UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> LA AC bans breast implants

9/13/13 10:00 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1284 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

While MMA is the most compelling sport in the world, its regulation by State, Provincial, and Tribal athletic commissions can be relatively dry. That is why regulation is so under the radar that promotions like the UFC are often taken to task by fans over judges or refs, when officials are appointed not by the promotion, but by the AC.

However, a first of its kind emergency rule passed on Wed by Louisiana State Boxing and Wrestling Commission is, in keeping with the character of the state, more colorful that most - a six month moratorium was placed on on MMA fighters and boxers who have breast implants.

The Commission passed an emergency rule today prohibiting fighters with breast implants from participating in matches, unless they get clearance from the doctors who performed their plastic surgery.

"If they want to look good, then they don't have to be in the ring," said commissioner Harold Williams during a meeting at the Louisiana State Capitol.

The moratorium is in place for at least 60 days, while the commission gathers more information about other states' regulations of the matter. They are considering placing a blanket ban on fighters with breast implants altogether, or making the affected participants sign a waiver before participating.

A female fighter in the state recently pulled out of a scheduled match because of a problem with her breast implant, said vice chairman Buddy Embanato. He and several other commissioners are concerned about who would be financially responsible if a breast implant ruptured during competition.

Thomas Ferguson, a doctor on the commission, said a ruptured breast implant doesn't usually pose a serious health risk to the owner, but the required repairs are costly.

"Those redo surgeries are more complicated and expensive," he said.

The commission didn't know of any other state that has such a ban in place, though some states require fighters with implants to sign a waiver.

The new rule could have an impact on two or three female fights that have already been scheduled. Embanato said he wasn't sure if any of the women - outside of the one who has already pulled out of a fight because of problems - had breast implants.

Ferguson thought it was unlikely that a doctor who performed breast augmentations would sign off on a woman fighting.

"I don't know of a single plastic surgeon who is going to allow his artistic work to be messed up," he said.

Read entire article...

9/13/13 10:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess Tate won't be headlining any fight nights in the bayou Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 10:16 AM
sacredhate
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i think it's fair.

imagine if male fighters starting getting those, bagel-head, saline injections, i'm guessing they'd take some of the sting off of a punch.
9/13/13 10:17 AM
OneSidedWar

There goes Chyna's shot... Phone Post
9/13/13 10:18 AM
cold_fusion
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for pics of fighters affected by this new rule.
9/13/13 10:44 AM
ClemenzasCannoli
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I volunteer to test for these performance enhancers Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 10:48 AM
I LOVE GSP

InteSaSerios - Imagine if they banned "crazy" so long honda
Pfft , so long mma. Not just ronda. Phone Post
9/13/13 10:57 AM
The Lurker Below

"If they want to look good, then they don't have to be in the ring," said commissioner Harold Williams during a meeting at the Louisiana State Capitol.

How do looks relate to competition? fuck this Harold Williams guy.
9/13/13 11:52 AM
Matt Ward
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal - I guess Tate won't be headlining any fight nights in the bayou Phone Post 3.0
Nor fallon fox Phone Post
9/13/13 11:54 AM
RockTheVote
573 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so dont watch la wmma. noted.

9/13/13 11:56 AM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

IT'S OKAY!!!!! Wrestlemania is not in jeopardy.

9/13/13 1:26 PM
UGCTT_ConditFryedKampmannRare
868 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ClemenzasCannoli - I volunteer to test for these performance enhancers Phone Post 3.0
Damn....beat me to it. Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 1:41 PM
ClemenzasCannoli
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ConditFryedKampmannRare -
ClemenzasCannoli - I volunteer to test for these performance enhancers Phone Post 3.0
I can take on a partner. Ill check the right side, you check the left side Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 5:57 PM
ShoreBreaker420
1024 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 -
OneSidedWar -  There goes Chyna's shot... Phone Post

HA! That would also be no letting woman with penis's fight oh wait

sorry fallon
But he does have fake tits right? Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 6:33 PM
Mertvaya Ruka
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it makes sense, are the implants designed for full contact sports?
9/13/13 6:38 PM
UGCTT_ConditFryedKampmannRare
868 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ClemenzasCannoli -
UGCTT_ConditFryedKampmannRare -
I can take on a partner. Ill check the right side, you check the left side Phone Post 3.0
Deal :] Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.