UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Adrien Broner apologizes for MMA comments but...

9/13/13 8:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
T Bag
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -

^ being juco national champ is like having the biggest dick in vietnam...  now go back to jerking off to Bellashit mma while it's still around.

Yeah like other shitty JUCO champs Tom Erikson, Daniel Cormier and Brock Lesnar Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 8:26 PM
thegoldenboy

Broner isn't the smartest guy out there but nor should he be, he's a boxer not an english teacher. What he is saying is pretty much true but it could be worded better. It's fairly simple, MMA is very young and has grown in popularity much quicker than fighters have grown in skill. There isn't much more to it than that, if MMA continues to grow then in 50 years time it will most likely be similar to how boxing is now. Kids will need to be brought up training MMA to have any hopes of becoming a world champion, save for the very rare athletic freak i.e. Sergio Martinez or Jon Jones (even though in terms of athleticism Martinez is worlds ahead).

The reason why someone like Broner wouldn't respect MMA is because there are two aspects to MMA: striking and grappling. When fighters grapple the fight can more often than not be a boring one to the uneducated and this is shown clearly when the crowd starts booing. However, when the two fighters separate and try to knock each others heads off its almost as if the crowd comes alive and the fight becomes exciting. The pinnacle of striking in MMA is a joke compared to boxing. I am very confident that the average 18 year old amateur boxer (in hopes of becoming a pro) would literally destroy 95% of the UFC roster in a straight up boxing or even muay thai fight and a good pro would kill all of them. Most of you will be shocked by this assumption but I'm afraid it's true, the muay thai skills of nearly all UFC fighters are nowhere near good enough to offset the HUGE difference in boxing skills. For every solid leg kick they would be hit with hard, accurate combinations and get knocked out quite quickly.

It's very amusing when people compare Anderson Silva to the matrix and shows nothing but how uneducated MMA fans are to boxing and even muay thai. Someone who is labelled as the GREATEST STRIKER IN THE WOLRD was fucking knocked out by a wrestler with a shitty hook. It's almost hilarious when people post that gif of Silva slipping Forrest Griffins punches like it means a god damn thing, I know 14 year olds who can box twice as good Griffin. You want to see matrix? Watch Floyd Mayweather fight.

I love MMA, it truly is the closest thing to a 1 vs 1 no rules fight. Here's the thing though, an MMA fighter is a jack of all trades but a master of none. So therefore we must respect individual combat sports as without them what will an MMA fighter look up to when training a certain part of their game?
9/13/13 8:36 PM
JacT
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im cool with what his main point was... He is not a big fan of mma.

I think he should try a couple classes, then reconsider.

Its all good.

JacT
9/13/13 11:11 PM
Reggie Warren Jr
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Put someone in a move? He's a fucking clueless idiot.
9/13/13 11:22 PM
Strykr619

MMALOGIC - 

^ being juco national champ is like having the biggest dick in vietnam...  now go back to jerking off to Bellashit mma while it's still around.

JUCO champ is nothing to sneeze at oh and you do Jones had a choice of going to a D1 wrestling school or MMA and he chose MMA.

Lemme guess thou, you have never wrestled competitively.

9/14/13 10:06 AM
Sprawl 68

12ealdeal -
man meets fate - No offense, but he isn't lieing.Look at some of these 22 or 23 yr olds in mma that have only been training couple years and have no real background and are close to title shots or already had them.You will never see that in boxing. Zab juddah has been training bjj for over 3 years now and still believes in what he said.

When you see kids like michael McDonald and rory who have only been training few years and one is close to a title and other has already fought for a title at a young age of 22 or 23, I t makes you scratch your head a lil bit.

When you see young guys liie broner and canelo making big already its different, they have been doing this since they could barely walk and there amatuer fight career is longer than most vets pro career in mma.

These guys in amatuer have anywhere from 200 to 350 amatuer fights
Rory has been training for a few years?

Yea okay. Phone Post 3.0
I love how people think they just started doing anything three yrs ago, right of the fucking street. Never wrestled or did anything and bam into the UFC. Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 10:20 AM
Tilla

man meets fate - No offense, but he isn't lieing.Look at some of these 22 or 23 yr olds in mma that have only been training couple years and have no real background and are close to title shots or already had them.You will never see that in boxing. Zab juddah has been training bjj for over 3 years now and still believes in what he said.

When you see kids like michael McDonald and rory who have only been training few years and one is close to a title and other has already fought for a title at a young age of 22 or 23, I t makes you scratch your head a lil bit.

When you see young guys liie broner and canelo making big already its different, they have been doing this since they could barely walk and there amatuer fight career is longer than most vets pro career in mma.

These guys in amatuer have anywhere from 200 to 350 amatuer fights

Agreed.

You get guys who are like 2-0/3-0 and they are fighting in the UFC. How can that be justified? It can't, IMO.

9/14/13 10:45 AM
Tweener

Who cares? Some loud mouth said something - better make it news! Gotta get those views/traffic! Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 3:56 PM
Danger'sDaddy
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To each his own. Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 4:03 PM
dermotfix

Comparing mma to boxing is like comparing mma to bjj.
The only facets worth comparing is production quality and PPV buys.
The businesses may be similar but the sports aren't. Phone Post
9/14/13 4:19 PM
Injury_Duty
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

... Uh, I believe James Toney had time to "learn a few submission moves" before he got his ass handed to him by Randy.

I get what the dude is TRYING to say, but it doesn't add up. Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 6:43 PM
Global Shield
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ssj - he came off well in this imo
I agree. Still ignorant. But likeable in a sense. Phone Post
9/14/13 8:28 PM
DEZBOT

Bellator Fan - "Look at Jon Jones... his only background is being a subpar collegiate wrestler."

He was a JUCO National Champion you idiot. Phone Post 3.0
Haha Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 8:33 PM
DanChow
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JUCO National Wrestling Champion, Greco Roman All-American, NYS Champion

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.