one point during the Baszler fight, I was admiring her technique and her coach started yelling, "put your butt DOWN" ... and I thought, "No, Julianna, don't put your butt down. Keep it right where it is."
9/13/13 8:45 AM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

man meets fate - 
MattyJ - Now this is a girl that could/should be the face of WMMA, I was sick of Rouseys shtick before TUF and 2 episodes in its not getting any better, 2 male Diazs are enough. Phone Post 3.0

I personally love that role ronda is playing. Thing is, the diaz bros play it well cause they can knock your head off. Who takes it seriously from a judo girl with only an armbar?

That's the only thing that annoys me.

people who are afraid of having their arm broken
9/13/13 11:00 AM
BravoPUA
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poindexter -
BravoPUA - 
Blunderhooks -
BravoPUA - Another thing to remember is she was fat a few years ago.

Many girls never get rid of that fat girl mindset/attitude. Phone Post 3.0
You will probably get voted down but I 100% agree. Phone Post 3.0
Looks like I have been a few times already.

I've been a Ronda fan for awhile now and posted earlier that I hope this show doesn't change that...

I noticed this with a lot of guys I coach. Nerdy guys. Fat. Virgins. Etc...

They get cooler and get laid. But deep down they are still that older insecure version of themselves.

Her getting so upset that Tate was happy that her girl won- made me think that she still has that chubby girl chip on her shoulder. Phone Post 3.0

The chip seems to push her to be her best, so she shouldn't lose it anytime soon if she knows what's good for her.

After I hit submit. I thought about posting that as well. 100% correct

Also when she was walking out to the cage with her girl. She was looking so hard. And pretty sexy.

Hope she doesn't ballon up after she retires. She was looking good. Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 1:51 PM
MattyJ
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

man meets fate -
MattyJ - Now this is a girl that could/should be the face of WMMA, I was sick of Rouseys shtick before TUF and 2 episodes in its not getting any better, 2 male Diazs are enough. Phone Post 3.0

I personally love that role ronda is playing. Thing is, the diaz bros play it well cause they can knock your head off. Who takes it seriously from a judo girl with only an armbar?

With the Diaz bros I believe they genuinely don't give a fuck, they do what they want when they want its not just a gimmick, Rousey is trying to hard to live up to the female Diaz title she's been given. Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 1:51 PM
MattyJ
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

man meets fate -

With the Diaz bros I believe they genuinely don't give a fuck, they do what they want when they want its not just a gimmick, Rousey is trying to hard to live up to the female Diaz title she's been given. Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 2:45 PM
TheGoldenRule
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only watched the fight. . Did RR ever give JP propers for her victory over Shayna?... episode didn't show it, if she did. Phone Post
9/13/13 2:50 PM
TheGoldenRule
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheGoldenRule - Only watched the fight. . Did RR ever give JP propers for her victory over Shayna?... episode didn't show it, if she did. Phone Post
My point being that RR is so narcissistic, and or such aTate hater, that instead of congratulating a virtual unknown fighter who was just victorious (albeit outmatched in her opinion) against her fighter, she tried to create drama where none existed. . Phone Post
9/13/13 3:22 PM
TEX4N
272 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kostakio - I like this girl a lot. Phone Post 3.0
This

Attractive and keeps it real Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 4:32 PM
SikRick

Julianna is the a dark horse in hotness

9/14/13 2:45 AM
Dan Pagan
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Augustus_Caesar_Showtime'd_My_Butthole - Shaun Al-Shatti? WTF is this Al Jazeera MMA?
Vu, political correctness is way over rated Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 2:50 AM
Powerful DJH
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had no idea Ronda was so corny.. "laughing at my fighters pain".. its called joy in victory, and shower what a shitty loser Ronda is. I'm liking meisha more n more n ronfa less n less.

Ronda's walk was the most embarrassing thing she did. She must have thought she was so cool. When meisha made fun at the end and walked like her I was dying..

Poor Ronda, this is gunna be her downfall. Phone Post
9/14/13 2:52 AM
Powerful DJH
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MattyJ -
man meets fate -

This. Couldnt have said it better. Whatever she is doing you can tell isn't herself and comes across forced. Reason behind her poor reception on tuf IMO. Phone Post
9/14/13 3:53 AM
Strykr619

She should be happy she won considering her striking was sloppy as shit but instead she goes off and runs her mouth like a typical female.

