UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC 165 on UFC on Xbox LIVE

9/17/13 5:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UFConXboxLIVE
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Xbox, Community Manager
Large Fun Bags -  Love the app.

Thanks Phone Post

Thanks and good to hear!

9/17/13 5:19 PM
UFConXboxLIVE
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Xbox, Community Manager
Garet JJ - 
UFConXboxLIVE -
Feelz Good - Been waiting for this post, since I had a question. I was wondering if you could tell me/know the delay of the Xbox Live feed vs cable PPV? It's pretty obvious that there is one, is there anything you can do about that? Phone Post 3.0

Great question!  

Any video service delivered over the internet must first be encoded from the source feed coming from the satellite. When we receive the feed from the UFC directly it's being encoded in real-time.  So there is a slight delay due to this encoding process but we are partnered with one of the largest streaming providers on the planet, and they are running the best tech available.  It's a balance of optimal encoding of the video while maintaining high quality video...and doing all of this real-time!

Hope that helps!

Amazing spin, great salesman, lol. Phone Post 3.0

We could have gone way more technical on that but that was the footnotes / easy to read version

9/17/13 6:42 PM
MrFluffyHippo
1525 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hello. The batteries on my Xbox controller died during a game. For this I believe I am entitled to a free Xbox 1 And all future UFC pay per views.

It was horrible.... I kept pushing r2 but I wasn't shooting.... I will be scarred for life. Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 7:10 PM
UGCTT croy_00
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MrFluffyHippo - Hello. The batteries on my Xbox controller died during a game. For this I believe I am entitled to a free Xbox 1 And all future UFC pay per views.

It was horrible.... I kept pushing r2 but I wasn't shooting.... I will be scarred for life. Phone Post 3.0

If you're pressing R2 on your Xbox controller you are doing it wrong :-P

9/17/13 10:00 PM
FullyLoadedFists
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThickS0lid N Right -
UFConXboxLIVE -

Jon Jones holds the reach advantage and has an unpredictable style but Alexander Gustafsson has some great footwork and KO power in his hands. How will it go down at UFC 165? You can now order the Pay Per View on UFC on Xbox LIVE.

We've loaded up the app with featured past fights from both fighters and the UFC 165 extended preview (of course more to come leading up to fight day). We're also showing the free fights on the app too.....first up is Gustafsson vs Hamman.

Still don't know why we can't have running totals over multiple events for the you pick em? I also don't know why the fights that are on that are totally random. Love the app tho still use it all the time. Best lead up to watch before an event Phone Post 3.0
Seriously! Running point totals from all the events that we made fight picks from would be great! Phone Post
9/17/13 11:44 PM
UGCTT_Roadkill
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DIMEbroken -
UGCTT_Roadkill -
DIMEbroken - Man we just got my oldest boy (7 years old) a new Xbox in July for his bday. And since then he has been talking about watching a UFC fight on his Xbox. He is a real big fan of Jon jones and we planned on ordering on Xbox live. He loves doing jiu jitsu and has two stripes on his belt. The sad thing is, we had our house broken into 1 week ago and the only things they stole was his Xbox and my ps3, he was so bummed the first thing he said was, "what about Bones jones dad, he only fights on Xbox live with black ops!!!!" I wish we could make it happen for him, but We are a young family trying to build up. Phone Post 3.0
Do you have any other source to be able to watch it? Computer, cable, satellite? Phone Post
We do have satellite at home
But the thing is we had already purchased our Xbox live points to order it in advance. And to be honest we currently don't have the extra funds to order it on PPV. I gotta find a way to make this happen for my boy, All he talks is watching the champ, he looks up to his fighting style and submissions so much! I don't know if i should buy him a current Xbox or just wait and get a new Xbox One. But man we have to take something happen with in the next 4 days. We just want our Xbox back!! Poor kids have been so sad and bored lately. Phone Post 3.0
What company is your sat through? Phone Post
9/18/13 1:38 AM
DIMEbroken

