UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> leg kick = bicep punch?

9/13/13 3:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
john joe
332 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web/editorial

the leg kick is well established but would it be possible to do the same with the bicep and kill the arm that way? Ive just sat here punching myself in the left arm for research purposes and it seems it could have some application. My arm is killing me now, a bit dead and my mrs just walked in while i was doing it and thinks im a fucking lunatic

discuss
9/13/13 3:16 PM
InspiritMick
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Potato Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 3:17 PM
Pencil Neck
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes it could. Not just the biceps can be targeted but the inner forearms and the brachialis (outside of upper arm between biceps and triceps) .too
9/13/13 3:17 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your wife probably thinks that hitting yourself has become the new choking yourself.

9/13/13 3:19 PM
Willin
192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why hit a guys shoulder when you can be punching his head? Similar risk, way less reward to repeatedly punch an arm. The leg kick also works because you can land flushly on a planted leg. Striking the arm of a moving opponent would have much less impact since it's not planted. Phone Post
9/13/13 3:19 PM
sincitydc
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I imagine being punched in the triceps a few hard times might take away some steam in your punches Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 3:20 PM
DanTheWolfman

I do it all the time, Filipino boxing Panatuken does it, and I first had it done to me very nasty against my rt jabs when I sparred Robbie Lawler (half Filipino too not sure if that influenced him or not) in Iowa one handed. I had just had Pec surgery and he had shoulder injury so we were both only rt handed. Limb Destructions in FMA is very common.
9/13/13 3:20 PM
Willin
192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That said I'd be interested to know the effects of kneeing a grounded opponents shoulders/arms when you are maintaining GSP like top control. That could deaden then quite a bit and it wouldn't be that risky. Phone Post
9/13/13 3:39 PM
john joe
332 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web/editorial
Willin -  Why hit a guys shoulder when you can be punching his head? Similar risk, way less reward to repeatedly punch an arm. The leg kick also works because you can land flushly on a planted leg. Striking the arm of a moving opponent would have much less impact since it's not planted. Phone Post

im thinking more for clinch and topgame than for free-standing striking exchanges. the meaty portion of the bicep wouldnt really present itself in that case.
9/13/13 3:41 PM
forrestfan
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

leg kicks don't have the padding of a glove.

now "arm kicks" you might be onto something...
9/13/13 3:42 PM
CharlesLewis
779 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When fighting a guy who likes to jab a lot, in particular a lazy jabber who maybe doesn't retract as fast as he should, start hooking the inside of his wrist or forearm. Turn your fist to make maximum use of the knuckes if ungloved. The great thing about it is you can strike at a man's extended jab and even if you miss you are well out of range yourself. After a few of these, watch and see how hesitant he becomes. I've had guys just quit after getting popped a few times.

9/13/13 3:48 PM
UK Asylum

When someone is blocking head kicks and body kicks well, i kick to the arms and eventually they either drop their arms a bit (open headkick)or push arms out to block headkicks and open up body kicks.
9/13/13 3:56 PM
BigEyedFish
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JKD teaches bicep destruction techniques as well.

I was never good or quick enough to catch people in mid strike
9/13/13 3:57 PM
Seats Taken
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone that had an older brother knows how devastating a monkey bump can be Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 3:58 PM
Jaworski21
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They showed this in one of the Fight Quest episodes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7Tp7ma0vFs at around 10:00
9/13/13 4:34 PM
Purgey
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Tyson tore one of his opponents biceps doing that. Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 5:31 PM
Ajm1218
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Apparently when John Ruiz used to spar with Lennox Lewis, he used to punch him in the arm a lot. Lewis would use his left to "place" opponent's heads for the big right hand. Ruiz would hunch his shoulder up and trap Lewis's glove between shoulder and neck and uppercut him in the bicep or elbow. OUCH!
9/13/13 5:38 PM
BENDOver_and_took_it
1474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP gassed BJ's arms/shoulders on purpose by grapple fucking him in the clinch.

9/13/13 5:42 PM
Rev Horror
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eater of Sacred Cows, Pwner

In the clinch man, fuck yeah, or if the opportunity just presents itself and you can land it safely. I wouldn't make it a foundation like leg kicking because so much more force is applied to muscle tissue in a proper leg kick.

9/13/13 5:44 PM
Bobby Lupo
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

See Marciano, Rocky for effective punches to an opponents arms early in a fight rendering them quasi useless late in a fight.

9/13/13 5:44 PM
BENDOver_and_took_it
1474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

charlie horse the bicep/tricep with hellbows.

9/13/13 5:47 PM
Il Duce
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We just drilled elbows to the bicep while in the clinch in Muay Thai. Wondered about that one. Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 6:09 PM
BLACK ROOSTER
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanTheWolfman - I do it all the time, Filipino boxing Panatuken does it, and I first had it done to me very nasty against my rt jabs when I sparred Robbie Lawler (half Filipino too not sure if that influenced him or not) in Iowa one handed. I had just had Pec surgery and he had shoulder injury so we were both only rt handed. Limb Destructions in FMA is very common.
Lawler is hap plip? Wow did not know dat. Now we hab anodayr wan to rut por. Phone Post
9/13/13 6:31 PM
wooden shjip
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kicks to the arms are common in Muay Thai, they can really wear out your punching and clinch strength.
9/13/13 6:31 PM
Tat2tillidie
356 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think about this sometimes when 2 guys are on the may and one is in half guard and the one on top I've always thought why doesn't he punch his arm if he has it trapped ... I mean if a wrestler was worried about getting KTFO and he took the guy down and just pounded on his arms as well as body body head punches he could take at least half of his punching power away ... Add in leg kicks and no can defend ... Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.