UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Now is the perfect time for UFC to hire Jim Ross

9/12/13 4:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CowboysStuntDouble
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ansari -
Hilarious, I don't know how well he'd mesh with the current commentary, but I'd tune in to find out Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 4:29 PM
indianrob
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know it would never happen, but good ole j.r. Is an exciting announcer. It would be fun to hear him call fights. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 4:51 PM
donovese
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoeMimic - Not for commentary but I'd love a Voice Versus type show with Ross sitting down with fighters. Phone Post
I like this a lot. I think that he would be great on the short buildups before fights, both as a kind of interviewer and also adding his own commentary about highlights from other fight. Not a big pro wrestling fan, but the guy has a lot of energy and seems to be truly into his job. Maybe a segment during the weekly show on FS1 where he sits with a fighter and breaks down a/some fights with him. He can get all crazy as well as provide some solid commentary. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 4:55 PM
RKing85
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would need to see many MANY examples of JR calling MMA fights before I would want to see him do UFC shows.
9/12/13 4:56 PM
Uncle Muay Thai
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.pwwew.net/quotes/ross.htm

Some of JRs best quotes Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 5:21 PM
Gobulcoque
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would be fucking epic.
9/12/13 5:33 PM
DanteHec
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Woooow xD! Phone Post
9/12/13 5:35 PM
RonysTorresIceBag
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i haven't watched wrestling in eons - since i was probably in middle school. but this clip sounded familiar. when he proclaims "somebody stop the damn match", "oh god he killed him", and "as god as my witness he's broken in half", that's referring to undertaker dropping him through the cage from 20 feet up, right? man, memories. haha.
9/12/13 5:47 PM
RonysTorresIceBag
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"him" being mick foley/mankind/dude love/whatever he was that night
9/12/13 5:56 PM
liamthomas

Coincidentally dana this week started following him on twitter Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 6:33 PM
I_Bungalo_Baboo_Babies
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IT'S A SLOBBERNOCKER! Phone Post
9/12/13 6:53 PM
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much

liamthomas - Coincidentally dana this week started following him on twitter Phone Post 3.0
Awesome... I hope they do something together. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 7:04 PM
Ryan Black
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good God Almighty... I love that YouTube vid.

Goldie: Michael Jordan-esque is the BJJ game of Travis Lutter!
JR: Well, that certainly remains to be seen...

That was a well-placed JR quote behind a glimpse of Goldie being Goldie... pretty funny. Just made me imagine Joe sitting next to Goldie staring at him with a "The... fuck did you just say?" look on his face, while being at a complete loss for words...

Also well-edited was the Jim Ross play-by-play of the barrage Cain Valasquez hammered Brock with.

In my opinion, I agree with the premise of JR being involved to a degree. From what I understand, he is actually somewhat knowledgeable about MMA. But I can also understand and respect the opinions of those that disagree with the idea. In all seriousness- it would take more than a 'just for fun' YouTube vid to get me to say "yes, definitely, absolutely" to Jim Ross calling UFC fights. Phone Post
9/12/13 7:10 PM
RSGTT_SonOfJockstrap
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jim Ross use to do play by play for the Falcons and is a huge MMA fan, yet I have my doubts about him doing the announcing for MMA. He even has his doubts, he's talked about it before on various podcasts. I'm sure given enough time he'd do a decent enough job but he's not getting any younger or healthier. Let him continue to make awesome barbecue sauce and beef jerky in his twilight and enjoy himself.

9/12/13 7:18 PM
shaqitup
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anik is 10x better than goldberg Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 7:24 PM
Taz Styles
2552 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RileyPust - 

The more I think about it, the more I think Jeff Ross would be a better commentator than Jim Ross. 

Joe: Hendricks really needs to start tucking his chin!

Jeff: I wish you'd tuck your chin so I wouldn't have to look at you. Seriously, you look like a severely alopecic chimp.

9/16/13 2:55 PM
breakbeatbox
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jim Ross was on The MMA Hour and seems to be open for a slot in the UFC, either in the back developing talent or in the booth.

Dana, MAKE THIS HAPPEN.
9/16/13 3:00 PM
JStrongMMA
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He made a good point during the mma hour. A commentator should evoke emotion through storytelling. JR does it better than anyone and his ability and experience would most certainly transfer over to MMA very well. Phone Post
9/16/13 3:03 PM
jmont

please god no Phone Post
9/16/13 3:05 PM
breakbeatbox
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JR paints a picture better than anyone in sports. Imagine him paired with Brian Stann. Wow.
9/16/13 3:08 PM
dabigchet

would absolutely love to hear jim ross calling the UFC. dana make this happen!
9/16/13 3:14 PM
disbeliever
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
I would tune in to hear how he did.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.