UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: Nick Diaz not fighting as he has 'kickback' $

9/13/13 1:26 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Back in 2011 Nick Diaz famously lamented his financial state on a video.

"I'm over here driving a f---ing Honda," said Daiz. "Because my s---'s breaking down."

That is apparently no longer the case, and UFC president Dana White attributes his improved finances to the length of his current retirement, as transcribed ny 5thround.

“He's still an active fighter here in the UFC, but as far as I know, he’s just not interested in fighting right now," said White during Thursday's Google Hangout. "He doesn’t want a fight. Obviously, when Nick finally fought Georges St-Pierre, Nick Diaz made some money. So, Nick Diaz has some kickback money. He can probably take as long as he wants to fight again. I would assume that’s why."

“You’re fighting to make a living. You’re fighting to pay your bills. You’re fighting to get things that you want out of life. With the money that Nick Diaz made in his last fight, I’m sure he’s got everything he wants right now.”

There is indeed documentary proof the dramatic change!

This series of adjacent images shows Nick Diaz before and after 'kickback money,' and the change is obvious.

Nick before kickback money:

Nick after kickback money (no romoshops)*:

So what do you think UG? Is Diaz staying retired as he made some kickback money? And how long will the retirement last?

*OK, there was one.

9/13/13 1:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So Nick Diaz is pampered now. Phone Post
9/13/13 1:30 PM
jjchgo
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good for him for getting that paper.
9/13/13 1:33 PM
JStrongMMA
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 - Well he didnt exactly come to fight in that GSP bout, but hey if money is all he wanted than i guess he got it.
I love Nick but it was clear that he didn't get up for that GSP fight. It looked like he was sleeping until round 3. Kinda odd considering it was the biggest fight of his career. But he is a vet that has been around a long time so I'm glad he got a good payday out of it and hopefully we will see him back in the cage soon. Phone Post
9/13/13 1:40 PM
SickEyeDiaz
468 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The demand is certainly there. He could come back to a nice paycheck as well. Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 1:45 PM
shatefak
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope he comes back. Always enjoy his fights. Phone Post
9/13/13 1:50 PM
Leck Brosnar

Hope he fights a wrestler atleast one more time in his career ;)
9/13/13 1:53 PM
jude099
574 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 - 
JStrongMMA - 
Pitbull3744 - Well he didnt exactly come to fight in that GSP bout, but hey if money is all he wanted than i guess he got it.
I love Nick but it was clear that he didn't get up for that GSP fight. It looked like he was sleeping until round 3. Kinda odd considering it was the biggest fight of his career. But he is a vet that has been around a long time so I'm glad he got a good payday out of it and hopefully we will see him back in the cage soon. Phone Post

Yeah it was weird he was asking for that fight since forever! Maybe he was just a bit taken back by the whole thing and mentally wasnt totally ready that night. Wouldve been great to see Diaz do his thing against GSP even if just for a bit, because no matter what GSP was going to take him down again and again.

Im also glad he got that money he has been around a long time and given us good ass fights.

LOL you guys are too much. His "thing" is to brawl, or submit on the ground. He can't handle wrestlers and GSP came in with a perfect strategy.

Give credit where it's due: GSP beat nick diaz and made it look easy. Nicky couldn't do SHIT on the ground, and GSP didn't stand in front of him and exchange except for a few times (where nick DID tag him at will).

GSP > ND
9/13/13 1:54 PM
RearNakedToke
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D.A. -

Maybe he's going to school to learn how to buy a house.

Dude has a big fuckin nice house Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 2:01 PM
OGT
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy typos batman Phone Post
9/13/13 2:08 PM
jjchgo
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jude099 - 
Pitbull3744 - 
JStrongMMA - 

Yeah it was weird he was asking for that fight since forever! Maybe he was just a bit taken back by the whole thing and mentally wasnt totally ready that night. Wouldve been great to see Diaz do his thing against GSP even if just for a bit, because no matter what GSP was going to take him down again and again.

Im also glad he got that money he has been around a long time and given us good ass fights.

LOL you guys are too much. His "thing" is to brawl, or submit on the ground. He can't handle wrestlers and GSP came in with a perfect strategy.

Give credit where it's due: GSP beat nick diaz and made it look easy. Nicky couldn't do SHIT on the ground, and GSP didn't stand in front of him and exchange except for a few times (where nick DID tag him at will).

GSP > ND

lol you are too much. you got your message across, you win. happy now?
9/13/13 2:10 PM
Tweener

Funny how people bitch about Condit's fight with Diaz - someone even bringing up in a post that it's his job and he should have performed since he's being paid.

Diaz sleeps through the GSP fight as people are saying, and people congratulate him on the payday and hope to see him back soon.