9/14/13 5:52 AM
nobigdeal

I like Pena. A buddy of mine dated her for awhile. She's a pretty chill person and I loved watching her demoralize that other girl. And making rousey cry. Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 6:24 AM
Frames4Life

Jackson_Junior -
Atkinson -
BravoPUA - GREAT fight

LOVED how it turned around like that, and she nailed it with that interview

and I am a Ronda fan...hopefully I still am after this season
I'm a Ronda fan too.. But Shayna def deserved to get her butt kicked for all that bs she was talking Phone Post 3.0
Shayna wasn't disrespecting her opponent, she just has that mentality going into a fight, telling herself that her opponent is no where on her level and that she can destroy her. It's to boost her self confidence up. When im having an amature muay Thai fight or a bjj match, My coaches tell me the same stuff to boost my confidence. , Phone Post 3.0
LOL @ this Phone Post
9/14/13 6:50 AM
KZTT_W85
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pena was impressive. Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 6:54 AM
KZTT_W85
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Atkinson -
Frames4Life -
Jackson_Junior -
Atkinson -
BravoPUA - GREAT fight

LOVED how it turned around like that, and she nailed it with that interview

and I am a Ronda fan...hopefully I still am after this season
I'm a Ronda fan too.. But Shayna def deserved to get her butt kicked for all that bs she was talking Phone Post 3.0
Shayna wasn't disrespecting her opponent, she just has that mentality going into a fight, telling herself that her opponent is no where on her level and that she can destroy her. It's to boost her self confidence up. When im having an amature muay Thai fight or a bjj match, My coaches tell me the same stuff to boost my confidence. , Phone Post 3.0
LOL @ this Phone Post
Yeh as ol mate pointed out above there's plenty of ways to visualise victory without completely disrespecting your opponent.

Baszler concentrated too much energy on how Pena didn't deserve to fight her while Pena concentrated on Baszler being a tough opponent but she guaranteed she would win.

Quite simply Baszlers talk left her mentally unprepared for when Pena was still in the cage with her in the 2nd round while Pena had prepared herself for a fight that could go the distance.

Great win for Pena and underdogs the world over. Phone Post 3.0
Yep

Shayna- "I'm just doing a ten minute circuit that I can choose to finish whenever I want"

When you go in with that mindset and your opponent gives serious resistance, things turn ugly.

Big difference between that and 'boosting confidence' Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 10:12 AM
tetris
296 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik -
Augustus_Caesar_Showtime'd_My_Butthole - Shaun Al-Shatti? WTF is this Al Jazeera MMA?

Not only that but I have heard allegations that Ariel Helwani is a Jew. Dave Doyle sounds Irish. And Guilherme Cruz is a notorious Mexicaner.

Well played good sir Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 10:15 AM
1oldfart

love penas fighting style, she is fearless

will rousey turn into a rampage and whine/cry about evrything?
9/14/13 10:16 AM
tetris
296 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can tell pena is raw talent. Watching her hit the pads gave me the feeling that she was not a good striker and baszler is a monster on the mat so i didnt that she would want to play there but once the bell rang she really made it come together. I am a fan now and i have a feeling she is going to improve leaps and bounds once she gets to work with more coaches. Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 11:56 AM
Powerful DJH

Atkinson -
Powerful DJH -
MattyJ -
man meets fate -

This. Couldnt have said it better. Whatever she is doing you can tell isn't herself and comes across forced. Reason behind her poor reception on tuf IMO. Phone Post
You kids should become online psychologists with such incredible levels of intuition to tell when someone is not being themselves via edited video footage.

She's a mean and nasty bitch when it comes to competition and she's coming across exactly how I'd expect her too. Phone Post 3.0
OK dick. I don't care how edited the footage was, that's a scapegoat for people who act like assholes on TV. I might not have the qualifications you have asshole but I was going off what I saw. The way she walked to the ring, throwing the door open and walking by Tate, who also noticed how stupid she looked walking like that after the fight made me laugh my ass off. She has never walked like that before Its just my opinion and it seems to be shared by the majority of MMA fans. I was a huge rousey fan but her personality has changed a lot since the meisha fight and it sucks. In.my opinion she is trying too hard to be a hard ass all the time.

Most people don't think she came off firey and competitive dude, I'm sorry, its true. She came off like a petulant kid and a brat sore loser. It wasn't editing that made her cry and act like that. Phone Post
9/14/13 12:04 PM
ProteinOverdrive

Pitbull3744 -

HAHAHAHAH With every episode makes Ronda look worse and worse, this could not have backfired anymore on Ronda and Dana.  Ronda will lose so many fans from this its just funny. 

She won't lose anything. In fact look at this forum, it's nothing but Ronda threads.

People love drama, and she is bringing a lot of it. She is also the champion.

I won't be surprised if this TUF turns out to be record breaking. Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 1:01 PM
Ryan Black
435 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really like Juliana Peña. She seems a very talented prospect. She listened to her corner throughout the fight, came out guns blazing, and *did* throw the first bigger punch... and after it landed, it really seemed to do exactly what Meisha had expected it would when she was explaining the gameplan.

She looked great against a formidable opponent. She seems to have a lot of heart, and I for one can certainly admire that. Great fight, in my opinion. Can't wait to see more of her. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.