UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> $5 million most UFC athlete made for one bout

9/12/13 11:49 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1025 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Today during a Google Hangout, UFC President Dana White was asked what the most any UFC athlete had ever made for a single bout. Lorenzo Fertita happen to be near by and they both agreed it was approxiamately $5 million. The UFC bosses would not reveal to whom it was paid, but Georges St-Pierre, Anderson Silva, or Brock Lesnar are likely candidates:

"We paid a guy $5 million for a fight before, [but] we didn't start making money until 2007. That was six years ago. So boxing's been around for a 100 years, they've been doing big events since way back when. Pretty amazing what we have done in short amount of time. I don't think a lot of people look at that way and break it down for what it really is."

read entire article...

What most likely spurred the question was the recent reveal that Floyd Mayweather, Jr. is set to make a guaranteed $41.5 million for this Saturday's bout. Boxing of course is a sport that has been around for a hundred years and mixed martial arts only since 1993.

9/13/13 12:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Willin
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's sad that it was probably Brock who made the most and not Anderson.

Brock is a human bulldozer with a TV following of regressed man babies that carried over ratings to UFC 100 PPV buys.

Anderson is the most spectacular fighter to ever walk into the octagon yet Brock likely got paid more.

This is equivalent to Saudi Sheiks being billionaires simply because they sit on top of an enormous pool of oil. Without it they're nothing notable. Phone Post
9/13/13 12:07 AM
TDogg926
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If it wasn't Brock, I'd be really surprised. Phone Post
9/13/13 12:08 AM
UGCTT_ShanTheMan
619 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Uncle Chael said they paid him 8 mil for a fight. I am pretty sure the american gangster has never lied.
9/13/13 12:10 AM
Willin
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ShanTheMan - Uncle Chael said they paid him 8 mil for a fight. I am pretty sure the american gangster has never lied.
I think Chael meant he got paid 8 million to fight. Not that the UFC paid him all of that. He probably got $4,999,999.99 from the UFC and the rest in IOU's in the form of ladies panties being thrown at him. Phone Post
9/13/13 12:12 AM
Willin

Kazp306 -
Willin - It's sad that it was probably Brock who made the most and not Anderson.

Brock is a human bulldozer with a TV following of regressed man babies that carried over ratings to UFC 100 PPV buys.

Anderson is the most spectacular fighter to ever walk into the octagon yet Brock likely got paid more.

This is equivalent to Saudi Sheiks being billionaires simply because they sit on top of an enormous pool of oil. Without it they're nothing notable. Phone Post
Don't hate on Brock. Brock legitimately smashed those dude's. Phone Post
I'm not necessarily hating on him but he also outweighed dud's by 30lbs at fight time. I'm not even an Anderson fanboy by any means but I can appreciate the unmatched technicality he displays. The dichotomy is a metaphor for the daily unfairness we all witness. Phone Post
9/13/13 12:13 AM
The BigBadWolf ticket
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gsp said he makes about 5 mil a fight Phone Post
9/13/13 12:20 AM
IhaveDSL'SforPettis

That's BS, they've paid a fighter more. In fact, I would say AS, St. Pierre, and Lesnar have all had at least one pay day that big with the UFC. Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 12:20 AM
Ben Pittsley
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

$5M is a good fuckin payday Phone Post
9/13/13 12:26 AM
Phisher

The BigBadWolf ticket -  Gsp said he makes about 5 mil a fight Phone Post

Isn't that including sponsor money?

9/13/13 12:55 AM
jimbonice

Do you think GSP vs Penn or Hughes may have been the first big payday? Phone Post
9/13/13 1:16 AM
Ganjah Luv

"This is equivalent to Saudi Sheiks being billionaires simply because they sit on top of an enormous pool of oil. Without it they're nothing notable"

The fuuuuck is that supposed to mean? who is notable?
9/13/13 1:21 AM
NotSomeTourist
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was probably AS at 148 or Lesnar for UFC 100

9/13/13 2:08 AM
sekundarburnes

it was brock lesnar making anderson silva money
9/13/13 2:22 AM
Feelz Good

It was definitely Brock at UFC 100. It was one of the largest gates in UFC history and rumored to be 1.5 million PPV. Even if the PPV buys were off, it was still huge. Once Brock got his cut of that, he got paid. It wouldn't surprise me to hear that others have earned around $3-4 million though. Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 5:24 AM
Purgey
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought AS said he makes 5M per fight and GSP said he makes 7M? Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 6:56 AM
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much

Purgey - I thought AS said he makes 5M per fight and GSP said he makes 7M? Phone Post 3.0

Most likely do when you count sponsorships, maybe even more. Some of the top guys get good sponsorship money.
9/13/13 7:01 AM
Frames4Life

Purgey - I thought AS said he makes 5M per fight and GSP said he makes 7M? Phone Post 3.0
You thought wrong.