UGCTT_Roadkill -
DIMEbroken -
UGCTT_Roadkill -
DIMEbroken - Man we just got my oldest boy (7 years old) a new Xbox in July for his bday. And since then he has been talking about watching a UFC fight on his Xbox. He is a real big fan of Jon jones and we planned on ordering on Xbox live. He loves doing jiu jitsu and has two stripes on his belt. The sad thing is, we had our house broken into 1 week ago and the only things they stole was his Xbox and my ps3, he was so bummed the first thing he said was, "what about Bones jones dad, he only fights on Xbox live with black ops!!!!" I wish we could make it happen for him, but We are a young family trying to build up. Phone Post 3.0
Do you have any other source to be able to watch it? Computer, cable, satellite? Phone Post
We do have satellite at home
But the thing is we had already purchased our Xbox live points to order it in advance. And to be honest we currently don't have the extra funds to order it on PPV. I gotta find a way to make this happen for my boy, All he talks is watching the champ, he looks up to his fighting style and submissions so much! I don't know if i should buy him a current Xbox or just wait and get a new Xbox One. But man we have to take something happen with in the next 4 days. We just want our Xbox back!! Poor kids have been so sad and bored lately. Phone Post 3.0
What company is your sat through? Phone Post
We currently have dish network. And thank you so much for your kind words and thoughts. As soon as my boys wake up for school I will tell them how awesome the UG is and we are all like family. We cannot thank you enough!!! Phone Post 3.0
9/18/13 3:40 AM
ThickS0lid N Right
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FullyLoadedFists -
ThickS0lid N Right -
UFConXboxLIVE -

Jon Jones holds the reach advantage and has an unpredictable style but Alexander Gustafsson has some great footwork and KO power in his hands. How will it go down at UFC 165? You can now order the Pay Per View on UFC on Xbox LIVE.

We've loaded up the app with featured past fights from both fighters and the UFC 165 extended preview (of course more to come leading up to fight day). We're also showing the free fights on the app too.....first up is Gustafsson vs Hamman.

Still don't know why we can't have running totals over multiple events for the you pick em? I also don't know why the fights that are on that are totally random. Love the app tho still use it all the time. Best lead up to watch before an event Phone Post 3.0
Seriously! Running point totals from all the events that we made fight picks from would be great! Phone Post
I've been askin this ever Xbox thread live the app but def would be nice to have ..VU Phone Post 3.0
9/18/13 12:49 PM
Fan of fanboys
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT croy_00 -
MrFluffyHippo - Hello. The batteries on my Xbox controller died during a game. For this I believe I am entitled to a free Xbox 1 And all future UFC pay per views.

If you're pressing R2 on your Xbox controller you are doing it wrong :-P

Vote up both of you Phone Post 3.0
9/18/13 12:50 PM
Fan of fanboys
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Am I the only one who think the Dime poster is...off? Phone Post 3.0
9/18/13 1:20 PM
Feelz Good

Fan of fanboys - Am I the only one who think the Dime poster is...off? Phone Post 3.0
No...he's full of it Phone Post 3.0
9/18/13 4:27 PM
UGCTT croy_00
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Feelz Good - 
Fan of fanboys - Am I the only one who think the Dime poster is...off? Phone Post 3.0
No...he's full of it Phone Post 3.0

Haha, my BS alarm went off, but I really want to give the benefit of the doubt. I have a problem trusting random internet folks though,

9/18/13 8:49 PM
DIMEbroken

I can care less about what any of you guys think and I am not asking for any handouts. I am a strong believer in hard work and just felt like sharing a story that mainly happened to my son and not me. He is a very hard worker in BJJ and he deserves more than what has been thrown his way. Then to have complete strangers question the validity of my story is plain distasteful and in my opinion, only dishonest people think this way. I'd rather recieve nothing and delete this whole thing from this forum instead, we know what we went through and still are going through because of the paranoia of knowing someone else, a stranger, was in our house looking at pictures of our children. I went to bed with a peace of mind last night feeling the warmth I received from the UG and told my son that there are good people out there willing to do nice things when he awoke in the morning. Then only for him to get out of school and ask me to see this very thread until he started reading negative comments. We want no charity nor sympathy, I only hope no one reading this ever has to experience something like this with their children. Peace out Phone Post 3.0
9/18/13 8:52 PM
DIMEbroken

And with no malice or ill will, if any one offers me anything, I will respectfully decline, out of the respect I have for this forum. Phone Post 3.0
9/18/13 10:19 PM
DIMEbroken

UFConXboxLIVE -

I don't really know how to PM, I don't have a computer and only use a phone. I just wanted to say thank you for your generous offer. It's hard to tell sarcasm through typing and it's really hard to gauge which posts really care or which are making fun of our situation for my choice of words. I should have never put my family's recent struggles public and my intention was not to receive any kind of freebies. It's just my son is an Mma fan and starting to really love playing video games. It was just a place where they both connected. Please do not feel obligated to continue with anything mentioned in any of your previous posts. Thank you very much. Phone Post 3.0
9/18/13 10:47 PM
chalice

tell me more about your plan to buy the ppv with your microsoft points and why you wanted to buy them so far in advance when money is tight enough for your "young family trying to build up" that you can no longer afford to order the ppv.