This fucking place. Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 2:11 PM
subwrassler
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 - We both know that Jude we were just saying that we like the way Diaz scraps and even just for a moment it wouldve been nice to see that come out, but of course GSPs skills are vastly superiror and he was def taking him down all night.

All the credit def goes to GSP for dominating that fight and doing whatever he wanted and making Diaz look like he shouldve never gotten that fight.

yikes

watch that one again my man..

true..Diaz did not give 100%..probably about 70% effort in that fight...
yet..

he did pop gsp a few times, he did hold GSP against the cage while kneeing and dirty boxing him (which I've never seen anyone else do to GSP)and GSP looked hella stressed out himself in that one.
And Nick the bleeder didn't even have a scratch...
9/13/13 2:18 PM
subwrassler
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know this is a controversial take on the fight, but I honestly feel that that was gsp's toughest fight besides of course matt serra.

look at fitch after fighting gsp, look at thiago's face after his fight with gsp..
he put on a submission attempt clinic versus hardy, ktfo of herion and beat the hell out of koscheck breaking his face..

Nick and GSP both looked like they had just worked out after that fight.

I'd love to see it again with Nick trying his best to win
9/13/13 2:19 PM
Leck Brosnar

Tweener - Funny how people bitch about Condit's fight with Diaz - someone even bringing up in a post that it's his job and he should have performed since he's being paid.

Diaz sleeps through the GSP fight as people are saying, and people congratulate him on the payday and hope to see him back soon.

This fucking place. Phone Post 3.0

This place rules especially regarding Diaz buttnuggerhuggers. I even LOVE when Diaz whines about gameplans and even he was holding LITTLE BJ PENN against the fucking fence to make him tired. Where you at gameplans, where you at motherf00ker? 209
9/13/13 2:22 PM
Ramon Maroni

Leck Brosnar - Hope he fights a wrestler atleast one more time in his career ;)

those are the last type of fighters, people want to see fight Nick
9/13/13 2:22 PM
Leck Brosnar

subwrassler - I know this is a controversial take on the fight, but I honestly feel that that was gsp's toughest fight besides of course matt serra.

look at fitch after fighting gsp, look at thiago's face after his fight with gsp..
he put on a submission attempt clinic versus hardy, ktfo of herion and beat the hell out of koscheck breaking his face..

It's tough for GSP to do anything else when Nicky spends most of the fight face down arse up ;)
9/13/13 2:23 PM
Leck Brosnar

Ramon Maroni - 
Leck Brosnar - Hope he fights a wrestler atleast one more time in his career ;)

those are the last type of fighters, people want to see fight Nick

But I enjoy seeing Diaz dominated, or he can MAYBE make it an awesome scramblefest. Win win for me, stand and bang is overrated.
9/13/13 2:23 PM
aka_rtotheoh

No way diaz was a harder fight than Condit for GSP. Nick laid there and only hit after the bell. (yet Daley cant come back. odd.) Condit was way more busy and came closer to finishing than nick did. try or not nick was going to lose Phone Post
9/13/13 2:27 PM
subwrassler

Leck Brosnar - 
subwrassler - I know this is a controversial take on the fight, but I honestly feel that that was gsp's toughest fight besides of course matt serra.

It's tough for GSP to do anything else when Nicky spends most of the fight face down arse up ;)

only responding to you to point out that you obviously look for Nick Diaz threads to express your hate.

the worst kind of UGer right there...

sad.
9/13/13 2:28 PM
Leck Brosnar

subwrassler - 
Leck Brosnar - 

only responding to you to point out that you obviously look for Nick Diaz threads to express your hate.

sad.

This is a mma forum and people share opinions? And I'm only talking factual points, your making some scenarios where in your head where Nick might actually beat GSP, LOL ;)
9/13/13 2:28 PM
subwrassler

bazza76 - If a fighter has earned some time out it is Diaz. That guy has worked so hard for so long. His training regime is insane, not to mention all the wars he has been in and the entertainment he has brought people. I'd love to see him fight again soon, but can understand him taking some time off. I would assume Diaz still trains regularly enough though.

agree 100%
9/13/13 2:29 PM
Vaginal Tear
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sorry sir. You need a pro acct to post here. Phone Post 3.0
JStrongMMA
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jude099 -
Pitbull3744 - 
JStrongMMA - 

GSP > ND
I'm not disputing that Nick would have won the fight had he fought his ass off. GSP is a horrible opponent for Nick stylistically and Georges would have won regardless, however we did not see the best Nick Diaz that night. It was one of the worst performances of his career. Phone Post
subwrassler

Leck Brosnar - 
subwrassler - 
Leck Brosnar - 

sad.

This is a mma forum and people share opinions? And I'm only talking factual points, your making some scenarios where in your head where Nick might actually beat GSP, LOL ;)

like I said, you're a trolling hater...the worst kind of UGer.

that is all.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.