These are once a blue moon mega payments from one promotion and they appear to be a thing of the past. I think Cage fighting and UFC is dying off now for sure, Mayweather was right.

It's really nothing compared to boxers though , Tyson Fury is being paid $8 million to fight David Haye($13 million) this month in Manchester, England in a non title fight.

The UFC are in town right about the same time, what are Bisping and Munoz getting? Phone Post
9/13/13 7:16 AM
time traveling 12er
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah I'm guessing the 5mil was a combination of show/win money and not counting PPV, bonuses, and sponsors.
9/13/13 8:56 AM
xAdRockx
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Members of the UG who were with us at Wembley will testify - DFW said (after consulting with people in Vegas with spreadsheets), that Chuck has been paid more by the UFC than anyone else.

Not saying he's the $5M guy, but overall, he's made more than anyone.

When I said "Brock made you a lot of money", he replied "We paid Brock a *LOT* of money"
9/13/13 9:01 AM
Aaron Becker

Ten eight round - 
IhaveDSL'SforPettis - That's BS, they've paid a fighter more. In fact, I would say AS, St. Pierre, and Lesnar have all had at least one pay day that big with the UFC. Phone Post 3.0
So they admit they paid $5 million as the largest.

Didnt say it was the largest by far.

Yet you still want to hate and say they're bullshitting. Lol at whatever magic figures you have in your head regarding the UFCs payment abilities.

$5million for a single fight, in a sport that is only twenty years old, is pretty big Phone Post

BS, the ufc has billions of money and have paid way more in secret backstage payments but they like to not pay their fighters and just keep their billions to themselves
9/13/13 9:13 AM
Lux Fixxins

Willin -
Kazp306 -
Willin - It's sad that it was probably Brock who made the most and not Anderson.

I'm not necessarily hating on him but he also outweighed dud's by 30lbs at fight time. I'm not even an Anderson fanboy by any means but I can appreciate the unmatched technicality he displays. The dichotomy is a metaphor for the daily unfairness we all witness. Phone Post
Lol @ "unfairness".

You baby Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 9:14 AM
Lux Fixxins

Aaron Becker -
Ten eight round - 
IhaveDSL'SforPettis - That's BS, they've paid a fighter more. In fact, I would say AS, St. Pierre, and Lesnar have all had at least one pay day that big with the UFC. Phone Post 3.0
So they admit they paid $5 million as the largest.

Didnt say it was the largest by far.

Yet you still want to hate and say they're bullshitting. Lol at whatever magic figures you have in your head regarding the UFCs payment abilities.

$5million for a single fight, in a sport that is only twenty years old, is pretty big Phone Post

BS, the ufc has billions of money and have paid way more in secret backstage payments but they like to not pay their fighters and just keep their billions to themselves
And here's another baby Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 9:25 AM
XcessiveZ
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frames4Life -
Purgey - I thought AS said he makes 5M per fight and GSP said he makes 7M? Phone Post 3.0
You thought wrong.

These are once a blue moon mega payments from one promotion and they appear to be a thing of the past. I think Cage fighting and UFC is dying off now for sure, Mayweather was right.

It's really nothing compared to boxers though , Tyson Fury is being paid $8 million to fight David Haye($13 million) this month in Manchester, England in a non title fight.

The UFC are in town right about the same time, what are Bisping and Munoz getting? Phone Post
No they're not.GSP said he makes 4-5 million per fight, not in mega fights.You don't know what you're talking about. Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 9:28 AM
Aaron Becker

Willin - 
Kazp306 -

you're gonna have weight differences in the hwt division, you don't see them bitching about it so why should you?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.