9/18/13 10:51 PM
Feelz Good

chalice - tell me more about your plan to buy the ppv with your microsoft points and why you wanted to buy them so far in advance when money is tight enough for your "young family trying to build up" that you can no longer afford to order the ppv.

Yeah, I pointed that out but it was just ignored. Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 1:11 AM
DIMEbroken

Feelz Good -
chalice - tell me more about your plan to buy the ppv with your microsoft points and why you wanted to buy them so far in advance when money is tight enough for your "young family trying to build up" that you can no longer afford to order the ppv.

First of all you have no idea what's goin on here in my situation and don't know the intricacies of every detail. And I don't have to explain myself to anyone, just because I don't reply right away doesn't mean it's ignored. I have a life and not glued to my phone screen all day. You want to talk about Xbox points right, I'm sure you will find some other "hole" in my non argumentative statement but much to my embarrassment here among the internet folks I must admit that I am not a gamer and never use my MY SON's x box so don't really know how x box points work. I had bought his system and points together on his birthday and he decided to save them, until now to get the fight( which I now I know he couldn't have done anyways). We all don't have extra budgets for fights or live off mommy and daddy. Some of us are mommy and daddy. Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 1:17 AM
DIMEbroken

Feelz Good -

And yeah my plan was to buy Xbox points knowing I couldn't use them for a fight, get my sons Xbox stolen, then wait for Xbox to post something about the UFC on Xbox live and as the final pieces of the puzzle started coming together, and try to get a freebie poster of UFC 165 from some random stranger on the UG. A poster featuring a fighter I don't care for much, bit my son does. damn man I can't believe you figured out my master plan, you got me! Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 1:25 AM
DIMEbroken

Anyone care to retort, or are we just throwing out accusations with actually taking the responsibility for them. I'll gladly answer any question you may have about my "master plan." Anyone can talk shit but can anyone step and take responsibility for something wrong they said, or a wrong judgement they had. That's honestly All in would like out of this. But it will never happen here, only real men can apologize. Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 6:03 AM
Davy Crockett
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DIMEbroken - Anyone care to retort, or are we just throwing out accusations with actually taking the responsibility for them. I'll gladly answer any question you may have about my "master plan." Anyone can talk shit but can anyone step and take responsibility for something wrong they said, or a wrong judgement they had. That's honestly All in would like out of this. But it will never happen here, only real men can apologize. Phone Post 3.0
You don't even have a son you piece of shit Phone Post
9/19/13 12:33 PM
Feelz Good

DIMEbroken - Anyone care to retort, or are we just throwing out accusations with actually taking the responsibility for them. I'll gladly answer any question you may have about my "master plan." Anyone can talk shit but can anyone step and take responsibility for something wrong they said, or a wrong judgement they had. That's honestly All in would like out of this. But it will never happen here, only real men can apologize. Phone Post 3.0
You want a retort? Why are you going to concerts when you have no money? Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 4:51 PM
ThickS0lid N Right
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Large Fun Bags - Thanks for ruining this thread. VTFD

A simple pm to OP would have sufficed.

Now, can we get an update on the fight picks? Why dont they accumulate after each event? Thanks Phone Post
Yea this dude gets it ... Lets get back to improving the app vtfu Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 4:51 PM
ThickS0lid N Right

Now, can we get an update on the fight picks? Why dont they accumulate after each event? Thanks Phone Post
Yea this dude gets it ... Lets get back to improving the app VTFU Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 5:08 PM
UFConXboxLIVE

Xbox, Community Manager
ThickS0lid N Right - 

Yea this dude gets it ... Lets get back to improving the app VTFU Phone Post 3.0

How about name us the top 2-3 features you would like to see added to the app?  We have our to-do list but always good to have a temperature check with our users

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.